This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746118]
Mon, 04 November 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Arizona to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2019-20 Regular Season
Monday, November 4, 2019Arizona 3 @ Edmonton 2 (OT)Loss
Sunday, November 24, 2019Edmonton 4 @ Arizona 3 (OT) (SO)Win
Saturday, January 18, 2020Arizona 3 @ Edmonton 7Win
Tuesday, February 4, 2020Edmonton 0 @ Arizona 3Loss
Home Record: 1-0-1       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 2-1-1
Home / Road Goals For: 9/4 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/6 Total: 12

2018-19 Regular Season
Wednesday, January 2, 2019Edmonton 3 @ Arizona 1Win
Saturday, January 12, 2019Arizona 3 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Tuesday, February 19, 2019Arizona 3 @ Edmonton 2 (OT) (SO)Loss
Saturday, March 16, 2019Edmonton 3 @ Arizona 2 (OT)Win
Home Record: 0-1-1       Road Record: 2-0-0       Overall Record: 2-1-1
Home / Road Goals For: 4/6 Total: 10
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/3 Total: 9

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746122 is a reply to message #746118 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

This will be a tough game for the Oil. Mackinnon couldn’t get anything started against these guys and Kuemper looks totally on his game.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746124 is a reply to message #746122 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

You have to wonder if Raanta might be on the outs. Miss most of last year with an injury. Started this year with an injury and Kuemper just keeps cruising along.

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746130 is a reply to message #746118 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Bob Stauffer @Bob_Stauffer

Draisaitl-McDavid-Chiasson
Neal-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Granlund-Gagner
Haas-Cave-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

Koskinen in starters net

Kassian being dropped down was due. I've been getting annoyed at his puck dumping (when he as a chance to pass to Drai or McDavid for a carry in) and honestly, puck hogging, while out there with Drai/McDavid. He's been carrying the puck way too much and killing rushes/plays.

Hopefully Chaisson can recapture some of his luck from last year.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746133 is a reply to message #746130 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 04 November 2019 09:57

Neal-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Granlund-Gagner
Haas-Cave-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

Koskinen in starters net

Kassian being dropped down was due. I've been getting annoyed at his puck dumping (when he as a chance to pass to Drai or McDavid for a carry in) and honestly, puck hogging, while out there with Drai/McDavid. He's been carrying the puck way too much and killing rushes/plays.

Chiasson on the No.1 line? He's the slowest guy on the team and can't carry the puck to save his life...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/fwDprKZ2a3dqUwvEtK/giphy.webp?cid=790b7611cacee3c4c42416ae6b7d5e5d8209c6f59219d27c&rid=giphy.webp

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746135 is a reply to message #746133 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 04 November 2019 11:04

Neal-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Granlund-Gagner
Haas-Cave-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

Koskinen in starters net

Chiasson on the No.1 line? He's the slowest guy on the team and can't carry the puck to save his life...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/fwDprKZ2a3dqUwvEtK/giphy.webp?cid=790b7611cacee3c4c42416ae6b7d5e5d8209c6f59219d27c&rid=giphy.webp

Just get your butt open to take shots is all I ask of him. Don't take the puck and run away from Drai/Mcdavid and try to dangle through the opposition, or dump pucks in when Drai or McDavid are looking right at you expecting a pass.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746140 is a reply to message #746133 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Neal-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Granlund-Gagner
Haas-Cave-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

Koskinen in starters net

Maroon who was probably slower than Chiasson scored 27 goals by simply giving the puck to McDavid or Leon, then going to the net. In my opinion, I think there is a misconception that the 3rd guy with McDavid and Leon needs to be this super skilled, elite level player. Give those guys the puck, go to the net with your stick down ready for a pass at all times, dig the puck out of the corners, screen the goalie, clean up the garbage. Above all, don't go offside and get the hell out of the way.

In my opinion, what happens to the 3rd guy with those 2 is they start thinking they are uber skilled guys so they go away from their game.

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746142 is a reply to message #746140 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 04 November 2019 10:24

Neal-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Granlund-Gagner
Haas-Cave-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

Koskinen in starters net

Maroon who was probably slower than Chiasson scored 27 goals by simply giving the puck to McDavid or Leon, then going to the net. In my opinion, I think there is a misconception that the 3rd guy with McDavid and Leon needs to be this super skilled, elite level player. Give those guys the puck, go to the net with your stick down ready for a pass at all times, dig the puck out of the corners, screen the goalie, clean up the garbage. Above all, don't go offside and get the hell out of the way.

In my opinion, what happens to the 3rd guy with those 2 is they start thinking they are uber skilled guys so they go away from their game.

IMHO Chiasson is slower than Maroon.. well we'll see, if McD and LD can turn this chuck steak into prime rib then woo hoo!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746150 is a reply to message #746142 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 04 November 2019 11:38

Neal-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Granlund-Gagner
Haas-Cave-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

Koskinen in starters net

IMHO Chiasson is slower than Maroon.. well we'll see, if McD and LD can turn this chuck steak into prime rib then woo hoo!

He could be. I have never seen them in a foot race so I don't know for sure. All I know is Maroon was pretty slow but he kept it simple and had success.

If Chiasson keeps it simply and goes to the net, he could maybe have some success.

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746174 is a reply to message #746150 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 04 November 2019 12:40

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 04 November 2019 11:38

Neal-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Granlund-Gagner
Haas-Cave-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

Koskinen in starters net

He could be. I have never seen them in a foot race so I don't know for sure. All I know is Maroon was pretty slow but he kept it simple and had success.

If Chiasson keeps it simply and goes to the net, he could maybe have some success.

Chiasson just needs to watch all the games Smytty played and then play like he's #94.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746177 is a reply to message #746174 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 19:41 Go to previous message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

2 Cups

Xombie wrote on Mon, 04 November 2019 19:31

Chiasson just needs to watch all the games Smytty played and then play like he's #94.

Chiasson benefitted more from PP1 time last year than first line time. That PP1 spot is where guys really get their cookies.

Last year it was Chiasson
Year before it was nobody (look at the stats, that team was junk)
Year before that it was Lucic
Year before that it was Letestu (scoring was more spread out in Connor's rookie year because he only played half)
Year before that it was Percell (Pre-Connor)

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746152 is a reply to message #746140 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 04 November 2019 12:24

Neal-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Granlund-Gagner
Haas-Cave-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

Koskinen in starters net

This is why I think Neal could be a good fit with the, though talk about loading a line.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746156 is a reply to message #746152 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 04 November 2019 15:28

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 04 November 2019 12:24

Neal-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Granlund-Gagner
Haas-Cave-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Russell-Benning

Koskinen in starters net

This is why I think Neal could be a good fit with the, though talk about loading a line.

They have already made a super line with Leon and McDavid, putting Neal up with them would be overkill in my opinion. You do need to spread some scoring around.

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746138 is a reply to message #746118 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

MUST WIN!!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746149 is a reply to message #746138 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Quote:

I'm guessing this is to try to get Chaisson going offensively. He hasn't been very good but does well as the net front presence playing with McDavid where he doesn't need to be overly fast.

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746159 is a reply to message #746118 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stotto  is currently offline stotto

No Cups

22 goals last year. Chaisson is due and will see some top line minutes.

A bold prediction that he pots one tonight!

Re: Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16) [message #746160 is a reply to message #746118 ]
Mon, 04 November 2019 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

2 Cups

Not gonna lie, this game feels like a trap. Coyotes are a better team this year, we sucked against them last year, First game back from an Eastern trip, Oilers a little full of themselves after 2 wins.

Previous Topic:GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #16)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca