This day on December 7
None

Happy Birthday To: E-townchamps, Piercimo, Lupul15, Jakey, codysunshine, Oilersfanforever, danielduperron

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Dylan Strome
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Dylan Strome [message #810193]
Sun, 10 July 2022 14:17 Go to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Seems like hot topic on Twitter right now.

All of this new found money and rumours swirling around Foegele, Puljujarvi and to a lesser extent Barrie has this off-season trending from can’t do anything, to holycrapola.

I’d take a guess at our training camp roster right now, but who the he’ll knows?

Oscargasm needs to provide an Odie update.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810194 is a reply to message #810193 ]
Sun, 10 July 2022 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sun, 10 July 2022 14:17

Seems like hot topic on Twitter right now.

All of this new found money and rumours swirling around Foegele, Puljujarvi and to a lesser extent Barrie has this off-season trending from can’t do anything, to holycrapola.

I’d take a guess at our training camp roster right now, but who the he’ll knows?

Oscargasm needs to provide an Odie update.

Sounding like no offer for Kubalik too. Tanking hard for Bedard.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810196 is a reply to message #810194 ]
Sun, 10 July 2022 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 10 July 2022 13:20

Sounding like no offer for Kubalik too. Tanking hard for Bedard.

That seems like a lot of pain for a lottery roll on one player.. they'll be sucking for 5 years.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810204 is a reply to message #810193 ]
Sun, 10 July 2022 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

He’s definitely on the radar and Connor has told Ken to get it done.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810205 is a reply to message #810204 ]
Sun, 10 July 2022 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 10 July 2022 21:25

If true, Chicago not qualifying him makes him an even better option, he can sign for less than what his qualifying offer would have been as a UFA to suit the Oiler cap. His QO would be $3.6M.. get him to sign a 2 year x 2.25 or 2.5

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810207 is a reply to message #810205 ]
Mon, 11 July 2022 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 11 July 2022 01:55

If true, Chicago not qualifying him makes him an even better option, he can sign for less than what his qualifying offer would have been as a UFA to suit the Oiler cap. His QO would be $3.6M.. get him to sign a 2 year x 2.25 or 2.5

He just scored 22 goals and 48 points in 69 (hee hee) games. Not sure his agent wants him signing for anything that stars with a 2. Honestly I would have 0 hesitation giving him him his QO amount. I'm stunned the Hawks would let this kid go for that amount.

Not sure he would replace Kane, but would love if Holland signed him if he becomes available.

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810210 is a reply to message #810207 ]
Mon, 11 July 2022 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

I don't pretend to follow Strome or know a ton about him. He had a fairly productive season last year on a bad Hawks team. I would assume the idea is that he would play on McD's wing?

If they are bringing in Strome then that has to mean you move on from Kane? I think Kane is a good fit on the team just because he brings a dimension along with scoring but at the end of the day the goal is to put as many good players as you can on the team so if you can bring in Strome and have him mostly replace the production that Kane does and you should be able to bring him in for much less than Kane, opens up other money for other things. If McD wants/thinks Strome can help the Oilers win and it makes McD happy, you have to look at it.

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810214 is a reply to message #810210 ]
Mon, 11 July 2022 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 July 2022 08:11

I don't pretend to follow Strome or know a ton about him. He had a fairly productive season last year on a bad Hawks team. I would assume the idea is that he would play on McD's wing?

If they are bringing in Strome then that has to mean you move on from Kane? I think Kane is a good fit on the team just because he brings a dimension along with scoring but at the end of the day the goal is to put as many good players as you can on the team so if you can bring in Strome and have him mostly replace the production that Kane does and you should be able to bring him in for much less than Kane, opens up other money for other things. If McD wants/thinks Strome can help the Oilers win and it makes McD happy, you have to look at it.

You’re not paying Kane 8-9M over several years tho. His ask has only gone up the closer to FA we get.

Just walk away and let him be someone else’s problem.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810216 is a reply to message #810214 ]
Mon, 11 July 2022 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 11 July 2022 08:26

You’re not paying Kane 8-9M over several years tho. His ask has only gone up the closer to FA we get.

100%. Sounds like the Oilers and Kane have talked a lot. Sounds like they are far apart on a deal. I assume the Oilers set their price and years and gave him a take it or leave it which is what I would hope they would do. I like Kane with the style he plays and the team fit but I am not throwing a brinks truck at him with money and term. I'd be comfortable with 6 on a 3 yr deal as my tops. If he's not cool with that, thank him for his time.

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810217 is a reply to message #810216 ]
Mon, 11 July 2022 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 July 2022 11:34

100%. Sounds like the Oilers and Kane have talked a lot. Sounds like they are far apart on a deal. I assume the Oilers set their price and years and gave him a take it or leave it which is what I would hope they would do. I like Kane with the style he plays and the team fit but I am not throwing a brinks truck at him with money and term. I'd be comfortable with 6 on a 3 yr deal as my tops. If he's not cool with that, thank him for his time.

What sucks for Kane and the Oilers and even the Sharks is the uncertainty surrounding his case. If the Oilers sign him to a big deal, all other UFAs and trades get sorted out July 13-15, and then an arbitrator comes in and says "well, sorry, that deal is voided" - then what? You're left out in the cold.

I loved Kane as a fit on the team. Would love to see him back. But hearing how far apart they are on a deal and with the uncertainty surrounding his contract with the Sharks, I would just look elsewhere.

For what he reportedly is asking you could maybe get Giroux AND Strome. And MAYBE even later, the Sharks contract is reinstated and we can deal with them and get Kane for 3 years and have the Sharks retain some. Send a pick and prospects to have the Sharks retain half or whatever? Imagine adding Giroux, Strome, and Kane! That would be insane.

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810218 is a reply to message #810217 ]
Mon, 11 July 2022 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 11 July 2022 09:04

What sucks for Kane and the Oilers and even the Sharks is the uncertainty surrounding his case. If the Oilers sign him to a big deal, all other UFAs and trades get sorted out July 13-15, and then an arbitrator comes in and says "well, sorry, that deal is voided" - then what? You're left out in the cold.

I loved Kane as a fit on the team. Would love to see him back. But hearing how far apart they are on a deal and with the uncertainty surrounding his contract with the Sharks, I would just look elsewhere.

For what he reportedly is asking you could maybe get Giroux AND Strome. And MAYBE even later, the Sharks contract is reinstated and we can deal with them and get Kane for 3 years and have the Sharks retain some. Send a pick and prospects to have the Sharks retain half or whatever? Imagine adding Giroux, Strome, and Kane! That would be insane.

I really hope we shift focus to Giroux and forget about Kane. Giroux is better, but also probably cheaper and will likely sign a shorter deal. On top of that, he hasn't really had a whole lot of scandal. If we could get him AND Strome? That would be fantastic.

I would really prefer to be the team that let Kane go on a relatively good note. I think there's a good chance that isn't the case for his next contract. Even if he keeps his nose clean, he's going to have legal troubles from three different avenues over the next couple of years - 1) his ongoing toxic dispute with his ex-wife, which was trending on twitter again this weekend; 2) the girl he beat up in a Buffalo hotel room to the point she needed some surgeries to deal with the injuries - her civil suit was paused due to his bankruptcy, but will move forward when he gets a new deal; and 3) the abortions for pay lawsuit with his former mistress. Those not only will provide him a lot of distractions, but they're the kind of thing that will turn fans on him if the ugly details end up in news articles again and again. If he keeps scoring at a 40-goal a season rate, maybe Oilers fans en masse put their head in the sands, but if he has a significant slump? Oh boy.

I'd much rather get someone like Giroux who doesn't bring the same baggage, and who'd probably look pretty solid himself on our top 6.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810222 is a reply to message #810218 ]
Mon, 11 July 2022 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 July 2022 09:22

Mike wrote on Mon, 11 July 2022 09:04

I really hope we shift focus to Giroux and forget about Kane. Giroux is better, but also probably cheaper and will likely sign a shorter deal. On top of that, he hasn't really had a whole lot of scandal. If we could get him AND Strome? That would be fantastic.

I would really prefer to be the team that let Kane go on a relatively good note. I think there's a good chance that isn't the case for his next contract. Even if he keeps his nose clean, he's going to have legal troubles from three different avenues over the next couple of years - 1) his ongoing toxic dispute with his ex-wife, which was trending on twitter again this weekend; 2) the girl he beat up in a Buffalo hotel room to the point she needed some surgeries to deal with the injuries - her civil suit was paused due to his bankruptcy, but will move forward when he gets a new deal; and 3) the abortions for pay lawsuit with his former mistress. Those not only will provide him a lot of distractions, but they're the kind of thing that will turn fans on him if the ugly details end up in news articles again and again. If he keeps scoring at a 40-goal a season rate, maybe Oilers fans en masse put their head in the sands, but if he has a significant slump? Oh boy.

I'd much rather get someone like Giroux who doesn't bring the same baggage, and who'd probably look pretty solid himself on our top 6.

Echoing this. Giroux is a better hockey player. Quick. Someone show Oilers management his faceoff stats!!!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810261 is a reply to message #810207 ]
Mon, 11 July 2022 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 11 July 2022 05:17

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 11 July 2022 01:55

He just scored 22 goals and 48 points in 69 (hee hee) games. Not sure his agent wants him signing for anything that stars with a 2. Honestly I would have 0 hesitation giving him him his QO amount. I'm stunned the Hawks would let this kid go for that amount.

Not sure he would replace Kane, but would love if Holland signed him if he becomes available.

He gets to play top 6 with either McD or LD.. I think you'd be able to talk the player into a discount.. maybe not the agent.. he was on Erie with McD.. good friends.. he'd jump at the chance to play with him again... my hope is his love for $ is weaker than his agents!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Dylan Strome [message #810264 is a reply to message #810261 ]
Mon, 11 July 2022 14:25 Go to previous message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 11 July 2022 12:11

He gets to play top 6 with either McD or LD.. I think you'd be able to talk the player into a discount.. maybe not the agent.. he was on Erie with McD.. good friends.. he'd jump at the chance to play with him again... my hope is his love for $ is weaker than his agents!

Asking a guy to knock a little off the top to play with McDavid is a discount. Asking him to take half of what he could earn elsewhere (the UFA market for Strome will easily be in the $4's), as he enters his prime earning years seems unrealistic. That would be Strome taking a pay cut after coming off of a career year production wise. Are there any examples of that ever happening in the past?

I think the Oilers should definitely pursue Strome. I just don't think they're going to get him for $2.5M (but would be awesome if they did).

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Previous Topic:Jack Campbell
Next Topic:Don't Buy Out Zack Kassian
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca