This day on August 15
Acquired: Ken Solheim (1985)

Happy Birthday To: Oilforever, Smytty97, recon929, OvenChicken8

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451431 is a reply to message #451427 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

1 Cup

Beerfish Revisited wrote on Thu, 11 December 2008 21:33

I wish we had even one media guy with the nuts to truly call out the organization. Just one.

I anxiously await the spin RT is going to put on this one in the Sun tomorrow. I swear the guy hasnt watched a game after the tripe I read in his article yesterday.

Must be because they were too well rested. Thats it.

This is the 4th time the Oilers have been shutout this season.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451426 is a reply to message #451419 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilLife  is currently offline OilLife

No Cups

Just ran into a hot goalie...it happens, just ask San Jose!!! The only thing that disappointed me this game like many so far this season is Erik Coles' overall ability to not play like he did in Carolina.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451428 is a reply to message #451407 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

So, that's what it felt like to be a San Jose fan on Saturday.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451430 is a reply to message #451428 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shooter  is currently offline Shooter

No Cups

Somebody has to be the first to say it in this thread.........fire MacT!!! icon_lol

Here's a free lesson......

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451434 is a reply to message #451430 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huynh  is currently offline huynh

No Cups

Shooter wrote on Thu, 11 December 2008 21:42

Somebody has to be the first to say it in this thread.........fire MacT!!! icon_lol

This is no laughing matter.... boom
Wave Towel Let's trade the whole team before the coach goes.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451433 is a reply to message #451428 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

oilerinvan wrote on Thu, 11 December 2008 22:36

So, that's what it felt like to be a San Jose fan on Saturday.

Except the chances were more exciting & got sharks fans off their seats sat. Like everyone else is saying, good game Anderson but boring game.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451437 is a reply to message #451433 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E-townchamps  is currently offline E-townchamps

No Cups

wow, our PK is losing them games at an alarming rate...I know you gotta score to win but Florida was 1 for 1 on the PP...the Florida freaking Panthers

Hall-RNH-Eberle...future #1 line

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451452 is a reply to message #451433 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pwplaygirl  is currently offline pwplaygirl

No Cups

I agree - nothing to jump out of our seats for. Not looking forward to Saturday after that snore-fest tonight. Sad.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451432 is a reply to message #451407 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Boringgggg....

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451462 is a reply to message #451407 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr. Oil is currently online Dr. Oil

1 Cup

Well Hemmer's point streak came to crashing end.

I missed this game and from the sounds of it, I'm lucky.

The Oilers are way too easy to play against and Vancouver always stacks up so well against us because of their willingness to get their noses dirty. Unless this team finds some pride somewhere, Saturday will be embarrassing.

Who knows, eh? [message #451463 is a reply to message #451462 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

Didn't the Oilers have a good "wake-up" game in VAN about this time last season?

One that really brought them all together... fightin' tooth 'n' nail for the same thing?

Re: Who knows, eh? [message #451465 is a reply to message #451463 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

AY wrote on Thu, 11 December 2008 22:48

Didn't the Oilers have a good "wake-up" game in VAN about this time last season?

One that really brought them all together... fightin' tooth 'n' nail for the same thing?

They also got pounded by the 'Nucks earlier this season if I remember correctly. That was one of a long list of horrible games we've seen so far this season.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451464 is a reply to message #451407 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

Easy game for Florida.

Didn't have to put much effort into it.

And please don't prop up Anderson. That was a simple game for him to play in.

Maybe 1 or 2 difficult saves/sequences to be had by him all night. Okay FINE, three.

Where as Garon, in the 16 or so shots he faced tonight had to deal with several dangerous situations.

This game was boring. I didn't even see any emotion.

Small, soft team. No physicality. I mean they didn't play too bad, there was effort but there's just no drive, no vision.

Stupid game. Absolutely unacceptable loss to Florida. Utterly embarrassing.

The Oilers have now lost to the Leafs, Kings and Panthers on home ice. Pathetic.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 December 2008 22:55]

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451467 is a reply to message #451407 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

On another note, this team is really going to have to swing a deal, hopefully sooner rather than later because the size and grit on this team is clearly a serious issue, anyone with ONE eye and half a brain can see this.

The only untouchables on this squadron are Visnovsky, Souray, Hemsky, and Cogliano.

I don't even care for Gagner. Players Tamblowe should definitely look to deal are Roli (I love how he's been playing but please, package him while he has value and can get us a decent return!) Nilsson, Pouliot, Stortini, Cole, Grebeshkov, Staios and one of Schremp or Brule.

Channeling Forest Gump for a second... And that's all I have to say about that...

Re: Review: [message #451471 is a reply to message #451407 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nae17  is currently offline nae17

No Cups

I don't usually have a problem with Mactavish's coaching and what-nots but why on earth did he put Gagner on the 2nd line? I would be able to put it together if he had played some really solid minutes on the 4th and deserved the move-up, but unless I'm completely out to lunch here, I don't think he did at all and in fact I thought he was the worst on the 4th line for a majority of his time out there. confused2

Now I know its not Sam's fault because he is coming back from the head injury and his play is bound to be affected somehow, but I certainly don't think that was the right move. The play was dying with him much too often; perhaps they could have moved Pouliot out of his spot, left Gagner where he was, and put Brule in.

Maybe I'm focusing on the golden boy too much. Wheres Horcoff deadhorse

edited for clarity.

Review: B'ah Humbug... [message #451479 is a reply to message #451471 ]
Fri, 12 December 2008 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unscarred  is currently offline Unscarred

No Cups

The more I watch the Oilers, the more I come to realize that their level of play depends of the competition they face. Oilers vs FLA... mediocre performance.... Oilers vs Detroit... Wow. "Yeah... it's slack night tonight.... see ya next week boys. We can make the playoffs in a few months."

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451490 is a reply to message #451407 ]
Fri, 12 December 2008 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mullet  is currently offline Mullet

No Cups

I thought the game was pretty entertaining. Kids were good but I think the vets were the choke artists including Horc (though the first line produced he had some defensive lapses and give aways), souray and staios. Also, I was pretty disappointed when schremp got pulled for gagner as at the moment schremp is playing better. Liked the look of the third line cole looks like he is coming around. I hope that he is like carter or torres in the sense that when one goes in plenty will follow.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451513 is a reply to message #451490 ]
Fri, 12 December 2008 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diamondx  is currently offline diamondx

No Cups

they need something to get the crowds into it again
I vote for a goalie fight... :D

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451528 is a reply to message #451407 ]
Fri, 12 December 2008 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Longcat  is currently offline Longcat

No Cups

That was a pretty boring game. Anderson was in position all night and the Oilers PK continues to be a horrible drag on the team.

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 14:57

I'm just going to say it, this Longcat fellow is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451533 is a reply to message #451528 ]
Fri, 12 December 2008 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goalpost  is currently offline goalpost

No Cups

Longcat wrote on Fri, 12 December 2008 13:29

That was a pretty boring game. Anderson was in position all night and the Oilers PK continues to be a horrible drag on the team.

The Panthers played the trap to perfection all night long, and you couple that with Anderson's stellar play [a hot goalie on his game with great rebound control] and eventhough the Panthers were outplayed they won.
With the Panthers trapping and a Anderson goaltending it was up to the PP to win this game for the Oilers.

The Oilers defense did what they were supposed to puck movement / skating up ice to beat the trap / lone Panther up front putting pressure, and the forwards did a decent job in carrying puck possession into the zone, working it down low, and in getting the puck at the net.

Again, imo the key for the Oilers was to score on the PP, requiring the Panthers to get out of their defensive shell and open things up.

As the Oilers showed in the '06 run, and against San Jose, a trapping team with a hot goalie is very difficult to beat, and makes for a long, boring and frustrating game to watch.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451549 is a reply to message #451407 ]
Fri, 12 December 2008 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Halfempty  is currently offline Halfempty

No Cups

I think it took 22 minutes to play the first period. It's like everyone was in a hurry to get home.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #28)
Next Topic:GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca