This day on April 20
None

Happy Birthday To: Nesticle, goffer48, The Goat, HezzyB, Oilbleeder, thesituation, Patorious

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814259]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Vegas to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814262 is a reply to message #814259 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

What a goal. It is unfair he still has that burst at the end of the game.
We can go back and forth all day about the weaknesses on this team but man, are we lucky to get to watch highlights like that.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814269 is a reply to message #814262 ]
Sun, 20 November 2022 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 22:36

We can go back and forth all day about the weaknesses on this team but man, are we lucky to get to watch highlights like that.

There are very few things in life like a Connor McDavid overtime winner. I mean, that spin move alone was out of this world and he didn’t even score. There was a nothing moment in the third where 6 or 7 guys were in a scrum along the end boards in the attacking zone and somehow everyone backed away and he just ended up with the puck. I’ve never seen anything like that. THEN he scored an OT winner.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814285 is a reply to message #814262 ]
Sun, 20 November 2022 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 22:36

Not just end of the game but also 75 seconds in to a back and forth overtime shift.

As McDavid said, he didn't have his best game, but he still made it count.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814263 is a reply to message #814259 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

I need to do that more often - watch a 2.5 hr movie (Wakanda Forever) then get home just as OT starts.

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814266 is a reply to message #814263 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Yeah, you bypassed some frustration. I scared the dog a few times tonight with some colorful language.

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814265 is a reply to message #814259 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Rare home win, but too many turnovers, 8 or 9 by superstars, and a game called a bit one sided. The Oilers beat a backup tonight. I thought Bouchard stood out as having a tough night defensively.

I think the Oilers win this outright if they weren't as careless with the puck. Skinner, still good.

97 was on a bit of a mission. Nuge continues a good start to the season as well as Hyman. I see no reason so far not to keep Kostin and Janmark around, Janmark had a bad giveaway late, he's not a top 6 guy but I don't know how his 1 chance didn't go in. Both those guys add things to the bottom 6 that weren't there. Kostin's hit is just something you don't see from anyone this year, and chances..2 shots and 4 hits in 10:39. Are they waiting for Benson to send 55 down?

Anyway, please tighten up defensively and gain some traction!

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814267 is a reply to message #814265 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 22:13

Rare home win, but too many turnovers, 8 or 9 by superstars, and a game called a bit one sided. The Oilers beat a backup tonight. I thought Bouchard stood out as having a tough night defensively.

I think the Oilers win this outright if they weren't as careless with the puck. Skinner, still good.

97 was on a bit of a mission. Nuge continues a good start to the season as well as Hyman. I see no reason so far not to keep Kostin and Janmark around, Janmark had a bad giveaway late, he's not a top 6 guy but I don't know how his 1 chance didn't go in. Both those guys add things to the bottom 6 that weren't there. Kostin's hit is just something you don't see from anyone this year, and chances..2 shots and 4 hits in 10:39. Are they waiting for Benson to send 55 down?

Anyway, please tighten up defensively and gain some traction!

I agree about Kostin and Janmark.. Janmark on the puck all the time, and gets a shot off quick.. he might be a good place holder for Kane .. Kostin played well, good at puck possession, uses his size effectively, didn't notice any defensive zone errors.. could be a find..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814268 is a reply to message #814259 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

My boy Stu wins the Calder trophy matchup of goalies.

I think many people need to calm down about this team. They aren't going to win all the time and there will be ups and downs. Another rough road trip starting Monday through the New York area (weird one where they will probably just stay in the same hotel for an entire week). Get a couple wins and it'll be ok.

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814270 is a reply to message #814268 ]
Sun, 20 November 2022 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Yeah but they have the gift of the best two forwards in the league for 7 years and they are still not a top team.

About time there are expectations on this franchise.

Go Oilers. Sweet goal.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814272 is a reply to message #814268 ]
Sun, 20 November 2022 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike is currently online Mike

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 20 November 2022 02:30

My boy Stu wins the Calder trophy matchup of goalies.

Crazy how that with Gretzky, Kurti, Coffey, Messier, 4 1st overall picks including McDavid that the Oilers have never won a Calder trophy. How amazing would it be to have an unheralded local kid by the one to finally get one? Most site have him with the 5th best odds at the moment. More games like his last couple and he could definitely get into the conversation.

As for the game - what a treat to get to watch 97. There’s never been a player like him. Huge win. Regulation would have been better, but whatever, I’ll take the 2 points.

The officials - how that was not goalie interference? Atrocious non call. And the “icing” before the 3rd Vegas goal? He moved his stick out of the way so the puck wouldn’t hit it. And it still gets capped icing? Crazy.

And how about Foegele? 3 goals in his last 5 games, and could have even more. And looking good aside from the goals too. Hope he can build on these last few games and start earning his salary. I think he’s looked better these last few games that either of Jesse or Yamamoto have all year.

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814274 is a reply to message #814272 ]
Sun, 20 November 2022 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Skinner with the third best save percentage in the league!! Man oh man he’s been awesome for us folks!!

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814296 is a reply to message #814274 ]
Mon, 21 November 2022 08:37 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

That would have been an exciting game to go too. I would have like to have seen a regulation win but take them when you can get them.

Bouchard, man is he struggling with the puck. His bread and butter is handling the puck, creating offense, puck moving and getting shots through and he is struggling. He needs to focus on just getting his shot off quickly because too many are getting blocked.

I though Janmark looked good with the bump up. Buzzing around, got unlucky not to score on a set up. Decent defensively other than a late turnover. Got the puck to McD in good spots. Even some good PK time. Pretty effective game.

Foegele was good again. Got another goal. He's taking advantage of his opportunity.

Nuge was good. I thought he's been quiet for a few games but did well last night.

Nurse was excellent.

I thought Barrie was decent. With Bouchard struggling, thank god they didn't trade him.

Time to send Holloway down. He needs to play.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2022 09:57]

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #19)
Next Topic:GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca