This day on November 29
None

Happy Birthday To: Lew19, Houndtown, aheadby1, rwilford, Lucky Luc 20, onintwo, Gimmetrades

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » New Evander Kane AllegationsPages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 New Evander Kane Allegations [message #790769]
Sat, 31 July 2021 19:49 Go to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-sharks-allegation-kane-bet-on-games-1 .1676165

Wish there was an actual link to the IG stories his soon to be ex-wife put up...only have phone-based screenshots but can't actually upload them. Guess this additional link will do:
https://www.fearthefin.com/2021/7/31/22603839/san-jose-shark s-evander-kane-nhl-investigation-abuse

Had no idea the 500K in debt he racked up in Vegas happened during that 2019 1st round playoff series.

Kinda sucks this is happening since Doug Wilson might actually have an escape route on one of the lucrative bad deals he's handed out.....

Send a private message to this user  

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #790770 is a reply to message #790769 ]
Sat, 31 July 2021 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Sat, 31 July 2021 19:49

Wish there was an actual link to the IG stories his soon to be ex-wife put up...only have phone-based screenshots but can't actually upload them. Guess this additional link will do:
https://www.fearthefin.com/2021/7/31/22603839/san-jose-shark s-evander-kane-nhl-investigation-abuse

Had no idea the 500K in debt he racked up in Vegas happened during that 2019 1st round playoff series.

Kinda sucks this is happening since Doug Wilson might actually have an escape route on one of the lucrative bad deals he's handed out.....

I don't know - how would they justify getting out of it?

Kane isn't going to agree to a termination of the contract...he needs the money.

Pretty crazy allegations. Sounds like he's a total douchebag, but I will wait for more evidence on the betting on Sharks' games piece. At this point, that's just hearsay from someone who does seem to have motives to see him hurt.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #790775 is a reply to message #790770 ]
Sun, 01 August 2021 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 31 July 2021 20:39

Kane isn't going to agree to a termination of the contract...he needs the money.

No, but the NHL might/probably has a clause that would terminate the contract under the circumstances.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #790777 is a reply to message #790775 ]
Sun, 01 August 2021 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Sun, 01 August 2021 00:16

Adam wrote on Sat, 31 July 2021 20:39

No, but the NHL might/probably has a clause that would terminate the contract under the circumstances.

They probably won't jump to that. My guess is a suspension and enrollment in an anti-gambling recovery program.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #790771 is a reply to message #790769 ]
Sat, 31 July 2021 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

He's gonna be a great Canadien or Hurricane!

Kane actually had a really really good season for the Sharks. For whatever reason was loading lots of defensive zone starts (37% offensive zone starts), won has expected and real goal shares 5v5.

Not sure how easy it is for 1 forward to throw a game. But if he was intentionally doing things to be scored on, he built himself a heck of a buffer for good play to end up with a pretty good overall season. I actually dumped Kane in my money pool the second I heard about his crap at the start of this last season, thinking he might have his contract cancelled or sit the season out fighting legal stuff. He pissed me off the entire year which is why I know he had a good season. Thankfully didn't make a dif in the end though icon_wink

[Updated on: Sat, 31 July 2021 22:56]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #790774 is a reply to message #790771 ]
Sat, 31 July 2021 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 31 July 2021 21:52

He's gonna be a great Canadien or Hurricane!

Kane actually had a really really good season for the Sharks. For whatever reason was loading lots of defensive zone starts (37% offensive zone starts), won has expected and real goal shares 5v5.

Not sure how easy it is for 1 forward to throw a game. But if he was intentionally doing things to be scored on, he built himself a heck of a buffer for good play to end up with a pretty good overall season. I actually dumped Kane in my money pool the second I heard about his crap at the start of this last season, thinking he might have his contract cancelled or sit the season out fighting legal stuff. He pissed me off the entire year which is why I know he had a good season. Thankfully didn't make a dif in the end though icon_wink

A friend of mine posited that maybe he's making prop bets on things like whether he has a fight...he'd at least have control on that. Wouldn't have as much ability to control whether his team won or lost individually.

NHL is investigating, as they should, but if I were Kane, I'd be wagering that they're going to come up inconclusive at worst. It would be awfully hard to prove unless his wife has the receipts, and really, it's not in the NHL's best interest to catch him...

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #790773 is a reply to message #790769 ]
Sat, 31 July 2021 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

3 Cups

The allegations are from an aggrieved ex-wife, but the league does need to investigate, and if proven true, he will be expelled from the league. You can't wager on games you are involved in, it's the Pete Rose rule.

This guy seems like a complete dirtbag. Something wrong with all NHLers named Kane.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #791418 is a reply to message #790769 ]
Tue, 24 August 2021 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

This friggin guy

Quote:

San Jose Sharks’ star winger Evander Kane has had multiple off-ice issues this year: He filed for personal bankruptcy, endured the very public and messy ongoing divorce from his wife and the public learned through a report in The Athletic that teammates disliked him so much that they wanted him to be traded. Now, a new concern: A federal bankruptcy judge gave the go-ahead for discovery in a lawsuit filed by Hope Parker, who alleges Kane reneged on a promise to pay her at least $2 million if she aborted their pregnancy

https://theathletic.com/news/judge-rules-sharks-evander-kane -must-face-discovery-in-abortion-for-pay-lawsuit/6eUxPR75fBS Z

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #791420 is a reply to message #791418 ]
Tue, 24 August 2021 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 24 August 2021 21:47

This friggin guy

Quote:

San Jose Sharks’ star winger Evander Kane has had multiple off-ice issues this year: He filed for personal bankruptcy, endured the very public and messy ongoing divorce from his wife and the public learned through a report in The Athletic that teammates disliked him so much that they wanted him to be traded. Now, a new concern: A federal bankruptcy judge gave the go-ahead for discovery in a lawsuit filed by Hope Parker, who alleges Kane reneged on a promise to pay her at least $2 million if she aborted their pregnancy

https://theathletic.com/news/judge-rules-sharks-evander-kane -must-face-discovery-in-abortion-for-pay-lawsuit/6eUxPR75fBS Z

So no Masterton or King Clancy trophies in the near future for him then?

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #791426 is a reply to message #791420 ]
Wed, 25 August 2021 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 24 August 2021 23:22

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 24 August 2021 21:47

This friggin guy

Quote:

So no Masterton or King Clancy trophies in the near future for him then?

Good lord. What a train wreck.

How do you end up having THREE different pregnancies with the same mistress? You'd think you would learn. There's a lot of self-destructive behaviour at play here.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #791433 is a reply to message #791426 ]
Wed, 25 August 2021 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

This guy is just a horrible human being. My god.

Thinking hockey wise. No team would want him. I don't care if he's talented, what dressing room wants this guy in there? So I can't see a trade. I would really hope that the NHL does not allow the Sharks to just get out of the contract because that is a tremendous advantage to them with 7 mill in cap space. Make them buy him out or pay to have him sit.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #791437 is a reply to message #791433 ]
Wed, 25 August 2021 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 25 August 2021 12:38

Thinking hockey wise. No team would want him. I don't care if he's talented, what dressing room wants this guy in there? So I can't see a trade. I would really hope that the NHL does not allow the Sharks to just get out of the contract because that is a tremendous advantage to them with 7 mill in cap space. Make them buy him out or pay to have him sit.

Yep - they signed him knowing that he had issues with money management and personality conflicts. Then they let go the guys who were good at keeping him somewhat in check.

He can't possibly accept any mutual termination of his contract, because of his creditor issues, so the team should be forced to keep him or buy him out.

I do wonder if they bought him out how quickly another team would line up to try to rehabilitate his career. A talented player tends to have a lot of chances...

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #791438 is a reply to message #791437 ]
Wed, 25 August 2021 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 25 August 2021 15:36

Yep - they signed him knowing that he had issues with money management and personality conflicts. Then they let go the guys who were good at keeping him somewhat in check.

He can't possibly accept any mutual termination of his contract, because of his creditor issues, so the team should be forced to keep him or buy him out.

I do wonder if they bought him out how quickly another team would line up to try to rehabilitate his career. A talented player tends to have a lot of chances...

You have to think that after 1-2 years playing overseas if he is able to keep his nose clean publicly then a team like AZ would take a chance on a one year deal. That said, if I am a GM then I'm not touching him even if he does clean up his act for a couple years. You don't want to make the players you want to keep unhappy by bringing in someone with a history like his (and he is the only one with such a public history like this I think).

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #791439 is a reply to message #791438 ]
Wed, 25 August 2021 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Wed, 25 August 2021 14:11

You have to think that after 1-2 years playing overseas if he is able to keep his nose clean publicly then a team like AZ would take a chance on a one year deal. That said, if I am a GM then I'm not touching him even if he does clean up his act for a couple years. You don't want to make the players you want to keep unhappy by bringing in someone with a history like his (and he is the only one with such a public history like this I think).

I don't think it would even take that long. I think there could very well be a team who looks at the opportunity to add a 20-30 goal scorer at a cheap rate and jumps on that. Especially if they have a veteran roster who they think may be able to keep him a little more in line, and that they can use the embarrassment of this to straighten him out.

It becomes a low risk, high potential reward move - especially if you can get him at an amount that can mostly be buried if all goes poorly.

The Habs have seemingly been in on most of the leagues douchebags lately...I put them as the front-runners!

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #791453 is a reply to message #791439 ]
Thu, 26 August 2021 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 25 August 2021 20:01

oilfan94 wrote on Wed, 25 August 2021 14:11

I don't think it would even take that long. I think there could very well be a team who looks at the opportunity to add a 20-30 goal scorer at a cheap rate and jumps on that. Especially if they have a veteran roster who they think may be able to keep him a little more in line, and that they can use the embarrassment of this to straighten him out.

It becomes a low risk, high potential reward move - especially if you can get him at an amount that can mostly be buried if all goes poorly.

The Habs have seemingly been in on most of the leagues douchebags lately...I put them as the front-runners!

Should we start taking bets on who his next NHL team will be?

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #791468 is a reply to message #790769 ]
Thu, 26 August 2021 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

The guy has proven to be a cancer over and over wherever he's been, character this bad can't really change, he's too self-obsessed, whoever the team is that gives him the "Redemption Tour" (and there will be one.. Montreal?), doesn't give a crap about what he's done, just his GPG. Cue the redemption propaganda performances.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #792575 is a reply to message #790769 ]
Tue, 05 October 2021 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

How does he do it!? Keeps finding new ways to get in trouble!

https://frontofficesports.com/latest-evander-kane-probe-cent ers-around-fake-vaccine-card/

Quote:

An investigation of San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane over allegations he violated the NHL’s COVID-19 protocols centers around a fake vaccination card he allegedly submitted, sources tell Front Office Sports.

Punishments for violating COVID protocols are not specifically spelled out, but the NHL makes it clear that a “lack of compliance will result in significant Club and individual sanctions, including potential forfeiture of games, fines and reimbursements of expenses, loss of draft choices, and/or ineligibility for participation in training activities.”

Beyond possible NHL sanctions, using a fake vaccination card is illegal both in the U.S. and Canada.

A person who buys, sells or uses a counterfeit COVID-19 vaccination card faces up to five years in prison under U.S. federal law. A traveler attempting to enter Canada with a bogus vaccination card can be hit with a fine up to $750,000 and be incarcerated up to six months.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #792578 is a reply to message #792575 ]
Tue, 05 October 2021 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 05 October 2021 19:35

https://frontofficesports.com/latest-evander-kane-probe-cent ers-around-fake-vaccine-card/

Quote:

An investigation of San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane over allegations he violated the NHL’s COVID-19 protocols centers around a fake vaccination card he allegedly submitted, sources tell Front Office Sports.

Punishments for violating COVID protocols are not specifically spelled out, but the NHL makes it clear that a “lack of compliance will result in significant Club and individual sanctions, including potential forfeiture of games, fines and reimbursements of expenses, loss of draft choices, and/or ineligibility for participation in training activities.”

Beyond possible NHL sanctions, using a fake vaccination card is illegal both in the U.S. and Canada.

A person who buys, sells or uses a counterfeit COVID-19 vaccination card faces up to five years in prison under U.S. federal law. A traveler attempting to enter Canada with a bogus vaccination card can be hit with a fine up to $750,000 and be incarcerated up to six months.

Oh he's elevating his game now. This could get the Sharks in trouble too.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #792579 is a reply to message #792578 ]
Tue, 05 October 2021 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 05 October 2021 22:17

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 05 October 2021 19:35

Quote:

Oh he's elevating his game now. This could get the Sharks in trouble too.

Preseason so I don't think the Sharks will get penalized. but the writing is on the wall for this guy's career.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #792617 is a reply to message #792579 ]
Wed, 06 October 2021 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Quote:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: NBA players were informed unvaccinated players who breach quarantine in Toronto face criminal offense. Unvaccinated players only able to leave hotel for team activities. Per Canada's Quarantine Act, violations could lead to up to 6 months in prison and/or $750K in fines.

If there's one pro athlete that would end up in jail for this... Sharks in town March 24th. Assuming he's still a Shark or even still in the NHL by then.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #792623 is a reply to message #792617 ]
Thu, 07 October 2021 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 06 October 2021 22:16

Quote:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: NBA players were informed unvaccinated players who breach quarantine in Toronto face criminal offense. Unvaccinated players only able to leave hotel for team activities. Per Canada's Quarantine Act, violations could lead to up to 6 months in prison and/or $750K in fines.

If there's one pro athlete that would end up in jail for this... Sharks in town March 24th. Assuming he's still a Shark or even still in the NHL by then.

The guy seems addicted to self-destructive behaviour. This is ridiculously stupid and reckless, and more than that, it's illegal to forge documents like this or to knowingly use forged documents. If you desperately need your team to continue to pay your ridiculous contract because you have massive, massive gambling debts that need to be serviced, it's probably a bad idea to start committing felonies that could give them grounds to terminate your deal.

I think there's an excellent chance that Kane crashes hard when he leaves hockey. He's lived beyond his means while making millions as a pro athlete, so what is he going to do when that career ends? He's burnt all the bridges, so he's probably not getting a cushy studio job or a coaching role somewhere. I can't see him getting much for endorsements now, never mind when he's not playing. He's going to finish hockey with almost no money to show for it, and faced with having to go find a 9-5 job that he's qualified for, at a tiny fraction of what he once made. Could I see him getting in a trouble post-hockey? Absolutely. And that's assuming he plays out this contract. If this one gets terminated, then he's in real trouble since he'd have no way to ever service all his debt.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #792636 is a reply to message #792623 ]
Thu, 07 October 2021 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 07 October 2021 12:45

Quote:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

The guy seems addicted to self-destructive behaviour. This is ridiculously stupid and reckless, and more than that, it's illegal to forge documents like this or to knowingly use forged documents. If you desperately need your team to continue to pay your ridiculous contract because you have massive, massive gambling debts that need to be serviced, it's probably a bad idea to start committing felonies that could give them grounds to terminate your deal.

I think there's an excellent chance that Kane crashes hard when he leaves hockey. He's lived beyond his means while making millions as a pro athlete, so what is he going to do when that career ends? He's burnt all the bridges, so he's probably not getting a cushy studio job or a coaching role somewhere. I can't see him getting much for endorsements now, never mind when he's not playing. He's going to finish hockey with almost no money to show for it, and faced with having to go find a 9-5 job that he's qualified for, at a tiny fraction of what he once made. Could I see him getting in a trouble post-hockey? Absolutely. And that's assuming he plays out this contract. If this one gets terminated, then he's in real trouble since he'd have no way to ever service all his debt.

Saw that interview with him I think it was on SportsNet and he alluded to racism being at work here. Sorry - but you're just a clown.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #792696 is a reply to message #792617 ]
Fri, 08 October 2021 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Quote:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Canadas quarantine act will instill fear for sure. Has Canada put anyone in jail over covid travel quarantine violations? My guess is a couple or three hundred fines, some stern warnings and a bunch of misses.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793120 is a reply to message #792696 ]
Mon, 18 October 2021 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kane banned for 21 games…. Dude falsified documents putting peoples health at risk and all he gets is a quarter season?

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793121 is a reply to message #793120 ]
Mon, 18 October 2021 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 18 October 2021 15:57

Kane banned for 21 games…. Dude falsified documents putting peoples health at risk and all he gets is a quarter season?

Equates to a 1.5 million dollar fine. For somebody we know has financial troubles, that’s a pretty strong corrective measure.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793122 is a reply to message #793121 ]
Mon, 18 October 2021 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

All kinds of allegations about physical and sexual abuse with his wife. I don't know if they are 100% true but you'd like to think that his wife wouldn't just accuse her husband of stuff that serious unless there was something to them.

All kinds of accusations about him gambling on the NHL. They couldn't find evidence to incriminate him but again, when something as serious as that comes out, you have to wonder if there was some truth to it, they just couldn't find any evidence. So he probably did a great job of covering his tracks.

Now he lies about Covid.

What a GEM E. Kane is.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2021 16:30]

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793126 is a reply to message #793122 ]
Mon, 18 October 2021 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 18 October 2021 15:24

All kinds of allegations about physical and sexual abuse with his wife. I don't know if they are 100% true but you'd like to think that his wife wouldn't just accuse her husband of stuff that serious unless there was something to them.

All kinds of accusations about him gambling on the NHL. They couldn't find evidence to incriminate him but again, when something as serious as that comes out, you have to wonder if there was some truth to it, they just couldn't find any evidence. So he probably did a great job of covering his tracks.

Now he lies about Covid.

What a GEM E. Kane is.

Hey they fired a ref for saying he was doing a make up call.. the reason being it cast a suspicious shadow on the NHL as an honest league .. you'd think gambling on games you're playing in would be like a thousand times worse.. but.. maybe not.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793133 is a reply to message #793126 ]
Tue, 19 October 2021 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 18 October 2021 18:49

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 18 October 2021 15:24

Now he lies about Covid.

What a GEM E. Kane is.

Hey they fired a ref for saying he was doing a make up call.. the reason being it cast a suspicious shadow on the NHL as an honest league .. you'd think gambling on games you're playing in would be like a thousand times worse.. but.. maybe not.

The NHL had the ref on recording talking about make up calls. Pretty hard to argue that if you are the ref. If you don't have definitive evidence against Kane then you as a league can't really do anything.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793153 is a reply to message #793122 ]
Tue, 19 October 2021 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

Important to point out that the gambling accusations came from the same source as the physical & sexual assault allegations ... his (ex-)wife, and the two of them happen to be in the middle of a very messy divorce. That is not a reason to discount or disbelieve the accusations and allegations - but it is a reason to say that if authorities could not confirm or substantiate either set of allegations, then we probably should not crucify him in the court of public opinion on those particular charges. Fortunately, Kane gives us PLENTY of other reasons to crucify him in the court of public opinion, most recently the Covid fraud front.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793154 is a reply to message #793153 ]
Tue, 19 October 2021 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

AndersonRules wrote on Tue, 19 October 2021 15:03

Important to point out that the gambling accusations came from the same source as the physical & sexual assault allegations ... his (ex-)wife, and the two of them happen to be in the middle of a very messy divorce. That is not a reason to discount or disbelieve the accusations and allegations - but it is a reason to say that if authorities could not confirm or substantiate either set of allegations, then we probably should not crucify him in the court of public opinion on those particular charges. Fortunately, Kane gives us PLENTY of other reasons to crucify him in the court of public opinion, most recently the Covid fraud front.

Agreed he shouldn’t be convicted without proof, but there is some truth to the idea that people who make poor decisions often make other poor decisions.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793155 is a reply to message #793154 ]
Tue, 19 October 2021 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 19 October 2021 16:03

Agreed he shouldn’t be convicted without proof, but there is some truth to the idea that people who make poor decisions often make other poor decisions.

I mean, there's not legal truth to that, but if you're willing to paint with broad brush strokes like that I think you'll find a lot of support from the places you least expect it.

This is fine.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793212 is a reply to message #793154 ]
Wed, 20 October 2021 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 19 October 2021 16:03

Fair enough. See exhibit A, Justin Trudeau; and Exhibit B, Jason Kenney.
That said, it is still no reason to publicly condemn and pile upon someone when the allegations have been investigated and authorities have been unable to substantiate them. I'm honestly concerned about the contemporary person's increasing tendency to willingly buy into unsubstantiated theories/accusations (e.g., Covid vaccine will kill you; border patrols are whipping migrants with their horse reins; E. Kane beat his wife) that fit with their pre-existing narrative. Whatever happened to waiting to see where the evidence leads and where the truth actually lands?

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793228 is a reply to message #793212 ]
Wed, 20 October 2021 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

AndersonRules wrote on Wed, 20 October 2021 05:33

That said, it is still no reason to publicly condemn and pile upon someone when the allegations have been investigated and authorities have been unable to substantiate them. I'm honestly concerned about the contemporary person's increasing tendency to willingly buy into unsubstantiated theories/accusations (e.g., Covid vaccine will kill you; border patrols are whipping migrants with their horse reins; E. Kane beat his wife) that fit with their pre-existing narrative. Whatever happened to waiting to see where the evidence leads and where the truth actually lands?

I agree that due process is always necessary and we definitely are quick to believe the accuser in these situations.

That said, to add to CrudeRemarks, what do we actually know about Evander Kane.

1) We know he submitted a falsified vaccine card, and has apologized through the NHLPA for that.

2) We know his Sharks team wants nothing to do with him, their leading scorer last year. We know his Winnipeg team also wanted nothing to do with him before entering his prime.

3) We know he’s filed for bankruptcy in 2021.

4) We know of multiple lawsuits against him and allegations. In 2019 for walking out on a LV Casino for gambling debt. In 2016 for assault of a woman in his hotel room. We know there are a couple police reports in Buffalo alleging fights at clubs and more assault on women. Maybe none of these things are true.

Knowing all that and ignoring this thing with his estranged wife, I feel pretty comfortable judging that Evander Kane is at least a douche, perhaps a lot worse.

Clean house or bust

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793233 is a reply to message #793228 ]
Wed, 20 October 2021 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 20 October 2021 15:44

I agree that due process is always necessary and we definitely are quick to believe the accuser in these situations.

1) We know he submitted a falsified vaccine card, and has apologized through the NHLPA for that.

2) We know his Sharks team wants nothing to do with him, their leading scorer last year. We know his Winnipeg team also wanted nothing to do with him before entering his prime.

4) We know of multiple lawsuits against him and allegations. In 2019 for walking out on a LV Casino for gambling debt. In 2016 for assault of a woman in his hotel room. We know there are a couple police reports in Buffalo alleging fights at clubs and more assault on women. Maybe none of these things are true.

Knowing all that and ignoring this thing with his estranged wife, I feel pretty comfortable judging that Evander Kane is at least a douche, perhaps a lot worse.

Would like to file 2 more pieces of evidence in the case that Kane is a d-bag

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/0tD1Y2RawF.C0hXFLJwJNg--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTY0MDtoPTUxNA--/https://s.yimg.com/os/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/KANENENEfdsfafs.jpg

https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/evander-kane-money.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=720

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793239 is a reply to message #793228 ]
Thu, 21 October 2021 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Oh, 100% agreed. I have no interest or inclination to defend Evander Kane as a decent human being. There is plenty of strong evidence (including Kr55's two pics) that Kane is a douche and a horrible human person. So yes, setting aside any allegations from his estranged wife, dude is a jerk and certainly not someone I would want my daughters ever hanging around. My point was not to defend him as a person, nor even to exonerate him of the allegations from his estranged wife. Rather, I want to be judging him based on established and corroborated evidence.

I'm very concerned with the tendency (which I see in myself as well as in others) to combine (a) my pre-existing sentiments toward person X or position Y, with (b) unsubstantiated allegations against person X or representative of position Y, in order to (c) jump to the conclusion that the unsubstantiated allegation must be true. We all need to be willing and able to take a step back, refuse to jump to conclusions on the particular allegation at hand, and allow the evidence to come in (or not come in), and form our conclusion based on the evidence.

So yes, I think Evander Kane is a schmuck, a sinful horrible human person (though hopefully not beyond redemption), and I think there is plenty of evidence to back that up. I'm just not willing to use recent unsubstantiated allegations as a part of the evidence used to indict him.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793243 is a reply to message #793239 ]
Thu, 21 October 2021 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

AndersonRules wrote on Thu, 21 October 2021 08:26

Oh, 100% agreed. I have no interest or inclination to defend Evander Kane as a decent human being. There is plenty of strong evidence (including Kr55's two pics) that Kane is a douche and a horrible human person. So yes, setting aside any allegations from his estranged wife, dude is a jerk and certainly not someone I would want my daughters ever hanging around. My point was not to defend him as a person, nor even to exonerate him of the allegations from his estranged wife. Rather, I want to be judging him based on established and corroborated evidence.

I'm very concerned with the tendency (which I see in myself as well as in others) to combine (a) my pre-existing sentiments toward person X or position Y, with (b) unsubstantiated allegations against person X or representative of position Y, in order to (c) jump to the conclusion that the unsubstantiated allegation must be true. We all need to be willing and able to take a step back, refuse to jump to conclusions on the particular allegation at hand, and allow the evidence to come in (or not come in), and form our conclusion based on the evidence.

So yes, I think Evander Kane is a schmuck, a sinful horrible human person (though hopefully not beyond redemption), and I think there is plenty of evidence to back that up. I'm just not willing to use recent unsubstantiated allegations as a part of the evidence used to indict him.

Agreed here. and also be willing to reevaluate someone if further evidence comes to light. Maybe he was sending his gambling winnings to support orphans or something. we don't know for sure.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793247 is a reply to message #793243 ]
Thu, 21 October 2021 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 21 October 2021 10:59

AndersonRules wrote on Thu, 21 October 2021 08:26

Agreed here. and also be willing to reevaluate someone if further evidence comes to light. Maybe he was sending his gambling winnings to support orphans or something. we don't know for sure.

Except that the winnings seem to have been outpaced by the losses... resulting in his bankruptcy.

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #795187 is a reply to message #792617 ]
Sun, 28 November 2021 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

Kane is going on waivers. If unclaimed, the Sharks intend to send him to the AHL.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/report-sharks-will-plac e-forward-evander-kane-on-waivers-sunday/

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #795189 is a reply to message #795187 ]
Sun, 28 November 2021 15:59 Go to previous message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sun, 28 November 2021 15:16

Kane is going on waivers. If unclaimed, the Sharks intend to send him to the AHL.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/report-sharks-will-plac e-forward-evander-kane-on-waivers-sunday/

A wonderful troll job here

https://twitter.com/NotThrashers/status/1465033568787259395? s=20

Atlanta Thrashers @NotThrashers
Thrashers claim forward Evander Kane off waivers.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: New Evander Kane Allegations [message #793156 is a reply to message #790769 ]
Tue, 19 October 2021 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Now to figure out the right timing to add this guy in my $ pool :)

Had the best season of his career last season with all the debts piled up and his career in jeopardy. Maybe the more trouble he's in, the better he plays. This year he might score at a 50 goal pace!

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Next Topic:NHL 2021-22 Season GDT...
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca