2.T. Jurco 0 / 0%
3.M. Granlund 9 / 21%
4.M. Benning 0 / 0%
5.A. Chiasson 5 / 12%
6.Patty Russell 0 / 0%
7.G. Haas 0 / 0%
8.R. Sheahan 4 / 9%
9.J. Archibald 0 / 0%

Who's disappointed you the most so far this year?
For me, its Khaira, I had higher expectations, just looks likes he's disinterested out there. 3 years ago I figured for sure he'd be better the next year.. that he's on a progression curve.. 20 goals!... and since then there have been 3 "next years" and now, to me he looks even worse relative to the rest of league.
I also figured Granlund would have a pulse out there, he looks incapable of surviving through 3rd or 4th line minutes.
I also thought Jurco would be more effective, especially with his success in exhibition games.
Chiasson I didn't expect much, was hoping they'd find someone better to sign, he's got the slow boots, having him on a line with Nuge is a handicap, there is only one guy on the line that can carry a puck, and that's Nuge, Neal has the shot and finish, Chiasson? Nuge needs another guy that can carry the puck effectively, maybe Nygaard when he gets back.
Archibald had 12 goals last year, he doesn't look like he's coming close to scoring so far.. he's been an underachiever as well.. same as Sheahan.

But.. JJ got my vote. the stats guys say he's got only 2 scoring chances so far after 12 games, thats Tobias-like.. and you know where he's wound up..

[Updated on: Tue, 29 October 2019 00:17]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745811 is a reply to message #745805 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

1 Cup

The whole bottom 6 including popcorn alley.

But I agree with you. Granlund and JJ stand out from the rest, but for me it’s new addition that’s worse. The game just dies on his stick.

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745814 is a reply to message #745805 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Khiara definitely carried on his trend down from last year. The dream of of the "Jujhar Hockey" trademark being worth anything is completely dead now :(

Gave my vote to Granlund though. He is going to be Rieder 2.0 from the looks of it. Dude is invisible. Coming off 3 straight years of pro-rated 10+ goals (20+ 3 seasons ago), he is gonna come in here and end up with like 0 goals and 5 assists in 80 games for us from the looks of it.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745829 is a reply to message #745805 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Granlund. Wasn't even close for me. Hasn't shown much at all.

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745830 is a reply to message #745829 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

Khaira for me and it's not close.

There is always a risk when you bring in a new player. They are moving to a new City, new teammates, new organization, new coaches, etc. So there could be an adjustment period for them. Plus sometimes, guys just don't fit. Khaira really doesn't have a lot of excuses. Year after year he comes in with expectation that he take a step to become a full time effective NHLer and year after year he falls flat on his face. Year after year he's plagued by inconsistent play, lack of effort and an inability to find a role. It doesn't matter who he plays with, what line he's on or what role he's asked to do, same result.

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745832 is a reply to message #745830 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

I agree Khaira has been bad too but just watching what I have Granlund has been almost a non factor. I really liked what I saw last season from Currie as far bringing some energy and hard work, Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of him in that bottom six

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745846 is a reply to message #745832 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

overdue wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 12:02

I agree Khaira has been bad too but just watching what I have Granlund has been almost a non factor. I really liked what I saw last season from Currie as far bringing some energy and hard work, Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of him in that bottom six

You know it hasn't been good when we are debating who's been worse. icon_lol

I just want to see some hunger and energy from the bottom 6 guys. Is that not part of their job description for a bottom 6 player? It's of course important that the bottom 6 chip in the odd goal but these guys aren't being paid to score a lot of goals. The reason why they are in the bottom 6 is because they don't score enough to be in the top 6. So when you aren't scoring, do something else. The argument can be made that the only thing Khaira and Granlund has done is provide a few guys time to catch their breath.

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745855 is a reply to message #745832 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

overdue wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 11:02

Agree, Granlund hasn't been worth the hockey tape he uses for his socks, but I was expecting less from him than JJK.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745834 is a reply to message #745805 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

1 Cup

Anyone who was expecting much from the bottom guys probably had the Oil filtered glasses on. These guys are all pluggers. Sure a few more goals out of that group would be great, but it's really not a huge shocker either.

For me it's Mr. 20 goal man A Chiasson. Time to wake up Alex.

I make music.
https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/undermaker442/inexplicable

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745840 is a reply to message #745834 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

5 Cups

There should be a "None of the Above" option, because I wasn't expecting much from any of those plugs. Hard to be disappointed when your expectations are lower than most dinosaur fossils. We all knew that this group was going to be deficient going into the season.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745849 is a reply to message #745840 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 14:42

There should be a "None of the Above" option, because I wasn't expecting much from any of those plugs. Hard to be disappointed when your expectations are lower than most dinosaur fossils. We all knew that this group was going to be deficient going into the season.

Same here. These players are performing to expectations.

And with Granlund, sure he's underperforming but you have to remember the trade was really Lucic and a 3rd for Neal and Granlund so it's still a win.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Biggest Disappoint (12 games) [message #745858 is a reply to message #745834 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 17:57 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

jds308 wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 11:42

Anyone who was expecting much from the bottom guys probably had the Oil filtered glasses on. These guys are all pluggers. Sure a few more goals out of that group would be great, but it's really not a huge shocker either.

For me it's Mr. 20 goal man A Chiasson. Time to wake up Alex.

I knew he'd bomb, doesn't have the speed to be useful either up or down the lines.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #13)
Next Topic:Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #12)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca