F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers roster moves for 19-20 seasonPages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737408]
Thu, 09 May 2019 10:14 Go to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

With Holland being the new POHO and GM, he mentioned he will be making changes. He didn't sign, draft or traded for any of the players so he has zero allegiance to any of them. In his presser, he mentioned he wants to increase the teams speed and skill. He also mentioned that you still need a little bit of jam in the line up, especially in the playoffs but ideally those guys can skate. He also mentioned that you need cheap guys in your line up that can contribute and give you 10 goals. He mentioned wanting guys that are consistent, compete and want to play for the logo.

Given Holland's statements on what he wants for his team, I see these guys being on the team:

- McDavid, Leon - Obviously.
- Nurse, Klefbom - Both dmen can skate and move the puck. Either passing or rushing. Nurse brings the jam he likes.
- Nuge - I'd be surprised if he is moved just because he can skate, is skilled and can do lots of things.
- Kassian - He's a big guy with jam who can skate and is capable of 10+ goals.
- Jones - Dman that can skate, move the puck, has skill and can bring some offense. Plus he is cheap.

I think if Gambardella shows well for Holland, I can see him making the team. He's a cheap guy, who seems to play hard, can skate, likes to get in hard on the forecheck and has a little jam in his game even though he's not big. Plus he has produced in the AHL.

Bubble guys. I see a few of these guys being around but not all of them:
- Larsson - I would be surprised if he is moved being that he is one of the few right handed guys they have. He typically gives you a relatively consistent effort. Hard nosed, team guy. Not a big contract. Holland loves his Swedes. But he doesn't skate well, doesn't move the puck that great and doesn't bring a lot of offense.
- Khaira is a big guy that can skate, has shown some skill and has jam in his game. He has all the makings of a good bottom 6 guy. His problem, he is very inconsistent and is there enough offense. He will be cheap.
- Cave is a decent sized, good skating, 4th line center, who seemed to play hard and who can win you some faceoffs. He is cheap. Not sure he has enough offense.
- Chiasson had 22 goals, hard to ignore that. He was dirt cheap this year but what will his contract be like. A good vet. Not the greatest skater, best suited for the bottom 6. Probably a guy you can count on for 10+ goals. His contract number will dictate.
- Gagner is a great team mate and a good vet.. A guy probably capable of contributing in the bottom 6 and give you that 10+ goals he says you need. Doesn't skate well and is expensive.
- Puljujarvi - Young player that was rushed. Probably should have spent 2+ years in the AHL. Big, skates like the wind, has tons of skill. A guy that should be a lock to be with the Oilers and at worse a good 3rd liner. But can he actually play?

Guys who don't fit what he is looking for. Ideally, they are all gone. In reality, only a few of the bigger ticket guys will be because they make too much money and can't be traded.
- Lucic - Makes way too much money for what he brings. Not the greatest skater, doesn't play for the logo as he would rather be somewhere else.
- Benning- Isn't a good skater, doesn't bring a lot of offense and is a mediocre puck mover. If he was left handed, probably wouldn't get any love at all. He's inconsistent but was better in the last few months.
- Russell - Good skater but doesn't move the puck well or bring much offense. Expensive for what he brings.
- Rattie - Not that good of a skater which for a smaller guy isn't a good thing. Very inconsistent, doesn't bring it a lot of nights, doesn't compete.
- Rieder - He skates really well. That's it. Doesn't bring it, doesn't go to the hard areas, doesn't compete.
- Brodziak - Vet guy, not that expensive but he is declining, doesn't skate well and a guy you could replace with someone younger, cheaper and faster.
- Sekera - Moves the puck decent but doesn't skate well and after 2 major leg injuries, I would think he's even a bit slower. Best suited for the 3rd pair in my opinion. I don't see the offense being there anymore and very expensive for what he will bring.
- Gravel - Is a 6/7 dman. Doesn't skate that well, doesn't move the puck that well, doesn't bring much offense. He will be cheap but easily replaced.
- Petrovic - Doesn't skate well or move the puck well.

What sort of roster moves do people think he will make?

[Updated on: Thu, 09 May 2019 10:22]

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737417 is a reply to message #737408 ]
Thu, 09 May 2019 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

3 Cups

Does this belong in speculation?

Survivor 52 CHAMP

#MUSTWIN

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737427 is a reply to message #737417 ]
Thu, 09 May 2019 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 09 May 2019 11:21

Does this belong in speculation?

Potential to be a good thread, but yes definitely in speculation.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737430 is a reply to message #737408 ]
Thu, 09 May 2019 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 May 2019 10:14

With Holland being the new POHO and GM, he mentioned he will be making changes. He didn't sign, draft or traded for any of the players so he has zero allegiance to any of them. In his presser, he mentioned he wants to increase the teams speed and skill. He also mentioned that you still need a little bit of jam in the line up, especially in the playoffs but ideally those guys can skate. He also mentioned that you need cheap guys in your line up that can contribute and give you 10 goals. He mentioned wanting guys that are consistent, compete and want to play for the logo.

Given Holland's statements on what he wants for his team, I see these guys being on the team:

- Nurse, Klefbom - Both dmen can skate and move the puck. Either passing or rushing. Nurse brings the jam he likes.
- Nuge - I'd be surprised if he is moved just because he can skate, is skilled and can do lots of things.
- Jones - Dman that can skate, move the puck, has skill and can bring some offense. Plus he is cheap.

I think if Gambardella shows well for Holland, I can see him making the team. He's a cheap guy, who seems to play hard, can skate, likes to get in hard on the forecheck and has a little jam in his game even though he's not big. Plus he has produced in the AHL.

- Larsson - I would be surprised if he is moved being that he is one of the few right handed guys they have. He typically gives you a relatively consistent effort. Hard nosed, team guy. Not a big contract. Holland loves his Swedes. But he doesn't skate well, doesn't move the puck that great and doesn't bring a lot of offense.
- Khaira is a big guy that can skate, has shown some skill and has jam in his game. He has all the makings of a good bottom 6 guy. His problem, he is very inconsistent and is there enough offense. He will be cheap.
- Cave is a decent sized, good skating, 4th line center, who seemed to play hard and who can win you some faceoffs. He is cheap. Not sure he has enough offense.
- Chiasson had 22 goals, hard to ignore that. He was dirt cheap this year but what will his contract be like. A good vet. Not the greatest skater, best suited for the bottom 6. Probably a guy you can count on for 10+ goals. His contract number will dictate.
- Gagner is a great team mate and a good vet.. A guy probably capable of contributing in the bottom 6 and give you that 10+ goals he says you need. Doesn't skate well and is expensive.
- Puljujarvi - Young player that was rushed. Probably should have spent 2+ years in the AHL. Big, skates like the wind, has tons of skill. A guy that should be a lock to be with the Oilers and at worse a good 3rd liner. But can he actually play?

Guys who don't fit what he is looking for. Ideally, they are all gone. In reality, only a few of the bigger ticket guys will be because they make too much money and can't be traded.
- Lucic - Makes way too much money for what he brings. Not the greatest skater, doesn't play for the logo as he would rather be somewhere else.
- Benning- Isn't a good skater, doesn't bring a lot of offense and is a mediocre puck mover. If he was left handed, probably wouldn't get any love at all. He's inconsistent but was better in the last few months.
- Russell - Good skater but doesn't move the puck well or bring much offense. Expensive for what he brings.
- Rattie - Not that good of a skater which for a smaller guy isn't a good thing. Very inconsistent, doesn't bring it a lot of nights, doesn't compete.
- Rieder - He skates really well. That's it. Doesn't bring it, doesn't go to the hard areas, doesn't compete.
- Brodziak - Vet guy, not that expensive but he is declining, doesn't skate well and a guy you could replace with someone younger, cheaper and faster.
- Sekera - Moves the puck decent but doesn't skate well and after 2 major leg injuries, I would think he's even a bit slower. Best suited for the 3rd pair in my opinion. I don't see the offense being there anymore and very expensive for what he will bring.
- Gravel - Is a 6/7 dman. Doesn't skate that well, doesn't move the puck that well, doesn't bring much offense. He will be cheap but easily replaced.

I could see them wanting to change out all of the players on you're bottom list for an upgrade but he will be limited somewhat by contracts and sheer numbers. I imagine he will take a hard look at the Condors for possibly a few players from there for next season. Will be interesting to see how he handles it all. He also talked about bringing in another goalie. As to being in speculation, it's all speculation now isn't it?

[Updated on: Thu, 09 May 2019 20:45]

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737435 is a reply to message #737430 ]
Fri, 10 May 2019 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

overdue wrote on Thu, 09 May 2019 20:44

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 May 2019 10:14

I could see them wanting to change out all of the players on you're bottom list for an upgrade but he will be limited somewhat by contracts and sheer numbers. I imagine he will take a hard look at the Condors for possibly a few players from there for next season. Will be interesting to see how he handles it all. He also talked about bringing in another goalie. As to being in speculation, it's all speculation now isn't it?

I am curious to know how many players could have been moved but weren't because they were Chia's guys. Even when it's obvious to everyone else that he was wrong, no GM wants to admit he was wrong. I can't remember who said it but I heard on one of the sports shows from Edmonton, the Oilers could have traded Lucic but they wanted too much. What that means and if that is true, I don't know but I think they can trade some of the guys like a Lucic and a Russell, especially Russell. You won't get much in the trade and if you were the GM who signed them and you make a trade for almost nothing, it makes you look even worse but it can be done. For a Russell trade, I am not sure the Oilers would even have to retain anything because I think he has some value. He can skate which is important in the NHL now for defense, he's not that old at 32, so he has some decent hockey left. He blocks a ton of shots and sells out his body which rightly or wrongly, that is still valued by teams and he is a guy that has some versatility with being able to play both sides. He's better on the left but he can play on the right and do alright. Ideally he's in your 3rd pair but he can be a guy that can elevate and do OK for stretches. So I think there is teams that would take him. If they did have to retain 500-1 mill and they got back a 4th rounder, for the GM that signed him, that sucks and looks brutal. But for Holland, who cares, he didn't sign him. For the Oilers, if they were able to free up 3-4 mill. That's an entire 4th line paid for by 1 move.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737563 is a reply to message #737435 ]
Tue, 14 May 2019 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

I keep reading from some media guys especially some of the stats guys how Sekera looked good in a 3rd pairing role and the numbers backed it up plus he's apparently looking good at the Worlds. Because of that, they are saying the Oilers should keep him for another year.

Sekera is turning 33 and after 2 major leg injuries, there was a fear that his days as being effective in the NHL were over. So far it looks like he can still play, for sure as a really good 3rd pairing guy. If he has a strong worlds, maybe there is an outside chance at being a #4. So if that is the case, wouldn't it make sense for the Oilers to use that and maybe be able to move him? He's a left shot, the Oilers have 2 pretty good left shot, top 4 dman in Nurse and Klefbom. If you could trade him for anything and you don't have to retain to do it because it looks like he's actually useful, why wouldn't you want to free up 5.5 mill off the books.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737566 is a reply to message #737563 ]
Tue, 14 May 2019 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 14 May 2019 08:33

I keep reading from some media guys especially some of the stats guys how Sekera looked good in a 3rd pairing role and the numbers backed it up plus he's apparently looking good at the Worlds. Because of that, they are saying the Oilers should keep him for another year.

Sekera is turning 33 and after 2 major leg injuries, there was a fear that his days as being effective in the NHL were over. So far it looks like he can still play, for sure as a really good 3rd pairing guy. If he has a strong worlds, maybe there is an outside chance at being a #4. So if that is the case, wouldn't it make sense for the Oilers to use that and maybe be able to move him? He's a left shot, the Oilers have 2 pretty good left shot, top 4 dman in Nurse and Klefbom. If you could trade him for anything and you don't have to retain to do it because it looks like he's actually useful, why wouldn't you want to free up 5.5 mill off the books.

I'm of the opinion that the Oilers are not in a position to move a decent NHL dman for anything. Move a prospect maybe. The team's D was awful most of last year (coincidentally when Sekera was out).

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737568 is a reply to message #737566 ]
Tue, 14 May 2019 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 14 May 2019 10:02

I'm of the opinion that the Oilers are not in a position to move a decent NHL dman for anything. Move a prospect maybe. The team's D was awful most of last year (coincidentally when Sekera was out).

I'd still trade Russell.

This is fine.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737570 is a reply to message #737568 ]
Tue, 14 May 2019 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 14 May 2019 10:11

I'd still trade Russell.

If they could, I would trade both Russell and Sekera. Typically guys start to decline after 30 and if you could get rid of 9.5 mill off the books, that would be huge. I would Klefbom and Nurse as their top 2, left shots and if they are doing their job, they are adding a right shot capable of playing a top 4 role. So that automatically drops down Sekera and Russell to the 3rd pair.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737573 is a reply to message #737570 ]
Tue, 14 May 2019 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 14 May 2019 10:30

I'd still trade Russell.

If they could, I would trade both Russell and Sekera. Typically guys start to decline after 30 and if you could get rid of 9.5 mill off the books, that would be huge. I would Klefbom and Nurse as their top 2, left shots and if they are doing their job, they are adding a right shot capable of playing a top 4 role. So that automatically drops down Sekera and Russell to the 3rd pair.

The fix isnt going to be quick so I think the team needs to;
- keep players that are filling a role until they have an ability to replace them with a better one
- move bad deals first (lucic), then work on players overpaid for the role the fill (Kassian, Russell, Sekera, Koskinen)
- keep upgrading bottom 6 forwards and all the D at every opportunity at the right cap hit

This will likely mean;
- taking a big loss on any deal to move Lucic
- keeping players who are overpaid at the spot they are playing in like Sekera
- replacing those with scrap heap FA's until young guys like Bouchard are ready to play full time.

Under no circumstances should any player eligible for junior or the minors be playing on the team until they are at least competitive.

As far as the L/R mix on D. Until the team has an adequate group back there I I think they should just keep the 6 that play the best in the spot they are slotted in until the gradual increases can happen with moves or promotions of young guys.

Once the team is at least decent you can worry about the exact mix of handedness

This will likely mean taking a loss on trades to move

Survivor LXI Champion

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 23 October 2019 08:54

Your winner and nnnneeeeeeeewwwwwwwww champion...

PlusOne (Bos)

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737577 is a reply to message #737568 ]
Tue, 14 May 2019 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

I'd still trade Russell.

Well, you've just unmasked yourself as Not Ryan Rishaug...the Edmonton Sports Media's favourite Himbo apparently said this morning that he'd definitely prefer to keep Russell over Sekera... doh

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737582 is a reply to message #737577 ]
Tue, 14 May 2019 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

1 Cup

A few random thoughts on possible roster moves:

1.Since Holland supposedly has unlimited authority to fire and hire all hockey positions, I would like to see him come up with an organizational chart that makes sense and lets all those involved know where they fit in. For instance, Kevin Lowe supposedly has nothing to do with hockey operations, but he still clearly has major influence. Guys like Paul Coffey, Duane Sutter and others seem to have no defined role in hockey operations, so either give them meaningful roles or set them free.

2. I have seen conflicting reports, but Keith Gretzky seems to have done a good job, or at least made a significant contribution - to re-stocking the farm system. while he must obviously be disappointed not to have been named General Manager, I think he can still be an asset to the organization.

3. Take a serious look at the assistant coaches. For example, the Oilers goaltending has been stagnant for years, and they still have to rely on an inconsistent Koskinen to carry a heavy part of the load, and for the next three seasons. Meanwhile, Broissoit is providing the Jets with reliable back up goaltending. I know goalies are, as RD says, voodoo, but goaltending is vital. So are specialty teams, I don't know how much blame the assistant coaches should take for PP and PK, but the Oilers have the players that can do better.

4. I think I have given up on the idea of Draisaitl being a centre. He is a natural fit with McDavid. I think the other wing on McDavid's side will be subject to change every few games, but when a guy like Kassian can help the line at least for a few games at a time, I don't think the Oilers are going to find just one player to take a permanent spot on the first line.

5. I'm not in favour of any major changes on defense, mostly because there isn't much leeway in the salary cap, and also I believe the Oilers do have a number of up-and-comers in the system. I do like Nicholson's idea of letting the prospects over-ripen in Bakersfield, and I'm sure Holland is a believer in giving them time to develop in the minors. Despite what Craig Button thinks, Evan Bouchard is close and will be good. So is Jones. Bear is still a guy I'm hoping makes it, but he seems to have moved sideways or maybe even back this season, and he is having injury issues.

6. I'm not in favour of any buyouts or the Oilers paying salary on players they trade away. The organization is already paying too many people to do nothing or work for another team.

7. Matt Benning is still a guy I will stick up for, as long as he can stick to that third pairing D, which sometimes isn't possible due to injuries, for example. He is overpaid for a third pairing guy, but from my limited understanding of advanced statistics, he does make a positive contribution to the team.

8. It's going to take a while for Holland to get the Oilers out of this mess, but I think he has the assets work with. Unfortunately, Milan Lucic is not one of them, and his contract is costly in ways that have been descibed in multiple threads here. Any chance Lucic can go on LTIR? I don't wish harm to come to the guy, but maybe if he was not healthy enough to play hockey but able to run up and down the steps at Commonwealth Stadium, or developed an allergy to Zambonis or something.

9. Head coach. Hitchcock will be working in some capacity for the next two seasons, but his fine career in coaching is over. Like the General Manger, the new coach will have to be a strong personality that the OBC won't interfere with. I've heard rumblings that Ralph Krueger is on Buffalo's list of possible coaches, so maybe he would reconsider having his name up for consideration here. Todd Nelson? I hope he gets serious consideration, too.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737583 is a reply to message #737582 ]
Tue, 14 May 2019 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 14 May 2019 12:57

1.Since Holland supposedly has unlimited authority to fire and hire all hockey positions, I would like to see him come up with an organizational chart that makes sense and lets all those involved know where they fit in. For instance, Kevin Lowe supposedly has nothing to do with hockey operations, but he still clearly has major influence. Guys like Paul Coffey, Duane Sutter and others seem to have no defined role in hockey operations, so either give them meaningful roles or set them free.

2. I have seen conflicting reports, but Keith Gretzky seems to have done a good job, or at least made a significant contribution - to re-stocking the farm system. while he must obviously be disappointed not to have been named General Manager, I think he can still be an asset to the organization.

3. Take a serious look at the assistant coaches. For example, the Oilers goaltending has been stagnant for years, and they still have to rely on an inconsistent Koskinen to carry a heavy part of the load, and for the next three seasons. Meanwhile, Broissoit is providing the Jets with reliable back up goaltending. I know goalies are, as RD says, voodoo, but goaltending is vital. So are specialty teams, I don't know how much blame the assistant coaches should take for PP and PK, but the Oilers have the players that can do better.

4. I think I have given up on the idea of Draisaitl being a centre. He is a natural fit with McDavid. I think the other wing on McDavid's side will be subject to change every few games, but when a guy like Kassian can help the line at least for a few games at a time, I don't think the Oilers are going to find just one player to take a permanent spot on the first line.

5. I'm not in favour of any major changes on defense, mostly because there isn't much leeway in the salary cap, and also I believe the Oilers do have a number of up-and-comers in the system. I do like Nicholson's idea of letting the prospects over-ripen in Bakersfield, and I'm sure Holland is a believer in giving them time to develop in the minors. Despite what Craig Button thinks, Evan Bouchard is close and will be good. So is Jones. Bear is still a guy I'm hoping makes it, but he seems to have moved sideways or maybe even back this season, and he is having injury issues.

6. I'm not in favour of any buyouts or the Oilers paying salary on players they trade away. The organization is already paying too many people to do nothing or work for another team.

7. Matt Benning is still a guy I will stick up for, as long as he can stick to that third pairing D, which sometimes isn't possible due to injuries, for example. He is overpaid for a third pairing guy, but from my limited understanding of advanced statistics, he does make a positive contribution to the team.

8. It's going to take a while for Holland to get the Oilers out of this mess, but I think he has the assets work with. Unfortunately, Milan Lucic is not one of them, and his contract is costly in ways that have been descibed in multiple threads here. Any chance Lucic can go on LTIR? I don't wish harm to come to the guy, but maybe if he was not healthy enough to play hockey but able to run up and down the steps at Commonwealth Stadium, or developed an allergy to Zambonis or something.

9. Head coach. Hitchcock will be working in some capacity for the next two seasons, but his fine career in coaching is over. Like the General Manger, the new coach will have to be a strong personality that the OBC won't interfere with. I've heard rumblings that Ralph Krueger is on Buffalo's list of possible coaches, so maybe he would reconsider having his name up for consideration here. Todd Nelson? I hope he gets serious consideration, too.

Welcome to Team "Lucic Gets a Rash"! We're happy to have you on board.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737585 is a reply to message #737582 ]
Tue, 14 May 2019 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

When it comes to goaltending, I'd be curious to know how much is coaching vs the player himself. Are they actually getting bad coaching advice, are they buying into what the coach wants them to do or are they resistant, are they training properly in the offseason, are they making style changes in the offsason that works better? In their exit interview with Brossoit, I bet they told him he wasn't coming back. What do you want to bet he had one hell of an offseason because he was fighting for his NHL career. What do you want to bet that Talbot has one hell of an offseason this year coming off a bad year stats wise with no contract. In my opinion, I bet it's a combination of all of what I said. Whatever the case is, they need to figure it out.

When it comes to the defense, I don't want them to blow up the defense. In my opinion, you take 2-3 dmen from the NHL roster to build around and try to change out the rest. I would build around Klefbom and Nurse for sure, maybe Larsson, then look to make changes out of Sekera, Russel and Benning. I think Jones will be on the Oilers. I think Bouchard needs some seasoning but isn't far off. Wild card is Persson. But regardless, they need to create roster spots. Right now, the 6 guys they had playing for the last month and a half in the NHL are all signed and all healthy. So something has to give just to get 1 new face in.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737624 is a reply to message #737585 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 14 May 2019 12:17

When it comes to goaltending, I'd be curious to know how much is coaching vs the player himself. Are they actually getting bad coaching advice, are they buying into what the coach wants them to do or are they resistant, are they training properly in the offseason, are they making style changes in the offsason that works better? In their exit interview with Brossoit, I bet they told him he wasn't coming back. What do you want to bet he had one hell of an offseason because he was fighting for his NHL career. What do you want to bet that Talbot has one hell of an offseason this year coming off a bad year stats wise with no contract. In my opinion, I bet it's a combination of all of what I said. Whatever the case is, they need to figure it out.

When it comes to the defense, I don't want them to blow up the defense. In my opinion, you take 2-3 dmen from the NHL roster to build around and try to change out the rest. I would build around Klefbom and Nurse for sure, maybe Larsson, then look to make changes out of Sekera, Russel and Benning. I think Jones will be on the Oilers. I think Bouchard needs some seasoning but isn't far off. Wild card is Persson. But regardless, they need to create roster spots. Right now, the 6 guys they had playing for the last month and a half in the NHL are all signed and all healthy. So something has to give just to get 1 new face in.

I know that Carter Hart is coached by Dustin Schartz, and that kid is going to be a star, I'm thinking Schwartz is probably a pretty decent coach, I don't belive he is the problem. Plus they have that Quebecois consultant on staff, who's kid we drafted, and who was ranked at one time very highly by Hockey Canada.

The coaching I'm wondering about is the skating guy Pelletier, I'd lie to know why he can't help get Benning's skating going any better than it is, its Benning's worst handicap as an NHLer, might be time for another approach.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 May 2019 00:57]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737628 is a reply to message #737624 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 00:55

I know that Carter Hart is coached by Dustin Schartz, and that kid is going to be a star, I'm thinking Schwartz is probably a pretty decent coach, I don't belive he is the problem. Plus they have that Quebecois consultant on staff, who's kid we drafted, and who was ranked at one time very highly by Hockey Canada.

The coaching I'm wondering about is the skating guy Pelletier, I'd lie to know why he can't help get Benning's skating going any better than it is, its Benning's worst handicap as an NHLer, might be time for another approach.

For skating, it all depends on where you started from. If you started off as not very good, coaching can only take you so far. If a skating coach could take any skater and turn him into an elite one, then wouldn't most players be elite?

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737632 is a reply to message #737628 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 08:18

For skating, it all depends on where you started from. If you started off as not very good, coaching can only take you so far. If a skating coach could take any skater and turn him into an elite one, then wouldn't most players be elite?

I would think with the access to technology that we have today, NHLers should all be able to get their skating to a certain level. Trainiers should be able to get them in the right skate, with the right positioning and stride, then all that's left to the player is training properly to have the strength and agility.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737634 is a reply to message #737632 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 08:29

I would think with the access to technology that we have today, NHLers should all be able to get their skating to a certain level. Trainiers should be able to get them in the right skate, with the right positioning and stride, then all that's left to the player is training properly to have the strength and agility.

I would agree with you'd think that would be the case but if that it is, why do teams still have bad skaters? The Oilers aren't the only guys with poor skaters on their team.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737635 is a reply to message #737634 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 08:54

I would agree with you'd think that would be the case but if that it is, why do teams still have bad skaters? The Oilers aren't the only guys with poor skaters on their team.

It's a good question. Gregor said once that Pelletier was working with a lot of the AHL guys. I believe he mentioned Bear specifically. But we should never assume that the Oilers are performing a task properly, or in a way that any other club would. Pelletier is probably teaching slap shots or something.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737638 is a reply to message #737635 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 09:40

It's a good question. Gregor said once that Pelletier was working with a lot of the AHL guys. I believe he mentioned Bear specifically. But we should never assume that the Oilers are performing a task properly, or in a way that any other club would. Pelletier is probably teaching slap shots or something.

I would assume that a gold medal winning figure skater would know how to teach someone how to skate, how to get more power and work on their edges.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737640 is a reply to message #737638 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 08:57

I would assume that a gold medal winning figure skater would know how to teach someone how to skate, how to get more power and work on their edges.

My only caveat would be that knowing how to skate is much different than being able to teach someone how to skate.

I have no idea is Pelletier is a good skating coach, but I don't think that we can assume he is just because he's a great skater.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 pace: 254 GF / 243 GA (+11) after 30 games

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737643 is a reply to message #737640 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 11:08

My only caveat would be that knowing how to skate is much different than being able to teach someone how to skate.

I have no idea is Pelletier is a good skating coach, but I don't think that we can assume he is just because he's a great skater.

So now Oilers fans are looking to point the finger and run out the skating coach because.........?

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737646 is a reply to message #737643 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 13:35

So now Oilers fans are looking to point the finger and run out the skating coach because.........?

Because they've tried firing everyone else?

This is fine.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737647 is a reply to message #737646 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 14:19

Sure I guess.

Maybe they should fire the guy who's in the Hunter suit. He might be too distracting to the players like Lucic, they can't focus.

I would imagine the players have parking under the building. Better fire the guy who mans the parkade for the players. Maybe he doesn't do his job fast enough and it hurts the players mentally, screws up their routine.

They should fire Joey Moss. He was around since Gretzky played. Old boys club.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 May 2019 14:28]

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737649 is a reply to message #737647 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 14:25

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 14:19

Sure I guess.

Maybe they should fire the guy who's in the Hunter suit. He might be too distracting to the players like Lucic, they can't focus.

I would imagine the players have parking under the building. Better fire the guy who mans the parkade for the players. Maybe he doesn't do his job fast enough and it hurts the players mentally, screws up their routine.

They should fire Joey Moss. He was around since Gretzky played. Old boys club.

Zero doubt these were all ideas kicked around buy the brain trust when they were trying to find a way to hire Keith.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737771 is a reply to message #737640 ]
Fri, 17 May 2019 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve.kreys  is currently offline steve.kreys

No Cups

I do not have faith in Pelletier being able to actually coach people to skate better.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737772 is a reply to message #737771 ]
Fri, 17 May 2019 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

steve.kreys wrote on Fri, 17 May 2019 19:02

I do not have faith in Pelletier being able to actually coach people to skate better.

Gretzky, greatest player. Gretzky, as coach not so much.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737773 is a reply to message #737772 ]
Fri, 17 May 2019 21:18 Go to previous message

1 Cup

nullterm wrote on Fri, 17 May 2019 20:34

steve.kreys wrote on Fri, 17 May 2019 19:02

Gretzky, greatest player. Gretzky, as coach not so much.

Maybe Phoenix just wasn’t paying him enough.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737641 is a reply to message #737638 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 09:57

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 09:40

Now class, what happens when we assume?

He’s been the skating coach for the Oilers since 2014, and while he’s done great work with Conner (I kid...) I’d say his list of duds is much longer than his list of improvements since that time.

Though we’re not privy to the day to day interactions between the skills coaches and the team, perhaps a new voice and teacher would be a benefit to a team that is generally slower than the rest in a league where SPEED has become the ‘IT’ thing. Sure, you can say “well that’s on the GM to bring in speed”. That’s where I say it’s on your skills coach, skating coach in this example, as a guy(person?) who should be able to get your team to a level they haven’t been at skills wise.

#FireTheSalchow

Survivor 52 CHAMP

#MUSTWIN

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737651 is a reply to message #737641 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

Man. Layoff it. You should know by now that the real problem with the team is the fans. They definitely have the most direct impact on the team. Skills coaches, there's only two or three of them, fans, probably more than 10 Million! Are you really saying that four guys are more to blame than 10 Million people?!

I can't believe anyone would say that 3 is more important than 10,000,000. But here I am listening to someone arguing that 3 matters more than 10,000,000. It's simple math. I assume you know what simple math works like.

Spoiler #1

Reveal Spoiler

Spoiler #2

Reveal Spoiler

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737569 is a reply to message #737566 ]
Tue, 14 May 2019 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

I would counter by saying that I think we all can agree that the Oilers defense isn't good enough and if they are ever going to get better, they need some changes. I am of the opinion that they need to add a couple of dmen who can skate, move the puck and have some kind of a offensive dimension. Taking money out of the equation for a minute, in order to inject some different dmen that bring a skill set they need, you have to have roster spots.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737656 is a reply to message #737569 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 14 May 2019 10:27

I would counter by saying that I think we all can agree that the Oilers defense isn't good enough and if they are ever going to get better, they need some changes. I am of the opinion that they need to add a couple of dmen who can skate, move the puck and have some kind of a offensive dimension. Taking money out of the equation for a minute, in order to inject some different dmen that bring a skill set they need, you have to have roster spots.

I've been too busy at work to watch the games, but has anyone been scouting Sekera's performance in the World's? Sekera got beat on the winning goal vs Canada and I just saw Drai scored to beat the Slovaks but didn't see who was on D. Is he looking good, okay, slow or done?

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737658 is a reply to message #737656 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 17:04

I've been too busy at work to watch the games, but has anyone been scouting Sekera's performance in the World's? Sekera got beat on the winning goal vs Canada and I just saw Drai scored to beat the Slovaks but didn't see who was on D. Is he looking good, okay, slow or done?

Haven't watched but second hand it sounds like he's skating even better than when he returned this season. So a dash of optimism. I roll the dice and keep him.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737660 is a reply to message #737658 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I have a plan... which is a rare thing.

For the defence (only)...

Three important points:
1. Defence is the backbone to your team, if those six roster sports aren't decent your team sucks.
2. Defence is a notoriously high pressure position to come in as a rookie into.
3. Defence is notoriously hard to get top end talent.

So instead of trying to save cap space on the blue line, I'm staying pat with what we have so our younger potential guys are playing either against easier competition or getting big minutes in the AHL (Bouchard, Jones, Bear, etc).

Sekera - KEEP 5.5 - Take the gamble that he's healthy and use him for atleast another year. He's a calming presence on the back end and our most experienced.

Russell - MOST LIKELY KEEP 4.5 - He's not great and probably past his peak, but we can still use his minutes. If we have younger guys push him out then that's a good problem. But don't move him unless we have 6 other bonafide NHLers out of everyone else. But I'm in no rush to do so, maybe at trade deadline.

Nurse/Klefbom/Larsson - KEEP 3.2/4.16/4.16 - These are the guys we are hoping to keep for several years.

Jones/Bouchard/Bear - AHL MOST LIKELY - These guys should start in the AHL together, evaluate them independently at training camp ignoring what the Oilers need and do what they need for development wise. I'd only count on maybe Jones being ready for the next step, but I'd still plan on him still being in the AHL to start over rippening.

Benning - BUBBLE as 6/7D 1.9 - Keep him as a 6/7D, but if at season start it looks like we have two or more young guns ready to go NHL then you can save a couple million if no one takes Russell.

Gravel - PTO and see how things play out

Petrovic/etc - thanks for the memories

If there is a decent UFA available, then that probably pushed Russell out. But I'm not betting anyone comes to the Oilers unless Ken Holland has some PR magic in his back pocket.

Nothing earth shattering, but it provides our defence time to stabilize or develop. Our forward situation is the thing that needs the major overhaul. And we looked much better after Sekera returned last season, plus he's apparently looking even better at the Worlds.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737686 is a reply to message #737660 ]
Thu, 16 May 2019 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 18:44

Three important points:
1. Defence is the backbone to your team, if those six roster sports aren't decent your team sucks.

So instead of trying to save cap space on the blue line, I'm staying pat with what we have so our younger potential guys are playing either against easier competition or getting big minutes in the AHL (Bouchard, Jones, Bear, etc).

Sekera - KEEP 5.5 - Take the gamble that he's healthy and use him for atleast another year. He's a calming presence on the back end and our most experienced.

Russell - MOST LIKELY KEEP 4.5 - He's not great and probably past his peak, but we can still use his minutes. If we have younger guys push him out then that's a good problem. But don't move him unless we have 6 other bonafide NHLers out of everyone else. But I'm in no rush to do so, maybe at trade deadline.

Nurse/Klefbom/Larsson - KEEP 3.2/4.16/4.16 - These are the guys we are hoping to keep for several years.

Jones/Bouchard/Bear - AHL MOST LIKELY - These guys should start in the AHL together, evaluate them independently at training camp ignoring what the Oilers need and do what they need for development wise. I'd only count on maybe Jones being ready for the next step, but I'd still plan on him still being in the AHL to start over rippening.

Benning - BUBBLE as 6/7D 1.9 - Keep him as a 6/7D, but if at season start it looks like we have two or more young guns ready to go NHL then you can save a couple million if no one takes Russell.

If there is a decent UFA available, then that probably pushed Russell out. But I'm not betting anyone comes to the Oilers unless Ken Holland has some PR magic in his back pocket.

Nothing earth shattering, but it provides our defence time to stabilize or develop. Our forward situation is the thing that needs the major overhaul. And we looked much better after Sekera returned last season, plus he's apparently looking even better at the Worlds.

Is this for real or are you joking? I am legit asking because in this place, it's hard to know who's being real.

If it's real, you think the Oilers should keep their entire defense core the same, including the #7? A good chunk of the NHL has moved and continues to move towards having lots of good skating, puck moving dmen who can provide offense. The days of having a bunch of defensive dman are coming to an end. The Oilers I would say have 4 defensive dmen in Larsson, Russell, Benning and Sekera, Sekera being the guy with the most potential offense. But all of those guys have a combination of either don't skate well, don't move the puck well or provide no offense. Some have all 3. So the Oilers defense severely lacks what the NHL today needs and you think they should stand pat? Is your name Peter Chiarelli?

In a perfect world, I would keep 1 guy out of the 4 I mentioned. My pick would be Larsson because he's the best defender, physical, nasty, right shot, a good amount of experience while still being young at only 26 and he is the only guy out of the 4 that is a top 4 dman and would be a top 4 on most teams. I don't know if getting rid of Sekera, Russell and Benning is realistic but at minimum they need to get rid of 2 of them.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737698 is a reply to message #737686 ]
Thu, 16 May 2019 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 16 May 2019 09:29

Three important points:

Is this for real or are you joking? I am legit asking because in this place, it's hard to know who's being real.

If it's real, you think the Oilers should keep their entire defense core the same, including the #7? A good chunk of the NHL has moved and continues to move towards having lots of good skating, puck moving dmen who can provide offense. The days of having a bunch of defensive dman are coming to an end. The Oilers I would say have 4 defensive dmen in Larsson, Russell, Benning and Sekera, Sekera being the guy with the most potential offense. But all of those guys have a combination of either don't skate well, don't move the puck well or provide no offense. Some have all 3. So the Oilers defense severely lacks what the NHL today needs and you think they should stand pat? Is your name Peter Chiarelli?

In a perfect world, I would keep 1 guy out of the 4 I mentioned. My pick would be Larsson because he's the best defender, physical, nasty, right shot, a good amount of experience while still being young at only 26 and he is the only guy out of the 4 that is a top 4 dman and would be a top 4 on most teams. I don't know if getting rid of Sekera, Russell and Benning is realistic but at minimum they need to get rid of 2 of them.

I agree with Null. I think the D is not as bad as everyone thinks. Keep the 7 we have, upgrade the offence with whatever money we can find. If a taker can be found for someone like Russell, fine but i'm not actively looking to get rid of him, and his replacement MUST be better, so no sliding any of the kids up or signing Gryba. This summer should be used to fix the forward group, not the D.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737715 is a reply to message #737698 ]
Thu, 16 May 2019 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Thu, 16 May 2019 08:59

Three important points:

I agree with Null. I think the D is not as bad as everyone thinks. Keep the 7 we have, upgrade the offence with whatever money we can find. If a taker can be found for someone like Russell, fine but i'm not actively looking to get rid of him, and his replacement MUST be better, so no sliding any of the kids up or signing Gryba. This summer should be used to fix the forward group, not the D.

Our lack of secondary forward scoring is far more detrimental than what we have on the back-end. Especially when Sekera was back last season.

As always, if you can find an upgrade go for it. But don't throw out what you have based on a maybe.

If one or two kids can force their way up the depth chart, amazing (but unlikely). Then the likes of Russell can be moved. But that has to be done from the bottom, not just a GM clearing space and then slotting in a rookie who isn't yet prepared for the big league.

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737717 is a reply to message #737715 ]
Thu, 16 May 2019 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

nullterm wrote on Thu, 16 May 2019 11:40

Three important points:

Our lack of secondary forward scoring is far more detrimental than what we have on the back-end. Especially when Sekera was back last season.

As always, if you can find an upgrade go for it. But don't throw out what you have based on a maybe.

If one or two kids can force their way up the depth chart, amazing (but unlikely). Then the likes of Russell can be moved. But that has to be done from the bottom, not just a GM clearing space and then slotting in a rookie who isn't yet prepared for the big league.

The Oilers allow too many goals , spend way too much time in their own end and their defense struggle to get the puck out and to the forwards. I have read it over and over again about how good the Oilers with McDavid and how much they suck when he is off the ice. In my opinion, a big part of the reason the Oilers suck so badly when McDavid is off the ice is most of Oilers defense can't get the puck out of the zone without ringing it off the glass and they can't consistently make a pass on the tape. So they rely on McDavid to come get the puck and gain the zone all by himself. SO the Oilers can bring in all the wingers they want but it won't help much if the defense can't get them the puck.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2019 12:31]

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737723 is a reply to message #737717 ]
Thu, 16 May 2019 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 16 May 2019 12:24

nullterm wrote on Thu, 16 May 2019 11:40

Three important points:

The Oilers allow too many goals , spend way too much time in their own end and their defense struggle to get the puck out and to the forwards. I have read it over and over again about how good the Oilers with McDavid and how much they suck when he is off the ice. In my opinion, a big part of the reason the Oilers suck so badly when McDavid is off the ice is most of Oilers defense can't get the puck out of the zone without ringing it off the glass and they can't consistently make a pass on the tape. So they rely on McDavid to come get the puck and gain the zone all by himself. SO the Oilers can bring in all the wingers they want but it won't help much if the defense can't get them the puck.

I'm with nullterm on this. When healthy, the Oilers defence isn't bad. We have three capable LH d-men (Klefbom, Nurse, Sekera), and two on the right side (Larsson, Benning). Russell is a LH who can play the right side, but his contract doesn't fit with what he brings. Benning is best when playing more limited minutes, but he's decent and his underlying numbers look strong.

We have two LH (Jones, Lagesson) and two RH (Bear, Bouchard) who will push for time in the next couple of years so suddenly the depth chart is better than it's been in ages. And we always have Brandon Manning and Keegan Lowe, just in case the team catches the Black Plague or something...Samorukov I've left off here, as he probably should have at least a year before he's really challenging for a spot. The team may be able to send him back as an over-ager next year if we don't have enough room for him to get a really regular shift.

Compare that to forward and it's not close. We have almost no one with any measure of speed amongst the minor leaguers. Benson, Marody...they're all slow. Yamamoto is quicker but tiny and has had injuries struggles.

In the NHL, our depth chart is a disaster. We have Draisaitl, Gagner, Kassian as NHL wingers...and then there's not much (at this stage, I think Gagner's better suited for wing than centre). Rieder and Rattie may not get qualified. Chiasson is 50/50 at best that we re-sign given his performance to expectations.

Cave & Khaira are both 4th line centers ideally...alongside Brodziak who could be a buyout candidate after a pretty awful season.

We have Puljujarvi, but the team needs to work on that relationship if we're going to keep him. We'll need a coach who can get something of him, and not be stunted by the organization's disappointment that he wasn't instantly a star.

So we have a first line winger, a second line winger, a third line winger and a couple fourth liners at best, plus one prospect with a bunch of question marks. And then nothing on the farm that we should expect to help.

The wing is the biggest issue here by far.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Oilers roster moves for 19-20 season [message #737661 is a reply to message #737658 ]
Wed, 15 May 2019 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 18:18

stemhovlichski wrote on Wed, 15 May 2019 17:04

Haven't watched but second hand it sounds like he's skating even better than when he returned this season. So a dash of optimism. I roll the dice and keep him.

This sounds like the time of the year when Oilfans betrays itself by talking ourselves into something we know isn’t true.

This is fine.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:The Oilers Management Expose
Next Topic:Katz/Nicholson Presser at 10AM Today
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca