This day on November 29
None

Happy Birthday To: Lew19, Houndtown, aheadby1, rwilford, Lucky Luc 20, onintwo, Gimmetrades

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins...Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #790077 is a reply to message #790073 ]
Fri, 23 July 2021 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 23 July 2021 17:00

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 23 July 2021 16:16

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 23 July 2021 15:18

Adam wrote on Fri, 23 July 2021 13:25

I would absolutely say no if I was Holland, and let the ticking clock work on the Maple Leafs. If they don't accept by tomorrow then suddenly that 6th bounces back to next year. If they wait a few more days, then they get zilch.

But I don't have faith we're going to do that.

Most reports indicate the cap saving per year going 8 year vs 7 is only +500K, so what is that worth? 6th tops.. Holland should tell Dubas see ya later.

What a shock to Holland's system this must be. A team acting like 500k of cap savings is such a big deal after he didn't even bother asking Chicago to retain a dime of Keith's contract.

deadhorse

I know, I know, but damn it's still annoying that Bowman retained salary in like 3 deals recently and we didn't even try to get him to do a thing for us.

Hey, Holland says he asked. Bowman said no, and that's the end of it. What did you want him to do? Get Duncan Keith for free???

I believe Holland's quote is that Bowman said that 50% retention would be expensive. Tried to present it as 0% of 50% were the only possible options.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #790084 is a reply to message #790077 ]
Fri, 23 July 2021 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 23 July 2021 17:43

Adam wrote on Fri, 23 July 2021 17:00

I would absolutely say no if I was Holland, and let the ticking clock work on the Maple Leafs. If they don't accept by tomorrow then suddenly that 6th bounces back to next year. If they wait a few more days, then they get zilch.

Most reports indicate the cap saving per year going 8 year vs 7 is only +500K, so what is that worth? 6th tops.. Holland should tell Dubas see ya later.

What a shock to Holland's system this must be. A team acting like 500k of cap savings is such a big deal after he didn't even bother asking Chicago to retain a dime of Keith's contract.

deadhorse

I know, I know, but damn it's still annoying that Bowman retained salary in like 3 deals recently and we didn't even try to get him to do a thing for us.

Hey, Holland says he asked. Bowman said no, and that's the end of it. What did you want him to do? Get Duncan Keith for free???

I believe Holland's quote is that Bowman said that 50% retention would be expensive. Tried to present it as 0% of 50% were the only possible options.

Maybe he didn't realize there was options?

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #790223 is a reply to message #790068 ]
Sat, 24 July 2021 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

deadhorse

Credit to Holland for actually holding his ground - although the overpay for Hyman is more stark when he's getting paid more than Nugent-Hopkins...

It is potentially a disadvantage going in to free agency with everyone knowing what we plan to pay him, but I doubt anyone wants to pay a lot more than that for him.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #790227 is a reply to message #790223 ]
Sat, 24 July 2021 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 24 July 2021 17:32

deadhorse

Credit to Holland for actually holding his ground - although the overpay for Hyman is more stark when he's getting paid more than Nugent-Hopkins...

It is potentially a disadvantage going in to free agency with everyone knowing what we plan to pay him, but I doubt anyone wants to pay a lot more than that for him.

Yeah, happy to see Holland not giving in. Dubas is looking for any miniscule victories he can find I guess, hope he is proud of himself and will be proud on his next 1st round exit with the Leafs Fantastic Fore!!! (just learned this is what angry Leafs fans call Matthews, Marner, JT and Nylander).

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #790228 is a reply to message #790227 ]
Sat, 24 July 2021 18:16 Go to previous message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 24 July 2021 18:10

Adam wrote on Sat, 24 July 2021 17:32

deadhorse

Yeah, happy to see Holland not giving in. Dubas is looking for any miniscule victories he can find I guess, hope he is proud of himself and will be proud on his next 1st round exit with the Leafs Fantastic Fore!!! (just learned this is what angry Leafs fans call Matthews, Marner, JT and Nylander).

In all fairness, wouldn’t surprise me if ol MNM were a tad jealous of all the birdies JT was seeing (ba dum tssss)

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]  
Previous Topic:Buyout deadline
Next Topic:Mike Smith 2x2
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca