This day on July 5
Acquired: Scott Ferguson (2000) Allan Rourke (2007)
Departed: Georges Laraque (2006) Jaroslav Spacek (2006) Jan Hejda (2007)

Happy Birthday To: anm8r, shannon23, homeof99, DanW91

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/ProposalsPages (5): [1  2  3  4  5  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #780293]
Fri, 19 March 2021 09:55 Go to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

For fun and tracking, I thought it may be interesting to get some speculation going. Covid 2 week quarantine makes the Canadian division tough to get guys in after a trade from a US based team. Oilers look to be fairly quiet. I think Kenny will look to try and upgrade the bottom 6 forwards with some size that can still skate decently & try to work in a deal that can maybe set up some salary savings for next year potentially. He will look at the Canadian teams more than normal with no quarantine in trading with them.

My hope trade....

Neal ($5.75 Mill cap x 2 yrs) & Konovalov (Goalie in KHL) to Ottawa for Dadonov ($5 mill cap x 2 yrs) (retain $500K in salary cap to make cap hit $4.5 mill x 2 yrs)

Ottawa has literally no goalie prospects & Konovalov is doing very well in the KHL and might entice them to make this type of move. Also, Dadonov contract is back loaded and pays him $1.5 mill more in the last year than the cap hit does. So it would save some decent $$$ in real salary for them. Buyout of both players is roughly the same in year one & bigger savings in year 2 for Dadonov buyout.

If & a big if I realize, this trade were to happen, Kenny could flip Dadonov in the summer to a team and retain some $$$ to make it happen. My guess would be retaining $1.5 million & send to a team like NJ. That would make him have a cap hit of $3 million for the remaining 2 years of his contract. Pretty good for a guy that can score some goals. Jersey will have a lot of cap space this summer.

I can dream lol

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #780374 is a reply to message #780293 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Jakey wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 09:55

For fun and tracking, I thought it may be interesting to get some speculation going. Covid 2 week quarantine makes the Canadian division tough to get guys in after a trade from a US based team. Oilers look to be fairly quiet. I think Kenny will look to try and upgrade the bottom 6 forwards with some size that can still skate decently & try to work in a deal that can maybe set up some salary savings for next year potentially. He will look at the Canadian teams more than normal with no quarantine in trading with them.

My hope trade....

Neal ($5.75 Mill cap x 2 yrs) & Konovalov (Goalie in KHL) to Ottawa for Dadonov ($5 mill cap x 2 yrs) (retain $500K in salary cap to make cap hit $4.5 mill x 2 yrs)

Ottawa has literally no goalie prospects & Konovalov is doing very well in the KHL and might entice them to make this type of move. Also, Dadonov contract is back loaded and pays him $1.5 mill more in the last year than the cap hit does. So it would save some decent $$$ in real salary for them. Buyout of both players is roughly the same in year one & bigger savings in year 2 for Dadonov buyout.

If & a big if I realize, this trade were to happen, Kenny could flip Dadonov in the summer to a team and retain some $$$ to make it happen. My guess would be retaining $1.5 million & send to a team like NJ. That would make him have a cap hit of $3 million for the remaining 2 years of his contract. Pretty good for a guy that can score some goals. Jersey will have a lot of cap space this summer.

I can dream lol

Maybe better to flush Skinner while he's on the heater right now? We may yet need a goalie of the future...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #780403 is a reply to message #780374 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Ya true. I would do that for Skinner. He looked real shaky when he played last. Was his first taste of the big leagues, so most guys r a bit nervous. He doesn’t look like a 1A starter at this point, but I don’t know goalies at all. That is voodoo stuff usually. Pick a lot in later rounds and hope 1-2 develop is what a lot of teams do.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #780408 is a reply to message #780403 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Jakey wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 10:20

Ya true. I would do that for Skinner. He looked real shaky when he played last. Was his first taste of the big leagues, so most guys r a bit nervous. He doesn’t look like a 1A starter at this point, but I don’t know goalies at all. That is voodoo stuff usually. Pick a lot in later rounds and hope 1-2 develop is what a lot of teams do.

That Skinner start simply should not have happened. He's always been a goalie that needs a long development path. Normal circumstances on a team that properly develops players, it's probably 2 more years before he first touches NHL ice.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #780418 is a reply to message #780293 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

1 Cup

My fantasy trade

To edmonton

Gibson
Rackell

To Anaheim
Konovalov
One of bear/jones
22 first
And a choice of lavoie, savoie, broberg or samorukov
And whatever it takes to even out cap

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #780453 is a reply to message #780418 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

sinfulchimp306 wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 18:55

My fantasy trade

To edmonton

Gibson
Rackell

To Anaheim
Konovalov
One of bear/jones
22 first
And a choice of lavoie, savoie, broberg or samorukov
And whatever it takes to even out cap

In a dream world. The Ducks would target Broberg out of that group and it wouldn’t be close. That would likely mean we try to re-sign Barrie. Not sure how the cap would ever equal out for the trade or after.

Gibson makes us the clear cut favourite in North and a Cup contender moving forward. Holland should be persistently phoning the Ducks every 3 hours.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #780454 is a reply to message #780453 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I'm sure it would be koski and a chiasson like contract to get things close

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #780488 is a reply to message #780454 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

sinfulchimp306 wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 20:58

Strangers things have happened, but Gibson would have to want out. If we are going that far, then let’s find a way to Getzlaf in the deal. Lol. Need his big yap to get some ref calls.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #780497 is a reply to message #780488 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 21:40

Strangers things have happened, but Gibson would have to want out. If we are going that far, then let’s find a way to Getzlaf in the deal. Lol. Need his big yap to get some ref calls.

Gibson 0.894 sav% and injured. Ducks tank job is secured and nothing can overcome the power of Eakins, the secret tank weapon.

Still not seeing any reason for the Ducks to move him. They'd have to find a #1 goalie all over again when they finally feel like trying to win again. Gibson can wipe his tears with $100 bills while chilling on the beach while he waits for the rebuild to bear fruit.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #780989 is a reply to message #780497 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

Reports that players comng to Canadian teams will only be required to isolate for 7 days, not 14.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/report-canadian-governm ent-poised-approve-7-day-quarantine-nhlers/

Trade deadline is April 12.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781005 is a reply to message #780989 ]
Thu, 25 March 2021 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Uncle ken needs to move now with this time off

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781041 is a reply to message #781005 ]
Fri, 26 March 2021 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Thinking about a right shot 3rd line center. Seravelli on TSN stating Glendenning is available and targeted. Kenny knows this guy as he signed him way back when. Bio on TSN says plays hard, skates ok, decent on faceoffs & looks like he is a bit physical as well.

My Hope on this one....

Glendenning (Det retains half of cap). $0.9 K in cap hit with retain $

for

Turris, Marody & a 6th rd pick.

Reasoning....
- Marody will need to be signed and can't clear waivers next year. He is a tweener IMO. Detroit might like what they see and give him a real chance.
- Dump Turris' salary as part of the deal. Maybe Detroit thinks they can squeeze a bit more out of him?
- we gain cap space of $0.750 K this year and dump Turris' $1.65 next year

Worth a shot lol

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781078 is a reply to message #780454 ]
Fri, 26 March 2021 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Koski definately goes out the door somehow if Gibson comes in.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781242 is a reply to message #780293 ]
Sun, 28 March 2021 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

Just spitballing here, but a move of Turris and Jones for Sam Bennett could make some sense.

It’s pretty dang close to dollar for dollar. Bennett comes in at 2.55 while the Turris/Jones combo is 2.5.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 March 2021 08:00]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781253 is a reply to message #781242 ]
Sun, 28 March 2021 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 28 March 2021 07:58

Just spitballing here, but a move of Turris and Jones for Sam Bennett could make some sense.

It’s pretty dang close to dollar for dollar. Bennett comes in at 2.55 while the Turris/Jones combo is 2.5.

Jones is better than Bennett. It would be nice to be out from the Turris contract, but I donèt think I take Jones for Bennett to make that happen.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781256 is a reply to message #781253 ]
Sun, 28 March 2021 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 28 March 2021 14:55

Jones is better than Bennett. It would be nice to be out from the Turris contract, but I donèt think I take Jones for Bennett to make that happen.

A 3rd line of Kass-Bennett-Arch could be a real treat come playoff time... when jones is still sitting in the PB.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781261 is a reply to message #781256 ]
Sun, 28 March 2021 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 28 March 2021 19:04

A 3rd line of Kass-Bennett-Arch could be a real treat come playoff time... when jones is golfing.

Fixed that for you.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781262 is a reply to message #781261 ]
Sun, 28 March 2021 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Sun, 28 March 2021 20:24

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 28 March 2021 19:04

A 3rd line of Kass-Bennett-Arch could be a real treat come playoff time... when jones is golfing.

Fixed that for you.

Yes! If the trade occurs.

If no trade, he sits in the PB because he isn’t seeing ice time with the Oilers.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781277 is a reply to message #781242 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

A hard pass on Bennett for me. Maybe Tippett has some magic to make him a player but anytime I see him play, he does a whole lot of nothing. Doesn't seem to bring a lot of effort, giveaway machine, bad defensively. He thinks he should play more, be higher up in the line up but he doesn't score much. If you listen to Calgary radio, doesn't matter what show, they say the same thing. I am at the point where I think the Oilers need to be done with project players.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 March 2021 08:52]

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781286 is a reply to message #781277 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

I hate to say it but Toronto's depth players are the right mix and what we should pursue at this point. offensive talents like big joe and spezza, who are past their peak but can contribute in lessened minutes. Other guys like Galchenyuk, who have scored at the NHL level in the past and are worth a flier. It's no accident they've beaten us all but one time this season.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781289 is a reply to message #781286 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 10:07

I hate to say it but Toronto's depth players are the right mix and what we should pursue at this point. offensive talents like big joe and spezza, who are past their peak but can contribute in lessened minutes. Other guys like Galchenyuk, who have scored at the NHL level in the past and are worth a flier. It's no accident they've beaten us all but one time this season.

I think that is where the Leafs have an advantage. With so many players coming from Ontario and them being Leafs fans, they are willing to sign for next to nothing later in their careers to play for the hometown team. The Oilers get a guy like Ennis who don't get me wrong in a bottom 6 role has been decent but player for player, Spezza was way, way better than Ennis ever was. Sure Spezza isn't that fast but the guy still has great hands, lots of skill, great hockey IQ and because of that can make plays and at 700K, how can you go wrong. But he wouldn't play for that anywhere else. They waived him early just so they had roster flexibility and he said he's retire before going anywhere else. Thornton, is the same. Old as hell but still has great hands, lots of skill and great hockey IQ so he can make plays still and at 700K how do you go wrong.

I know some people downplay the importance but where the Leafs are crushing the Oilers and it plays a part on the special teams is faceoffs. Khaira and Haas are getting CRUSHED on faceoffs on the PK and it makes a difference. Those vet boys - Thornton & Spezza are clearing up on faceoffs.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781299 is a reply to message #781289 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 10:20

I think that is where the Leafs have an advantage. With so many players coming from Ontario and them being Leafs fans, they are willing to sign for next to nothing later in their careers to play for the hometown team. The Oilers get a guy like Ennis who don't get me wrong in a bottom 6 role has been decent but player for player, Spezza was way, way better than Ennis ever was. Sure Spezza isn't that fast but the guy still has great hands, lots of skill, great hockey IQ and because of that can make plays and at 700K, how can you go wrong. But he wouldn't play for that anywhere else. They waived him early just so they had roster flexibility and he said he's retire before going anywhere else. Thornton, is the same. Old as hell but still has great hands, lots of skill and great hockey IQ so he can make plays still and at 700K how do you go wrong.

I know some people downplay the importance but where the Leafs are crushing the Oilers and it plays a part on the special teams is faceoffs. Khaira and Haas are getting CRUSHED on faceoffs on the PK and it makes a difference. Those vet boys - Thornton & Spezza are clearing up on faceoffs.

I think it's more than geography. I think the Oilers are universally seen as a poorly managed team. If you're an aging veteran who is hoping for one more shot at the Cup, the pieces are here to convince you to take a shot here. We have the two best players in the game after all. If you're looking for your swan song, I think the Cup piece is probably more important than whether you grew up within a couple hundred clicks of the arena.

The only problem is that the Oilers have been a clownshow for so long that you're probably just killing your career if you come here as that aging veteran on a one-year deal. Playing here has killed a lot of careers, and the management will try to bury you on the way out of town in order to try to avoid any level of blame touching themselves.

Some older players do still come to Edmonton - they just often require a premium to do so or they come here because there aren't more attractive opportunities elsewhere. Really, with McDavid and Draisaitl here, we should be winning a lot of those coin tosses.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781301 is a reply to message #781299 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 10:49

I think it's more than geography. I think the Oilers are universally seen as a poorly managed team. If you're an aging veteran who is hoping for one more shot at the Cup, the pieces are here to convince you to take a shot here. We have the two best players in the game after all. If you're looking for your swan song, I think the Cup piece is probably more important than whether you grew up within a couple hundred clicks of the arena.

The only problem is that the Oilers have been a clownshow for so long that you're probably just killing your career if you come here as that aging veteran on a one-year deal. Playing here has killed a lot of careers, and the management will try to bury you on the way out of town in order to try to avoid any level of blame touching themselves.

Some older players do still come to Edmonton - they just often require a premium to do so or they come here because there aren't more attractive opportunities elsewhere. Really, with McDavid and Draisaitl here, we should be winning a lot of those coin tosses.

I don't buy the whole Oilers management is a clown show crutch that people cling too. It was an issue before, I don't see it as now.

A lot of Eastern born players prefer the Eastern conference. The travel is significantly better. It's not my opinion, it's a proven fact. Many players year after year state they prefer to be in the East and won't consider a West team. So geography is a thing regardless of who's the manager or the fact McD and Leon are on the team. There are players who unless you throw stupid money and term at them, will not come to Edmonton no matter what. So

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781310 is a reply to message #781301 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 11:17

I don't buy the whole Oilers management is a clown show crutch that people cling too. It was an issue before, I don't see it as now.

A lot of Eastern born players prefer the Eastern conference. The travel is significantly better. It's not my opinion, it's a proven fact. Many players year after year state they prefer to be in the East and won't consider a West team. So geography is a thing regardless of who's the manager or the fact McD and Leon are on the team. There are players who unless you throw stupid money and term at them, will not come to Edmonton no matter what. So

You do realize that Nicholson and Lowe still work here right? And that they hired a fossil who drove his last team in to the dirt to work with them?

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781311 is a reply to message #781310 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 12:57

You do realize that Nicholson and Lowe still work here right? And that they hired a fossil who drove his last team in to the dirt to work with them?

Non-hockey operations, Adam. You're living in an Oilers conspiracy theory. There's NO PROOF Lowe and Nicholson have anything to do with the team.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781318 is a reply to message #781311 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 13:01

Non-hockey operations, Adam. You're living in an Oilers conspiracy theory. There's NO PROOF Lowe and Nicholson have anything to do with the team.

Nicholson’s energies are focused on the OEG’s hockey franchises. The Oilers, being a hockey franchise, are one area his energies would be spent. It’s left wide open to interpretation as to how deep his fingers go. Then we have Alternate Governor, Lowe (who shares the same title as Wayne) who works closely with Nicholson and Katz on all aspects of the organization. The proof is there.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781334 is a reply to message #781318 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 13:59

Nicholson’s energies are focused on the OEG’s hockey franchises. The Oilers, being a hockey franchise, are one area his energies would be spent. It’s left wide open to interpretation as to how deep his fingers go. Then we have Alternate Governor, Lowe (who shares the same title as Wayne) who works closely with Nicholson and Katz on all aspects of the organization. The proof is there.

I suspect that the post your replying to was, in fact, tongue in cheek.

The Oilers media often offers us hints about this. "Lowe isn't part of hockey operations, but it's not like you're not going to use a resource with that level of experience and so he often acts as a sounding board..." or other such nonsense. The same goes for Gretzky. They have the owner's ear and they're running things by committee. They have only hired people they've previously worked with - whether it's Tambellini, MacTavish, Chiarelli or Holland, they are all guys that Lowe and Gretzky have collaborated with before. I don't think that's a coincidence. I'm sure for a retirement aged gentleman like Holland, it's nice to have some guys offering to help share the load for him.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781335 is a reply to message #781334 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 16:04

The Oilers media often offers us hints about this. "Lowe isn't part of hockey operations, but it's not like you're not going to use a resource with that level of experience and so he often acts as a sounding board..." or other such nonsense. The same goes for Gretzky. They have the owner's ear and they're running things by committee. They have only hired people they've previously worked with - whether it's Tambellini, MacTavish, Chiarelli or Holland, they are all guys that Lowe and Gretzky have collaborated with before. I don't think that's a coincidence. I'm sure for a retirement aged gentleman like Holland, it's nice to have some guys offering to help share the load for him.

I suspect Oscar's post was slightly tongue in cheek too. I agree with everything that was said.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781336 is a reply to message #781335 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 16:11

Adam wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 16:04

I suspect Oscar's post was slightly tongue in cheek too. I agree with everything that was said.

Most of what I say, in fact, is tongue in cheek. Aside from my trade Jones and the Sabres taking Koskinen stuff lately. Oh, and everything regarding The MustTM

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781322 is a reply to message #781301 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

Oilers management will remain a clown show until KLowe retires. He's up there, drinking red wine and offering "advice from a real winner" anytime Holland walks by.

Fun fact: did you know Kevin Lowe was the 7th d-man on the 1994 Rangers depth chart?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781323 is a reply to message #781322 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 14:19

Oilers management will remain a clown show until KLowe retires. He's up there, drinking red wine and offering "advice from a real winner" anytime Holland walks by.

Fun fact: did you know Kevin Lowe was the 7th d-man on the 1994 Rangers depth chart?

“Ken! Kenny!! You need Jerred Smithson on the team.”

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781382 is a reply to message #781289 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

3 Cups

Which radio personality did you get that hot take from?

You are like the worst kind of broken record. Just on repeat, same thing coming out over and over again hoping at some point someone agrees with you.

Next time you want to post something about faceoffs ask your self a few questions;
- how many PK faceoffs happen a game?
- how many did the Oilers lose?
- How good is the BEST faceoff guy better than our worst PK C?
- if you take the best in the league and give him the draws of the highest Oiler based on draws taken what is the improvement with his percentage?

This isnt even arguing the importance of faceoffs. That insight is clearly so far out of your realm of understanding it might as well me explained in Swahili.
This is about the fact that the very best would improve our team by a coupledraws a game. The net effect of that on a game is very small.
Yet you still point this out on a regular basis. With the problems that still remain on this team you bang the faceoff drum.

Thousands of posts, so little to say. Might be time to switch up the call in show you get your info from.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781271 is a reply to message #780293 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Anyone else get major Jerred Smithson vibes from these Glendening rumours!?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781275 is a reply to message #781271 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 06:15

Anyone else get major Jerred Smithson vibes from these Glendening rumours!?

64% faceoffs. Holland knows the player well. Checks out. 2 2nd round picks. Get'er done

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781317 is a reply to message #781275 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I think the Oilers could use some help with their PK and especially with PK faceoffs. The Oilers PK was really good last year with Sheahan who was excellent on faceoffs but took a dip when he left. the issue with Sheahan was 5 on 5 he was a disaster. So I do not think Glendening is the guy they are looking for because he like Sheahan is not great 5 on 5.

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781319 is a reply to message #781317 ]
Mon, 29 March 2021 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 29 March 2021 13:52

I think the Oilers could use some help with their PK and especially with PK faceoffs. The Oilers PK was really good last year with Sheahan who was excellent on faceoffs but took a dip when he left. the issue with Sheahan was 5 on 5 he was a disaster. So I do not think Glendening is the guy they are looking for because he like Sheahan is not great 5 on 5.

Jerred Smithson all over again.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781905 is a reply to message #780293 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Athletic article on this. No good news here:

https://theathletic.com/2495514/?redirected=1

Apparently the Oilers aren't willing to trade any of Bouchard, Broberg, Holloway or the 2021 first round pick. They don't have much cap space and don't have a lot of ideas as to how they can get more. They're not in on Taylor Hall. And why?

Well this, according to Daniel Nugent-Bowman:

Quote:

The reason: The Oilers don’t see themselves as a top-five team in the NHL, a truly elite Stanley Cup contender where a player who could be bought with a first-round pick (and potentially more) could push them over the edge. They have been making strides in the Holland era, but there’s more room to go.

This is pretty idiotic thinking - both A) that you need to be a top-flight team in order to strengthen for a playoff run - remember 2006 when the Oilers were the 8th place team in the West and fell two goals short of a Stanley Cup? and B) if you have two of the top five players in the league in the prime of their careers, then you are absolutely a contender. If you aren't that is on management and should be considered a failure by Holland, Lowe, Nicholson and friends.

On top of that, we have assets, especially on defence, that will never be worth as much as they are now. We cannot develop all the LHD in-house, and so we have pieces we SHOULD be looking to move. The first round pick should absolutely be in play. It's going to be in the second half of the first round, and whoever we get won't be worth talking about for years yet. It wasn't ever forecasted to be a deep draft, and now there's all the uncertainty around not seeing most of these kids play this year, so why not move it?

I will be annoyed if Holland just stands pat come deadline day next week...

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781906 is a reply to message #781905 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 11:22

Apparently the Oilers aren't willing to trade any of Bouchard, Broberg, Holloway or the 2021 first round pick. They don't have much cap space and don't have a lot of ideas as to how they can get more. They're not in on Taylor Hall. And why?

Quote:

The reason: The Oilers don’t see themselves as a top-five team in the NHL, a truly elite Stanley Cup contender where a player who could be bought with a first-round pick (and potentially more) could push them over the edge. They have been making strides in the Holland era, but there’s more room to go.

This is pretty idiotic thinking - both A) that you need to be a top-flight team in order to strengthen for a playoff run - remember 2006 when the Oilers were the 8th place team in the West and fell two goals short of a Stanley Cup? and B) if you have two of the top five players in the league in the prime of their careers, then you are absolutely a contender. If you aren't that is on management and should be considered a failure by Holland, Lowe, Nicholson and friends.

On top of that, we have assets, especially on defence, that will never be worth as much as they are now. We cannot develop all the LHD in-house, and so we have pieces we SHOULD be looking to move. The first round pick should absolutely be in play. It's going to be in the second half of the first round, and whoever we get won't be worth talking about for years yet. It wasn't ever forecasted to be a deep draft, and now there's all the uncertainty around not seeing most of these kids play this year, so why not move it?

Adam for GM, with right hand man and Assistant GM and Governor of Must Oscargasm. The campaign trail starts now.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781911 is a reply to message #781905 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Quote:

Damn near anything can happen if you get to the final 4. And how could we not think that is in reach this season? We're 100% confident that the Leafs are unbeatable? The team that hasn't won a playoff series since before the iphone existed?

Team never fails to disappoint.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Trade Deadline 2021 - Speculation/Proposals [message #781914 is a reply to message #781911 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 12:19

Quote:

Damn near anything can happen if you get to the final 4. And how could we not think that is in reach this season? We're 100% confident that the Leafs are unbeatable? The team that hasn't won a playoff series since before the iphone existed?

Team never fails to disappoint.

It's pretty baffling. Do they think they need to be challenging for the President's Trophy to get a crack at the Stanley Cup?!

Toronto's had their share of slumps this year too and some inconsistent goaltending at times. There's a chance you don't even face them if Price or Hellebucyk were to get hot in Round 1. The team is currently 11th in points, tied for 10th in wins, tied for 6th in goals for (with Toronto) and 12th in goal differential. Oh yeah, and we have the top two scorers in the entire league. The only thing that makes me think we don't stand a chance this year is goaltending - but if the management believes in the netminding then they should be going for it.

And if they don't believe in the goaltending, then they should get a goalie and go for it.

Pages (5): [1  2  3  4  5  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Left Wing Option Next Season - Slepyshev?
Next Topic:Your hopes for Oiler 2021 Trade Deadline?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca