This day on August 16
Departed: Dick Tarnstrom (2006)

Happy Birthday To: devo, Hemsky83, cableguy, shootsaverebound, GoBlues39, ArcticFlyerFan, LovinOil, jackrobert

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » What happened to Oscar?Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 What happened to Oscar? [message #708979]
Sun, 11 February 2018 00:47 Go to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

He looks completely lost out there right now. Is his hockey IQ just THAT low, or is he suffering from some sort of chronic brain cramp malady?

Watching him completely leave Hertl open tonight was just infuriating. He is making indefensible plays, over and over and over again.

Oscar and Cam are by far the biggest disappointments of this season for me.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #708981 is a reply to message #708979 ]
Sun, 11 February 2018 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Sun, 11 February 2018 00:47

He looks completely lost out there right now. Is his hockey IQ just THAT low, or is he suffering from some sort of chronic brain cramp malady?

Watching him completely leave Hertl open tonight was just infuriating. He is making indefensible plays, over and over and over again.

Both have had injury issues. Both have played through said injury issues. Both probably should have taken more time off.

The system doesn't help with Klefbom either. From day one this year, the Oilers have tried to shoot from the top of the zone the second the defenceman has the puck, with no regard for whether there's a guy in front. The coaches are calling for players to race to get that shot off as quick as possible, and you can see the results in the numbers.

Last year, in 80 games, Klefbom had 201 shots and a 6.0% shooting percentage. This year, his shooting rate has increased - he's had 150 shots in 50 games - on pace for about 240 on the year...but his shooting percentage has dropped off to 2.0%. That ties his career low, from his first full season in the league.

Assuming we get a coaching change this summer, I think Klefbom will be primed for a bounce-back year, especially if he's allowed to properly rehab his injury. Of course, given that the team loves to trade players at their historical low, he may be wearing a different jersey as he bounces back...

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #708987 is a reply to message #708981 ]
Sun, 11 February 2018 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 11 February 2018 01:02

The system doesn't help with Klefbom either. From day one this year, the Oilers have tried to shoot from the top of the zone the second the defenceman has the puck, with no regard for whether there's a guy in front. The coaches are calling for players to race to get that shot off as quick as possible, and you can see the results in the numbers.

Last year, in 80 games, Klefbom had 201 shots and a 6.0% shooting percentage. This year, his shooting rate has increased - he's had 150 shots in 50 games - on pace for about 240 on the year...but his shooting percentage has dropped off to 2.0%. That ties his career low, from his first full season in the league.

I remember an interview earlier this year where he said he was having problems with his slap shot because of an upper body injury. But he's also been shooting at crests without screens all season and, like you say, it looks like it's part of some kind of coaching strategy. Not effective at all, in the same interview he admitted being out of shape at the start of the season.

If we count last year as his first real season, hopefully this is just a sophomore jinx or a playoff hangover.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #708982 is a reply to message #708979 ]
Sun, 11 February 2018 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

4 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Sat, 10 February 2018 23:47

Man I'm with you there. I don't think its recent. He's always seemed to be a little dopey out there to me, the boy is not a quick thinker. Slow to react, and boots are too slow to recover.

Not sure what to do with him. You can train physically to get faster, but what do you do to think faster and smarter, you'd think it would be good coaching...

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #708986 is a reply to message #708982 ]
Sun, 11 February 2018 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

1 Cup

I'm guessing he is fighting a injury. Seems slow. Isn't very physical. Always tries for the easy play. Almost like he is nursing something. He's too good to be playing this way for no reason.

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #708993 is a reply to message #708986 ]
Sun, 11 February 2018 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Sun, 11 February 2018 03:34

I'm guessing he is fighting a injury. Seems slow. Isn't very physical. Always tries for the easy play. Almost like he is nursing something. He's too good to be playing this way for no reason.

He’s good, but he’s just not a smart hockey player.

Hopefully he’s just a slower learner and he can work it out of his game like Niinimaa started to do after considerable time. It’s not just in his own end either. He can be a offensive simpleton. He often turns what is shaping up to be a Grade A chance into nothing.

Some players can’t get faster. Some players hands can only be so good. I hope he starts to learn. If it’s confidence at the NHL level, I hope he finds it here in Edmonton before this org flushes him down the toilet in a bad deal.

Limecat Logic

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709001 is a reply to message #708993 ]
Sun, 11 February 2018 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

g2k wrote on Sun, 11 February 2018 09:14

Hopefully he’s just a slower learner and he can work it out of his game like Niinimaa started to do after considerable time. It’s not just in his own end either. He can be a offensive simpleton. He often turns what is shaping up to be a Grade A chance into nothing.

Some players can’t get faster. Some players hands can only be so good. I hope he starts to learn. If it’s confidence at the NHL level, I hope he finds it here in Edmonton before this org flushes him down the toilet in a bad deal.

I don't buy that for a second. He was our best dman last year. I think a drop off like this runs deeper then he just suddenly forgot to play hockey.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709006 is a reply to message #709001 ]
Sun, 11 February 2018 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Sun, 11 February 2018 12:59

g2k wrote on Sun, 11 February 2018 09:14

I don't buy that for a second. He was our best dman last year. I think a drop off like this runs deeper then he just suddenly forgot to play hockey.

He certainly did play with a lot more confidence in his game last year. There were head scratchers some nights, but easier to forget with his overall play.

I guess it’s easy to overlook how badly his injury is hampering him without knowing how bad it actually is. Hopefully they are not using him foolishly. The season is a wash anyway.

Limecat Logic

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709007 is a reply to message #708979 ]
Sun, 11 February 2018 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Someone pointed out his infection a couple years ago after a simple surgery. I wonder if he is just super scared of getting any surgery again unless it's absolutely necessary, even though it could have been the best way to fix his shoulder injury from last playoffs.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709036 is a reply to message #708979 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

I think most of us are speculating that there are nagging injuries but aside from that brief stint where he missed some games, there hasn't been much of substance, much information about player ailments.

Confidence is a fragile thing. You combine that with any sort of injury, and the team having a bad year, it's going to make for a tough situation. Just hope he can have bounce back year next season. Hope for the best is all we can do really, cuz it's not pretty right now.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709039 is a reply to message #709036 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

philly boy wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 09:54

I think most of us are speculating that there are nagging injuries but aside from that brief stint where he missed some games, there hasn't been much of substance, much information about player ailments.

Confidence is a fragile thing. You combine that with any sort of injury, and the team having a bad year, it's going to make for a tough situation. Just hope he can have bounce back year next season. Hope for the best is all we can do really, cuz it's not pretty right now.

Here's an article talking about his shoulder from late December. Basically, he's been hurt all year and says it's taken a toll on his play.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3936951/oscar-klefbom-ready-to-re turn-after-missing-last-3-edmonton-oilers-games/

Quote:

Oscar Klefbom should return from a shoulder injury Friday night when the Edmonton Oilers host the Chicago Blackhawks.

Klefbom only missed three games, but he hasn’t been right all season.

“It’s been a rough season,” Klefbom said on Thursday. “There’s been a lot of medication and tough games.”

Edmonton Oilers’ win streak ends in Winnipeg
Edmonton Oilers win fourth straight as Connor McDavid limps off after blocked shot
“He’s had some problems, not severe enough to keep him out of the lineup, but bad enough to affect his play,” head coach Todd McLellan said. “He needed this time. He looks a lot more chipper. He looks a little more confident now.”

Klefbom got an injection in the shoulder last week. He originally started having issues with it in the 2017 playoffs. It limited him physically and took a bite out of his confidence as well.

“It’s pretty tough when you know you’re not 100 per cent,” Klefbom said.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709040 is a reply to message #709039 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 10:33

Here's an article talking about his shoulder from late December. Basically, he's been hurt all year and says it's taken a toll on his play.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3936951/oscar-klefbom-ready-to-re turn-after-missing-last-3-edmonton-oilers-games/

Quote:

Oscar Klefbom should return from a shoulder injury Friday night when the Edmonton Oilers host the Chicago Blackhawks.

“It’s been a rough season,” Klefbom said on Thursday. “There’s been a lot of medication and tough games.”

Edmonton Oilers win fourth straight as Connor McDavid limps off after blocked shot
“He’s had some problems, not severe enough to keep him out of the lineup, but bad enough to affect his play,” head coach Todd McLellan said. “He needed this time. He looks a lot more chipper. He looks a little more confident now.”

Klefbom got an injection in the shoulder last week. He originally started having issues with it in the 2017 playoffs. It limited him physically and took a bite out of his confidence as well.

I vaguely recall this. As you said, this occurred back in December. Back when there was still a shred of hope. They made their "run" and playoffs are out of the picture. If this is still the case, why not shut him down for the season?

[Updated on: Mon, 12 February 2018 11:25]

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709041 is a reply to message #709039 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 10:33

Quote:

Chia talked about how they have been trying to help him through an injury all year too I believe.

I expect both Klef and Sek to have good bounce back years next season. Just hope it's under a better coaching staff too.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709042 is a reply to message #709041 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 11:31

I expect both Klef and Sek to have good bounce back years next season. Just hope it's under a better coaching staff too.

You may want to clarify that wish when it comes to Klefbom...

The Oilers may very well make it come true, just not the way you hope for...

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709043 is a reply to message #709042 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 11:34

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 11:31

You may want to clarify that wish when it comes to Klefbom...

The Oilers may very well make it come true, just not the way you hope for...

I actually thought that right after I wrote it, but didn't feel like making the edit :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709044 is a reply to message #709042 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

Who needs him? K Lowe the 2nd is chomping at his heels anyways.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709047 is a reply to message #709044 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

So we're risking the long term health of one of our best defensemen for what? More reasons to ax them. How far up their fudgeknots is their brains?

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709048 is a reply to message #709047 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

If Klef does in fact need shoulder surgery there is absolutely no reason not to have him do that right now. Maybe they're preceding in hopes that he doesn't require surgery?

Death by a Thousand Cuts

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709050 is a reply to message #709048 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

You think the greatest team in history didn't play through a couple injuries? Guy needs to man up if he doesn't want to get traded to a less prestigious franchise.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709051 is a reply to message #709050 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 13:28

You think the greatest team in history didn't play through a couple injuries? Guy needs to man up if he doesn't want to get traded to a less prestigious franchise.

Found Sheldon Souray's username.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Drink wine, fall faster, and fly. Fly, baby, fly.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709054 is a reply to message #709050 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Hey Eddie Shore. Can you hear us back there in the 50's. Look at how valuable of an asset players are. Is it worth risking the long term value of said asset by playing him hurt during a lost season. My only guess is the Oilers are hushing it up cause they want to move him now.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709056 is a reply to message #709054 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Oh did i forget to use the sarcasm font?

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709060 is a reply to message #709056 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 14:10

It's getting harder to tell nowadays really. The line between sarcasm and genuine idiocy is getting harder to distinguish. Good show old boy. You got me!

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711115 is a reply to message #709056 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 13:10

Poe's Law is irrefutable.

Wins in a row the Oilers need to get to playoff pace: infinity
games!!

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709087 is a reply to message #709054 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 14:01

My only guess is the Oilers are hushing it up cause they want to move him now.

Ugh. My heart sank from reading this.

It’s quite plausible given the people driving this crazy train.

I’m starting to wonder where my final straw is with this team. I feel it’s near.

Limecat Logic

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709052 is a reply to message #709048 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 13:22

If Klef does in fact need shoulder surgery there is absolutely no reason not to have him do that right now. Maybe they're preceding in hopes that he doesn't require surgery?

Can't force a guy to have surgery. I honestly wonder if Klef is afraid to go through something again like he did with his ankle. Maybe his body just really sucks at dealing with infections.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709090 is a reply to message #709052 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 13:51

Gator21 wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 13:22

Can't force a guy to have surgery. I honestly wonder if Klef is afraid to go through something again like he did with his ankle. Maybe his body just really sucks at dealing with infections.

There was a time prior to last year where I thought the Oilers should trade Klefbom strictly because I didn't have confidence in his ability to stay healthy. He's missed A LOT of time in his career, and if it is the cause of his play this year, then it is both understandable and a concern.

I'm not in a place where I think they should trade Klefbom right now; he has a sweetheart deal when his game is on. But it is a troubling aspect to Oscar.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709037 is a reply to message #708979 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

He needs to be on the IR, his shoulder is messed up..

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709038 is a reply to message #709037 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 10:02

He needs to be on the IR, his shoulder is messed up..

Ah the traditional Oilers shoulder injury. It's looking more and more like he'll get the Nuge treatment.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Drink wine, fall faster, and fly. Fly, baby, fly.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #709059 is a reply to message #708979 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve  is currently offline Steve

No Cups

He has some brain cramps (always has), but most NHL D-men do from time to time. Larsson is considered a good defensive d-man, but even he has bad games sometimes.

The problem this year for Oscar is that the bad is outweighing the good. I can't for certain state that his defense has gotten worse (I remember the brain cramps happening before), but it's obvious his offense is hurting. Where did his slapshot go? That was a killer weapon last year. Now it's nowhere to be found. It has to be an injury.

Don't trade Kelfbom please. He will get better. Nurse and Klefbom can be a great 1/2 on the left side for years to come. Sekera should recover from his injury too, but he's not getting younger. If they trade Kelfbom for a winger, it will create a hole on left D.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Calvin

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711296 is a reply to message #709059 ]
Tue, 06 March 2018 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Steve wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 14:13

He has some brain cramps (always has), but most NHL D-men do from time to time. Larsson is considered a good defensive d-man, but even he has bad games sometimes.

The problem this year for Oscar is that the bad is outweighing the good. I can't for certain state that his defense has gotten worse (I remember the brain cramps happening before), but it's obvious his offense is hurting. Where did his slapshot go? That was a killer weapon last year. Now it's nowhere to be found. It has to be an injury.

Don't trade Kelfbom please. He will get better. Nurse and Klefbom can be a great 1/2 on the left side for years to come. Sekera should recover from his injury too, but he's not getting younger. If they trade Kelfbom for a winger, it will create a hole on left D.

I agree, trading him would be another mistake at this point. A nagging injury could lead to tentative play which could lead to what looks like full blown brain cramps and lack of confidence, but until he is 100% again we won't know for sure. The season is lost anyway, rest him if you have to.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711113 is a reply to message #708979 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Reid Wilkins @ReidWilkins
Klefbom says his shoulder feels good, but he says he'd prefer not to go to Worlds so he can get in a good summer of rehab.

So, "feels good", but needs a summer of rehab still.

I dunno, that doesn't actually sound very promising. Really sounds like he needs a surgery to actually fix what is wrong.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711114 is a reply to message #711113 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilMJMOil  is currently offline OilMJMOil

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 14:16

Reid Wilkins @ReidWilkins
Klefbom says his shoulder feels good, but he says he'd prefer not to go to Worlds so he can get in a good summer of rehab.

So, "feels good", but needs a summer of rehab still.

I dunno, that doesn't actually sound very promising. Really sounds like he needs a surgery to actually fix what is wrong.

Sounds like he needs to be shut down, for the season. Seriously.

2016: We need to get heavier, and we need a defenseman!

2018: We need to get faster, and we need a defenseman!

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711117 is a reply to message #711114 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

I am glad that Klefbom doesn't intend on going to the worlds. If he was thinking about it, I would hope the team tells him a flat out no freaking chance. He needs to do whatever the hell he has too, to get right.

Klefbom is becoming a concern to me. First, he has been hurt more than he has been healthy so I hope he isn't one of those who get's hurt constantly. Secondly, I am worry about his defensive decision making. If it's his shoulder that has been a problem early on, that would affect him shooting wise but it shouldn't affect his decision making. He gets caught WAY too much either not picking up the man, being in no mans land, making incorrect reads or flat out doing dumb things defensively.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 March 2018 13:37]

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711120 is a reply to message #711117 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 14:33

He needs to do whatever the hell he has too, to get right.

Like shutting it down for the remainder of this season. If he doesn't feel comfortable playing past April 7, why risk more damage playing out the remainder of this season?

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711121 is a reply to message #711120 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 13:38

Like shutting it down for the remainder of this season. If he doesn't feel comfortable playing past April 7, why risk more damage playing out the remainder of this season?

When Larsson is back, I don't know why the Oilers wouldn't consider shutting down either Sekera or Klefbom. If they're playing hurt, what's the point? It's not like it's going to save the season.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711122 is a reply to message #711121 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 13:41

When Larsson is back, I don't know why the Oilers wouldn't consider shutting down either Sekera or Klefbom. If they're playing hurt, what's the point? It's not like it's going to save the season.

There are a couple big jobs on the line though :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711124 is a reply to message #711121 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 14:41

Agreed - Larsson is back, not expected to play tonight though. Them getting hurt (further) now just lessens their trade value for Captain Harvard to acquire more NCAA players.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711136 is a reply to message #708979 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

4 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Sat, 10 February 2018 23:47

He looks completely lost out there right now. 1) Is his hockey IQ just THAT low, or 2) is he suffering from some sort of chronic brain cramp malady?

Watching him completely leave Hertl open tonight was just infuriating. 3) He is making indefensible plays, over and over and over again.

Oscar and Cam are 4) by far the biggest disappointments of this season for me.

1) Yes, and 2) Yes. I don't buy his shoulder injury being that big a factor in his performance, his worst problem is his repetitive brain cramps and game IQ .. unless of course he's suffering continual concussion symptoms as well.

3) Agree and 4) Agree, except I'd throw in Lucic in there as well

[Updated on: Tue, 06 March 2018 14:08]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #711208 is a reply to message #711136 ]
Tue, 06 March 2018 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

Admin please delete this thread. Klefbom is clearly fixed after last night.

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Winds of Change
Next Topic:Leafs Nation trolls the Oilers
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca