This day on August 15
Acquired: Ken Solheim (1985)

Happy Birthday To: Oilforever, Smytty97, recon929, OvenChicken8

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496322 is a reply to message #496285 ]
Tue, 06 October 2009 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

The Oiler's looked solid again. Lot's of physical play.
I dunno about Souray fighting if he ever injured his hands that would really hurt our team but he did make a clown out of his opponent.

The only thing I say is the Oilers really need to make a trade for a shut down defenseman. Along the lines of a Volchenkov type player, someone to really block those shots and get that puck out of there and deliver those big checks.
We have 4 quality puck moving defensemen, we could move one and in my opinion it would be either Grebeshkov or Visnovsky.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496324 is a reply to message #496322 ]
Tue, 06 October 2009 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jadrain  is currently offline jadrain

No Cups

NCREDiBLE wrote on Tue, 06 October 2009 23:03

The only thing I say is the Oilers really need to make a trade for a shut down defenseman. Along the lines of a Volchenkov type player, someone to really block those shots and get that puck out of there and deliver those big checks.
We have 4 quality puck moving defensemen, we could move one and in my opinion it would be either Grebeshkov or Visnovsky.

I agree with you, but i dunno if Visnovsky is the guy to move. He looks like a** so far this year coming off the major injury, but he has incredible range and puck sense when he's healthy. That, and I'm not sure you can possibly move $5.6m worth of Visnovsky with all those years at this point in the season.

Grebs is the real trade bait. When he plays like he did tonight, he's the closest thing we have to versatile real defense. One year contract, 35-40 points offense, he's got some trade value and is the main piece of what I'd flip for a serious number four defensive d-man, if a trade right now was possible, which it almost certainly isn't.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496328 is a reply to message #496324 ]
Tue, 06 October 2009 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

I think this one belongs in the not so deserving win category. Sure, they were moving but it did not seem organized.

Ninja Rating for the Game:

Guntai (Team): The great luck was very good nice surprise. Very nice to win, the trying was not as nice and game not as good nice. ***** (5 out of 10 throwing stars).

Bujinkan (Divine Warrior of the Training Hall): Penner

Naniyori Dan (Best Journeyman): Penner

Mottomo Iiya Fuka Ninja (Most Unworthy): The Wall

Mottomo Tsutanai Ninja (Most Unlucky): N/A this game was full of luck for a lot of players

Mottomo Kirai Ada (Most Hated Enemy): Mike Modanno, he wasn’t playing but I still hate him more than anyone on the Stars

Naniyori Kyu (Best Ninja Kid): Gagner, I’m glad he had a good game, otherwise I would have had to go with Nilsson, and that would have hurt

Yue Taishyte Tsuuyou (Cause for Concern):

Shots on net:

For 24
Against 34

PK

2/4

FO

Not great

-------------------------------------------------

Translation

Guntai - Team, Army
Bujinkan - Divine Warrior of the Training Hall
Nanyori - Best
Dan - Above Black Belt, Journeyman
Mottomo - Most
Iiya Fuka - Unworthy
Tsutanai - Unlucky
Kirai Ada - Hated enemy
Kyu - Below Black Belt, Learner

Rating - Out of 10 throwing stars

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496329 is a reply to message #496324 ]
Tue, 06 October 2009 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

jadrain wrote on Tue, 06 October 2009 23:11

He looks like a**

Does that mean two time All Star (a Star x 2 = a**)? The Wall looked like a two time All-Star as well tonight. I am beginning to have concern for the net, I wonder if the D is as well.

Did you notice Souray and Staios both laying down in front of the net (at the end), that seems like the type of defensive play that suggest a concern for goal tending.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496358 is a reply to message #496324 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

jadrain wrote on Tue, 06 October 2009 23:11

Grebs is the real trade bait. When he plays like he did tonight, he's the closest thing we have to versatile real defense. One year contract, 35-40 points offense, he's got some trade value and is the main piece of what I'd flip for a serious number four defensive d-man, if a trade right now was possible, which it almost certainly isn't.

I disagree.

I strongly feel that Gilbert would fetch more in a trade. Also I feel that Grebeshkov has a lot more upside than Gilbert going forward. Has a better first pass and can actually hold the blue line with some success. More dynamic with the puck in the opponents end on the powerplay too.

Although Grebs had a horrendous start last season, people seem to forget that Grebs only had 6 less points than Gilbert when the season ended. Also Grebeshkov played in 10 fewer games.

Grebs is a keeper and needs to be extended soon.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496350 is a reply to message #496322 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

The Oiler's looked solid again. Lot's of physical play.I dunno about Souray fighting if he ever injured his hands that would really hurt our team but he did make a clown out of his opponent.

It was very strange (and good) to hear the Dallas PBP talk about Dallas having to match the Oilers' intensity and win puck battles. Also good to see Edmonton owning another team in terms of faceoffs.

I also agree about the need for a shutdown guy. Staios is miscast in that role.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496354 is a reply to message #496350 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 12:49

In my opinion Staios is miscast as an NHLer, but whatever.

Just echoing most of what's already been said, but Penner, Gagner and Grebeskov looked really good. O'Sullivan's setup to Gilbert was a thing of beauty. My man-crush on Souray continues to grow.

Hemsky and Horcoff so far have pretty much been invisible.

Stone looked overwhelmed out there. Jacques, same. Moreau is not impressing me much.

I think our D would look a lot better with Staios getting swapped out for Peckham.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496376 is a reply to message #496354 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Mikey wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 10:07

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 12:49

In my opinion Staios is miscast as an NHLer, but whatever.

Just echoing most of what's already been said, but Penner, Gagner and Grebeskov looked really good. O'Sullivan's setup to Gilbert was a thing of beauty. My man-crush on Souray continues to grow.

Hemsky and Horcoff so far have pretty much been invisible.

Stone looked overwhelmed out there. Jacques, same. Moreau is not impressing me much.

I think our D would look a lot better with Staios getting swapped out for Peckham.

Moreau didn't play! It would have been hard for him to impress you hobbling around the press box.

The only problem I had with the O'Sullivan to Gilbert play is that stopping where he did, high along the boards in the offensive zone, he made that play an easy read for Turco. There was never a danger he was shooting from there. I would have liked to see him moving in on goal still, so that Turco had to respect the shot and couldn't cheat to the pass. It was a nice pass, but everyone knew where it was going.

As I said before, give Stone and Jacques a couple of games before you judge. They're not the guys who'll be playing in the last minute of games or at critical times...both really had 10 minutes of ES time last night...let's see where they're at after game 8 or 9...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496382 is a reply to message #496376 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 14:20

Moreau didn't play!

LOL - well that would explain it icon_biggrin I missed the first period, and was trying to think of something significant our captain had done and couldn't remember him doing anything (plus I'm hopped up on NyQuil)

As for Jacques and Stone - I'm not crucifying them, but both IMO just really looked overwhelmed last night.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496364 is a reply to message #496322 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

I dunno about Souray fighting if he ever injured his hands that would really hurt our team but he did make a clown out of his opponent.

I agree about moving one of the offensive D out of Grebs, Gilbert, or Vish as we got outplayed in our end in both games IMO. Getting out-muscled in our corners and not able to make that first pass out as usual.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496385 is a reply to message #496364 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

cosmicheretic wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 10:40

I agree about moving one of the offensive D out of Grebs, Gilbert, or Vish as we got outplayed in our end in both games IMO. Getting out-muscled in our corners and not able to make that first pass out as usual.

Oddly, out of these guys, Visnovsky is the most physical. Gilbert is soooooooft, pillowy soft. If he had any sand in his game whatsoever, he'd be a total keeper...but in my mind he's expendable. An opposing GM might be fool...er, impressed by his stats, so Gilbert might garner the best return.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496390 is a reply to message #496385 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 11:47

cosmicheretic wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 10:40

Oddly, out of these guys, Visnovsky is the most physical. Gilbert is soooooooft, pillowy soft. If he had any sand in his game whatsoever, he'd be a total keeper...but in my mind he's expendable. An opposing GM might be fool...er, impressed by his stats, so Gilbert might garner the best return.

If I had to trade one of those three...and I'm not convinced we have to at this point, if we manage to rid ourselves of a couple of our other contracts (Staios & Moreau to a contender looking for a little more sandpaper maybe?)...I would move Visnovsky if I could. He's great when healthy and really added a lot to the team, but Gilbert can be a 50 point defenceman in the league for a lot of years yet. He has work to do in his own zone, although already I think he's looked better than last year (although it's early to judge). Grebeshkov is about the same age, and again, could be a great contributor for a lot of years. I wish he'd have signed a longer deal than one year, but he's probably hoping to set career numbers again this season and get another raise.

Visnovsky is signed until he's 36 years old at $5.6MM a year. He'd definitely be the guy on the way out.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Count me in the Visnovsky corner... [message #496463 is a reply to message #496390 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

I think he's just as valuable to the team's success as Souray is. Backend-wise.

He's gotta good head for the game. To compete. It seems like he's often doin' things to generate opportunities. I'm sorry, I dont know how else to put it.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496334 is a reply to message #496285 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Anyone else glad to see Grebs look like the Grebs from last season, not the season before?

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496338 is a reply to message #496334 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

A win... is a win... is a win? It must be close to Halloween because that game was scary.

Still, despite the very large 4.5 million scary reasons I have for the net, this team's play is so much better than last season. If they didn't win, I still would have said this team looks 1000% better than they have in the past 8 years combined and this is including the cinderella run.

It just looks like a better team. Structured, and fights for each second with the puck. They don't curl up and die if they are down a goal, and they should hold their head up high after each tying goal.

You gotta love Quinn's reaction after every goal, his shaking of the head and flushed look on his face shows some fire in that man's belly.

The net, I have a huge concern there, I thought we were done in the shootout. Khabi has shown me nothing to make me think he's a number one. Goal's are weak and stoppable, he goes to where he thinks the puck should be, not where it's going. This is a deflection based game now Khabi, man up. Very shaky in nets. If there was a major glaring concern for this team it's what's covering the net. Really shaky by far and no, I'm not counting the flub on Saturday, I'm counting every game I saw in the preseason to now.

Still if Khabi can find his game like it was in Chicago, and JDD pushes him to be better by being better himself, that situation just may correct itself.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496351 is a reply to message #496334 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkknight  is currently offline darkknight

No Cups

Good Stuff:

Penner- Nice hands
Cogs- Amazing pass
Souray- The James Bond of Hockey
Gagner- Get him off that crap line!

Bad Stuff

Jacques- I don't think he even really saw the ice in the 3rd period. Terrible.
Horcoff- Would have been fine if he was getting paid 2.5 mill and not 7.
Bulin- Some good saves down the stretch but really shaky and looking behing himself often to see if the puck went in.

He shoots, he Sykoras

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496336 is a reply to message #496285 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azashi  is currently offline azashi

No Cups

Aaaargh. Jacques is punishing me already for having faith in his break-out season. I don't think I heard his name once on the radio in any significant play.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496343 is a reply to message #496336 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cableguy  is currently offline cableguy

No Cups

azashi wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 08:17

Aaaargh. Jacques is punishing me already for having faith in his break-out season. I don't think I heard his name once on the radio in any significant play.

Yup, I think there are a lot of people who bought into his pre-season play and took him as a sleeper in a pool. He looked a little out of place last night, I think he gets another shot against the Flames before the plug is pulled.

Still jaded but we've got McDavid

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496356 is a reply to message #496343 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swany  is currently offline swany

No Cups

cableguy wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 08:58

azashi wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 08:17

Yup, I think there are a lot of people who bought into his pre-season play and took him as a sleeper in a pool. He looked a little out of place last night, I think he gets another shot against the Flames before the plug is pulled.

Penner replaced JFJ on the 1st line about half way threw the 3rd. I don't see him comming off that line, if he can handle the pressure he is the best option. He is in shape this year so he should be able to keep up with Hemmer. Also I would put Penner there to see if he can start the 1st line up Horc has been brutal and Hemmer is not himself. Gagner has came out and played like a man that wants to be on the first line a couple more games like this from Horc and gagner I could see Quinn trying to switch them.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496359 is a reply to message #496356 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

1 Cup

I really hope our goalie gets better. That was brutal to watch except for the shoot out. Our top line, you mean 4th line? They need to step up and figure out JFJ is not a top line player. Hemsky needs to show up to games.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496360 is a reply to message #496285 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

Nice to get a wing, but pretty sloppy. Thoughts:

The Good:

- getting some lucky bounces of our own
- showing some fight and the ability to come back
- I liked Penner;s game again
- I am developing a small man-crush on Stone (credited with 6 hits!)
- I thought Nilsson looked pretty good
- Grebeshkov looked much better
- Comrie, Brule, and Horcoff on the dot
- we threw more hits this game than against Calgary (awesome)
- the Souray fight

The Bad:

- JFJ - Horcoff - Hemsky (so far they are -5 with one point between them)
- O'Sullivan on the dot
- special teams in general; yes we got a couple, but against a very weak set of D-men, and they scored a shortie (always hurts)
- Stortini on the PP

The Ugly:

- Horcoff with the puck
- Horcoff with the puck (it's worth saying twice)

A good win, but if we can shore up a couple of things we could be quite good. Special teams need work. In particular the PK; I think the PP is going to be OK.

I don't think JFJ is on the 1st line any more, and I don't think he should be. That just does not seem to be working. I would like to see Penner be there, and he was for the end of the game, but I also recall him saying he does not think he plays well with them.

Yet again I find myself being happy that we came back for the win. That is what good teams do, they find a way to win and they never quit. Quinn has changed the mentality of the team. Now he just needs to get them looking a little more organized.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496365 is a reply to message #496360 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Sorry, I should have also put Staios in "The Ugly" section. He was atrocious.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496370 is a reply to message #496365 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkknight  is currently offline darkknight

No Cups

Horcoff and Jacques need to be off that top line. It is barely operating at a 3rd line quality right now.

Horcoff's only slightly redeeming quality was faceoffs in game one but i see he went 50/50 game 2 so he doesn't even have that anymore.

Leave Penner off that line unless he double shifts occassionaly. He's having success so don't mess with it!

He shoots, he Sykoras

That Neal goal especially, eh? [message #496465 is a reply to message #496365 ]
Thu, 08 October 2009 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Staios just got owned on that one.

Sad to say, but the game is slowly passsing the core member by.

Little by little.

Re: That Neal goal especially, eh? [message #496475 is a reply to message #496465 ]
Thu, 08 October 2009 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

AY wrote on Thu, 08 October 2009 03:04

If by slow you mean F1 Ferrari, then I completely agree. He's been 2 steps behind the last 3 years. It ain't getting any better - and we still have ANOTHER year after this one at $2.7.

Re: That Neal goal especially, eh? [message #496497 is a reply to message #496475 ]
Thu, 08 October 2009 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Mikey wrote on Thu, 08 October 2009 07:33

If by slow you mean F1 Ferrari, then I completely agree. He's been 2 steps behind the last 3 years. It ain't getting any better - and we still have ANOTHER year after this one at $2.7.

Boy that Kevin guy sure was brilliant.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam

Re: That Neal goal especially, eh? [message #496501 is a reply to message #496475 ]
Thu, 08 October 2009 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mikey wrote on Thu, 08 October 2009 07:33

Well, at a cap hit of $2.7...technically, he'll only make a paltry $2.2MM.

Sounds like there's a good chance he's out tonight though. Bell rung by that big hit he absorbed in the third. Why he was out there in OT with his bell rung, I am not quite sure. That seems like a point where they should have let him rest.

I don't really know, man... [message #496548 is a reply to message #496501 ]
Thu, 08 October 2009 14:30 Go to previous message

1 Cup

maybe no one could tell the difference between a clearheaded Staios and a slighty woozy one? ; )

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496369 is a reply to message #496360 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cableguy  is currently offline cableguy

No Cups

I would agree except I thought Nilsson was not good, had an assist but it was all Penner on that goal. I didn't think Hemmer was bad either especially since Jacques was lost and Horcoff, as you pointed out, was Terrible. Staios was brutal as well. 2 games in and a 500 record isn't the worst thing in the world.

Still jaded but we've got McDavid

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #496373 is a reply to message #496369 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hemshkee  is currently offline hemshkee

No Cups

Hemsky is a passer. One of the best at that. He is playing with a 4th liner, and one of the best 3rd line centres in the league if he played there. It is pathetic. The only criticism I have on Quinn is his misuse of hemmer so far.

Penner-Gagner-Hemsky

Please! We know Gagner wont last on that 4th line, and Horcoff has been by far our worst foreward. The play dies with him everytime he gets the puck.

Hemsky is re-inventing his game. He is agressive now without the puck. That is a huge change. We know he needs to get in a groove to get his magic going, and he will soon, but in the meantime, he is learning to play (not defensive hockey) but on the other side of the puck.
This will be his year once he gets going.
Right now Hemsky is on the real 4th line, not Gagner

That Souray fight was gold [message #496375 is a reply to message #496360 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SunshinesDad  is currently offline SunshinesDad

No Cups

[quote title=oilerinvan wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 10:32]
- the Souray fight

What in the world was that bum from Dallas doing? At the start it looked like he was a fighter then he completely turned into a big rag doll scared crapless.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-3PCGZ_c0m91rN7zn75aow

Re: That Souray fight was gold [message #496377 is a reply to message #496375 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azashi  is currently offline azashi

No Cups

You know, you gotta give him credit at least for letting Souray take his brace off. That's classy.

Re: That Souray fight was gold [message #496380 is a reply to message #496377 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

azashi wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 11:23

You know, you gotta give him credit at least for letting Souray take his brace off. That's classy.

After the speculation that Souray's brace was responsible for some of the damage when he destroyed the Minnesota player last year, Barch may have let him take it off as a favour to himself...one that paid off when all he did was catch punches.

As much fun as that fight was to watch, I really wish Souray wouldn't fight fourth liners though. Dallas had to be pretty happy to see our top defenceman leave for five minutes with their plug. If he wants to kick Iginla's arse, fine...but let Stortini fight the no-names.

Re: That Souray fight was gold [message #496383 is a reply to message #496380 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 11:35

azashi wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 11:23

After the speculation that Souray's brace was responsible for some of the damage when he destroyed the Minnesota player last year, Barch may have let him take it off as a favour to himself...one that paid off when all he did was catch punches.

As much fun as that fight was to watch, I really wish Souray wouldn't fight fourth liners though. Dallas had to be pretty happy to see our top defenceman leave for five minutes with their plug. If he wants to kick Iginla's arse, fine...but let Stortini fight the no-names.

Iginla -Souray would be a great fight. Iginla is tough, but I could see him getting worked by Souray.

I think when Souray man-handles a guy like that it helps to inflate our team and deflates theirs. I agree, I would not want to see Souray do this nightly, but every now and again is sure fun to watch.

Re: That Souray fight was gold [message #496378 is a reply to message #496375 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

SunshinesDad wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 11:18

What in the world was that bum from Dallas doing? At the start it looked like he was a fighter then he completely turned into a big rag doll scared crapless.

The only thing I can figure is that it threw him off how calm Souray was when he said he needed to take off the wrist guard before he pummelled him. Awesome.

I really don't know why guys not named Boogard or Laraque would fight Souray. I really don't. There is tonnes of footage of him destroying Weller, Sarich, Ohlund, McCarty... He annihiltaes everyone he fights. You would think the rest of the guys in the league would know this.

Souray is a total stud. We are very lucky that he chose to sign with the Oilers.

Re: That Souray fight was gold [message #496398 is a reply to message #496378 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nickxero  is currently offline nickxero

No Cups

Shaky win... but I really appreciated what a Moreau-less Oilers looks like again.

Vision of a hopeful future?

Souray for Captain.

"Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable." -Conn Smythe

Re: That Souray fight was gold [message #496414 is a reply to message #496398 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hemshkee  is currently offline hemshkee

No Cups

Are there still worries about Souray wanting to leave? I really wanna get 44 on the ol silks, but I'm worried about the rumers

Re: That Souray fight was gold [message #496418 is a reply to message #496414 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

hemshkee wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 14:06

Are there still worries about Souray wanting to leave? I really wanna get 44 on the ol silks, but I'm worried about the rumers

I really don't think there was any validity to him saying he wanted to be traded. I think he may have said he was not happy with how things went last season on a number of issues, but that is not the same thing as wanting to be traded.

Re: That Souray fight was gold [message #496419 is a reply to message #496414 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beerfish Revisited  is currently offline Beerfish Revisited

1 Cup

He he he:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VYUgShrTdY

[Updated on: Wed, 07 October 2009 14:50]

Oh yeah... [message #496464 is a reply to message #496419 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

1 Cup

to steal Chris Rock material, when the tiger goes tiger, you don't blame the tiger.

The Oilers, hell any team needs that... to feel 25 lbs. heavier and three inches taller.

Re: That Souray fight was gold [message #496458 is a reply to message #496398 ]
Wed, 07 October 2009 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

nickxero wrote on Wed, 07 October 2009 12:33

Shaky win... but I really appreciated what a Moreau-less Oilers looks like again.

Vision of a hopeful future?

Souray for Captain.

Agreed and I also agree with the post for Penner-Gags-Hemmer as the top line. JFJoke and Horcs don't belong there and severely limit Hemsky's production.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Next Topic:GDT: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca