This day on August 15
Acquired: Ken Solheim (1985)

Happy Birthday To: Oilforever, Smytty97, recon929, OvenChicken8

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446698 is a reply to message #446687 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc  is currently offline Marc

No Cups

skoobz2001 wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 22:22

Longcat wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 20:20

Brady Schenn? Evander Kane? Hell how about Tavares? See we have things to cheer about. icon_biggrin

Evander Kane is the greatest name I've ever heard. It's so great, I thought it was made up.

It's like Evander Holyfield + Patrick Kane.

If schenn is as good as his brother then take him if available

"Third? Not third in the West, either? Overall? I think that... well. marijuana's legal in some areas." Whitney on Oilers being ranked #3 by SI

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446716 is a reply to message #446698 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Longcat  is currently offline Longcat

No Cups

marco polo wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 21:31

skoobz2001 wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 22:22

Brady Schenn? Evander Kane? Hell how about Tavares? See we have things to cheer about. icon_biggrin

Evander Kane is the greatest name I've ever heard. It's so great, I thought it was made up.

It's like Evander Holyfield + Patrick Kane.

If schenn is as good as his brother then take him if available

Would you believe me if I said he was better? He's a point machine forward.

Get Ottawa's first rounder for Penner and you can take Stefan Elliot as well in the first round.

Somewhere out there, speeds is cooking up fantasies just like that.

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 14:57

I'm just going to say it, this Longcat fellow is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446697 is a reply to message #446685 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

1 Cup

Count me in for Victor Hedman. He injured his shoulder recently but they are saying he should be in for the Swedes at the WJCs (which he played in last year, as a 16 year old I think, and looked like a top end player).

At least we have our own first round pic this year...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446713 is a reply to message #446697 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Longcat  is currently offline Longcat

No Cups

Superintendent wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 21:28

Count me in for Victor Hedman. He injured his shoulder recently but they are saying he should be in for the Swedes at the WJCs (which he played in last year, as a 16 year old I think, and looked like a top end player).

We don't need no damn pussy swede. Let Columbus have him.

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 14:57

I'm just going to say it, this Longcat fellow is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446765 is a reply to message #446713 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raggamuffin Rascal  is currently offline Raggamuffin Rascal

No Cups

Longcat wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 20:39

Superintendent wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 21:28

We don't need no damn pussy swede. Let Columbus have him.

Is that how you describe a guy like Lidstrom?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446768 is a reply to message #446765 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beerfish Revisited  is currently offline Beerfish Revisited

1 Cup

Detroit's a great team loaded with skill, more grit than people give them credit for and a good system. I don't think this game reflects as badly on the team and MacT as the Colorado and Toronto games. A loss tomorrow however will really bring out the wolves but the Oilers will get great goaltending from Garon and will win tomorrow. As a matter of fact I think they will win 2 or 3 in a row. They are due for a rally, they always do just when the knives are being sharpened.

Edit: Wow what a total team effort. Every single player on the Oilers was -1 except moreau, horcoff and hemksy.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 November 2008 23:07]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446771 is a reply to message #446768 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

1 Cup

Beerfish Revisited wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 22:29

Detroit's a great team loaded with skill, more grit than people give them credit for and a good system. I don't think this game reflects as badly on the team and MacT as the Colorado and Toronto games. A loss tomorrow however will really bring out the wolves but the Oilers will get great goaltending from Garon and will win tomorrow. As a matter of fact I think they will win 2 or 3 in a row. They are do for a rally, they always do just when the knives are being sharpened.

Edit: Wow what a total team effort. Every single player on the Oilers was -1 except moreau, horcoff and hemksy.

And the scary thing is, I thought Detroit let up a bit in the 3rd. Sure they tried to connect on their PP's, but other than that they just went into cruise control as to not overly embarrass a team they play in 3 days.

Had they kept their foot on the pedal, this one could have EASILY been 9-0.

I dont know man. I'm not seeing an end to this skid anytime soon. There just doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to the Oilers game plan. No composure, no system, no consistency. And so forth.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: [message #446688 is a reply to message #446638 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shootsaverebound  is currently offline shootsaverebound

No Cups

Pathetic and Sad

How many times did Pouliot miss the freakin' net?!?!?!?!!?!? Out of all the players we want to have the best scoring chances it's him!?

Something has to be done. I can't take this nonsense anymore. And why did MacT come out so early before the third period? Was it for dramatic purposes??

The only real bright spots tonight I thought were Roli and Cogs... everyone else was a joke. If only our team brought the intensity that Detroit had tonight.... it reminded me of the 2006 Oilers. Now I'm just spouting...... too pi$$ed off .. sorry

"But I say to you, Oilfans, breathe it in deeply...feel the pain and the shame and the anger...feel it all..." Mybestguess

Re: Review: [message #446706 is a reply to message #446688 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerdynasty  is currently offline oilerdynasty

No Cups

shootsaverebound wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 20:22

Pathetic and Sad

How many times did Pouliot miss the freakin' net?!?!?!?!!?!? Out of all the players we want to have the best scoring chances it's him!?

Something has to be done. I can't take this nonsense anymore. And why did MacT come out so early before the third period? Was it for dramatic purposes??

The only real bright spots tonight I thought were Roli and Cogs... everyone else was a joke. If only our team brought the intensity that Detroit had tonight.... it reminded me of the 2006 Oilers. Now I'm just spouting...... too pi$$ed off .. sorry

Brule up for Pisani.
Schremp up for Reddox.
Potulny up for Pouliot.

On the other hand, Jacques has to be getting close to coming back.

"Is your team any good?"

"No. In fact, we're so bad that we're disbanding." - Paul Newman as Reggie Dunlop in Slapshot

Re: Review: [message #446710 is a reply to message #446706 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JTC 13  is currently offline JTC 13

No Cups

Just saw MacT on sportsnet. Apparently Penner is supposed to be putting up top six numbers while placed in the bottom six by MacT. I rewinded three times and am still in shock at how clueless he is.

Hey guys. If you feel the need to put a bag over your avatars head let me know. I got a plastic one for rent!

Re: Review: [message #446808 is a reply to message #446710 ]
Tue, 18 November 2008 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod.Oracheski  is currently offline Rod.Oracheski

No Cups

JTC 13 wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 20:38

Just saw MacT on sportsnet. Apparently Penner is supposed to be putting up top six numbers while placed in the bottom six by MacT. I rewinded three times and am still in shock at how clueless he is.

Well you see, Penner has the kind of talent that should be getting him goals even when Stortini is playing as many minutes.

/MacT

Re: Review: [message #446731 is a reply to message #446706 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

Potulny does need to pass waivers as well. We don't need more of those issues.

Re: Review: [message #446737 is a reply to message #446731 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

MJ wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 20:57

uh, yeah, why call up a guy who could help when we can leave in on the farm. I mean in Springfield or another NHL team does it really matter? He doesn't help here because you didn't keep him here in the first place and kept Pouliot instead you fired him to the farm. You bring up players that can help, if you lose him it free's up a contract spot.

"Is your team any good?"

"No. In fact, we're so bad that we're disbanding." - Paul Newman as Reggie Dunlop in Slapshot

Re: Review: [message #446740 is a reply to message #446731 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

MJ wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 20:57

If a player is claimed of Waivers dont they have to spend a certain amount of time on the 23 man roster of the team that claimed them or they are returned to the team they were claimed from. I think this would be enough for a team not to bother with an unproven player like Poultny.

Hey guys. If you feel the need to put a bag over your avatars head let me know. I got a plastic one for rent!

Re: Review: [message #446714 is a reply to message #446688 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Pathetic and Sad

Just to be clear, Roli was down and out and not even facing the shooter on the 1st goal, and I still don't know how he faked himself out on the 4th one, down and out and again not facing the shooter.

"Is your team any good?"

Re: Review: [message #446733 is a reply to message #446714 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Roli pulled out all the stops tonight no question. Whatever he was faking it worked b/c Holmstrom didn't even touch him on that one play and Moreau totally hammered the net off the moorings. Good on him. All we needed was one good home-run swing the stick and it would be complete.

Brule for Pisani
Cogs/Smid/Roli for Spezza
Schremp/Peckham up to the big club
pouliot on waivers (PLEEEEEEEZE get rid of Pouliot!)
Stortini selling t-shirts at the Mastercard stand at Rexall

I'm just spewing but maybe this could be doable...

"But I say to you, Oilfans, breathe it in deeply...feel the pain and the shame and the anger...feel it all..." Mybestguess

Re: Review: [message #446736 is a reply to message #446733 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ubigo  is currently offline Ubigo

No Cups

shootsaverebound wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 21:01

Roli pulled out all the stops tonight no question. Whatever he was faking it worked b/c Holmstrom didn't even touch him on that one play and Moreau totally hammered the net off the moorings. Good on him. All we needed was one good home-run swing the stick and it would be complete.

Brule for Pisani
Schremp/Peckham up to the big club
pouliot on waivers (PLEEEEEEEZE get rid of Pouliot!)
Stortini selling t-shirts at the Mastercard stand at Rexall

You want to get rid of Cogs and Smid. They have played very well so far.

Re: Review: [message #446742 is a reply to message #446736 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I love Cogs and Smid, but you have to give to get.

We need a #1 center, and honestly I don't know how else to get one unless we give up one of our top 3 youth (gags, Nills, Cogs).

Gags I honestly think can be the future of this franchise, Nills has hemsky-ish type moves and I think can be a huge playamaker. That leaves Cogliano. Amazing speed and a good shot, but would you trade that skillset for a player who's scored 34 goals the past two seasons?

who knows.

Chances are if Spezza becomes an Oiler he scores 15 but is very defensivably responsible.............sad

Re: Review: [message #446739 is a reply to message #446733 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

shootsaverebound wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 21:01

That one could definitely not be doable. You're basically talking Cogliano and Smid for Spezza and Ottawa would laugh at that until they passed out. Then, they'd wake up and laugh some more.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Review: [message #446717 is a reply to message #446688 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigred75  is currently offline bigred75

No Cups

Pathetic and Sad

No doubt! How many times tonight were the Oilers 5 to 10 feet, and I'm talking feet, from the net and MISSED COMPLETELY?!!! That is insane! This is becoming a freakin joke! I wouldn't be surprised if MacT quit after tonight. Does anyone know the answer for these dunces to play as a team.

Re: Review: [message #446724 is a reply to message #446717 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Quote:

No doubt! How many times tonight were the Oilers 5 to 10 feet, and I'm talking feet, from the net and MISSED COMPLETELY?!!! That is insane! This is becoming a freakin joke! I wouldn't be surprised if MacT quit after tonight. Does anyone know the answer for these dunces to play as a team.

A coach with an actually system that the players could play under would help. This team is playing 60 minutes of shinny out there.

Re: Review: [message #446762 is a reply to message #446688 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zappa  is currently offline zappa

No Cups

Pathetic and Sad

Because only Team Members are allowed in the locker room.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446694 is a reply to message #446638 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mclovin  is currently offline Mclovin

No Cups

There's a decent sized "Fire MacT" petition over at HF, but it's not very serious. Various clowns and posters from other teams are ruining it with fake names. Would anybody consider creating a website dedicated to this worthy cause? I would, but my html illiteracy prevents me from doing so.

There are also numerous facebook groups with a few hundred people in each petitioning to get MacT out of here.

It's a long shot, but I'm sure we're all desperate to do anything to rid ourselves of this moron.

Gunn wrote on Tue, 14 April 2009 15:07

McLovin: 1

Oilfans: 0

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446700 is a reply to message #446694 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc  is currently offline Marc

No Cups

Mclovin wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 22:26

There's a decent sized "Fire MacT" petition over at HF, but it's not very serious. Various clowns and posters from other teams are ruining it with fake names. Would anybody consider creating a website dedicated to this worthy cause? I would, but my html illiteracy prevents me from doing so.

There are also numerous facebook groups with a few hundred people in each petitioning to get MacT out of here.

It's a long shot, but I'm sure we're all desperate to do anything to rid ourselves of this moron.

Use google sites,geocities or tripod, no HTML is neededm they have basic text editors

"Third? Not third in the West, either? Overall? I think that... well. marijuana's legal in some areas." Whitney on Oilers being ranked #3 by SI

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446743 is a reply to message #446638 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilersrock77  is currently offline oilersrock77

No Cups

There is a serious MacT love fest going on on the openline show on ched right now. There saying they don't blame MacT but if this type of play continues it is his fault. NEWSFLASH: This type of play has been happening for 8 years!

Strudwick blows.

Was this a message? [message #446747 is a reply to message #446638 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MyBestGuess  is currently offline MyBestGuess

1 Cup

Was tonight's performance a message to MacT by his players to not eff with them, call them out publicly, or otherwise embarrass them?

Your "C" takes 2 penalties in the 1st, your "A" and #1D does the same, and your team gets outshot 41-20 scoring zero goals. This, after MacT questions the "gamesmanship" of his players and publicly embarrasses Dustin Penner. MacT needed ANYTHING from this team, and they gave him nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Rollie is the only guy really who gave him anything, and he's requested a trade. Twice.

Oilers Goal Horn
http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=6B5D44535654

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446757 is a reply to message #446638 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

New coach, everything else has been overhauled. Use that as another starting point and see if things start moving.

Nothing personal MacT, but much like the USA, this team needs change.

And for fudge's sake, bring in a head coach who HAS NOT played as an Oiler. Someone who can be held accountable and not walk around with a blank cheque because he was one of "the boys."

MacT: It's the players...

Fans: It's the coach...

Media: It's not the coach...

Managment: Move some players, hope for the best.

Repeat as necessary.

I don't know why, but for some reason this loss really ticked me off, more than the others so far. The whole team looks anemic and the coach can't do anything better than point fingers at the guys it's his job to make sure he gets the most out of. And it has been the same story for his 8 year tenure.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 November 2008 22:09]

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446758 is a reply to message #446757 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cooney  is currently offline Cooney

No Cups

Once again we the fans are left wondering WTF. How can anyone knowingly run this team so far into the ground just so for the sake of keeping some sort of dignity? Man up MacTavish, RESIGN!!! Just realize that you are not the answer. You are holding the organization back and your buddy upstairs is to afriad to can your ass.

Do this for the city that you once loved. Show US some respect!

wow that felt good.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 November 2008 22:06]

Big Gulps eh?...........Well, cya later.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446759 is a reply to message #446757 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abootzky  is currently offline abootzky

No Cups

Gutless is the best word I can use to describe the Oilers' play right now.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446760 is a reply to message #446757 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 21:50

walk around with a blank cheque because he was one of "the boys."

Just the good ole boys

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446773 is a reply to message #446760 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fridge01  is currently offline Fridge01

No Cups

Fitting.

Analogy I draw from this:

MacT = Daisy Duke

Both were once very good for their respective shows. They brought excitement and added to a good cast - never the only reason for success (althought Daisy has a chance to argue that one) but certainly had a valuable role. However now, alike Daisy in the reunion show, MacT has far out played his stay and fresh blood is really, really needed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446780 is a reply to message #446773 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pattywacker  is currently offline Pattywacker

No Cups

Can someone explain something to me? why was the interference by Lidstrom on Pisani was not called a penalty even after he blew his knee? they were about five feet from the puck when Lidstrom tied him up. Sometimes the officiating really makes me sick.
As much as I want to be a negative Nancy like the rest of you, we must admit that Detroit's clutch and grab style can stifle even the greatest offenses (remember last years finals?)

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446788 is a reply to message #446780 ]
Mon, 17 November 2008 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

1 Cup

Pattywacker wrote on Mon, 17 November 2008 23:07

Can someone explain something to me? why was the interference by Lidstrom on Pisani was not called a penalty even after he blew his knee? they were about five feet from the puck when Lidstrom tied him up. Sometimes the officiating really makes me sick.
As much as I want to be a negative Nancy like the rest of you, we must admit that Detroit's clutch and grab style can stifle even the greatest offenses (remember last years finals?)

Because it wasnt a penalty? Goggles lost an edge, simple as that. Was a race for the puck that happens dozens of times per game. If anything, Goggles had his stick up.

Also must disagree with your assessment about Detroit clutch and grab. I saw a team that skated circles around the Oilers tonight. They had no need to clutch on.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446818 is a reply to message #446788 ]
Tue, 18 November 2008 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BleedOil  is currently offline BleedOil

No Cups

Detroit simply plays their positions and plugs any gaps, especially in their own end. How many times did Detroit run around out of position?

The Oilers, at times looked like they had speed going through the neutral zone, only to get foiled once they crossed the blueline.....turned the puck over.....Hemsky, Nilsson, etc. They stuck to their positions and just waited for the seemingly inevitable turnover. You have to have speed against Detroit, but you have to dump the puck in high and soft to get on their D-men. Fire it in hard, and Lidstrom etal, simply move the puck up to a forward and the head out the other way.

Detroit gets all 5 guys back and sticks to their position, and the Oilers just gave them the puck several times. They have talent, but they are also a well coached team.

And I certainly don't want to hear that, "well, it was Detroit we lost to". The Oilers are supposed to challenge for the NW division, which also means they should at least be in the top 6 in the West. Last night was a test that they failed miserably, and they look closer to the bottom 6 in the West...and bottom 10 in the league.

And what is with firing bombs from the point, with a 5-on-3 PP? They either missed the net or were blocked. Move the damn puck around and try to free up a winger ro a d-man sneaking in! And try a snapshot or wristshot, or even a half-slapshot and get the puck on net (5-on-3 OR 5-on-4).

"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane"
--- Nikola Tesla

People who have responsibility without rights are slaves. People who have rights without responsibility are leeches.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446836 is a reply to message #446818 ]
Tue, 18 November 2008 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

BleedOil wrote on Tue, 18 November 2008 07:51

Detroit simply plays their positions and plugs any gaps, especially in their own end. How many times did Detroit run around out of position?

The Oilers, at times looked like they had speed going through the neutral zone, only to get foiled once they crossed the blueline.....turned the puck over.....Hemsky, Nilsson, etc. They stuck to their positions and just waited for the seemingly inevitable turnover. You have to have speed against Detroit, but you have to dump the puck in high and soft to get on their D-men. Fire it in hard, and Lidstrom etal, simply move the puck up to a forward and the head out the other way.

Detroit gets all 5 guys back and sticks to their position, and the Oilers just gave them the puck several times. They have talent, but they are also a well coached team.

And I certainly don't want to hear that, "well, it was Detroit we lost to". The Oilers are supposed to challenge for the NW division, which also means they should at least be in the top 6 in the West. Last night was a test that they failed miserably, and they look closer to the bottom 6 in the West...and bottom 10 in the league.

And what is with firing bombs from the point, with a 5-on-3 PP? They either missed the net or were blocked. Move the damn puck around and try to free up a winger ro a d-man sneaking in! And try a snapshot or wristshot, or even a half-slapshot and get the puck on net (5-on-3 OR 5-on-4).

Honestly, it looked last night like the Oilers gave Detroit too much respect. There was very little pressuring the man with the puck and on a couple of the goals, especially the second, every man in white and blue was standing still while the Red Wings moved the puck around. You're easy to beat if you're not moving.

And good grief, you have got to hit the net when you're in good scoring positions. Over and over and over the Oilers missed the net. There was one powerplay where we had one shot on goal and five wide. It makes it pretty easy for the netminder if the pucks are rattling off the boards behind the net every shot.

Brutal game last night. I was angry when it was over.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446872 is a reply to message #446836 ]
Tue, 18 November 2008 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EsaT  is currently offline EsaT

No Cups

That game was a disgrace to poor oiler performances everywhere... horrible level of effort out there. Sucks for Pisani too... bad looking break. Hope for a full recovery.

I think we need to hire a shooting coach... where's Adam Oates when you need him? We can stick him in there once he's done teaching the young ones how to take a faceoff. Heck I'm even missing Ryan Smyth's accuracy at this point, and he has a worse slapper than a two year old hitting a wiffle ball from a tee ball mount.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18) [message #446896 is a reply to message #446872 ]
Tue, 18 November 2008 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MyBestGuess  is currently offline MyBestGuess

1 Cup

EsaT wrote on Tue, 18 November 2008 12:26

That game was a disgrace to poor oiler performances everywhere... horrible level of effort out there. Sucks for Pisani too... bad looking break. Hope for a full recovery.

I think we need to hire a shooting coach... where's Adam Oates when you need him? We can stick him in there once he's done teaching the young ones how to take a faceoff. Heck I'm even missing Ryan Smyth's accuracy at this point, and he has a worse slapper than a two year old hitting a wiffle ball from a tee ball mount.

Supposedly the break won't require surgery according to 1260 this morning, so it seems it'll be as straight forward a recovery as it can be. I'll miss Pisani's smarts overall on the ice, but he and many of the vets don't seem to be leading by example all that well over the last few games so perhaps giving someone else an increased role is the way to go.

I wonder how much the team dynamics/chemistry has changed with the vets who've come back from injury combined with a couple new faces here compared to the younger group last year who seemed to rise to the occasion. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall to know all the dynamics of the personalities and things that go on - it just doesn't seem like these guys are all together as one happy group.

Oilers Goal Horn
http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=6B5D44535654

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #19)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #18)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca