This day on August 17
None

Happy Birthday To: Slim Jim Phantom Call, Ingenious_OilerFan, copper&blue, annie01, Kaizzer3

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399169]
Thu, 03 January 2008 00:58 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

3 Cups

/images/logos/edm_comp.gif/images/logos/nsh_comp.gif
Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42)
Game Time: 6:00pm
Broadcasters: SportsNet, 630 CHED Online Radio

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399171 is a reply to message #399169 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilerfansince87  is currently offline Oilerfansince87

No Cups

Mr MacTavish. Please start Garon. If Garon starts the game I believe we win. If not im not so sure. If we win this game we can be sitting 5 out of eighth and still have a slim window at a playoff spot. Go Oil Go

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399175 is a reply to message #399169 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

1 Cup

No Souray...I assume Hemsky is still out. Although it's a back to back, the Preds have their share of injuries as well:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2008010 3/SPORTS02/801030354/1028

Possibly no Ryan Suter or David Legwand...looks certain that Shea Weber is out.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399184 is a reply to message #399175 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldGreyMonkey  is currently offline OldGreyMonkey

No Cups

Superintendent wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 07:13

No Souray...I assume Hemsky is still out. Although it's a back to back, the Preds have their share of injuries as well:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2008010 3/SPORTS02/801030354/1028

Possibly no Ryan Suter or David Legwand...looks certain that Shea Weber is out.

Doubt any of those three go tonight, but they put in a very solid effort against Dallas without 'em, so anybody thinking this will be an easy row to hoe will be in for a surprise.
We start Garon, we get points of some description.
We start Roloson, that possibility shrinks rather quickly, imo.

And getting Tarnstrom back into the line-up with the injury to Souray is nice, but the fact Grebeshkov in it negates that, imo.
Pitkanen/Gilbert
Staios/Smid
Tarnstrom/Grebeshkov.
Yuck.

If Souray is out for a period of time, I'd seriously consider sending Grebeshkov down, if only to see if we couldn't get someone to claim him on re-entry & recalling Rourke, who truly understood what Staios' role should be...

Happy to announce a permanent Oilfan vacation.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399195 is a reply to message #399184 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G-Star  is currently offline G-Star

No Cups

Grebeshkov = One way contract, can't be sent down.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399196 is a reply to message #399195 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

G-Star wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 10:12

Grebeshkov = one way contract, sure as hell can be sent down.

And waived, if we so chose (or were smart & willing to admit mistakes).

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399199 is a reply to message #399196 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

1 Cup

OldGreyMonkey wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 10:14

Bu...bu...but he's a top 4 ready NHL defenseman!

Regards,
Kevin Prendergast

How Dick Tarnstrom sits over this guy is truly perplexing (unless his concussion is still giving him grief I suppose).

Get well Matt Greene!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399205 is a reply to message #399199 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HBomb  is currently offline HBomb

1 Cup

Superintendent wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 10:17

OldGreyMonkey wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 10:14

Bu...bu...but he's a top 4 ready NHL defenseman!

Regards,
Kevin Prendergast

How Dick Tarnstrom sits over this guy is truly perplexing (unless his concussion is still giving him grief I suppose).

Get well Matt Greene!

Honest to God, once Greene gets back, I'd have Smid back in the minors playing big minutes for the rest of the season. He's got some things to work on, and if we're truly interested in icing our best lineup when everyone is healthy, he's not in the top-six, methinks:

Pitkanen-Gilbert
Souray-Tarnstrom
Staios-Greene

That assumes no one gets moved before the trade deadline. Which is probably a bad assumption, but whatever....

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399212 is a reply to message #399205 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hemmerhockey  is currently offline hemmerhockey

No Cups

HBomb wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 10:28

Honest to God, once Greene gets back, I'd have Smid back in the minors playing big minutes for the rest of the season. He's got some things to work on, and if we're truly interested in icing our best lineup when everyone is healthy, he's not in the top-six, methinks:

Pitkanen-Gilbert
Souray-Tarnstrom
Staios-Greene

That assumes no one gets moved before the trade deadline. Which is probably a bad assumption, but whatever....

I'd prefer Smid and Greene play together on the third pairing when Greene gets healthy. I think those two would really compliment and benefit from one another and could grow into a really steady pairing for years to come. And I think you'd see a different Smid when playing with someone who can be trusted a bit more. A little confidence in his parter would go a long way.

I'll be the first to admit that Smid has not been very good lately, but he more than any other Oiler has been hung out to dry by having to drag around terrible partners.

As for Staios, it's probably a long shot someone takes him via trade, but if everyone gets measured by a reasonable stick considering the current situation, he just does not fit in very well. Veteran leadership only counts when the person can still play the game.

Here's to the boys going out and winning on back-to-back nights, I can't even remember the last time that happened. Unfortunately I predict frustration yet again.

"I've been trying to tell you people for so long about the Russians, what kind of people they are, and you just love them in Canada with your multiculturalism. They're quitters and evidently they take a lot of drugs, too."

-Don Cherry

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399213 is a reply to message #399212 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheGreatOne  is currently offline TheGreatOne

No Cups

Legwand, Suter, and Weber are unlikely to play tonight as well.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399218 is a reply to message #399212 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

hemmerhockey wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 10:45

HBomb wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 10:28

Pitkanen-Gilbert
Souray-Tarnstrom
Staios-Greene

I'd prefer Smid and Greene play together on the third pairing when Greene gets healthy. I think those two would really compliment and benefit from one another and could grow into a really steady pairing for years to come. And I think you'd see a different Smid when playing with someone who can be trusted a bit more. A little confidence in his parter would go a long way.

I'll be the first to admit that Smid has not been very good lately, but he more than any other Oiler has been hung out to dry by having to drag around terrible partners.

As for Staios, it's probably a long shot someone takes him via trade, but if everyone gets measured by a reasonable stick considering the current situation, he just does not fit in very well. Veteran leadership only counts when the person can still play the game.

Well put.
The only thing that might put a bit of a crimp in these plans are the contracts that Joni & Gilbert are going to need going forward. I think at some juncture, we are going to have to give up a contract of some bulk (Staios, Tarnstrom) and select a D-man that can play 3rd pairing minutes for little $ as a result of the aforementioned deals.
Now, I mentioned Rourke as a short-term fit for that, but if we could get better results than Grebeshkov is currently providing for the kind of contract that said player is bound to carry (ie: around 1M or less) & it doesn't happen to be Rourke but rather another, perhaps more NHL seasoned vet, that is fine - but I think this is a spot & a $ value contract we are going to have to examine fairly hard in the summer.
And that might mean moving one of Smid, Greene, Grebeshkov at some point (hopefully for some help scoring-wise up front), but it needs to be taken into account this off-season, imo.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399220 is a reply to message #399218 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike is currently online Mike

4 Cups

I think you're getting pretty close to the ideal situation here.

Smid is NOT as bad as Staios and Grebeskov have been making them look.

Pitkanen - Gilbert
Souray - Smid
Greene - Tarnstrom
Rourke

is a damned fine set of Dmen, IMO. The exclusion of Staios and Grebeskov works wonders on this group.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399224 is a reply to message #399220 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moog  is currently offline Moog

No Cups

Mikey wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 13:43

I think you're getting pretty close to the ideal situation here.

Smid is NOT as bad as Staios and Grebeskov have been making them look.

Pitkanen - Gilbert
Souray - Smid
Greene - Tarnstrom
Rourke

is a damned fine set of Dmen, IMO. The exclusion of Staios and Grebeskov works wonders on this group.

Now thats what I like to read, I second that line up !!!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399197 is a reply to message #399195 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

1 Cup

Doesn't mean he cannot be sent down just that if he is he has to clear waivers (excluding conditioning stints) and will be paid his full NHL salary while down and will be subject to reentry waivers on the way back up.

Renaissance 2015

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399211 is a reply to message #399197 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6zeppelin6  is currently offline 6zeppelin6

No Cups

Quote:

Sam Gagner will likely return to the lineup tonight after being a healthy scratch last night in St. Louis. Sheldon Souray (shoulder) is doubtful. Ales Hemsky (knee) is doubtful. Matt Greene (ankle) is out. Raffi Torres (knee) is out

http://oilers.nhl.com/team/app?gameNumber=599&gameType=2 &page=Preview&season=20072008&service=page

When you get all set to watch the game, and within 10 minutes the Oilers are losing:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wd0gth.gif

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399226 is a reply to message #399197 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

True enough. Could he return to Russia if he clears waivers? I am sure he would if he ends up in the minors.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399241 is a reply to message #399197 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rollinginoil  is currently offline rollinginoil

No Cups

ChasinStanley wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 10:15

Doesn't mean he cannot be sent down just that if he is he has to clear waivers (excluding conditioning stints) and will be paid his full NHL salary while down and will be subject to reentry waivers on the way back up.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me...

Dear God:

Why is it that even though I have been a die hard Oiler fan since birth that I am still seeing no results on this team. For years I have been tuning into 82 games a season to watch the Oilers establish a proud tradition of Mediocrity. Why is it that any player with any potential or skill on this team is seeming to be sidelined for weeks at a time with pesky small injuries. Why is it that our Coach continues to drive us lower and lower into the standings with little or no retribution for his stupid decisions.

However I am mainly writing to ask you how long it will be until all 82 games in a season are PPV. I would understand if I lived in Florida and my team generated next to no revenue and had absolutely fan base. However I am having a very hard time working out how it is that more and more of the Oilers' games are starting to become PPV. Why is it that fellow Canadian teams seem to have nowhere near as many PPV games as us or none at all. Why is it that our National TV station seems to think that we wish to watch Toronto and Montreal more than we wish to watch EDMONTON. Or why is it that CBC still lives in 1930 and refuses to split a TV feed for Alberta.

Morealess, I am sick of living in one of the more expensive parts of Canada and having to pay ridiculious ticket prices and the having to cope with around 15 PPV games a year which cost me 13 dollars each. I own two Mini packs which are stupidly overprices, I have bought Oilers wear that is ridiculiously over-priced and now I am being gouged for 13 Dollars 15 times a year. Now I am being told for any games that are not televised by CBC I am supposed to purchase the ridiculiously over-priced NHL Center ice and watch my team?

I have never been a band-wagon hopper, I've loved the Oil since I was born and I wish to ask you. If the Oilers will never win the Stanley cup again, they why does this organization seem to want to rid themselves of any fan base that they may have. WE ARE SICK OF LOSING, WE ARE SICK OF MEDIOCRITY OVER THE PAST YEARS, AND I AM GETTING DAMN SICK OF PAYING MONEY TO WATCH THIS TEAM SUCK. IF YOU EXPECT ME TO KEEP BUYING PPV I EXPECT TO SEE A TEAM THAT IS IN THE PLAYOFFS YEAR AFTER YEAR. IF YOU EXPECT ME TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR STUPID TICKETS, BUY YOUR STUPID PPV, AND BUY YOUR STUPID NHL CENTER ICE THEN JUST DAMN SHOW A LITTLE APPRECIATION TO YOUR FANS INSTEAD OF SENDING THEM EMAILS ASKING THEM TO SEND THEIR TICKETS BACK ON BEHALF OF THE TEAM BECAUSE THE ORGANIZATION IS TOO CHEAP TO BUY OUT THE LOWER BOWL FOR THE DAMN MILITARY

SCREW YOU PPV

angryfire mischief frustrated

Sorry I had that rant today.... I was not around yesterday...

You have no idea how sick I am of paying money.. I am pretty damn happy this games is on SportsNet or else I think i woulda jumped off a balcony. I damn right refused to buy the game last night and even though we won I'm not upset that I didn't buy it.

BECAUSE WE STILL DIDN'T WIN IN REGULATION

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2008 14:19]

Bettman, damning the NHL since 1993...

The E-System was devised with the intelligent hockey fan in mind - Eklund

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399244 is a reply to message #399241 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

In the olden days of the 80s and 90s, there were a lot of games every year that weren't televised at all. You could either go to the game, or you listened to Rod Phillips. Now, PPV fills that void. It's an additional revenue source, which helps the team remain competitive. And you always have the option of taking it in at a pub, restaurant or friend's house. The Oilers games are more televised now than they ever were, and now you have an option of watching the games on the nights when none of the networks are picking up the game.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399257 is a reply to message #399241 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

1 Cup

rolling, rolling, rolling you poor unfortunate soul.

You are the prime example of someone who is an Oiler fan because of their geography or media influence on their decision. That's not a knock on you personally. I'd probably be the same if I lived in an NHL city since I was a small kid. But that's the difference, there are a lot of fans who don't have the opportunity to shell out the money that you do.

And as Adam has shown, there is a natural evolution on the go with the media. Pretty soon, you'll probably be able to watch the game from the perspective of the puck carrier, certain players or the goalie. Whatever you fell like. Just take a breath. A deep one.

Seriously, if you really want to send the team a message, do it with your pocketbook. Your word on a messageboard, isn't going to tell 'em much.

Twitter: @AitchOil

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399259 is a reply to message #399241 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goffer48  is currently offline goffer48

No Cups

Rolling..... I've ordered you a balcony, you retard. ( you might as well change yer handle now icon_rolleyes ) You could call yourself " HariKariRetard" with your avatar being a 19th floor balcony.

Just one thing .... be thankful you live where you live, for , apparrently, you have no idea just how good we all have it here. Give yer head a shake..................
then jump.

-Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
-Don't mess with old folks, they didn't get old by being stupid.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399264 is a reply to message #399241 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ is currently online MJ

2 Cups

Sounds like you need a career or set your priorities right.

I'm happy to pay for Centre Ice, the PPVs and my HD service. I don't bat an eye at this part of my entertainment budget. If it is such an issue of contention for you, perhaps you should revisit your spending habits.

Centre Ice is over-priced? You get hundreds of games for what, $200 for the season? You sound like you're in your 80s telling us how you used to buy smokes for 50 cents and could get 6 bubble gums for a nickel. CI and NFL Sunday Ticket are relatively inexpensive if you think about it. Ahh that word think again. My bad, sorry.

The Oilers have way more PPV games? Pretty obvious you did about zero research into that one. Ahh, you'd have to think. My bad again.

Calgary - 14 games
Oilers - 14 games
Canucks - 16 games

Not even gonna bother heading out east where the markets and factors are drastically different.

Sorry that $13 broke your bank. Perhaps you need to find some friends to split the cost of this luxury. If you own a radio, 630 CHED is free too. rofl

Your comment on the military donations was short-sighted and ignorant.

At least when you try to put your foot in your mouth, you get the job done and exceed expectations. You've got both of them in there and are trying to find volunteers to shove a third in there. Good job!

Next time when you have a post for the official site, please remember when you're on OilFans.

If you need donations for a fresh box of Kleenex, let us know. Then again, the balcony option is free too. lmao

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2008 16:18]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399279 is a reply to message #399264 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Longcat  is currently offline Longcat

No Cups

To be fair MJ. Most people don't have a problem if they feel they're getting full value for their entertainment dollar. The Oilers are doing that less often these days.

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 14:57

I'm just going to say it, this Longcat fellow is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399286 is a reply to message #399279 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

J.Money wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 17:05

To be fair MJ. Most people don't have a problem if they feel they're getting full value for their entertainment dollar. The Oilers are doing that less often these days.

Full value for the entertainment dollar is tough at any time when you truly think about it when it comes to sporting events. That said, I'll still pay hundreds for a seat at Lambeau or Mile High one day too!

Even if your team is successful, individual games are not all that cheap for 2.5 hours of entertainment. A gold seat at Rexall makes that $15 for a seat + $20 for popcorn/pop at the threatre seem like a bargain per person.

Truly, it's about where you want your entertainment dollars going, and how much you're willing to pay for your entertainment. If the Oilers can sellout yet some kid cannot afford tickets to the game, is the onus really on the Oilers to do anything about it? I'm thinking if the 300s are sold out, tough luck. Worse yet, buying tickets and whining that they're too expensive after the effect -- well that is just the definition of a moron in my books. If you couldn't afford it in the first place, seeing a winning game or losing game isn't going to change your budget.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399289 is a reply to message #399286 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

MJ wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 17:50

Full value for the entertainment dollar is tough at any time when you truly think about it when it comes to sporting events.

This also applies when trying to to get MJ, goffer, or Adam to buy a tray of shooters at an OFNO.

Tough to get full value out of any of those crabby biatches!

rofl fishing

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399428 is a reply to message #399289 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Hey hey now. I know I've bought OilFans drinks or shooters over the OFNOs. Some of us are more subtle and don't work for a monkey's wage. rofl

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399430 is a reply to message #399428 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HBomb  is currently offline HBomb

1 Cup

MJ wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 20:47

Hey hey now. I know I've bought OilFans drinks or shooters over the OFNOs. Some of us are more subtle and don't work for a monkey's wage. rofl

You people actually remember what happens at those things?

I usually have to piece it together from any pictures that may have been taken, where I wake up, how many bills are in my wallet, and the color/odor of anything spilled on what I wore that night.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399476 is a reply to message #399289 ]
Fri, 04 January 2008 08:14 Go to previous message
goffer48  is currently offline goffer48

No Cups

OldGreyMonkey wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 18:07

MJ wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 17:50

Full value for the entertainment dollar is tough at any time when you truly think about it when it comes to sporting events.

This also applies when trying to to get MJ, goffer, or Adam to buy a tray of shooters at an OFNO.

Tough to get full value out of any of those crabby biatches!

rofl fishing

HMMMMM..... Truth be told now Monkey icon_nod
One such as I must save up my sheckles in order for the Mrs. to permit me the attendence of said events, even then, when I bring home 50% of the cash I arrived with..... I ask myself.... How does one get as inebriated as I was and still bring home cash???? The Monkey sets the standard... one's stein is never MT when the Monk is in attendence ..... I am quite sure , he hath ulterior motives... he does not want the waitress to get anywhere near the good looks of MJ, The Goffer , or Adam icon_thumbsup icon_rolleyes

-Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
-Don't mess with old folks, they didn't get old by being stupid.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399267 is a reply to message #399241 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

3 Cups

rollinginoil wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 14:10

ChasinStanley wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 10:15

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me...

Dear God:

Why is it that even though I have been a die hard Oiler fan since birth that I am still seeing no results on this team.

So I assume if you have seen no results since birth you were born in the nineties?

[/quote]

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399229 is a reply to message #399169 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beerfish Revisited  is currently offline Beerfish Revisited

1 Cup

Oilers explode out of their doldrums with a 6-2 drubbing of the toothless Preds. someone scores 3 goals, just not sure who. Another oiler goes on the shelf when Tootoo rams him through the boards as the rest of the Oilers and MacT complain that he deserves 4 a double minor.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399230 is a reply to message #399229 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilerfansince87  is currently offline Oilerfansince87

No Cups

Beerfish Revisited wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 12:59

Oilers explode out of their doldrums with a 6-2 drubbing of the toothless Preds. someone scores 3 goals, just not sure who. Another oiler goes on the shelf when Tootoo rams him through the boards as the rest of the Oilers and MacT complain that he deserves 4 a double minor.

I dont think so Beerfish. If Tootoo does that he has Smid to answer too.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399253 is a reply to message #399230 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

Oilerfansince87 wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 13:03

Beerfish Revisited wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 12:59

I dont think so Beerfish. If Tootoo does that he has Smid to answer too.

Nice to know we finally got soem muscle and toughness.

Watchout the next time we play Minny, Boogard is gonna get stomped by Smid.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399260 is a reply to message #399169 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

There's hope. Garon is starting as per the Oilers web site. Gagner with the assist trick and penner with the Gordie Howe icon_wink

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399266 is a reply to message #399260 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BULLHORN5  is currently offline BULLHORN5

No Cups

I just want a win at all costs, not just a win but a win in 60 mins... Kevin Lowe you should be fired if you won't fire MacT. With just 9 regulation wins since last Feb under his chicken $@#t hockey system and to think this guy got the chance to see the Great one play on a regular basis and still wouldn't know offence if it slapped him in the face.
Again I want a win at all costs….

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42) [message #399273 is a reply to message #399266 ]
Thu, 03 January 2008 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

1 Cup

Got my old MacT voodoo doll out. Its working so far.

Not that I'm superstitious or anything but if he start Roli the rebound goalie tonight I can guarantee that his road record continues.

So this is what hope feels like?

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #42)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca