Speculation » Coyotes gauging market for Jakob ChychrunPages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796031]
Wed, 15 December 2021 09:29 Go to next message
smyth260 is currently online smyth260

2 Cups

Per Elliotte Friedman:

Quote:

Arizona GM Bill Armstrong refused to comment when asked, but it now sounds like the Coyotes are gauging the market on Jakob Chychrun. I’ve heard the ask is massive, but that doesn’t mean opponents are running away. He’s signed for three more years at a very reasonable $4.6 million AAV and is a terrific player. This is one to watch.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-urgency-cov id-19-grows-pausing-schedule-will-last-resort/

I really hope Holland is on this one.

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796033 is a reply to message #796031 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 10:29

Per Elliotte Friedman:

Quote:

Arizona GM Bill Armstrong refused to comment when asked, but it now sounds like the Coyotes are gauging the market on Jakob Chychrun. I’ve heard the ask is massive, but that doesn’t mean opponents are running away. He’s signed for three more years at a very reasonable $4.6 million AAV and is a terrific player. This is one to watch.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-urgency-cov id-19-grows-pausing-schedule-will-last-resort/

Hope so too but I truly doubt Holland is savvy enough to get anything done here

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796034 is a reply to message #796033 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 10:01

Per Elliotte Friedman:

Quote:

You'd have to think the price for the Oilers to acquire would start at Bouchard.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796035 is a reply to message #796034 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

6 Cups

I am kind of thinking the cost would be more futures than even Bouchard. So their 1st, Broberg and Holloway.

I loath giving up Holloway but at this point, all bets are off.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796071 is a reply to message #796035 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 09:16

I am kind of thinking the cost would be more futures than even Bouchard. So their 1st, Broberg and Holloway.

I'd love Chychrun, but they can't afford to lose Holloway, a low cost top 6 forward is something they badly need, and there aren't any coming from Bako, that cupboard is so bare it has cobwebs.

I'm starting to second guess the 9.25M contract for Nurse unless the cap goes up dramatically, or he starts playing like Pieterangelo.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796074 is a reply to message #796071 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 18:20

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 09:16

I'd love Chychrun, but they can't afford to lose Holloway, a low cost top 6 forward is something they badly need, and there aren't any coming from Bako, that cupboard is so bare it has cobwebs.

I'm starting to second guess the 9.25M contract for Nurse unless the cap goes up dramatically, or he starts playing like Pieterangelo.

Nurse’ agent striked while the iron was hot with the insanely inflated contracts being dished out to those wannabe top flight dmen. Y’all (well, most of us) complain to no end regarding the acquisition cost and cap hit the Oilers have in Keith. 9.25M for Nurse is going to be an anchor of a contract. I like Nurse, don’t get me wrong, but that cap hit is going to wreck us with a GM who can’t function outside of a box

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796036 is a reply to message #796034 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 10:10

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 10:01

Per Elliotte Friedman:

Quote:

You'd have to think the price for the Oilers to acquire would start at Bouchard.

Bouch is at under $900k AAV, Chychrun at $4.6 mil. I don't know how this would ever work for the Oilers, or any combination of cap dollars out that AZ would accept. Throw in Koskinen, Holland! Bwahahahaha.. .

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2021 10:32]

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796037 is a reply to message #796031 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Bouchard would not be a starter for me. He’s scoring over half a point per game while getting no PP time. He’s already contributing and we need to add.

Pretty well any prospect would be on the table for me if it made our team better immediately. I don’t see any of Holloway, Broberg, and Bourgault as untouchable. Our first rounder too.

Arizona would have to take on a bad contract. Duncan Keith seems ideal to me there. Arizona would get a 5.5M cap hit with only 1.5M salary next year. He makes 2.1M in salary this year. Do we have to honor his NMC or is it null and void after waiving it to come here?

Clean house or bust

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796038 is a reply to message #796037 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 10:37

Bouchard would not be a starter for me. He’s scoring over half a point per game while getting no PP time. He’s already contributing and we need to add.

Pretty well any prospect would be on the table for me if it made our team better immediately. I don’t see any of Holloway, Broberg, and Bourgault as untouchable. Our first rounder too.

Arizona would have to take on a bad contract. Duncan Keith seems ideal to me there. Arizona would get a 5.5M cap hit with only 1.5M salary next year. He makes 2.1M in salary this year. Do we have to honor his NMC or is it null and void after waiving it to come here?

Keith, Koskinen, or Kassian, a good prospect, and probably you have to give up a high draft pick to get the contract out of Edmonton.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796039 is a reply to message #796037 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I don't think the Oilers have a need for 2 years of Barrie, 3 years of Chychrun, and X years of Bouchard or can handle that many offensive defensemen. Ideally Chychrun replaces Barrie, but why would Phoenix want Barrie? They (I assume) want to get younger and cheaper.

For me, the Oilers can't include Keith in the deal either. Not because of the NMC, but because they simply don't have the D depth to replace a declining old man who will inevitably spend more time on the IR this year. And also because they're in 'win now' mode. Right? Right?

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796040 is a reply to message #796039 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

6 Cups

Supposedly the Yotes wanted Samorukov as part of the Kuemper package so I wonder if they could revisit that. I would have to think that Koskinen would maybe we part of salary going back. He's a UFA so the Yotes could get something for him, let him play out the contract then wash their hands of him.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796041 is a reply to message #796031 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Getting Keith and signing Barrie kind of make this a no-go. Would need to pay teams to take either off our books, in addition to paying a lot to get Chychrun. What, you think you can get rid of Keith for FREE?!

Just one of many consequences for bad management and loading your team up with big cap hits you would have to pay teams to take off your hands. Don't even get to think about participating in these kinds of opportunities.

Maybe long shot that Arizona would actually be interested in Barrie as part of a swap. But doubtful. Think Barrie is in the bro-squad too, so probably would not be willing to disrupt team comfort by trading him.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2021 11:33]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796042 is a reply to message #796041 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 10:28

Getting Keith and signing Barrie kind of make this a no-go. Would need to pay teams to take either off our books, in addition to paying a lot to get Chychrun. What, you think you can get rid of Keith for FREE?!

Just one of many consequences for bad management and loading your team up with big cap hits you would have to pay teams to take off your hands. Don't even get to think about participating in these kinds of opportunities.

Maybe long shot that Arizona would actually be interested in Barrie as part of a swap. But doubtful. Think Barrie is in the bro-squad too, so probably would not be willing to disrupt team comfort by trading him.

I would think that most teams trading for Chychrun are going to have to shed some cap to get him. Arizona is in financial troubles, so the name of the game would be keeping the real dollars low. In that area, I think Keith makes a lot of sense for them. Is Ken Holland smart enough to realize that though, and is he smart enough to move on from his 3 time Stanley Cup champion.

Clean house or bust

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796046 is a reply to message #796042 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Holy crap!!! Chychrun is a league worst -29 in only 26GP! 14 worse than 2nd worst in the NHL. 18 worse than the next worse on his team (Beagle at -11).

I don't put much stock +/- numbers in a vacuum, but these are eye popping numbers nonetheless

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796062 is a reply to message #796046 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 12:22

Holy crap!!! Chychrun is a league worst -29 in only 26GP! 14 worse than 2nd worst in the NHL. 18 worse than the next worse on his team (Beagle at -11).

I don't put much stock +/- numbers in a vacuum, but these are eye popping numbers nonetheless

Yeah, I think I'd be a bit worried about that. Are his numbers bad because he plays a ton of minutes on a terrible team? Or is his defensive game full of holes? I'd want a really good analytics team to help me decipher that - buuuuut all we have is the guy who books hotels for the team doing some math in his spare time.

I'm not sure that I would spend a lot to get a defenceman right now unless we can drop a couple boat anchors in the process. I think if Arizona has their way, they want prospects and picks for the rest of their rebuild. They have 12 picks this year including 8 in the first two rounds and I suspect they want more. If they're taking on bad contracts, chances are they want ones that end this year...which sadly we have none of - we always sign our bad contracts to multi-year deals.

I don't think this is a great fit at the moment.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796066 is a reply to message #796062 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

One more thing on Arizona:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/coyotes

That is an insane amount of UFAs at season's end. They're likely to have 50%+ turnover next year!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796163 is a reply to message #796066 ]
Fri, 17 December 2021 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 18:58

That is an insane amount of UFAs at season's end. They're likely to have 50%+ turnover next year!

What's even more wild are the shear number of 1st and 2nd round picks they have. It's going to be a make or break year for the future of the Houston Aeros.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796165 is a reply to message #796163 ]
Fri, 17 December 2021 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Fri, 17 December 2021 10:57

What's even more wild are the shear number of 1st and 2nd round picks they have. It's going to be a make or break year for the future of the Houston Aeros.

That's a weird way to spell the Kansas City Scouts.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796175 is a reply to message #796165 ]
Fri, 17 December 2021 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 17 December 2021 11:12

Can’t call them scouts after the way the Empire treated the native citizens of Endor.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796177 is a reply to message #796165 ]
Fri, 17 December 2021 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 17 December 2021 13:12

I feel like we need a poll for predicting the Coyotes future home.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796182 is a reply to message #796177 ]
Fri, 17 December 2021 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Fri, 17 December 2021 13:33

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 17 December 2021 13:12

I feel like we need a poll for predicting the Coyotes future home.

Houston, KC, and Quebec City are the obvious choices. Stupid choices are Portland, Atlanta (lol), Milwaukee, Cleveland 9bring back the Barons!), and Hamilton? Maybe another team in LA? I suppose actually staying Phoenix is possible.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796189 is a reply to message #796182 ]
Fri, 17 December 2021 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 17 December 2021 18:02

Stupid choices are…Barons

Barons - what a great name! Legendary even.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796200 is a reply to message #796182 ]
Sat, 18 December 2021 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I’m 100% on board the Atlanta train. Make bettman try to keep another team there until he retires

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796048 is a reply to message #796042 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 12:07

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 10:28

I would think that most teams trading for Chychrun are going to have to shed some cap to get him. Arizona is in financial troubles, so the name of the game would be keeping the real dollars low. In that area, I think Keith makes a lot of sense for them. Is Ken Holland smart enough to realize that though, and is he smart enough to move on from his 3 time Stanley Cup champion.

terrible idea. You need Keith here for when Chychrun comes in. Who else is going to teach him what it takes to be a champion. Like when to look the other way if something uncomfortable happens during your championship window, or about forgetting about that thing and any conversations around it afterwards? Or what about doing what is right for you and your teammates and getting vaccinated, eventually, because it'd be pretty inconvenient for you to have you quarantine every time you come back to canada to see your son... oops I mean play home games.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796051 is a reply to message #796031 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitmen4  is currently offline hitmen4

No Cups

Oilers should be all over this if true. Chychrun is a stud. While it's too bad he's a LHD running Nurse & Chychrun on the left side for the next 3 years would be a massive opportunity for the Oilers.

Wonder if a Chychrun + Crouse for a 1st, Brodberg, Lavoie/Savoie/Petrov and Kassian swap would have some legs. Oilers would need to shed some salary either in this move or in a separate one (preferably Barrie for a low event 3RD type).

Nurse - Bouchard
Chychrun - Ceci

Throw in Keith and a responsible 3RD type on the 3rd pair and it's actually a pretty solid group.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796053 is a reply to message #796051 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

hitmen4 wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 14:11

Oilers should be all over this if true. Chychrun is a stud. While it's too bad he's a LHD running Nurse & Chychrun on the left side for the next 3 years would be a massive opportunity for the Oilers.

Wonder if a Chychrun + Crouse for a 1st, Brodberg, Lavoie/Savoie/Petrov and Kassian swap would have some legs. Oilers would need to shed some salary either in this move or in a separate one (preferably Barrie for a low event 3RD type).

Nurse - Bouchard
Chychrun - Ceci

Throw in Keith and a responsible 3RD type on the 3rd pair and it's actually a pretty solid group.

I was thinking more like;
1st, yamo, Barrie, Samarukov(sp?) for Chychrun and Crouse.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796054 is a reply to message #796053 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

You guys put Eklund's rumour mongering to shame.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796055 is a reply to message #796054 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 15:41

You guys put Eklund's rumour mongering to shame.

What’s that?

Koskinen, Kassian and Turris for Chychrun?! Get it done!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796072 is a reply to message #796053 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 13:35

I'd keep Samorukov until he gets a season in the NHL, see what you have before you trade it away for a low ball price, I think he might eventually be the one of the best Oiler D prospects

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796075 is a reply to message #796072 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 18:25

I'd keep Samorukov until he gets a season in the NHL, see what you have before you trade it away for a low ball price, I think he might eventually be the one of the best Oiler D prospects

I’d like to keep sammy too but if moving him allowed a left side of Nurse, Chychrun Keith.. oh baby.

The sky is falling but any window has to be in the here and now. Sammy is definitely not untouchable in my mind, especially if including him allows for a Barrie or Kassian to go the other way.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796082 is a reply to message #796075 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 16:48

I’d like to keep sammy too but if moving him allowed a left side of Nurse, Chychrun Keith.. oh baby.

The sky is falling but any window has to be in the here and now. Sammy is definitely not untouchable in my mind, especially if including him allows for a Barrie or Kassian to go the other way.

I agree it'd be a fantastic D line up.. worth Sammy, but the cap would be in flames.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796085 is a reply to message #796082 ]
Thu, 16 December 2021 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 16 December 2021 00:25

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 16:48

I agree it'd be a fantastic D line up.. worth Sammy, but the cap would be in flames.

Cap is already in flames.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796087 is a reply to message #796085 ]
Thu, 16 December 2021 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 16 December 2021 05:18

Well not quite in flames yet, the roof is still on the house, but the pilot light is on.. and the shutoff valve is leaky :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796089 is a reply to message #796087 ]
Thu, 16 December 2021 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 16 December 2021 07:22

Well not quite in flames yet, the roof is still on the house, but the pilot light is on.. and the shutoff valve is leaky :)

And OHMYGERD SOMEONE LEFT THE GAS STOVE ON!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796092 is a reply to message #796089 ]
Thu, 16 December 2021 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 16 December 2021 06:23

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 16 December 2021 07:22

And OHMYGERD SOMEONE LEFT THE GAS STOVE ON!!!

This is stressing me out. I need a smoke.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796056 is a reply to message #796031 ]
Wed, 15 December 2021 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfann  is currently offline Oilfann

No Cups

I hope they make a serious offer without Bouchard, Broberg, Holloway, or Xavier Bourgault included. Couple firsts and Savoie plus a 2nd or 3rd to take Kassian to make room cap wise.

On a side note Ryan has been so bad I wouldn't mind seeing Xavier Bourgault play a couple games. He looked pretty good in the preseason.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796203 is a reply to message #796056 ]
Sat, 18 December 2021 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Oilfann wrote on Wed, 15 December 2021 14:56

I hope they make a serious offer without Bouchard, Broberg, Holloway, or Xavier Bourgault included. Couple firsts and Savoie plus a 2nd or 3rd to take Kassian to make room cap wise.

On a side note Ryan has been so bad I wouldn't mind seeing Xavier Bourgault play a couple games. He looked pretty good in the preseason.

Couple issues with Bourgault. I don’t think he’s signed his ELC yet and it’s not that easy to recall a junior player to the NHL in season. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think it has to be on an emergency basis. COVID making this more and more likely that teams may have to dip in to their junior talents.

Also welcome to OilFans. The more the merrier!

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796375 is a reply to message #796203 ]
Thu, 23 December 2021 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfann  is currently offline Oilfann

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 18 December 2021 18:39

Couple issues with Bourgault. I don’t think he’s signed his ELC yet and it’s not that easy to recall a junior player to the NHL in season. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think it has to be on an emergency basis. COVID making this more and more likely that teams may have to dip in to their junior talents.

Thank you. I did not realize he hasn't signed his ELC. It's a shame Holloway isn't ready and Bourgault isn't eligible as the bottom 6 could use some scoring. Turris and Ryan have been aweful so even a couple rookies would be better IMO. Any word on Holloways recovery?

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796376 is a reply to message #796375 ]
Thu, 23 December 2021 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oilfann wrote on Thu, 23 December 2021 09:45

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 18 December 2021 18:39

Thank you. I did not realize he hasn't signed his ELC. It's a shame Holloway isn't ready and Bourgault isn't eligible as the bottom 6 could use some scoring. Turris and Ryan have been aweful so even a couple rookies would be better IMO. Any word on Holloways recovery?

There was some speculation he may be healthy mid-January. That's half a season missed though so he's down to the farm at that point and I don't expect to see him this year. Kid is only 20, so you don't need him learning on the job in the NHL at this stage. Bourgault is even younger, so again, best for his development to just let him thrive where he's at. Tippett doesn't trust young players - even older young guys like Benson - so is he going to give those kids the keys to the castle? Even if they were ready, I doubt they'd play and I think both likely aren't yet ready for prime time.

Re: Coyotes gauging market for Jakob Chychrun [message #796378 is a reply to message #796376 ]
Thu, 23 December 2021 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
benv  is currently offline benv

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Thu, 23 December 2021 11:17

Tippett doesn't trust young players - even older young guys like Benson -

Again I would say this is a textbook example of confirmation bias. Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Skinner, Bouchard, and McLeod are all younger than Benson and seem to have the coaches trust right now. Kyle Turris is old and doesn't. I would argue that Benson's performance, not his age, are the main factors in any lack of trust.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 December 2021 12:08]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Maurice
Next Topic:The Seattle expansion.
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca