This day on May 26
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilcrazy99, Crazy Oiler with nice moves, Oiler_fan11, jordy

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves!Pages (13): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788876 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Sat, 10 July 2021 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Lebanc is on the the radar to be moved out of San Jose. 4.75M, RH shot skilled winger who is 25 years old with term. Considered the hardest working player in San Jose with an accurate shot. 20 goal plus potential with a + career .50 ppg average.

Maybe San Jose see Koskinen as a way to secure Wright at #1 next year?

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788877 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Sat, 10 July 2021 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm is currently online Oscargasm

6 Cups

Bracing for the impending poop storm that will be Oilers media and twitter the next couple weeks from the thousands upon thousands of internet GMs who claim to know more than Ken Holland or any other NHL GM for that matter.

I, for the record, do know more than Holland, if that was ever a question.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788879 is a reply to message #788877 ]
Sat, 10 July 2021 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 10 July 2021 12:44

Bracing for the impending poop storm that will be Oilers media and twitter the next couple weeks from the thousands upon thousands of internet GMs who claim to know more than Ken Holland or any other NHL GM for that matter.

But, did you ever win a Cup in Detroit?

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788880 is a reply to message #788879 ]
Sat, 10 July 2021 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 10 July 2021 12:48

Naw, we were the away team when we won it.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788881 is a reply to message #788880 ]
Sat, 10 July 2021 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 10 July 2021 12:08

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 10 July 2021 12:48

Naw, we were the away team when we won it.

👍🏻

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788892 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Sun, 11 July 2021 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Broberg will be with the big club this season, after a bunch of swing and misses.

Nurse-Bear
Broberg-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

😏

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788901 is a reply to message #788892 ]
Sun, 11 July 2021 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 11 July 2021 10:35

Broberg will be with the big club this season, after a bunch of swing and misses.

Nurse-Bear
Broberg-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

😏

I am not sure the team will come up with better options but that is a scary opening night lineup.
- I have faith Bear is a going to have a long career. Might sniff the 1st pairing but is likely a 2nd pairing guy.
- Asking Broberg to play 2ndf pairing as a rookie is a tough task. I would be concerned that his mistakes ruin his confidence. Especially given the fans of this teams history of losing support for a player in a hurry when played out of their depth.
- On that note. Larsson was better last year, I think he is useful. I dont think he is good enough, especially fast enough, to cover for the inevitable chances caused by an offensive minded, rookie.
- Russell is done as an NHL regular. I have hated his game for years and it is declining.
- Same with him/Larsson as Broberg/Bouchard.

If both Broberg and Bouchard are on the Oilers opening night I will be very surprised. I fully expect Keith to become an Oiler. My opinion on that will come down to the cost and where he is deployed.
If he is on the third pairing to break in Bouchard I can live with that. This also would allow Broberg to spend a year in the A.
They would still need to sign another guy to save me watching Russell every night but I wont hold my breath.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788905 is a reply to message #788892 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Nurse-Bear
Broberg-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

😏

So are you predicting we're firing the coach then? I can't even imagine what playing two rookie defencemen on the same team would do to Dave Tippett's brain.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788911 is a reply to message #788905 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 12 July 2021 00:48

Nurse-Bear
Broberg-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

😏

So are you predicting we're firing the coach then? I can't even imagine what playing two rookie defencemen on the same team would do to Dave Tippett's brain.

Yep, Tippett will be canned this season. Heard it here first.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788913 is a reply to message #788911 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 12 July 2021 09:39

Adam wrote on Mon, 12 July 2021 00:48

Nurse-Bear
Broberg-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

😏

Yep, Tippett will be canned this season. Heard it here first.

Steelcroft already planned out how he'll be setting up Tippett's office.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788914 is a reply to message #788913 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jim Matheson with yet another gem.

Quote:

Jim Matheson
@jimmathesonnhl

Wonder if Mike Smith's agent Kurt Overhardt is looking at the Oilers goalie landscape and thinking I have to be paid as a starter, even at my age, so $2 million isn't going to quite cut it.

Where else would Mike Smith at age 39 be the starting netminder? Nowhere? Then pay the man accordingly.

I'm definitely concerned we get another Gryba-style, "cause-he's-such-a-nice-guy" contract for Smith, rather than a market driven deal.

I do wonder if any of these guys understand that if you're trying to be competitive, you can't just throw cap space away.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788916 is a reply to message #788914 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 12 July 2021 09:52

Jim Matheson with yet another gem.

Quote:

Jim Matheson
@jimmathesonnhl

Wonder if Mike Smith's agent Kurt Overhardt is looking at the Oilers goalie landscape and thinking I have to be paid as a starter, even at my age, so $2 million isn't going to quite cut it.

Where else would Mike Smith at age 39 be the starting netminder? Nowhere? Then pay the man accordingly.

I'm definitely concerned we get another Gryba-style, "cause-he's-such-a-nice-guy" contract for Smith, rather than a market driven deal.

I do wonder if any of these guys understand that if you're trying to be competitive, you can't just throw cap space away.

Kassian is moved for Jarry... as per Felix. 😏

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788918 is a reply to message #788916 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mullet  is currently offline Mullet

No Cups

Really hope we don’t overpay on Keith or smith. Also don’t want then to do buyout for cap space then sit on it also sekera. Next few weeks will show us a lot about Holland’s planning and
Bargaining skills.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788919 is a reply to message #788918 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mullet wrote on Mon, 12 July 2021 10:31

Really hope we don’t overpay on Keith or smith. Also don’t want then to do buyout for cap space then sit on it also sekera. Next few weeks will show us a lot about Holland’s planning and
Bargaining skills.

If you're looking for positives, they haven't made any of those mistakes yet. They certainly could have signed Smith for a silly amount before now, or made a bad trade for Keith right away.

Maybe they've learned from past mistakes and have decided not to make more...

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788924 is a reply to message #788919 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike is currently online Mike

4 Cups

Even more than Keith (or at least as much), I'm starting to worry about the rumours I've seen about us being interested in Hyman. He is from Toronto, has played his whole career there after being acquired via trade, is a fan favorite, and definitely has a role in the Leafs lineup. The Leafs prospects are at least as good as ours (threw up in my mouth a little). So if he's leaving, I would have to think it's purely about the money and term.

He just turned 29. There is no untapped potential here. He has a career high 41 points, though he would likely have eclipsed that the last 2 years as his pro-rated totals would have been 59 and 63 points, but unless you're James Neal, nobody cares about pro-rating.

I dunno - this has all the makings of a contract that will turn ugly sooner rather than later (assuming something like 5.5x5 or something silly like that)

Honestly I can't blame him if he chases the money - he hasn't made huge dollars this far and this will likely be his one big contract, so all the power to him. But I hope it's somewhere else.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788970 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

So, next move. Buy out Kostko and give all the cap space we free from that to Mike Smith on a 2 year 4.5M deal?

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #788975 is a reply to message #788970 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 12 July 2021 13:38

So, next move. Buy out Kostko and give all the cap space we free from that to Mike Smith on a 2 year 4.5M deal?

You offer Smith only 2 years and somebody will scoop him. Has to be a 4 or 5 year deal.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789053 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The media sales job was legit. We have some cap space this summer

https://media3.giphy.com/media/gzQQaZWUjSomCaUimW/giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b19oil7gi00ma7ngfli5ay8spqjpacz9uqyaoimn4&rid=giphy.gif&ct=v

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789055 is a reply to message #789053 ]
Mon, 12 July 2021 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 12 July 2021 20:52

The media sales job was legit. We have some cap space this summer

https://media3.giphy.com/media/gzQQaZWUjSomCaUimW/giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b19oil7gi00ma7ngfli5ay8spqjpacz9uqyaoimn4&rid=giphy.gif&ct=v

I still take this as a win for Smith's agent. You make a ridiculous ask and watch the counter from Holland come in at higher than you actually expected to be able to get...

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789183 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Listened to Holland on Stauffer’s show yesterday. The low lights.

* You need to overpay in UFA with either term or money. Sounded like he’s going to turn Hyman into a rich man.

* Stauffer force fed Holland justification answers to the Keith deal.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789184 is a reply to message #789183 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 08:18

* You need to overpay in UFA with either term or money. Sounded like he’s going to turn Hyman into a rich man.

Is what Holland said wrong about UFA's? Except for guys resigning with their old team, other than the lower tier guys, typically any UFA of note gets way more money and term than they should. Was an almost 31 yr old Pietrangelo worth 8.8 mill x 7 yrs? What are the chances in 3 to 4 years when he's pushing 36 he will be an 8.8 mill dman? Highly unlikely.

You can go down the list of players year after year and generally UFA's if they move teams get more money and term than they are worth.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789190 is a reply to message #789184 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 08:25

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 08:18

Is what Holland said wrong about UFA's? Except for guys resigning with their old team, other than the lower tier guys, typically any UFA of note gets way more money and term than they should. Was an almost 31 yr old Pietrangelo worth 8.8 mill x 7 yrs? What are the chances in 3 to 4 years when he's pushing 36 he will be an 8.8 mill dman? Highly unlikely.

You can go down the list of players year after year and generally UFA's if they move teams get more money and term than they are worth.

I believe you do not automatically concede an overpay in a flat cap era. Just like you do not automatically concede to lose a trade for Keith.

If Zach Hyman costs 36M over 6, then I give it a hard pass. The Keith deal likely means we are buying out both Koskinen and Neal, unless Holland magically figures out how to get some to retain money in a trade. Unfortunately Jones and a draft pick were our best trade capital. I can't see Holland moving this or next years 1st or 2nd. Those buyouts will add to our dead money pool.

Koskinen - 1.5M/yr thru 22/23
Neal - 1.916M/yr thru 24/25
Sekera - 1.5M/yr thru 22/23
Lucic retention - 750K/yr thru 22/23

That's a bit more than 5.25M per season of dead money (That's a pretty nice player we are paying for, but not getting) for the next two years and then it drops to a more palatable 1.916M for the remaining two years. Just in time to buy out Hyman.

I hate being so negative, but geez....I had defended Holland right up until this last deal. I can't. Just can't. This is not good. I hope he proves me wrong.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789194 is a reply to message #789190 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike is currently online Mike

4 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 12:07

I believe you do not automatically concede an overpay in a flat cap era. Just like you do not automatically concede to lose a trade for Keith.

Bingo! Yes we all know UFAs often are overpaid. But not always. And as one of the guys doing the paying, you don't concede that you'll need to get taken to the woodshed yet again. Especially in a flat cap.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789200 is a reply to message #789194 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 08:12

Bingo! Yes we all know UFAs often are overpaid. But not always. And as one of the guys doing the paying, you don't concede that you'll need to get taken to the woodshed yet again. Especially in a flat cap.

Funny to hear that talk coming from the guy who signed Barrie under market value just last year. Probably wouldn’t need to overpay Mike Hoffman…

Clean house or bust

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789201 is a reply to message #789200 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 10:08

Funny to hear that talk coming from the guy who signed Barrie under market value just last year. Probably wouldn’t need to overpay Mike Hoffman…

Tatar seems like a good "show me" deal candidate this summer. Can play either wing. A confident guy should obviously see the Oilers as a nice place for a winger to be able to rejuvenate their career.

Holland also knows the player, which is obviously a great bonus!

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2021 10:28]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789204 is a reply to message #789201 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 10:25

Tatar seems like a good "show me" deal candidate this summer. Can play either wing. A confident guy should obviously see the Oilers as a nice place for a winger to be able to rejuvenate their career.

There just seems like an awful lot of "if he has a bounce back year" when it comes to Oilers transactions. I wonder if there's any analytics on players trending downwards as they age...

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789206 is a reply to message #789204 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 10:54

There just seems like an awful lot of "if he has a bounce back year" when it comes to Oilers transactions. I wonder if there's any analytics on players trending downwards as they age...

Don't be ageists.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789208 is a reply to message #789204 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Tatar is only 30. 61 points in 68 games in 19/20. I don't think he's done. Just a rough year fighting through an injury in a shortened season.

Not joking here, I honestly would take a chance on him if he'd sign a short term deal :)

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2021 11:19]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789226 is a reply to message #789208 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 11:17

Tatar is only 30. 61 points in 68 games in 19/20. I don't think he's done. Just a rough year fighting through an injury in a shortened season.

Not joking here, I honestly would take a chance on him if he'd sign a short term deal :)

Super cheap though...like bury him in the AHL cheap.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789229 is a reply to message #789226 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 13:40

I think he might cost more than that . 30 points in 50 games this season. I actually didn't know he put that production up. I only remember the end of his year when he was busted up. Better 5v5 production than the Nuge and he didn't even need a McDavid! Only 2 oilers forwards had more EV points than Tatar this season. You know the ones

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789231 is a reply to message #789229 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 13:45

I think he might cost more than that . 30 points in 50 games this season. I actually didn't know he put that production up. I only remember the end of his year when he was busted up. Better 5v5 production than the Nuge and he didn't even need a McDavid! Only 2 oilers forwards had more EV points than Tatar this season. You know the ones

It's such a what have you done lately league though, and all anyone is going to remember is that they healthy scratched him for most of the playoffs...

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789232 is a reply to message #789231 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 13:48

It's such a what have you done lately league though, and all anyone is going to remember is that they healthy scratched him for most of the playoffs...

This is where Holland knowing the player becomes a huge advantage though...for the Tatar camp.

To be fair though, pretty sure his getting scratched was more to do with his game being messed up by injury. Bergevin was pretty sympathetic towards Tatar at the end of the year and how he struggled to try to get his game back.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2021 13:57]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789233 is a reply to message #789232 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 13:49

This is where Holland knowing the player becomes a huge advantage though...for the Tatar camp.

Ha ha ha...

What about a Parise reclamation story?

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789234 is a reply to message #789233 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 13:50

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 13:49

Ha ha ha...

What about a Parise reclamation story?

A chance to right a wrong of an old draft pick we gave away. Very easy story for Oilers media guys to sell.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789235 is a reply to message #789231 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

That is the part our fan base will try to ignore when we overpay him.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789236 is a reply to message #789194 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 09:12

Flat cap has nothing to do with it. In my opinion, and there is always going to be the odd exception, but in general UFA's tend to be overpaid. They either get too much money, too much term or both. I have no doubt in my mind that as much as I like Nuge, if he went to market he would have got over 6 mill on a deal that was close in length which is an overpay.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789237 is a reply to message #789236 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 14:08

Flat cap has nothing to do with it. In my opinion, and there is always going to be the odd exception, but in general UFA's tend to be overpaid. They either get too much money, too much term or both. I have no doubt in my mind that as much as I like Nuge, if he went to market he would have got over 6 mill on a deal that was close in length which is an overpay.

Wonder what the batting average is on UFA long term deals where you're not signing your own guys that you have a multi-year relationship with already. Hossa is probably one of the best of those ever (had the benefit of a huge back dive and eventual LTIR magic of course). We obviously have consistent sucked at them. Most teams probably do.

Hope we can find our next Barrie out there. Someone that wants a 1 year deal to rack up some points with McDrai. Currently worried about us giving a boat anchor deal to Hyman.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2021 14:14]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789238 is a reply to message #789237 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 14:12

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 14:08

Wonder what the batting average is on UFA long term deals where you're not signing your own guys that you have a multi-year relationship with already. Hossa is probably one of the best of those ever (had the benefit of a huge back dive and eventual LTIR magic of course). We obviously have consistent sucked at them. Most teams probably do.

Hope we can find our next Barrie out there. Someone that wants a 1 year deal to rack up some points with McDrai.

I am a big fan of doing another Barrie type of deal for a top 6 winger. Go find a fairly proven player who had a bad year so he's not going to get the money or term he wants. Sell him on the McD/Leon factor to pump up his numbers for the next contract so you get him on the cheap.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789248 is a reply to message #789238 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oiler76  is currently offline Oiler76

No Cups

https://twitter.com/akaRCN/status/1415408351349854210?s=20

According to Gregor, Koski trade coming up and Oilers will retain some salary

" The Vancouver Canucks: Celebrating Second Round Losses for 50 years!"

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789249 is a reply to message #789248 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

If he was making less money, he wouldn't be a terrible back up for a lot of teams.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #789253 is a reply to message #789249 ]
Wed, 14 July 2021 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 14:55

If he was making less money, he wouldn't be a terrible back up for a lot of teams.

I think I would be happy keeping him here at 1.5M, but then I’d be looking to upgrade Smith.

I’m hoping Holland has some M. Night Shyamalan magic in him. I’m waiting for the magical plot twist that brings the audience together at the end.

Pages (13): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Future NHL Cap Projections
Next Topic:Oilers and Tyson Barrie Closing in on Deal
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca