This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42)Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781938]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:05 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781940 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

First shift 21 and 56 can't get the puck out of their zone, smurf effect, LD needs an upgrade on wing.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781941 is a reply to message #781940 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Ugh, I'm getting big flashbacks to that last game vs these guys. Minus the 2 goals we spotted them in the first couple of mins anyway.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781942 is a reply to message #781941 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 16:31

Ugh, I'm getting big flashbacks to that last game vs these guys. Minus the 2 goals we spotted them in the first couple of mins anyway.

Smith holding them in there.. This game will be a grind..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781943 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

save, save, turnover, save, save, turnover, faceoff, turnover, save, save, shot on goal!

repeat

This is awful. Thank god Smith is still playing lights out.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781944 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Pulju getting bad habits.. too many looping fly-bys, at start of the year he was starting and stopping, getting lazy..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781948 is a reply to message #781944 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 17:41

Pulju getting bad habits.. too many looping fly-bys, at start of the year he was starting and stopping, getting lazy..

He's a monkey see, monkey do player. McDavid and Draisaitl both playing down tonight, dont seem too concerned with their own end. Lazy on the forecheck.

Speaking of which, what happened to the honey badger Yamo from the start of the season? He seems to do big, looping figure eights each shifts these days. I am not sure if he was within 3 feet of the boards once that period.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781945 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Jujhar Hockey just runnin the show out there with the puck protection. Looking like a prime Laraque

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781946 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Yep. Totally thought we would be up one right now. Never doubted the rope a dope strategy for a second.
Glad to see secondary scoring as the stars are getting no pressure tonight

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781947 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

That's the least-deserved lead of the year.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781949 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

We are ridiculously fortunate to come out of the first period up by one.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781950 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

JJ to Shore!!

Anyone who doubts the value of heavy hockey, watch Khaira lug that puck out of his own zone and carry it all the way to the net, he was hacked and whacked the entire length of the ice and kept possession of the puck, culminating in a grade A shot on net, rebound goes to Shore for an empty net goal.. This is what the team is missing at wing..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781951 is a reply to message #781950 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 17:47

JJ to Shore!!

Anyone who doubts the value of heavy hockey, watch Khaira lug that puck out of his own zone and carry it all the way to the net, he was hacked and whacked the entire length of the ice and kept possession of the puck, culminating in a grade A shot on net, rebound goes to Shore for an empty net goal.. This is what the team is missing at wing..

I dont think many doubt the value of heavy hockey but once every ten games doesnt move the needle much. Without skill and speed size is mostly useless.
Finding a legit power forward would be great and all but after a Norris caliber right handed D it might be the hardest archetype to come across. This team chased the dream for years and drafted every coke machine they could find but most couldn't play hockey.
After years of looking for a Lucic they signed the real deal (pun intended) and we know how that turned out.

Skill and ability need to be the priority, deduction for being small bonus points for oversized. Bottom line if the skill isn't there size wont help.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781952 is a reply to message #781951 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 16:52

JJ to Shore!!

I dont think many doubt the value of heavy hockey but once every ten games doesnt move the needle much. Without skill and speed size is mostly useless.
Finding a legit power forward would be great and all but after a Norris caliber right handed D it might be the hardest archetype to come across. This team chased the dream for years and drafted every coke machine they could find but most couldn't play hockey.
After years of looking for a Lucic they signed the real deal (pun intended) and we know how that turned out.

Skill and ability need to be the priority, deduction for being small bonus points for oversized. Bottom line if the skill isn't there size wont help.

You need NHL speed no matter what size.. when I say heavy hockey I'm assuming the heavy has NHL speed.. JJ has NHL speed others don't.. like 39

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781954 is a reply to message #781952 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 17:56

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 16:52

JJ to Shore!!

You need NHL speed no matter what size.. when I say heavy hockey I'm assuming the heavy has NHL speed.. JJ has NHL speed others don't.. like 39

Ya, I know you mention speed a lot so you get it. My fear is many don't, namely those in charge.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781955 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Outshot 15-5, 1-0 lead. It's like Eakins is coaching but the complete opposite.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781956 is a reply to message #781955 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 18:08

Outshot 15-5, 1-0 lead. It's like Eakins is coaching but the complete opposite.

HAHAHA no doubt. I don't think many stats will look good for that period except one, amazingly it is the only one that counts.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781957 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

That Bear/Jones combo is dangerous, for the Oilers.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781958 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Jones and Shoresy with the rarely seen synchronized starfish! What are the odds that would happen and one of them was not named Russell?
Ended up likely saving a goal, that scrum had me worried and am pretty impressed to come out of it with a PP

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781959 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Hate it when they try to get fancy with a Globetrotters level PP. Just shot when you have a good shot.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781960 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Holy crap how isn't that a call on LD ???????????????????????????????

F me what bush league.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781961 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Ah NHL refs.

Call a legit penalty on PoolParty
Call a bogus penalty on Stall to even up
Ignore a huge penalty against Drai because you just called the even up.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781962 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

39 faint ... wish we had a sniper on the PP

Total trip on McD by Weber what a BS league.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2021 18:37]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781964 is a reply to message #781962 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 18:35

Darrell with a big shot, and yes apparently you can stop 97 with a 2 hand chop. Should still be on the PP.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781966 is a reply to message #781964 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 17:38

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 18:35

Darrell with a big shot, and yes apparently you can stop 97 with a 2 hand chop. Should still be on the PP.

No kidding man.. two hand chop on the guy with the puck on a scoring drive to the net.. in front of TWO refs.. Tim Peel might be gone but "SCORE Management" lives on!

Freaking Embarrassing.

A person with some media tech savvy should put together a compilation of all the non-called penalties on McDavid, just to have it all archived in one place to embarrass NHL Corp.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781963 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

In your face REFS!

2-0 on a Darnell bullet.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781965 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Shore looks like a fan with an Oilers podcast not an elite athlete.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781967 is a reply to message #781965 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 17:45

Shore looks like a fan with an Oilers podcast not an elite athlete.

Yeah he's got a pretty round melon on him.
The guy has turned into a solid piece.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781968 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Jones... weak as an over cooked noodle.. guy is unable to win a puck battle.. Call him an Uber to the Taxi squad..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781969 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Lackadaisical attitude with the puck in their own end is so frustrating. It is one thing having some turnovers with a forecheck in your face but over and again the Oilers are making weak passes, mis- handling it and in general not taking care of the puck.
I believe it was 5 shifts in a row there was a grade A giveaway before that goal finally punished them for it.

After the intermission was spent buttering fans up for lack of trade help incoming this team has some tightening up to do if they want to make any noise in the playoffs.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781970 is a reply to message #781969 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 18:09

Lackadaisical attitude with the puck in their own end is so frustrating. It is one thing having some turnovers with a forecheck in your face but over and again the Oilers are making weak passes, mis- handling it and in general not taking care of the puck.
I believe it was 5 shifts in a row there was a grade A giveaway before that goal finally punished them for it.

After the intermission was spent buttering fans up for lack of trade help incoming this team has some tightening up to do if they want to make any noise in the playoffs.

I think they should pass on a trade and just call up some Condor help. McLeod, Marody, Benson probably better than 21, 39

and.. can't stand 82's game.. Bouchard or Lagesson should both be playing instead of this guy.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2021 19:18]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781972 is a reply to message #781970 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 19:12

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 18:09

I think they should pass on a trade and just call up some Condor help. McLeod, Marody, Benson probably better than 21, 39

39 should have a pair tonight.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781971 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Just run with 4 D for the rest of the game, Tip.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781974 is a reply to message #781971 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 18:16

Just run with 4 D for the rest of the game, Tip.

Exactly. Can't believe I'm still seeing 82 out there.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781973 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

I’m in and out.

How is RNH looking?

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781976 is a reply to message #781973 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 19:18

I’m in and out.

How is RNH looking?

You'll have to wait till the next RDO installment for the assessment.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781977 is a reply to message #781973 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I’m in and out.

How is RNH looking?

Like he should take the rumored offer and consider it a gift.
Jokes aside he has been average. Decent on the PP but unremarkable 5 V 5. Still one of the top 5 or 6 forwards though

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781979 is a reply to message #781977 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 05 April 2021 18:24

I’m in and out.

How is RNH looking?

Like he should take the rumored offer and consider it a gift.
Jokes aside he has been average. Decent on the PP but unremarkable 5 V 5. Still one of the top 5 or 6 forwards though

Agree. 93 is having an off year.. or a decline.. hard to tell which.. might be expensive to find out.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781975 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Chia's son throwing away some many amazing gifts tonight. Frustrating

DOWN THE STRETCH!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42) [message #781980 is a reply to message #781938 ]
Mon, 05 April 2021 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

2 Cups

No wonder the Habs suck in OT. They're not even trying to score, just playing keep away killing the clock.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #42)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca