This day on January 18
Acquired: Micah Aivazoff (1995) Len Esau (1995) Dean Kennedy (1995)

Happy Birthday To: brad233, gloss233, joker911

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » K. Lowe Leaves the Oil Party Planning Committee
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 K. Lowe Leaves the Oil Party Planning Committee [message #736979]
Fri, 03 May 2019 15:10 Go to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

Now I recognize this could be a long way off, but the event is so important for the city I feel like we should start planning now. Obviously it will be a month long celebration but we should have a contingency budget if it ends up going over that amount of time.

I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel here. Let's "steal with pride" from similar moments in history like the fall of Mussolini's Italy or the ending of the Wizard of Oz.

Zero hour: The announcement is made. Safe to assume people will congregate in the Winter Garden for a hearty rendition of "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" and burning in effigy. It's difficult to get a liquor licence on short notice so we should approach Rogers Place about a viewing party for the press conference with general public access (like the 2016-17 playoff run but larger crowds of course).

The following 6-10 days will be a bit of a blur, with most if not all of the city's inhabitants heavily intoxicated. Day 11 we present the key to the city to whoever managed to convince Daryl that the time had come. Massive parade at this point. Some floats I have in mind would be giant Mike Comrie and Sheldon Sourays and maybe one with 6 Stanley Cups not being involved in hockey operations (NOt married to this one, i'm not a marketing guru after all) I'd allow another week or so of partying from there.

Next we retire #4 in taylor hall's honor. Admittedly this is a bit spiteful but so is destroying a beloved franchise for a generation of fans.

From there i'm thinking music festivals, maybe a charity hockey tournament. We really can't go wrong from an event planning point of view.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: K. Lowe Leaves the Oil Party Planning Committee [message #736981 is a reply to message #736979 ]
Fri, 03 May 2019 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 03 May 2019 15:10

Now I recognize this could be a long way off, but the event is so important for the city I feel like we should start planning now. Obviously it will be a month long celebration but we should have a contingency budget if it ends up going over that amount of time.

I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel here. Let's "steal with pride" from similar moments in history like the fall of Mussolini's Italy or the ending of the Wizard of Oz.

Zero hour: The announcement is made. Safe to assume people will congregate in the Winter Garden for a hearty rendition of "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" and burning in effigy. It's difficult to get a liquor licence on short notice so we should approach Rogers Place about a viewing party for the press conference with general public access (like the 2016-17 playoff run but larger crowds of course).

The following 6-10 days will be a bit of a blur, with most if not all of the city's inhabitants heavily intoxicated. Day 11 we present the key to the city to whoever managed to convince Daryl that the time had come. Massive parade at this point. Some floats I have in mind would be giant Mike Comrie and Sheldon Sourays and maybe one with 6 Stanley Cups not being involved in hockey operations (NOt married to this one, i'm not a marketing guru after all) I'd allow another week or so of partying from there.

Next we retire #4 in taylor hall's honor. Admittedly this is a bit spiteful but so is destroying a beloved franchise for a generation of fans.

From there i'm thinking music festivals, maybe a charity hockey tournament. We really can't go wrong from an event planning point of view.

Even if Holland is granted full autonomy can he fire someone "no longer involved in hockey ops"?
I feel even if he is hired with that power that cockroach Lowe will be granted a stay of execution from Katz. Seriously the guy is the only constant in the decade+ of suck. We've changed countless coaches, GM's and players. Nuge is the only guy still around and all of this predates him. Heck, we even changed arenas which u would think help change the culture but the pervasive stink of Kevin Lowe remains plaguing this organization.

Let's go Brandon!! #FJB

Re: K. Lowe Leaves the Oil Party Planning Committee [message #736987 is a reply to message #736981 ]
Fri, 03 May 2019 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

But doesn’t the thought fill you with joy? Just imagining it made my day better today.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: K. Lowe Leaves the Oil Party Planning Committee [message #736991 is a reply to message #736979 ]
Fri, 03 May 2019 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

I read this all wrong and thought it was speculation he actually was leaving the Oilers' party planning committee. I thought it was a big blow to the parade planning that happens in the Kingsway office every year on July 10th just before they all turn out the lights and head to the Okanagan for the summer.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: K. Lowe Leaves the Oil Party Planning Committee [message #737004 is a reply to message #736979 ]
Fri, 03 May 2019 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Can Brian Burke give the toast?

Re: K. Lowe Leaves the Oil Party Planning Committee [message #737005 is a reply to message #737004 ]
Fri, 03 May 2019 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Fri, 03 May 2019 19:16

Can Brian Burke give the toast?

Yes. Assuming the firing happens in Burke’s lifetime.

Re: K. Lowe Leaves the Oil Party Planning Committee [message #737262 is a reply to message #736979 ]
Tue, 07 May 2019 13:14 Go to previous message

3 Cups

Party is on hold guys. 2024 we can revisit this.

Previous Topic:Free agent Joakim Nygard looking for a new home
Next Topic:Predict Who Will Be Named the Next GM
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca