This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers resign Kane 4 x 5.1Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers resign kane 4 x 5.1 [message #810814 is a reply to message #810742 ]
Mon, 25 July 2022 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 20 July 2022 08:14

Adam wrote on Tue, 19 July 2022 23:28

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 18 July 2022 08:43

Supposedly every Oilers player in their exit meeting said they wanted Kane back. Those exit meetings are where players get their chance to complain in private about anyone and anything. So if the team wanted him back especially the guys that drive the Oilers bus to success, that's good enough for me to bring him back.

Hockey culture isn’t great at self-policing. If it were, you’d have heard the names of everyone involved in the World Junior assault by now. The fact is, players don’t care much about off-ice bad behaviour if the player helps them win. I don’t think that’s anything to celebrate.

Despite all his issues, you can’t find a quote from any teammate of Evander Kane’s condemning anything he’s done other than anonymous stories about his misbehaviour at the team level.

If you’re a hockey exec, you need to look at everything - and ongoing legal issues and major character issues at every stop he’s been in? Those are serious red flags.

Remember he was on his best behaviour at the start in San Jose too. And then he made a lot of off-ice headlines and feuded with teammates and coaches.

The fact is, he’s a dirtbag who has been credibly accused of beating up a woman as well as a myriad of other smaller offences. He’s not likely to ever not be a dirtbag. His teammates may not care that he is a dirtbag, but I do. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

I wonder if there's an equivalency between your distaste of Kane and NetBOG's dislike for Hall.

Well, if it's shown credibly that Hall beat the crap out of some girl, then I'll join NetBOG in hating him too.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers resign kane 4 x 5.1 [message #812577 is a reply to message #810814 ]
Fri, 14 October 2022 14:21 Go to previous message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

I find it hilarious that fans, feel sports players should be held at a higher standard. This world will only survive on 2nd chances and people constantly improving. My policy is everyone gets a clean slate with me until proven otherwise.

Re: Oilers resign Kane 4 x 5.1 [message #811688 is a reply to message #810399 ]
Tue, 06 September 2022 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

This is why Kane is such a sniper.. every shot.. top corner.. blocker side.
https://twitter.com/evanderkane/status/1566820681181908992?c xt=HHwWgMCqifbGu74rAAAA
looking forward to see what his total is after a full season playing with McD..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers resign Kane 4 x 5.1 [message #811927 is a reply to message #810399 ]
Fri, 16 September 2022 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Anyone know exactly how this works out for Edmonton's cap?

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey /evander-kane-settlement-san-jose-will-top-up-kanes-salary-f or-next-three-seasons

Quote:

This in from Eliotte Friedman of Sportsnet, news that Evander Kane and the San Jose Sharks have settled their dispute: “On Evander Kane: original SJ deal was $19M in cash over next three years. Current EDM deal is $16.5M over next three years. It is believed settlement will address that gap.”

And Frank Seravalli of the Daily Faceoff adds: “Sounds like Evander Kane will receive a one-time payment from SJsharks and the cap penalty for San Jose will be retroactively applied to last season’s salary cap. SJsharks ended last season with just under $5 million in space, according to Cap Friendly.”

2.5M difference in SJ deal and ours. So, we get a 2.5M cap credit over 3 years? Somehow SJ is allowed to dump their penalty into the void of the past and have zero cap hit going forward for Kane.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers resign Kane 4 x 5.1 [message #811933 is a reply to message #811927 ]
Fri, 16 September 2022 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2022 11:42

Anyone know exactly how this works out for Edmonton's cap?

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey /evander-kane-settlement-san-jose-will-top-up-kanes-salary-f or-next-three-seasons

Quote:

This in from Eliotte Friedman of Sportsnet, news that Evander Kane and the San Jose Sharks have settled their dispute: “On Evander Kane: original SJ deal was $19M in cash over next three years. Current EDM deal is $16.5M over next three years. It is believed settlement will address that gap.”

And Frank Seravalli of the Daily Faceoff adds: “Sounds like Evander Kane will receive a one-time payment from SJsharks and the cap penalty for San Jose will be retroactively applied to last season’s salary cap. SJsharks ended last season with just under $5 million in space, according to Cap Friendly.”

2.5M difference in SJ deal and ours. So, we get a 2.5M cap credit over 3 years? Somehow SJ is allowed to dump their penalty into the void of the past and have zero cap hit going forward for Kane.

This was a good deal for Kane, but total BS with regards to SJ eliminating $20M of cap space they owed by dumping Kane on illegitimate grounds.. SJ walks away without paying any cap hit for Kane's contract .. NHL has rules .. until it decides they don't.. I'm sure there are a lot of GM's that are going to complain.. or just find fake reasons to suspend players whose contracts they want to void.

Anyway, it looks like Kane got over his gambling problem, I would have thought he'd let the dice roll with the arbitrator, who by the way has worked for both MLB, and NFL.. and ruled harshly against those leagues in memorable decisions for the player.. one of which got him fired by MLB. I think his odds were very good of getting more than he got.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/7929521/mlb-fires-shyam- das-arbitrator-milwaukee-brewers-ryan-braun-case

NHL, SJ dodged a bullet.. I'd be a little worried if I was the NHLPA though..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers resign Kane 4 x 5.1 [message #812145 is a reply to message #810399 ]
Mon, 26 September 2022 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Uh oh. Kane runnin wild

https://twitter.com/kennedystrash/status/1573727955897176065

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/157445934434683289 6

Beating up all our young players.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers resign Kane 4 x 5.1 [message #812148 is a reply to message #812145 ]
Tue, 27 September 2022 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 26 September 2022 15:42

Uh oh. Kane runnin wild

https://twitter.com/kennedystrash/status/1573727955897176065

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/157445934434683289 6

Beating up all our young players.

Looker room cancer!

Re: Oilers resign Kane 4 x 5.1 [message #812568 is a reply to message #810399 ]
Fri, 14 October 2022 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Looks like Kane has accepted Puljujarvi as a development project.
Great team leadership.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/oilers-kane-focused-on- motivating-teammates-you-cant-be-a-passenger/

Some excerpts..
Quote:

"I’m just trying to drag more guys into the fight," he said. "You can’t win being soft, that’s for sure. So we have to be a harder team to play against."

“Everybody tries to redefine what 'hard' is. It’s hard, Hard means hard,” Kane continued. “We don’t need to redefine the word just because it’s a different league now. Or it’s a different world.

“If you want to win in the playoffs you’ve still got to be hard. You got to be a tough team to play against. You’ve got to be physical, you've got to be chippy.”

“In order to be a championship team (you have to have) some attitude,” Kane said. “Colorado? They just had an eff you attitude last season. They just thought they are better than you, and it just oozed from them in the warm up. Tampa? Same thing."

“They have guys like Alex Killorn, like Pat Maroon, (Nikita) Kucherov… I mean, the list goes on. They don’t care what anyone else thinks. The coach (Jon Cooper) — he has personality. He doesn’t care what you think,” Kane continued. “It’s a level of self-confidence. Self-belief. And when you have that within you, you try to spread that throughout everybody in the organization.”

His latest project is linemate Jesse Puljujarvi, a younger player who has every physical tool, but lacks the swagger and confidence it takes to maximize the package. So far.

“I’m on Jesse,” Kane said. “'Finish your checks. Finish your checks.' He has so much success when he does that, because he's a big man. It creates more room for him and it creates a lot more room for his linemates.”

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Next Topic:Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca