This day on April 26
None

Happy Birthday To: Hemmer2Eberle, Burgeoboy, Weloveoil

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798867]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Ottawa to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798868 is a reply to message #798867 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

And the heat lamp gets turned back on.

Set for low right now.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798871 is a reply to message #798867 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Entertaining enough game. Would have been nice to grab the 2nd point
I can tell you I wouldnt have bet having the Lagesson/Stutzle bout as the fight of the nite.

Both McDavid and Drai seemed off tonight, both were fighting the puck and bobbled it numerous times.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798872 is a reply to message #798867 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Connor seemed enraged going down the tunnel. They played run and gun, and Stutzle is gonna bury it if you leave him space like that.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798874 is a reply to message #798872 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

so many games lost to league bottom feeders... confused2

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798877 is a reply to message #798874 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

watchman wrote on Mon, 31 January 2022 21:18

so many games lost to league bottom feeders... confused2

If the Oilers look at the scheddie and dont see any easy games I got bad news for ya...

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798876 is a reply to message #798867 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Well deserved loss.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798878 is a reply to message #798867 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

I guess they need the goalie to play an almost perfect game every night.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798879 is a reply to message #798867 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

McLeod too many poke checks and fly-bys .. Nurse and Bouchard left guys open in front of the net all night, lucky they weren't cashed in or it wouldn't have made it to OT.

The shift length in OT needs to be managed.. guys wait until they're gassed before they change.. which is 30 sec too late..

4th line was excellent.

Both LD and Hyman had breakaways that needed to be cashed in.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798885 is a reply to message #798879 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 31 January 2022 19:33

The shift length in OT needs to be managed.. guys wait until they're gassed before they change.. which is 30 sec too late..

30 seconds is being generous to Nurse. He finished the game with a 2:40 shift (28:26 overall). I don't care how good of shape you're in, you're going to be feeling it at the end of a nearly 3 min shift after playing almost 30 min in the game.

Not surprising that Nurse bobbled the puck at the Ottawa blueline to start that sequence and then the best he could do at the other end was take a knee to try and block Stutzle's shot. Just a disaster all around. $9.25M. Sigh.

I would say that Tippett needs to get a handle on it, but I think he's actively encouraging it. It's not the first time this has happened.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798880 is a reply to message #798867 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

#37 has absolute zero hands.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798881 is a reply to message #798880 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 31 January 2022 22:36

He has the effort and drive of Hyman, but never wins the battles.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798882 is a reply to message #798881 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Mon, 31 January 2022 19:49

Exactly.. he gets to where he should be with great effort.. gets pucks.. just can't do anything with them once he does.. which might make him replaceable on the top 6.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798904 is a reply to message #798882 ]
Tue, 01 February 2022 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 31 January 2022 20:51

oilfan94 wrote on Mon, 31 January 2022 19:49

Exactly.. he gets to where he should be with great effort.. gets pucks.. just can't do anything with them once he does.. which might make him replaceable on the top 6.

Agreed, he's got a great work ethic but the play dies with him. Put him on the PK maybe? He's fast and willing to scramble, so maybe if all he has to do is dump the puck out it might work. 3rd line or 4th line forechecker should be his spot.

Get Drai off the PK soon, wasting his energy out there completely.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798905 is a reply to message #798904 ]
Tue, 01 February 2022 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Tue, 01 February 2022 15:02

Agreed, he's got a great work ethic but the play dies with him. Put him on the PK maybe? He's fast and willing to scramble, so maybe if all he has to do is dump the puck out it might work. 3rd line or 4th line forechecker should be his spot.

I've been hoping that #37 starts to pot a few goals to payoff the effort, but he just doesn't seem to have much of a goal scoring ability. I remember an example last game there was a loose puck scramble in front of the net and he just started clubbing at the puck hoping to put it through the goalie instead of past, looked like pure frustration. But to be fair.. he's not the only one.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798908 is a reply to message #798905 ]
Tue, 01 February 2022 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 01 February 2022 16:35

I've been hoping that #37 starts to pot a few goals to payoff the effort, but he just doesn't seem to have much of a goal scoring ability. I remember an example last game there was a loose puck scramble in front of the net and he just started clubbing at the puck hoping to put it through the goalie instead of past, looked like pure frustration. But to be fair.. he's not the only one.

I take back anything bad I've thought about #37 after this read:

Sportsnet July 31, 2021, 2:06 PM: "In Foegele, the Oilers sought to fill a depth-scoring void that has been a long-standing concern for the team. During his three-season tenure with the Hurricanes, Foegele brought a strong two-way presence to the lineup while also earning a reputation as a strong penalty killer."

McLovin played over a minute per game on the PK in Carolina. Holland signs him for $2.75M/yr and......Tippett plays Drai and Hyman (two great power forwards) on the PK?????????????????? Foegele has under 13 minutes on the PK in 42 games for the Oilers. Remember those blue and red plastic balls we all had as kids with the shaped holes and the yellow pieces to fit through the holes? Someone give Tippett one PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boom boom boom

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798912 is a reply to message #798908 ]
Wed, 02 February 2022 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Tue, 01 February 2022 23:24

Sportsnet July 31, 2021, 2:06 PM: "In Foegele, the Oilers sought to fill a depth-scoring void that has been a long-standing concern for the team. During his three-season tenure with the Hurricanes, Foegele brought a strong two-way presence to the lineup while also earning a reputation as a strong penalty killer."

McLovin played over a minute per game on the PK in Carolina. Holland signs him for $2.75M/yr and......Tippett plays Drai and Hyman (two great power forwards) on the PK?????????????????? Foegele has under 13 minutes on the PK in 42 games for the Oilers. Remember those blue and red plastic balls we all had as kids with the shaped holes and the yellow pieces to fit through the holes? Someone give Tippett one PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boom boom boom

So what you are saying is, Tippett might be out coaching himself. Again?

Tomorrow last chance I see to can the guy when they lose. Kinda stuck with him after that.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798927 is a reply to message #798912 ]
Wed, 02 February 2022 11:46 Go to previous message

No Cups

Slim Jim Phantom Call wrote on Wed, 02 February 2022 01:33

stemhovlichski wrote on Tue, 01 February 2022 23:24

boom boom boom

So what you are saying is, Tippett might be out coaching himself. Again?

Tomorrow last chance I see to can the guy when they lose. Kinda stuck with him after that.

I thought the Erik Cole experiment of playing a player in the wrong/unnatural/opposite/unexpected position to their effectibve one was over. Guess I was wrong. See my avatar.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798883 is a reply to message #798867 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Not supposed to lose to these guys!!!

https://c.tenor.com/KBCX5BsM05YAAAAM/tantrum-kid.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798884 is a reply to message #798883 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

It's my fault. The last 4 wins I watched the entire game. Tonight I slept through this one entirely. By the law of the cosmos I completely threw of the MOJO and invited bad juju on our house. Won't happen again boys.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50) [message #798892 is a reply to message #798884 ]
Tue, 01 February 2022 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am not sure if the ice was bad but the Oilers were really fighting the puck. McD a few glorious sets just roll off his stick. McD and Leon just didn't have it.

I am not pinning the loss on Koskinen because the Oilers had enough chances to score enough goals and he made some good saves in the middle but at the same time, man he is frustrating. For most of the game he looked like a pretty darn good goalie but then he gives up that first goal which, I got no clue how that happened. I don't know if he had his stick on a weird angle to make it pop over top but it shouldn't have went in. Then on the winner, he's 6'7 but make himself look like he's 5 ft tall and a sharp angle shot goes in.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #51)
Next Topic:Oilers home games postponed until Jan 20 v FLA
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca