This day on December 6
Acquired: Fredrik Olausson (1993)
Departed: Geoff Smith (1993)

Happy Birthday To: Walsh86, Kurri17, RaffiTorresFan14, RaffiTime, dongretzky99, thebaron, southsideoilers

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & TradesPages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #791737 is a reply to message #791729 ]
Tue, 07 September 2021 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 07 September 2021 14:38

Adam wrote on Tue, 07 September 2021 12:54

mightyreasoner wrote on Sun, 05 September 2021 01:26

Good on Montreal for making Carolina own it. And all things considered, have to think Montreal really made the most of a tough situation. Dvorak and cap space is not a terrible trade off, especially when you're placed in a tough situation.

Arizona is ridiculous. I guess wherever they move to, it will basically be like an expansion team with draft picks and free agent signings.

Will be interesting to see how Kotkaniemi does in Carolina next year. I imagine he does better - it would be hard not to improve on a 5 goal season. And it will be interesting to see if they qualify him at $6.1 M next year - and if it on merit or to avoid embarrassment (my guess is the owner forces the qualifying offer because as the original offer indicates, he is very sensitive to, and makes decisions based on, public perception). There's a not zero chance he lives up to the contract; there is also a not zero chance he never comes close.

Anyways, Carolina kind of played themselves through all of this.

Are we betting a burger on this one?

I think Kotkaniemi is going to do well. Brind'Amour is a better coach for him - he's out of the mind games and the scratch-the-young-guys mindset in Montreal, and moving to a place where there'll be a lot less pressure even with the fatter wallet.

It is best case scenario for him to have Montreal pass on the match. It would have been tough in that market if there were any struggles at all at the higher cost.

As is, I see this as similar to Penner. Bit risky, yes. The guy is paid well and has to grow in to the contract. It was a great gamble for the Oilers with Penner, and I think we're going to see the same thing here. It's interesting to see how far the salaries have drifted up and the changes in compensation as a result - Penner was a 1st, 2nd and 3rd so the equivalent salary today gives him over $6.1MM.

Like what are your expectations for him? I'm guessing 10-15 goals, ~35 points, playing on the third line with some PK time, but probably not a lot of PP time.

Which is fine. That's useful, but it's probably closer to a $3.5-4.0M player than a $6M+ player.

The Penner offer sheet was a Lowe going nuts, he missed out on Vanek and was hellbent on landing someone. It worked out - probably better than if they had landed the Vanek offer - but I understand why Anaheim didn't match it. Penner was never going to be worth as much to that Ducks team that were contenders as he was going to be on the struggling Oilers.

I don't think that was Lowe going crazy (and I'm far from a fan of him as a hockey executive). The Vanek offer sheet was probably close to fair value given he had 84 points in 82 games that year.

Penner played a relatively minor role and still put up 45 points that year as a rookie. It wasn't at all a bad bet that he would grow as a player - he was only 25. Kotkaniemi is only JUST turned 21, and I think he was held back in the Habs system by a questionable old-school coach. I look at the production as an 18 year old and I think he's likely got a ton of room to grow too.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Send a private message to this user  

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792027 is a reply to message #789317 ]
Tue, 21 September 2021 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli

New deal for #CBJ goaltender Elvis Merzlikins: 5 x $5.4 million. Total of $27 million.

61 game career. 54 starts - 21-21-13 - 2.54 GAA - 0.920 SAV%

2 playoff games too

21/21 save win coming in as backup. And his start was a loss with 4 GA in 53 shots.

27 years old with 1 year left on his current deal, so this is basically a UFA contract.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2021 15:10]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792091 is a reply to message #789317 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Chia's son gets a PTO from the Canucks

[Updated on: Wed, 22 September 2021 13:40]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792166 is a reply to message #789317 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

OEL looking ready to take the league over again this season with the Canucks

https://twitter.com/ChrisFaber39/status/1441097971567718401? s=20

Silencing the haters that say he's lost a couple steps after a hip/knee surguries.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2021 15:02]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792177 is a reply to message #792166 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Red Rage  is currently offline Red Rage

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 14:23

OEL looking ready to take the league over again this season with the Canucks

https://twitter.com/ChrisFaber39/status/1441097971567718401? s=20

Silencing the haters that say he's lost a couple steps after a hip/knee surguries.

I remember going to an Oilers training camp some 20 years ago, and seeing Weight and Smytty (and Grier I think) mailing it in cuz they knew they had a spot, but it was NEVER this bad.

LOL Vancouver's in for a rough year.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792185 is a reply to message #789317 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

OEL at Canucks training camp.. good to see he's in top fitness form. doh
https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1441099474449756162? s=21

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792191 is a reply to message #792185 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

6 Cups

OEL looking like me after my second lap around the ice. icon_lol Yikes!

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792203 is a reply to message #792185 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 20:27

I will say, I don't put much stock in these videos - not the ones of OEL lagging, or the ones of McDavid way out front. It's taken completely out of context, so no clue what happened before or how hard they pushed through the rest of practice. With McDavid's - he could be leading the drill, which would have given him the headstart on everyone else. With OEL, maybe he just doesn't care about an end of practice skating sprint? He's a veteran who's not exactly fighting for his spot and it's the first day or two of camp.

I'll wait until I see videos of McDavid blowing past OEL in the regular season to really laugh at the player.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792208 is a reply to message #792203 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 10:03

I will say, I don't put much stock in these videos - not the ones of OEL lagging, or the ones of McDavid way out front. It's taken completely out of context, so no clue what happened before or how hard they pushed through the rest of practice. With McDavid's - he could be leading the drill, which would have given him the headstart on everyone else. With OEL, maybe he just doesn't care about an end of practice skating sprint? He's a veteran who's not exactly fighting for his spot and it's the first day or two of camp.

I'll wait until I see videos of McDavid blowing past OEL in the regular season to really laugh at the player.

Lots of highlights of OEL post-surgery having no acceleration and getting burned. Knee and hip surgery, guys has never been the same with 2 years of brutal performance under his belt.

But yeah, gotta wait until he sucks in real games to really get the full belly laugh going :)

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2021 15:31]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792217 is a reply to message #792208 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 09:31

Lots of highlights of OEL post-surgery having no acceleration and getting burned. Knee and hip surgery, guys has never been the same with 2 years of brutal performance under his belt.

But yeah, gotta wait until he sucks in real games to really get the fully belly laugh going :)

It might be only training camp, but IMO what he's showing is a real indication of his current condition.. looking forward to seeing OEL v. McD and LD icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792220 is a reply to message #792203 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Adam, if this was Duncan Keith, youd be all over this....c'mon.
icon_lol It looks to me like he time warped to 1975 and is using camp to get into shape after a summer of lazing and drinking. He's laboring out there.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792222 is a reply to message #792220 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 15:41

Adam, if this was Duncan Keith, youd be all over this....c'mon.
icon_lol It looks to me like he time warped to 1975 and is using camp to get into shape after a summer of lazing and drinking. He's laboring out there.

Nah - it's just like the Hemsky staying after practice thing. I don't think it matters much, no matter who it is. Keith, OEL, McDavid...it's out of context, it's just practice, and training camp practice at that. It doesn't say anything.

My one exception to that is the one time my PAC 114 hockey class at University got cancelled so that Dennis Bonvie could do a powerskating thing at Clare Drake. He was such an ugly skater that I learned then and there why he always dropped the gloves so fast off the faceoff. Anything more than a 5 second shift and he'd have been absolutely exposed as a massive liability. He must have had under 1:00 of icetime for many many of his Oilers appearances. Guy was an uglier skater than me, which is saying a lot.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792229 is a reply to message #792222 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

HAHAHAHA
over an NHL career of 9 years and a total of 92 NHL games

Dennis Bonvie had 306 playing minutes and 311 PIMS

Although, even with horrid skating, he's likely better than us.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792242 is a reply to message #792229 ]
Fri, 24 September 2021 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 16:49

HAHAHAHA
over an NHL career of 9 years and a total of 92 NHL games

Dennis Bonvie had 306 playing minutes and 311 PIMS

Although, even with horrid skating, he's likely better than us.

One of the few NHLers who I don't actually think is way better than most beer leaguers. The guy skated as well as Bambi.

To his credit, he always worked on it, but he was one of those few guys brought along ONLY for their ability to chuck knuckles. He had 1-2-3 in those 92 NHL games, and they all came in on magical season in Boston. He had 4-34-38 in 120 OHL games and surprisingly 275 points in 871 AHL games (where he holds the all-time penalty minute crown with 4493 minutes).

No one was under any illusions that he could take a regular shift in the NHL, which is why he played so little.

I wouldn't fight him though.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792265 is a reply to message #789317 ]
Sun, 26 September 2021 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Leafs fans are raving about how they "fixed" Ho-Sang after watching him skating really fast around the perimeter with the puck all night and not scoring any points.

Fingers crossed he gets a 1-way deal! Has the talent to put on a pre-season show to trick a team into giving him a contract, I'll definitely give him that.

James Neal also scored a hat trick yesterday drink

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2021 10:39]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792312 is a reply to message #789317 ]
Tue, 28 September 2021 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

Wasn't sure where else to put this but didn't want to start a new thread. ESPN has put out their goalie tandem rankings. No surprise that the Oilers are near the bottom of the list.

Top 3 goes:

NYI
Tampa
Seattle

This is why I wouldn't sleep on Seattle. Goaltending being the great equalizer. Their D group is also pretty solid. They might not be the most explosive team in the league, but they might be pretty decent.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/32293467/ranking -nhl-goalie-tandems-1-32-why-islanders-reign-supreme

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792313 is a reply to message #792312 ]
Tue, 28 September 2021 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

Goose wrote on Tue, 28 September 2021 13:42

Wasn't sure where else to put this but didn't want to start a new thread. ESPN has put out their goalie tandem rankings. No surprise that the Oilers are near the bottom of the list.

Top 3 goes:

NYI
Tampa
Seattle

This is why I wouldn't sleep on Seattle. Goaltending being the great equalizer. Their D group is also pretty solid. They might not be the most explosive team in the league, but they might be pretty decent.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/32293467/ranking -nhl-goalie-tandems-1-32-why-islanders-reign-supreme

Oilers goalies are a big question mark, but that article was written by Wyshynski, who hates everything about the oilers.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792315 is a reply to message #792313 ]
Tue, 28 September 2021 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 28 September 2021 14:06

Top 3 goes:

NYI
Tampa
Seattle

Oilers goalies are a big question mark, but that article was written by Wyshynski, who hates everything about the oilers.

omg, good catch! OK, article erased from my mind. Back to expecting Smith to recreate last season :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792316 is a reply to message #792313 ]
Tue, 28 September 2021 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 28 September 2021 14:06

Top 3 goes:

NYI
Tampa
Seattle

That's why I was so surprised he was so bullish on the Oilers goaltending. I didn't think we'd crack the top 30.

For what it's worth, I might put Ottawa, Buffalo and Arizona behind us. Everyone else is above based on my expectations for this tandem.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792564 is a reply to message #792316 ]
Tue, 05 October 2021 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan is currently online GabbyDugan

2 Cups

Anyone on the waiver wire sound interestiing?

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-maple-leafs-michael-hutchinson-ch icago-blackhawks-brett-connolly-waivers-1.1702615

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792565 is a reply to message #792564 ]
Tue, 05 October 2021 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 05 October 2021 12:28

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-maple-leafs-michael-hutchinson-ch icago-blackhawks-brett-connolly-waivers-1.1702615

If the league was going to let teams carry a taxi squad of an extra goalie, at least for Canadian teams who have a much bigger disadvantage due tot he border restrictions, especially if your AHL is in the US which personally I think they should. All it takes is a false negative for one of your goalies and you are screwed for a game as how do you get a AHL goalie up in time to back up. So I'd have time for Hutchinson to take the place of what Auld was supposed to do. Let Skinner and Konavalov stay in the minors and play which they should.

Brett Connolly supposedly almost signed with the Oilers but choose Florida. I wonder if he is regretting that now. Pretty good chance if he signed with Edmonton, he would have had one of McD or Leon as his center.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 October 2021 12:47]

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792568 is a reply to message #792565 ]
Tue, 05 October 2021 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 05 October 2021 14:41

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 05 October 2021 12:28

If the league was going to let teams carry a taxi squad of an extra goalie, at least for Canadian teams who have a much bigger disadvantage due tot he border restrictions, especially if your AHL is in the US which personally I think they should. All it takes is a false negative for one of your goalies and you are screwed for a game as how do you get a AHL goalie up in time to back up. So I'd have time for Hutchinson to take the place of what Auld was supposed to do. Let Skinner and Konavalov stay in the minors and play which they should.

Brett Connolly supposedly almost signed with the Oilers but choose Florida. I wonder if he is regretting that now. Pretty good chance if he signed with Edmonton, he would have had one of McD or Leon as his center.

I think I still have time for Hutchinson, the chances of one of our goalies going down for a month or two is just too high for me. Connolly is one of those that I am glad the Oilers didn't end up getting, but I guess that is more just hindsight at this point. Ryan MacInnis available, he isn't very good but he has good bloodlines and the Oilers love that sort of thing.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792773 is a reply to message #789317 ]
Tue, 12 October 2021 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jim Matheson @jimmathesonnhl
It doesn’t appear Canucks will be signing Chiasson

Vancouver #Canucks @Canucks
General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed right wing, Alex Chiasson, to a one-year contract worth an annual average value of $750,000.

DETAILS | http://canucks.co/kaGB50GqfZf

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792774 is a reply to message #792773 ]
Tue, 12 October 2021 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2021 13:57

General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed right wing, Alex Chiasson, to a one-year contract worth an annual average value of $750,000.

Hall of famer!

I wonder how much work a guy like Jim spends nurturing out of market contacts now that he (probably) hasn't been traveling with the team and wouldn't be using the expense account as much.

This is fine.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792775 is a reply to message #792774 ]
Tue, 12 October 2021 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 October 2021 14:00

Hall of famer!

I wonder how much work a guy like Jim spends nurturing out of market contacts now that he (probably) hasn't been traveling with the team and wouldn't be using the expense account as much.

I think other than the guys in the Oilers organization and a couple that have come and gone here like Hitchcock, all Matheson's contacts have long since retired from the game. He just throws mud at the wall now and sees what sticks. I think to a point, he got away with doing the same thing in the 1980s and 1990s because he'd just write it in an article and no one really remembered it a week later. The internet hasn't been good for him.

He's clearly started to get annoyed by all the feedback he gets on twitter, but he's too late in the game to get any better at his job, so he just argues back at people feebly.

He's still better than Kurt Leavins though. If anyone hasn't seen the exchange between him and Jeff Veillette this weekend after Leavins usual embarrassing show of boot-licking, it's worth looking up.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792784 is a reply to message #792775 ]
Tue, 12 October 2021 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 12 October 2021 14:26

Hall of famer!

I think other than the guys in the Oilers organization and a couple that have come and gone here like Hitchcock, all Matheson's contacts have long since retired from the game. He just throws mud at the wall now and sees what sticks. I think to a point, he got away with doing the same thing in the 1980s and 1990s because he'd just write it in an article and no one really remembered it a week later. The internet hasn't been good for him.

He's clearly started to get annoyed by all the feedback he gets on twitter, but he's too late in the game to get any better at his job, so he just argues back at people feebly.

He's still better than Kurt Leavins though. If anyone hasn't seen the exchange between him and Jeff Veillette this weekend after Leavins usual embarrassing show of boot-licking, it's worth looking up.

That the one where Leavins gives people heck for trying to dissect a game with data and then the argument finishes by Leavins revealing he got all his info for his analysis by listening to the game on the radio? Bet he still thinks he won that exchange.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792786 is a reply to message #792784 ]
Tue, 12 October 2021 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2021 15:52

Hall of famer!

That the one where Leavins gives people heck for trying to dissect a game with data and then the argument finishes by Leavins revealing he got all his info for his analysis by listening to the game on the radio? Bet he still thinks he won that exchange.

Yep:

Quote:

Kurt Leavins
@KurtLeavins

It’s just pre-season…

But the handwringing over the Keith-Ceci pairing looked short-sighted tonight. They were excellent, Keith 25:06, Ceci 24:59.

Quote:

Jeff Veillette
@JeffVeillette
Keith-Ceci together tonight at 5v5, 13:57

Shot Attempts: 21-7 Vancouver
Shots on Goal: 8-3 Vancouver
Expected Goals: 0.6-0.19 Vancouver

Keep in mind: Vancouver isn't all that good

Quote:

Jeff Veillette
@JeffVeillette

If there is one lesson about defencemen that I wish more people would learn: While availability is the best ability, attendance isn't automatically a talent

Quote:

Kurt Leavins
@KurtLeavins

Watch the games, Jeff. Look up from your computer every so often.

Quote:

Jeff Veillette
@JeffVeillette

Just curious, though: Where did you get TOI from if not from a spreadsheet?

Quote:

Kurt Leavins
@KurtLeavins

The radio play by play guy.

Quote:

Jeff Veillette
@JeffVeillette

Fair enough, and watching through the radio admittedly explains the rest of the take

After that, Leavins just made a snarky personal attack and blocked Veillette. Brilliant.

Re: NHL Summer 2021 UFA Signings & Trades [message #792792 is a reply to message #792786 ]
Tue, 12 October 2021 20:00 Go to previous message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 12 October 2021 16:05

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2021 15:52

Hall of famer!

Yep:

Quote:

Kurt Leavins
@KurtLeavins

It’s just pre-season…

But the handwringing over the Keith-Ceci pairing looked short-sighted tonight. They were excellent, Keith 25:06, Ceci 24:59.

Quote:

Jeff Veillette
@JeffVeillette
Keith-Ceci together tonight at 5v5, 13:57

Shot Attempts: 21-7 Vancouver
Shots on Goal: 8-3 Vancouver
Expected Goals: 0.6-0.19 Vancouver

Keep in mind: Vancouver isn't all that good

Quote:

Jeff Veillette
@JeffVeillette

If there is one lesson about defencemen that I wish more people would learn: While availability is the best ability, attendance isn't automatically a talent

Quote:

Kurt Leavins
@KurtLeavins

Watch the games, Jeff. Look up from your computer every so often.

Quote:

Jeff Veillette
@JeffVeillette

Just curious, though: Where did you get TOI from if not from a spreadsheet?

Quote:

Kurt Leavins
@KurtLeavins

The radio play by play guy.

Quote:

Jeff Veillette
@JeffVeillette

Fair enough, and watching through the radio admittedly explains the rest of the take

After that, Leavins just made a snarky personal attack and blocked Veillette. Brilliant.

HA! lmao

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7]  
Previous Topic:Fox Extension
Next Topic:Eichel Unhappy
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca