This day on December 6
Acquired: Fredrik Olausson (1993)
Departed: Geoff Smith (1993)

Happy Birthday To: Walsh86, Kurri17, RaffiTorresFan14, RaffiTime, dongretzky99, thebaron, southsideoilers

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Buyout deadline
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Buyout deadline [message #790261]
Mon, 26 July 2021 10:07 Go to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Today is apparently the day to put people on waivers if the team wants to buy them out by tomorrow. From all the noise, it sounds like Holland wants more flexibility now, and is willing to give up dead cap space later to get there, so it won't surprise me to see Neal bought out, and possibly Koskinen too.

If they don't buy out Koskinen, I expect they're going to find him a new home. I don't anticipate the team going in to next season with the same tandem...although we said the same thing last year, so who knows!

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790262 is a reply to message #790261 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 10:07

Today is apparently the day to put people on waivers if the team wants to buy them out by tomorrow. From all the noise, it sounds like Holland wants more flexibility now, and is willing to give up dead cap space later to get there, so it won't surprise me to see Neal bought out, and possibly Koskinen too.

If they don't buy out Koskinen, I expect they're going to find him a new home. I don't anticipate the team going in to next season with the same tandem...although we said the same thing last year, so who knows!

Gregor claiming a deal to move Neal fell through. If there is nothing, probably see him getting bought out. So claims the Gregor at least.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790263 is a reply to message #790262 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 10:11

Gregor claiming a deal to move Neal fell through. If there is nothing, probably see him getting bought out. So claims the Gregor at least.

Given all the cap-freedom deals (other than the Keith one), I shudder to think the price to move Neal's contract this summer. With so many picks unavailable to us to trade even for next year, gotta think the ask starts with the first rounder...

Personally, I think I'd just bury Neal in the minors, or help him find out that he's developed a career-ending injury. I HATE the idea of paying him for the next 4 years...

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790264 is a reply to message #790263 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 10:22

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 10:11

Given all the cap-freedom deals (other than the Keith one), I shudder to think the price to move Neal's contract this summer. With so many picks unavailable to us to trade even for next year, gotta think the ask starts with the first rounder...

Personally, I think I'd just bury Neal in the minors, or help him find out that he's developed a career-ending injury. I HATE the idea of paying him for the next 4 years...

Yeah, Neal seems like a guy that Lou would already have on LTIR. Although, Lou couldn't get Ladd to piss off, so maybe some guys are just too stubborn. If Neal wants to play, then it's buyout, minors to save the 1.1M, or trade.

Sidenote from Capfriendly:

CapFriendly @CapFriendly
Teams can still place players on Unconditional Waivers tomorrow for the purpose of a buyout, even though it takes 24 hours to clear waivers.

The buyout can go through on the same day with the expectation that the player will clear waivers the following day.

Guess this can all drag out another day before we know for sure what Holland is doing.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790265 is a reply to message #790261 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Where is the promised Kassian trade that was used to justify using a protected spot for him?

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790267 is a reply to message #790265 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 10:27

Where is the promised Kassian trade that was used to justify using a protected spot for him?

It probably fell through. If you're negotiating and you start to feel like you are squeezing the other guy, it's best just to back off. They'll appreciate it and let you win a trade later on.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790272 is a reply to message #790267 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Jake Virtanen being bought out. Any interest in him? Honestly I never paid much attention to him, but remember him being pretty highly touted. What's his deal?

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790273 is a reply to message #790272 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 11:15

Jake Virtanen being bought out. Any interest in him? Honestly I never paid much attention to him, but remember him being pretty highly touted. What's his deal?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-jake-virtanen-d enies-alleged-sexual-assault-court-documents/

It's a no from me.

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790275 is a reply to message #790273 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 14:19

Mike wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 11:15

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-jake-virtanen-d enies-alleged-sexual-assault-court-documents/

It's a no from me.

That's not ideal.

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790274 is a reply to message #790272 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 10:15

Whether true or not, he is right in the middle of a sexual assault lawsuit.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-canucks-jake-virtan en-denies-alleged-sexual-assault-1.6061247

Clean house or bust

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790276 is a reply to message #790274 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 11:22

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-canucks-jake-virtan en-denies-alleged-sexual-assault-1.6061247

Bergevin calls dibs. Along with D'Angelo probably.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790277 is a reply to message #790276 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 14:26

Get Voynov in there too!

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790281 is a reply to message #790276 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 11:26

Bidding war between Montreal and Chicago?? 🤔

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790304 is a reply to message #790281 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 11:59

Ken Holland @FakeOilersGM

Running out of time! I just asked James Neal and Mikko Koskinen to commit some crimes so that the @CanadiensMTL will want them.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790305 is a reply to message #790304 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 18:42 Go to previous message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 18:40

bigEfromGP wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 11:59

Ken Holland @FakeOilersGM

Running out of time! I just asked James Neal and Mikko Koskinen to commit some crimes so that the @CanadiensMTL will want them.

Pretty sure we could find something...

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790278 is a reply to message #790261 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Can still put players on waivers tomorrow with the intention of a buyout. Per cap friendly. If Holland can’t get this rumoured Arizona deal to come to fruition, then I’m sure we’ll see Neal (or koski. Or both) on waivers with the buyout tomorrow

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790283 is a reply to message #790278 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 11:55

Can still put players on waivers tomorrow with the intention of a buyout. Per cap friendly. If Holland can’t get this rumoured Arizona deal to come to fruition, then I’m sure we’ll see Neal (or koski. Or both) on waivers with the buyout tomorrow

Arizona is still hungry for picks and Holland hates wasting a day at a draft. Trade our 1st (2022), Benson, Neal and Koskinen for Kuemper and Crouse. Sign a brand new bunch of bargain binners and put your feet up Kenny.

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790298 is a reply to message #790283 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 12:16

Arizona is still hungry for picks and Holland hates wasting a day at a draft. Trade our 1st (2022), Benson, Neal and Koskinen for Kuemper and Crouse. Sign a brand new bunch of bargain binners and put your feet up Kenny.

Think the north sask river would rise a few feet with all the excess fluids from excited fans in YEG

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Buyout deadline [message #790301 is a reply to message #790298 ]
Mon, 26 July 2021 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 16:24

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 26 July 2021 12:16

Think the north sask river would rise a few feet with all the excess fluids from excited fans in YEG

Count me as skeptical on Kuemper. Crouse is just a guy.

Previous Topic:Oilers and Tyson Barrie Closing in on Deal
Next Topic:Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins...
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca