This day on August 17
None

Happy Birthday To: Slim Jim Phantom Call, Ingenious_OilerFan, copper&blue, annie01, Kaizzer3

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » NHL neutral site TV only gamesPages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763526 is a reply to message #763518 ]
Fri, 17 July 2020 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Oilers statement on the damage to Rogers Place

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdJNJ_tUwAURHWC?format=jpg&name=900x900

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Send a private message to this user  

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763538 is a reply to message #763526 ]
Fri, 17 July 2020 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 17 July 2020 11:49

Sounds like it was cheap pipe couplings, and/or the pipes were not supported adequately, and beyond the minimum design span.. classic. Some eng. and/or contractor at risk of being sued.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763541 is a reply to message #763538 ]
Fri, 17 July 2020 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 17 July 2020 15:34

Sounds like it was cheap pipe couplings, and/or the pipes were not supported adequately, and beyond the minimum design span.. classic. Some eng. and/or contractor at risk of being sued.

PCL is going to hang out one of their subs!

I had heard anecdotally that there were a few things that PCL cut corners on in the design, and that the way their subcontract agreements read, they had a lot of leverage to go after them if things went wrong. I knew some companies that declined to even bid after seeing the contracts PCL wanted to put in place.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763543 is a reply to message #763538 ]
Fri, 17 July 2020 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 17 July 2020 14:34

Maybe blame the inspectors? Why wasn't this built to code? If it wasn't done right, the guys signing off shoulda made 'em redo it. Was there a deadline crunch? I thought they had ample time. Still not done!

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763527 is a reply to message #759377 ]
Fri, 17 July 2020 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

That Plaza has been a construction zone for like 7 straight years. Is this going to push it back another 7?

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763582 is a reply to message #759377 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

SeanFitz_Gerald @SeanFitz_Gerald
Sportsnet announces broadcast teams for NHL hub cities:

Edmonton: Chris Cuthbert with Louie DeBrusk, calling the Western Conference qualifying series w/Canadian teams

Toronto: Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson, with Canadian teams in Eastern series.

West gets the A-team. East gets the guy that probably drinks his own bathwater.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 July 2020 10:09]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763585 is a reply to message #763582 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 10:02

Edmonton: Chris Cuthbert with Louie DeBrusk, calling the Western Conference qualifying series w/Canadian teams

Louie's star in ascendancy! Went from getting booted from the broadcast booth in favour of Drew "Sharks Fan" Remenda, to being the #2 guy? That's impressive.

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763587 is a reply to message #763585 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 10:45

Louie's star in ascendancy! Went from getting booted from the broadcast booth in favour of Drew "Sharks Fan" Remenda, to being the #2 guy? That's impressive.

He got replaced by Remenda so he could be the #2 guy. It's been Randorf and Debrusk doing the West national games since. They only started using him on local Oiler broadcasts again (when available), because the public reaction to Remenda isn't good.

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763598 is a reply to message #763587 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 10:57

He got replaced by Remenda so he could be the #2 guy. It's been Randorf and Debrusk doing the West national games since. They only started using him on local Oiler broadcasts again (when available), because the public reaction to Remenda isn't good.

I thought the initial plan was just to move Louie to between the benches when Remenda was brought on? I seem to remember speculation that he might be let go entirely back then...

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey /drew-remenda-replaces-louie-debrusk-on-edmonton-oilers-regi onal-broadcasts

[Updated on: Mon, 20 July 2020 12:34]

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763610 is a reply to message #763598 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 11:31

I thought the initial plan was just to move Louie to between the benches when Remenda was brought on? I seem to remember speculation that he might be let go entirely back then...

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey /drew-remenda-replaces-louie-debrusk-on-edmonton-oilers-regi onal-broadcasts

Chris Cuthbert with Louie DeBrusk are definitely my A team, short of grabbing Ray Ferraro back. Kevin Quinn would have been good too.

No John Garrett, Hrudey, or Remenda is definitely a dodged bullet.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763733 is a reply to message #763610 ]
Wed, 22 July 2020 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 14:17

Adam wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 11:31

Chris Cuthbert with Louie DeBrusk are definitely my A team, short of grabbing Ray Ferraro back. Kevin Quinn would have been good too.

No John Garrett, Hrudey, or Remenda is definitely a dodged bullet.

If you weed the Quinn endorsement out, you're spot on. I somehow don't currently have a player as a whipping boy, so for me it's Quinn.
icon_nod

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #763982 is a reply to message #763733 ]
Mon, 27 July 2020 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

https://twitter.com/NHLHubsLife?s=21

Twitter account compiling player photos/videos from inside the bubble

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #764144 is a reply to message #763982 ]
Wed, 29 July 2020 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Interesting how they change the board ads between each game to match team sponsors. Wonder come playoff if they will stream performances of the national anthem from artists through the video boards rather than just the generic instrumental version they’ve been doing this far. Also weird how above the blueline it just says “Stanley Cup” are they waiting for the actual playoffs to start to add the word playoffs underneath? Hopefully or it seems kinda weird

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #764150 is a reply to message #764144 ]
Wed, 29 July 2020 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Wed, 29 July 2020 21:15

Interesting how they change the board ads between each game to match team sponsors. Wonder come playoff if they will stream performances of the national anthem from artists through the video boards rather than just the generic instrumental version they’ve been doing this far. Also weird how above the blueline it just says “Stanley Cup” are they waiting for the actual playoffs to start to add the word playoffs underneath? Hopefully or it seems kinda weird

I would assume after tomorrow’s games, they will add ‘Qualifiers’ or something along those lines beneath Stanley Cup. Then switch it up as the playoffs continue. There’s quite the void between the stencil and the blue line.

I know they only had a few weeks to get it all set up, but heading into it the last few days before games there was quite a bit of documentation around how they had worked on something to add to the television experience during games. Which aside from the few new camera angles and Chris Cuthbert, it’s visually meh to me. The tarps don’t do anything for me. The screens are only really visible during breaks. The ambient fan noise is meh. The anthems are meh. It’s a lot of meh. Best part is no glass banging fans. I get you want to be watching the game and really the background tarps shouldn’t have any effect on your viewing experience. But for them to rave about all these visuals and enhancements to the viewers experience.. it’s a big shrug and eye roll. But really. Just stoked hockey is back.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #764153 is a reply to message #764150 ]
Wed, 29 July 2020 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 July 2020 22:33

I would assume after tomorrow’s games, they will add ‘Qualifiers’ or something along those lines beneath Stanley Cup. Then switch it up as the playoffs continue. There’s quite the void between the stencil and the blue line.

I know they only had a few weeks to get it all set up, but heading into it the last few days before games there was quite a bit of documentation around how they had worked on something to add to the television experience during games. Which aside from the few new camera angles and Chris Cuthbert, it’s visually meh to me. The tarps don’t do anything for me. The screens are only really visible during breaks. The ambient fan noise is meh. The anthems are meh. It’s a lot of meh. Best part is no glass banging fans. I get you want to be watching the game and really the background tarps shouldn’t have any effect on your viewing experience. But for them to rave about all these visuals and enhancements to the viewers experience.. it’s a big shrug and eye roll. But really. Just stoked hockey is back.

Ya I guess it’s kinda ‘meh’ but honestly I think it’s the best the NHL could have done. I’m glad they didn’t use cardboard cut outs of fans or just empty seats like MLB. The tarps are aesthetically pleasing and with the video boards make it seem a bit more intimate...I think the crowd noise is week done and not over the top. I didn’t hear anyone raving about visual enhancements, it’s basically just one new camera angle. And yes I hope they start having someone sing the anthem through the video board which I think they might do specific to each teams anthem singer but overall I’m pretty impressed by the product quality even before ironing out all the kinks

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #764171 is a reply to message #764153 ]
Thu, 30 July 2020 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Wed, 29 July 2020 22:58

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 July 2020 22:33

Ya I guess it’s kinda ‘meh’ but honestly I think it’s the best the NHL could have done. I’m glad they didn’t use cardboard cut outs of fans or just empty seats like MLB. The tarps are aesthetically pleasing and with the video boards make it seem a bit more intimate...I think the crowd noise is week done and not over the top. I didn’t hear anyone raving about visual enhancements, it’s basically just one new camera angle. And yes I hope they start having someone sing the anthem through the video board which I think they might do specific to each teams anthem singer but overall I’m pretty impressed by the product quality even before ironing out all the kinks

This is true and you’re exactly right... at least it isn’t cardboard cutouts and/or empty seats.

I am a big Cuthbert fan tho.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #764199 is a reply to message #764144 ]
Thu, 30 July 2020 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I think it is VERY interesting that there are "Las Vegas" and "MGM" ads under the ice.

I've always enjoyed watching the rink crew change board ads between periods. Don't know why.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #764237 is a reply to message #759377 ]
Fri, 31 July 2020 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Okay so apparently the screens they set up on the stands will be utilized in ways they weren’t during exhibition

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #764271 is a reply to message #759377 ]
Fri, 31 July 2020 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

So far so good:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
The NHL has conducted roughly 1500 tests per day in each of the Hub Cities since Sunday. These tests have been processed in 24 hrs or less and as of today, there have been no positive test results in phase 4.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #764437 is a reply to message #764271 ]
Mon, 03 August 2020 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

For those of us who need more live action stats.

https://media.nhl.com/public/news/14123?utm_source=morning-s kate&utm_medium=twitter&sf126154491=1

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #765518 is a reply to message #764437 ]
Mon, 17 August 2020 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

That Sportsnet Now commercial is creepy. I shudder to think what kind of viewers are the target market.

Re: NHL neutral site TV only games [message #765519 is a reply to message #765518 ]
Mon, 17 August 2020 14:27 Go to previous message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 17 August 2020 14:05

That Sportsnet Now commercial is creepy. I shudder to think what kind of viewers are the target market.

Those Rogers budget cuts hit in many different ways.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5]  
Previous Topic:Hawerchuk dies, age 57
Next Topic:2019 - 20 NHL Game Thread
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca