This day on August 17
None

Happy Birthday To: Slim Jim Phantom Call, Ingenious_OilerFan, copper&blue, annie01, Kaizzer3

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763565 is a reply to message #763539 ]
Sat, 18 July 2020 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

Saturday's line combinations and defensive pairings. Other than Jones coming into the regular team camp, no real changes from the beginning of camp.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-oilers-camp-continues-s aturday-at-downtown-community-arena/c-317507110?tid=28188506 2

"Lines on Saturday appeared as follows:

Nugent-Hopkins - McDavid - Kassian
Athanasiou - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ennis - Sheahan - Archibald
Neal - Khaira - Chiasson
Nygard - Haas - P. Russell
Benson - McLeod - Marody

Defence:

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Bear
Benning - Russell (Jones rotating in)
Lagesson - Bouchard (Broberg rotating in)

Goal:

Smith
Koskinen
Skinner"

I suspect Jones will move into the top 6 D once he gets up to speed.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763570 is a reply to message #763565 ]
Sun, 19 July 2020 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

https://www.nhl.com/news/chicago-blackhawks-corey-crawford-s tatus-update/c-317497534

Only 8 practice days left for the Hawks, if Crawford doesn’t return this week then it’s most likely Subban we’ll see between the pipes

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763576 is a reply to message #763570 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Sun, 19 July 2020 18:45

https://www.nhl.com/news/chicago-blackhawks-corey-crawford-s tatus-update/c-317497534

Only 8 practice days left for the Hawks, if Crawford doesn’t return this week then it’s most likely Subban we’ll see between the pipes

argh.. freaking back up goalies... Oilers better stay sharp.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763577 is a reply to message #763576 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

Watched Sportscentre this morning for the first time in forever, & there was an interview with Riley Sheahan.

He said that the break must have been good for McDavid, because it looked like he'd gained a step and was even faster now icon_eek

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763578 is a reply to message #763577 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 05:16

Watched Sportscentre this morning for the first time in forever, & there was an interview with Riley Sheahan.

He said that the break must have been good for McDavid, because it looked like he'd gained a step and was even faster now icon_eek

While this is nice to hear, I never believe anything like this. When would you ever expect a player to say anything but this kind of thing?

This is one of the reasons I think that player access is so over-blown by hockey media. They are predictable in their comments, and you can't rely on them to actually say anything of real value.

I hope it's true, all the same.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763579 is a reply to message #763577 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

6 Cups

If a person thinks about it. McDavid spent last years entire last offseason rehabbing his knee injury. When a player has a surgery in the offseason, when they come to play, that season right after the injury is usually not their best. The reason being is they are tentative plus they didn't do their usual training. Usually it's the following year after the injury where they are back to their old self BECAUSE they had an offseason to train. McDavid came back and still had a pretty darn good year by mortals standards. But with the stoppage, he's had pretty much 4 months of training. He even said it himself, he was able to secure ice to skate immediately the entire time and he was able to train normally. So he is basically going into that "next season" after an injury so I am betting we will see him at his all world self so maybe he is a little faster or at least at 100% prior to the injury.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763580 is a reply to message #763579 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 09:08

If a person thinks about it. McDavid spent last years entire last offseason rehabbing his knee injury. When a player has a surgery in the offseason, when they come to play, that season right after the injury is usually not their best. The reason being is they are tentative plus they didn't do their usual training. Usually it's the following year after the injury where they are back to their old self BECAUSE they had an offseason to train. McDavid came back and still had a pretty darn good year by mortals standards. But with the stoppage, he's had pretty much 4 months of training. He even said it himself, he was able to secure ice to skate immediately the entire time and he was able to train normally. So he is basically going into that "next season" after an injury so I am betting we will see him at his all world self so maybe he is a little faster or at least at 100% prior to the injury.

This does seem like a rare instance where it could actually be true :) I hope this time let McDavid make up for all the training he missed last summer.

One thing is for sure, all the minutes we were playing McDrai this season to wear them down. All that doesn't matter anymore.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763581 is a reply to message #763580 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Well that's me sorted for the play in series, booked a weeks holiday so I guess I'll be watching hockey from 5pm till 5am most days of the week!!

I've heard a few people suggest that Connor has come back quicker, after dropping the quickest skater title at the All Star weekend and Oilers skills day perhaps he felt he had a point to prove or as has been suggested he's been able to do some proper training as opposed to rehab. Either way, I'm just eager to watch him and the Oilers play again.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763583 is a reply to message #763580 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 09:33

This does seem like a rare instance where it could actually be true :) I hope this time let McDavid make up for all the training he missed last summer.

One thing is for sure, all the minutes we were playing McDrai this season to wear them down. All that doesn't matter anymore.

I don't know if it's true but it makes sense to me. Think about all the guys who come off surgeries in the offseason and the huge majority of them aren't usually their old self until the following season. So why wouldn't McDavid even though he's more advanced than most, not be a little big effective. Every one of the players should be healthier than they have ever been.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763586 is a reply to message #763580 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 09:33

It really is a great thing that those two get to go in to the playoffs rested and healthy. It can make a big difference, because I expect they're going to play some big minutes.

Here's hoping there's no long overtimes with Chicago and we can dispatch them relatively quickly.

One nice thing about the tight schedule is that there's not a lot of those wasted days between series now. I always think those kill you if you sweep your opponent...too long off makes you rusty.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763589 is a reply to message #760693 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Crawford still unfit to practice

Charlie Roumeliotis @CRoumeliotis
Corey Crawford and Connor Murphy (“unfit") and Calvin de Haan (family emergency) are not on the ice for practice. #Blackhawks

Connor Murphy. That's the dude that refs always let chase and tackle McDavid all over the ice when we played the Coyotes. I assume because there must be some hardly known rule where you can tackle anyone with the same 1st name as you.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763590 is a reply to message #763589 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 11:36

Corey Crawford and Connor Murphy (“unfit") and Calvin de Haan (family emergency) are not on the ice for practice. #Blackhawks

Connor Murphy. That's the dude that refs always let chase and tackle McDavid all over the ice when we played the Coyotes. I assume because there must be some hardly known rule where you can tackle anyone with the same 1st name as you.

Crawford is huge.They are what a week out from having to come to Edmonton. I heard that players have to have 3 negative tests before they can come. Whether it's Covid or something else, he's running out of days real quick to get those tests done to be allowed to come. Not to mention the guy hasn't practiced in what 4 months.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763591 is a reply to message #763590 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 11:40

Crawford is huge.They are what a week out from having to come to Edmonton. I heard that players have to have 3 negative tests before they can come. Whether it's Covid or something else, he's running out of days real quick to get those tests done to be allowed to come. Not to mention the guy hasn't practiced in what 4 months.

Damn, time is flying. Can't believe the 1st game is in 12 days.

I don't get how you can even go from testing positive in Chicago to being allowed to play around dozens of others in Edmonton in 12 days.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763595 is a reply to message #763591 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 11:41

I don't get how you can even go from testing positive in Chicago to being allowed to play around dozens of others in Edmonton in 12 days.

That's what I mean. He might be running out of days if it's Covid. Though he hasn't even shown up to Chicago by the sounds of it.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763623 is a reply to message #763595 ]
Mon, 20 July 2020 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 12:20

That's what I mean. He might be running out of days if it's Covid. Though he hasn't even shown up to Chicago by the sounds of it.

Hopefully he's been hitting the cookie jar and started smoking during the pause.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763661 is a reply to message #763623 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 20 July 2020 16:43

Hopefully he's been hitting the cookie jar and started smoking during the pause.

Lots of rumours going around that I wont spread here but today marks another day without Crawford being with the team. Looking more and more like he wont be moving into the bubble.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763662 is a reply to message #763661 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Tue, 21 July 2020 11:22

Lots of rumours going around that I wont spread here but today marks another day without Crawford being with the team. Looking more and more like he wont be moving into the bubble.

Sounds like chicago news guys are saying with some certainty that Subban will be Chicago's starter. For the play-in at least, which is hopefully all the hockey Chicago sees for the rest of this season :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763663 is a reply to message #763662 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The Hawks who had pretty much no chance of making the playoffs but were gifted a chance by the NHL thanks to covid, have the the hockey gods stepping into right the wrong with Crawford not being available.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763668 is a reply to message #763663 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/blackhawks/stan-bowman-bla ckhawks-are-hopeful-corey-crawford-will-travel-edmonton

It'll be interesting to see what happens here. If they don't get him for a few days yet, will they be nervous to start him cold?

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763676 is a reply to message #763661 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Spill the tea bro...that's like saying "I have a secret, buuut I can't tell you"

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763677 is a reply to message #763676 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Tue, 21 July 2020 13:39

Spill the tea bro...that's like saying "I have a secret, buuut I can't tell you"

yes! The Speculation forum wants to hear the goods!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763689 is a reply to message #763676 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

3 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Tue, 21 July 2020 13:39

Nah, feel free to search around, I am sure you will find plenty. Everything seems like pure BS
If I KNEW something, or heard it from the couple people I do trust, I would happily share.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763696 is a reply to message #763661 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

Take to Twitter and say you're from Edmonton, and that your afraid of Corey Crawford coming here and ruining our record and getting the whole NHL sick. He's just being selfish.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763707 is a reply to message #763696 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Toews leaves praccy early on Monday and deemed unfit to participate today, hmmm..,.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763708 is a reply to message #763707 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Tue, 21 July 2020 15:42

Toews leaves praccy early on Monday and deemed unfit to participate today, hmmm..,.

Worth noting - anyone injured will be listed as "unfit to participate". The League and PA wanted to make it so that it wasn't clearly just a euphemism for sick with COVID when they say that.

Crosby similarly left yesterday or the day before. Chances are good, given it's mid-practice, that that's just a little injury or muscle pull.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763719 is a reply to message #763708 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 21 July 2020 15:44

Gator21 wrote on Tue, 21 July 2020 15:42

Worth noting - anyone injured will be listed as "unfit to participate". The League and PA wanted to make it so that it wasn't clearly just a euphemism for sick with COVID when they say that.

Crosby similarly left yesterday or the day before. Chances are good, given it's mid-practice, that that's just a little injury or muscle pull.

I don't know. Results can come in mid-practice. The fact is we don't know. It could be an injury or it could be covid, or contact with someone with covid.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763724 is a reply to message #760693 ]
Tue, 21 July 2020 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Sounds like the Hawks are hoping to have Crawford back by Sunday in order to travel to Edmonton. Nothing definitive, but Bowman said they were hopeful.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763740 is a reply to message #763724 ]
Wed, 22 July 2020 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

This seems like a good idea.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-rogers-plac e-nhl-1.5658178

"The Oilers Entertainment Group plans to open a drive-in and outdoor venue, which would include a beer garden or tent, on the grounds of the former Baccarat Casino at the corner of 104th Avenue and 101st Street.

Tim Shipton, a spokesperson for the OEG, said they are working with the City of Edmonton's civic events branch to set up a physically-distanced Oilers FanFest zone.

The plan is to launch the venue Aug. 1 and screen evening and weekend games through to the Stanley Cup finals, Shipton said. "

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763743 is a reply to message #763740 ]
Wed, 22 July 2020 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 22 July 2020 10:01

This seems like a good idea.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-rogers-plac e-nhl-1.5658178

"The Oilers Entertainment Group plans to open a drive-in and outdoor venue, which would include a beer garden or tent, on the grounds of the former Baccarat Casino at the corner of 104th Avenue and 101st Street.

Tim Shipton, a spokesperson for the OEG, said they are working with the City of Edmonton's civic events branch to set up a physically-distanced Oilers FanFest zone.

The plan is to launch the venue Aug. 1 and screen evening and weekend games through to the Stanley Cup finals, Shipton said. "

F that! I don't think Edmonton needs more negative Covid publicity or cases. Are they that desperate to sell $14 beers???

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763762 is a reply to message #763743 ]
Wed, 22 July 2020 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

https://oilersnation.com/2020/07/22/philip-broberg-to-join-e dmonton-oilers-in-playoff-bubble/

Broberg sticking around for the playoffs

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763765 is a reply to message #763762 ]
Wed, 22 July 2020 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Wed, 22 July 2020 12:54

https://oilersnation.com/2020/07/22/philip-broberg-to-join-e dmonton-oilers-in-playoff-bubble/

Apparently the team is taking 10 defencemen, so all of them:

Oscar Klefbom – Adam Larsson
Darnell Nurse – Ethan Bear
Kris Russell – Matt Benning
Caleb Jones – Evan Bouchard
William Lagesson
Philip Broberg

I haven't heard on forwards. This is who came to camp:

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins – Leon Draisaitl – Kailer Yamamoto
Tyler Ennis – Connor McDavid – Zack Kassian
Andreas Athanasiou – Riley Sheahan – Josh Archibald
James Neal – Jujhar Khaira – Alex Chiasson
Joakim Nygard – Gaetan Haas – Patrick Russell
Tyler Benson – Cooper Marody – Markus Granlund
Ryan McLeod

I'd think only McLeod is likely on the bubble to get admitted to the bubble.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763771 is a reply to message #763765 ]
Wed, 22 July 2020 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 22 July 2020 13:10

William Lagesson
Philip Broberg

Ryan McLeod

Lack of any veteran depth outside the top 6 is somewhat concerning

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763776 is a reply to message #763771 ]
Wed, 22 July 2020 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Wed, 22 July 2020 13:23

William Lagesson
Philip Broberg

Ryan McLeod

Not a lot of teams with a really experienced 7th defenceman who doesn't suck. I'd rather high talent youngsters and look for your leadership higher up in the organization.

If you look at the 2017 playoffs, when we had injuries it was Eric Gryba and Griffin Reinhart who had to step in. I'd take any of those four over those two.

For what it's worth, if I'm making the opening day pairings I'm choosing for Jones over Russell too - then we WOULD have an experienced 7th d!

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763821 is a reply to message #763771 ]
Thu, 23 July 2020 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Wed, 22 July 2020 13:23

William Lagesson
Philip Broberg

Ryan McLeod

They were supposed to have that vet 7th already in Mike Green but he decided not to come. That being said and maybe I am bias being an Oilers fan but if it were to come to pass that Jones was the #7, I would say that's pretty darn good. Yes he is limited in experience but he's proven when he is in the line up, he can give you pretty good minutes in the 3rd pairing. There has been some debate in here about if he's on the Oilers protected lists for the expansion draft. So I think they will be fine.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763781 is a reply to message #763765 ]
Wed, 22 July 2020 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

William Lagesson
Philip Broberg

Ryan McLeod

Granlund isn't there, is he?

I think they can bring 30 players into the bubble, right? If the leave McLeod out, that gives them room for 3 goalies. Is that enough, or do they bring 4?

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763782 is a reply to message #763781 ]
Wed, 22 July 2020 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Scrimmage this coming Saturday, to be live streamed.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-oilers-announce-colby-c ave-memorial-fund-scrimmage/c-317559596

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763809 is a reply to message #763782 ]
Wed, 22 July 2020 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

https://blackhawkup.com/2020/07/22/something-lost-translatio n-chicago-blackhawks/

Well still no Crawford or Toews today as far as I can tell...2 more days and Crawford is a week away from game action so doubtful he starts Game 1 if he makes the trip at all. Toews is interesting...is it Covid? Contact tracing issue? Or major groin strain that keeps him out at least till round 1? icon_nod

Who knows at this point but I'm hoping to face CHI down their #1 centre and starting goalie and use this play in as essentially a tune up on our way to dismantling the Western Conference and lifting Lord Stanley's holy grail on our home soil #daretodream

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763865 is a reply to message #763724 ]
Thu, 23 July 2020 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 21 July 2020 17:52

Sounds like the Hawks are hoping to have Crawford back by Sunday in order to travel to Edmonton. Nothing definitive, but Bowman said they were hopeful.

9 days to game 1 and crawford still can't be around his team.

Going from not even being allowed to be around your own org to playing against another team in an NHL game...not sure how that could even be acceptable to the Oilers or the league in general.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763822 is a reply to message #760693 ]
Thu, 23 July 2020 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I know it's just scrimmage, but Mike Smith gave me full on "bad Smith" vibes watching these highlights

Neal is flying in a lot of the highlights.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763850 is a reply to message #763822 ]
Thu, 23 July 2020 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 23 July 2020 09:47

I know it's just scrimmage, but Mike Smith gave me full on "bad Smith" vibes watching these highlights

Neal is flying in a lot of the highlights.

Neal is flying? Have not seen that in him as an Oiler. Hope he's still flying in the playoffs and making the case to be a top 6 option.

Re: The Pre-Playoff Thread for the Chicago Blackhawks [message #763864 is a reply to message #760693 ]
Thu, 23 July 2020 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

Goes without saying... This series is a MUST WIN!

How’s everyone been?! Hope everyone’s healthy and happy.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #83)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton vs Calgary (Exhibition)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca