F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » PK SubbanPages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 PK Subban [message #736364]
Wed, 24 April 2019 18:18 Go to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

1 Cup

I've been seeing some tidbits online here and there about PK Subban potentially being available this summer. I personally don't think the Oilers should be going after a BIG time D, especially with that sort of cap hit, and with the prospects, we've got coming, but hypothetically speaking....

Subban has 3 years left at 9M/year, so it's not like he's signed until the end of time, but he'll be 30 this May and he's had some injury problems recently. If healthy, he would be the D this team needs in the short term, and PK, Leon, and McDavid on the PP would be fun to watch. A lot of money would have to go out, and there's no way Nashville would take any boat anchors back (Lucic). Nashville has depth at D, so they don't necessarily need a high-end D back, however, they're going to need something significant. What sort of package could the Oilers offer that wouldn't gut the existing (limited) talent we have, but also provide value to Nashville?

I'm thinking a deal would have to start with the #8 pick this year + one of our young D prospects + we would have to move salary, so maybe Adam Larsson? Maybe JP? We would still have to move out some more dollars in other deals.

Personally, I think the Preds could find a better deal elsewhere but just wanted to kick this around to see what people think.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Send a private message to this user  

Re: PK Subban [message #736368 is a reply to message #736364 ]
Wed, 24 April 2019 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vagabond  is currently offline vagabond

No Cups

how the hack can we add 9 mill a year? We have too many bad contracts that other teams do not want

Re: PK Subban [message #736370 is a reply to message #736368 ]
Wed, 24 April 2019 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

I don't see a trade happening that doesn't involve involve alot of emotional pain like Draisaitl, or Nuge + Nurse/Klefbom/Larsson.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: PK Subban [message #736371 is a reply to message #736364 ]
Wed, 24 April 2019 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

I know you're not supposed to dislike a player for having personality, but Subban seems to have taken a step back this year. His performance may be inversely correlated to the amount of personal projects he has on the go which seem to increase every year, as well as how elaborate they are (think he is making a TV show or something now?). Also he's 29 and has had some tough injuries, one spinal.

Wouldn't mind adding him, but it would not be cheap and not without risk.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: PK Subban [message #736373 is a reply to message #736364 ]
Wed, 24 April 2019 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

I want him a lot less than I did a few years ago.

Hall for Subban would still have been a better trade though, and probably everyone would have been happier. Now... I don't know. I'd rather just shore up that right side with an option like Barrie or Faulk or Spurgeon or someone that might hit the market this summer (being one year away from UFA).

Re: PK Subban [message #736381 is a reply to message #736364 ]
Wed, 24 April 2019 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

It could be a good time to buy low. I'd take my chances on the right deal.

Clean house or bust

Re: PK Subban [message #736385 is a reply to message #736364 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

I'm pretty sure the celebrity girlfriend would veto a move to Edmonton

Re: PK Subban [message #736396 is a reply to message #736385 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 00:20

I'm pretty sure the celebrity girlfriend would veto a move to Edmonton

She's a skier! She's not going to be afraid of a little cold!

However, it's a hard thing to move a $9MM contract, and Subban's year was not good. A huge drop-off from last year to this. Maybe that means he's coming cheap and primed for a rebound, but if it's not, that $9MM is tough to swallow for 3 more years.

I'd do Larsson for Subban though...and to even up the salaries we could throw in...say...Lucic!

It would complete the circle nicely - Hall for Larsson (and by Stauffer logic, Lucic), then both of those guys for Subban who they should have been targeting to begin with!

Honestly, I don't think the Oilers Old Boys could handle that much personality on the team though...and I imagine some of the worst elements of the Oilers fan base wouldn't do well with it either...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: PK Subban [message #736455 is a reply to message #736364 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

I wouldn't even consider it given his salary and that he's an aging player not to mention all the show boating etc.

Re: PK Subban [message #736457 is a reply to message #736455 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

overdue wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 18:46

I wouldn't even consider it given his salary and that he's an aging player not to mention all the show boating etc.

Showboating is a bad reason not to pick up a player, and I think it's overblown with Subban anyhow. He's got a bit of personality, but the Oilers should not disqualify ANY players based on that (and I think they have to their detriment in the past).

29 isn't that old, although it's past prime. Worth noting - he's 3 years younger than Sekera, and only signed for one more year than him at $3.5MM more.

Sekera's career high was 44 points in 2013-14 (he's never been close to that any other years). Subban scored 59 points last year, and he's been over 50 points for four of the last six years.

If you could do Sekera and a pick for Subban, would you do it?

What about Adam Larsson - 3 years younger but topping out at 24 points and with two more years at $4.16MM? Would you swap him for Subban?

I think either of those are likely upgrades for the Oilers, so if you can find a way to make the money work, I would entertain either.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: PK Subban [message #736458 is a reply to message #736457 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

I would take PK in a heartbeat. But knowing our fanbase and how it loves to attack any defencemen we have, no matter how good they are, this just seems like a bad fit to me.

Maybe after Matheson, Jones, etc retire and Rishaug, Spec go to another market. Those four are always itching to start trouble.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: PK Subban [message #736520 is a reply to message #736457 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 18:54

overdue wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 18:46

Showboating is a bad reason not to pick up a player,

It's not enough of a reason but in this case I really believe it's too much money and attention given to an aging player especially with what the Oilers finally have coming in the system on the way of defence. Nurse is starting to put up numbers, Klef can add some when healthy too and that will only increase with guys like Bouchard and Jones coming into the mix. The showboating comment was just the icing and really is not necessarily a negative although it can be. I even find his antics entertaining for the most part ( this is entertainment after all ) but there has to be a lot more for the 9 mil this team can't afford right now because of their salary cap mismanagement. That's how I see it.

Re: PK Subban [message #736463 is a reply to message #736364 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

This is a pipe-dream with the current cap situation. If the new GM could actually pull of a trade that brings him to Edmonton that doesn't involve being sodomized Chiapet-style, he should be nominated immediately for NHL Executive of the Year for 2019-20.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: PK Subban [message #736464 is a reply to message #736463 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 21:00

This is a pipe-dream with the current cap situation. If the new GM could actually pull of a trade that brings him to Edmonton that doesn't involve being sodomized Chiapet-style, he should be nominated immediately for NHL Executive of the Year for 2019-20.

PK wouldn’t come here. Oiler management couldn’t stomach David Perron’s personality so they certainly won’t like PK. And we can’t fit the salary.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: PK Subban [message #736467 is a reply to message #736463 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

The cap situation isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Cap going up $3.5. Nobody to sign other than Pool Party (I'd tell him to go home if he wants very much money). A few contracts coming off the books (Reider, Petrovic, Montoya). I'm guessing they figure out how to move Manning or Benning. Gagner takes a 2nd line role. Defence is pretty much set, if one comes one will go.

Re: PK Subban [message #736468 is a reply to message #736467 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 21:32

The cap situation isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Cap going up $3.5. Nobody to sign other than Pool Party (I'd tell him to go home if he wants very much money). A few contracts coming off the books (Reider, Petrovic, Montoya). I'm guessing they figure out how to move Manning or Benning. Gagner takes a 2nd line role. Defence is pretty much set, if one comes one will go.

You assume Reider isn’t coming back!

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: PK Subban [message #736511 is a reply to message #736467 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 04:32

Sorry. You are wrong. The cap situation is still bad and for it not to be bad, the cap needs to go up about 10 more million. Cap reportedly is going to be about 82 mll, we already have 71 spent. We need to sign 7 players with that 11 mill.

We need at least 2 wingers maybe 3--There are only so many players willing to take PTO and play for under 1 mill a year.

But feel free to explain how we can add PK and his 9 mill and address the wings?

Re: PK Subban [message #736513 is a reply to message #736511 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

vagabond wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 12:22

Sorry. You are wrong. The cap situation is still bad and for it not to be bad, the cap needs to go up about 10 more million. Cap reportedly is going to be about 82 mll, we already have 71 spent. We need to sign 7 players with that 11 mill.

We need at least 2 wingers maybe 3--There are only so many players willing to take PTO and play for under 1 mill a year.

But feel free to explain how we can add PK and his 9 mill and address the wings?

It all depends on who's going out.

We have a lot of bad contracts, but if you can get rid of a couple, then you can take on a big contract.

You have to be careful doing it, because it could reduce your flexibility in future seasons, but it's certainly not impossible.

I think it's important to remember that there's probably at least 10 other crappy GMs in the league, and so you just have to find ways to exploit that.

Re: PK Subban [message #736514 is a reply to message #736513 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 12:52

We have a lot of bad contracts, but if you can get rid of a couple, then you can take on a big contract.

You have to be careful doing it, because it could reduce your flexibility in future seasons, but it's certainly not impossible.

I think it's important to remember that there's probably at least 10 other crappy GMs in the league, and so you just have to find ways to exploit that.

Well, don't think Nashville will be taking any bad contracts. They actually know how to manage their team and want to win ASAP. For Subban, they will probably want a very high quality forward as a starting point.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: PK Subban [message #736515 is a reply to message #736514 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 12:57

Well, don't think Nashville will be taking any bad contracts. They actually know how to manage their team and want to win ASAP. For Subban, they will probably want a very high quality forward as a starting point.

I don't think they can make a move for Subban without taking on salary, possibly a bad deal. They're well managed, so they're likely to find someone who's still useful, but it's tough to move a $9MM defenceman - and there's reason to think they'd be selling low right now.

I'd be surprised if he actually moves for that reason. The Predators don't seem to be prone to panicky moves.

I think they're still well ahead in the Weber/Subban deal:

Subban - 211GP, 130 pts, 0.60PPG
Weber - 162GP, 91 pts, 0.56 PPG

I don't think Subban is any less defensively proficient than Weber, he scores at a higher rate (although slightly lower than Weber this year), and he's more likely to be in your lineup.

I bet PK is still in Nashville come October.

Re: PK Subban [message #736517 is a reply to message #736515 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 13:03

I don't think they can make a move for Subban without taking on salary, possibly a bad deal. They're well managed, so they're likely to find someone who's still useful, but it's tough to move a $9MM defenceman - and there's reason to think they'd be selling low right now.

I'd be surprised if he actually moves for that reason. The Predators don't seem to be prone to panicky moves.

I don't think Subban is any less defensively proficient than Weber, he scores at a higher rate (although slightly lower than Weber this year), and he's more likely to be in your lineup.

Yeah, I don't think Poile will be making any deals that aren't an upgrade. He'll take money back, but it's gonna be a quality player, likely a forward. He's not taking crap like Lucic or Russell. Nuge is probably the bare minimum starting point, and we have to add.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 April 2019 13:45]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: PK Subban [message #736521 is a reply to message #736517 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 12:41

Yeah, I don't think Poile will be making any deals that aren't an upgrade. He'll take money back, but it's gonna be a quality player, likely a forward. He's not taking crap like Lucic or Russell. Nuge is probably the bare minimum starting point, and we have to add.

What about the #8 pick + Russell + JP? Not enough salary moving out, so other salary dumps would need to happen in tandem. Is that a deal Nashville would consider? Maybe Larsson instead of Russell? I would hate to move the #8 pick, but I don't think the Oilers can afford another season out of the playoffs. We've got some D coming down the pipe, but PK would ensure none of them a thrust into the deep end too soon.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: PK Subban [message #736526 is a reply to message #736521 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 14:25

What about the #8 pick + Russell + JP? Not enough salary moving out, so other salary dumps would need to happen in tandem. Is that a deal Nashville would consider? Maybe Larsson instead of Russell? I would hate to move the #8 pick, but I don't think the Oilers can afford another season out of the playoffs. We've got some D coming down the pipe, but PK would ensure none of them a thrust into the deep end too soon.

Nashville, IMO, is a team that is on a 2-3 year clock to finally win something. Josi has 1 year left before UFA, Ekholm has 3. those guys plus Ellis are 28. All this work they've done making this great D group and they just can't get it done, and the lack of consistent production up front keeps killing them. I can't see them moving such a big piece unless they believe the return is immediately making them better.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: PK Subban [message #736531 is a reply to message #736526 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 14:44

Nashville, IMO, is a team that is on a 2-3 year clock to finally win something. Josi has 1 year left before UFA, Ekholm has 3. those guys plus Ellis are 28. All this work they've done making this great D group and they just can't get it done, and the lack of consistent production up front keeps killing them. I can't see them moving such a big piece unless they believe the return is immediately making them better.

What are you talking about win something? They've won a President's Trophy, a Clarence Campbell Bowl, and two regular season Central Division titles.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: PK Subban [message #736532 is a reply to message #736531 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 15:11

What are you talking about win something? They've won a President's Trophy, a Clarence Campbell Bowl, and two regular season Central Division titles.

That other thing that everyone wants to win and will be bummed about not winning for the rest of their days if they never manage to.

Not just the Fake Dynasty Canucks level accomplishments.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: PK Subban [message #736533 is a reply to message #736532 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 15:14

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 15:11

That other thing that everyone wants to win and will be bummed about not winning for the rest of their days if they never manage to.

Not just the Fake Dynasty Canucks level accomplishments.

Ah, the Jack Adams!

Re: PK Subban [message #736522 is a reply to message #736467 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 21:32

Yeah no kidding. The Oilers have something like $13MM in room next year to sign 7 players. So they would have to move out some salary if trading for Subban, but it is not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

Re: PK Subban [message #736479 is a reply to message #736364 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mullet  is currently offline Mullet

No Cups

Maybe you could do Nuge and Benning for him. Gives them a bit of a different look and give us close to what we need to squeeze him in.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Re: PK Subban [message #736481 is a reply to message #736479 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

6 Cups

Do the Oilers need a better right shot in their top 4? Yes.
Do they need some more puck movers in their defense? Yes
Do they need a few more better skaters in their defense? Yes
Would it be nice to get more offense from their defense? Yes.

But I am of the opinion that they can do that by bringing in a few of their young dmen who do all of that. I am of the opinion, you can do that and not have it cost you 9 mill.

So I don't want any part of Subban. My reasons:
- Let's get this right, he's 29 for another 17 days. When he starts next season he will be 30. So his best years are behind him. I don't see Subban as the Giordano type where he keeps getting better after 30. I suspect he will decline. So you are going to be paying 9 mill for a dman that is declining.
- He's coming off a season where he had 31 pts in 63 games. That prorates to 40 pts. I am not spending 9 mill on a 40 pt dman.
- It's going to cost you a lot in assets to get Subban for a guy who will probably decline.
- For all the talk about how you can't let Subban and his brash personality stop you from bringing him in. I don't have a problem with Subban being a little brash, Go ahead, I don't care. But for the Oilers, I do think his personality would be a good thing. I do not think they currently have the guys in they room to handle him. I think a guy like Subban needs to be in a dressing room full of vets. That isn't the Oilers.

If the Oilers want to go bring in a big name, right shot dman, go get a guy with some gas left in the tank. Go get Barrie who's only going to be 28 in July, would have easily 3 more years of high end play and won't cost you 9 mill to resign. Go get Trouba(not sure he would sign here). Go get Ristonlainen who I get his +/- isn't good but he started off early young playing too much and being asked to do too much. Maybe a different coach, in a different system, on a different team, he would be different. We see players all the time go to a new team and take off. There are other guys. Going after the aging, super expensive guy who's best years are done is not the right call in my opinion.

If the Preds come calling and say "we need to get bigger and nastier for the playoffs, we need Lucic and throw in Sekera" then absolutely. But other than that, not thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 April 2019 08:36]

RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736492 is a reply to message #736364 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

If Chiapet really does become GM of the Blues, I'd tell the next Oil GM to speak to him immediately. He could probably rake Chiaboy over the coals and saddle them with Loo's contract in exchange for Pietrangelo, Parayko, or both.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736524 is a reply to message #736492 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

In my opinion, if I was the Preds, any deal for PK would be built around Nurse

Re: RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736542 is a reply to message #736524 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

vagabond wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 13:37

If Nurse was the primary piece going back, I would be trying to get that deal done somehow. Here's the thing, we always hear how these top end D are hard to get, and you have to develop them, yet it seems many of them do get traded. I'm sick of the Oilers never being in on these guys when it's been such a massive area of weakness for going on 15 years!

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736546 is a reply to message #736542 ]
Fri, 26 April 2019 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 16:08

vagabond wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 13:37

If Nurse was the primary piece going back, I would be trying to get that deal done somehow. Here's the thing, we always hear how these top end D are hard to get, and you have to develop them, yet it seems many of them do get traded. I'm sick of the Oilers never being in on these guys when it's been such a massive area of weakness for going on 15 years!

So you guys want to trade a 24 yr old dman with not even 300 games under his belt. A guy who is tough, nasty, skates like the wind, stand up for his team, is extremely well liked but the 2 best players on the team who's coming off a 41 pt season where most of his points were scored 5 on 5. Given his age and limited experience, he's most like not at his peak as a dman.

In return you get a 30 yr old, who has injury problems, coming off a down offensive, injury plagued season, who makes too much money and who's personality is not exactly listed as a positive on 2 teams now.

There is no upside to P.K. He is what he is and there is a huge likelihood he will decline at his age. If you make that trade, how on earth does this team get better? That sounds like a CHia trade to me all day long. You are getting the older, overpaid, declining guy for the younger, cheaper guy who can do almost as good. Worse case scenario for Nurse, he levels off offensively and ends up as a 35-40 pt dman who's good in all areas and when his contract comes, he costs you 5.-6. Best case his he gets close to 50 pts which is the max Subban will get and probably won't ever get again AND you have to sign him to say 7.5 mill. Either way, Nurse will never make 9 mill and be probably pretty much just as good. The only thing he won't be is right handed.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 April 2019 16:30]

Re: RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736573 is a reply to message #736546 ]
Sat, 27 April 2019 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeff340  is currently offline jeff340

No Cups

Maybe the Oilers should have just signed Erik Gustafsson a few years ago instead of just letting their draft pick sign with Chicago

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey /unsigned-edmonton-oilers-draft-pick-erik-gustafsson-has-agr eed-to-an-entry-level-deal-with-the-chicago-blackhawks

He had 17G and 43A for 60 points playing for Chicago this year.

Re: RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736574 is a reply to message #736573 ]
Sat, 27 April 2019 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

What the heck? I had no idea who this guy is, that he was Oiler property, or that he scored 60 points as a defenseman this year.

What a blunder that is. That article was written when the Hawks signed him, and Willis thought it was odd that the Oilers never signed him.

Just add him to the list of mismanaged quality assets we let go. Here is an updated lineup:

Hall-Barzal*-Eberle
Perron-xxxx-xxxx
Maroon-Strome-Aberg
Caggiula-xxxx-Pitlick

Gustafsson-Petry
xxxx-Schultz
Oesterle-xxxx

Dubnyk
Talbot

It's really coming together.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 April 2019 14:52]

Clean house or bust

Re: RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736588 is a reply to message #736574 ]
Sun, 28 April 2019 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Sat, 27 April 2019 14:43

What the heck? I had no idea who this guy is, that he was Oiler property, or that he scored 60 points as a defenseman this year.

What a blunder that is. That article was written when the Hawks signed him, and Willis thought it was odd that the Oilers never signed him.

Just add him to the list of mismanaged quality assets we let go. Here is an updated lineup:

Hall-Barzal*-Eberle
Perron-xxxx-xxxx
Maroon-Strome-Aberg
Caggiula-xxxx-Pitlick

Gustafsson-Petry
xxxx-Schultz
Oesterle-xxxx

Dubnyk
Talbot

I’m sure Cogliano could centre our 4th line.

Re: RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736593 is a reply to message #736588 ]
Sun, 28 April 2019 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sun, 28 April 2019 08:14

Hall-Barzal*-Eberle
Perron-xxxx-xxxx
Maroon-Strome-Aberg
Caggiula-xxxx-Pitlick

Gustafsson-Petry
xxxx-Schultz
Oesterle-xxxx

Dubnyk
Talbot

You wouldn't prefer to have Eric Belanger in that role?!?

Re: RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736602 is a reply to message #736593 ]
Sun, 28 April 2019 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 28 April 2019 09:53

inverno76 wrote on Sun, 28 April 2019 08:14

Hall-Barzal*-Eberle
Perron-xxxx-xxxx
Maroon-Strome-Aberg
Caggiula-xxxx-Pitlick

Gustafsson-Petry
xxxx-Schultz
Oesterle-xxxx

Dubnyk
Talbot

You wouldn't prefer to have Eric Belanger in that role?!?

Right? Man’o’man it’s hard to stay positive with this club. They don’t deserve McDavid or their fan base.

I’m currently deeply entrenched into a PA Raiders run (sorry Oil King fans) and it makes me so angry that we can’t enjoy this most years as fans of a NHL team.

Meanwhile Barzal from Eberle makes it 1-0 this afternoon...........

Re: RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736605 is a reply to message #736602 ]
Sun, 28 April 2019 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sun, 28 April 2019 13:46

Meanwhile Barzal from Eberle makes it 1-0 this afternoon...........

2nd assist on a PP goal from a cross ice pass that a Canes player deflects into his own net ;)

The kinds of points that McDavid sucked all year at getting, costing him a 3rd straight art ross and probably another Hart.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: RthatRe: PK Subban [message #736578 is a reply to message #736573 ]
Sat, 27 April 2019 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

jeff340 wrote on Sat, 27 April 2019 14:34

Maybe the Oilers should have just signed Erik Gustafsson a few years ago instead of just letting their draft pick sign with Chicago

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey /unsigned-edmonton-oilers-draft-pick-erik-gustafsson-has-agr eed-to-an-entry-level-deal-with-the-chicago-blackhawks

He had 17G and 43A for 60 points playing for Chicago this year.

But how good is he at breaking up cycles? Brandon Manning level? Doubt it!

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:New Third Jersey
Next Topic:Hypothetical ‘BIG’ trade...
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca