This day on August 21
Acquired: Don Jackson (1981) Pat Falloon (1998) Dan Smith (2003)
Departed: Don Murdoch (1981)

Happy Birthday To: Entwhistle, ameeratif, Rosco11, etnies.80

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Remenda rips the Oilers
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714319]
Thu, 03 May 2018 21:14 Go to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

2 Cups

Apologies if this doesn’t warrant its own topic or if it’s in the wrong Forum...

Drew Remenda gave his .02 on the recent events within the organization along with his knowing Edmonton fans hate him

Quote:

“I don’t know if you know this but you can go and Google and search it up, and my kids love to do it because they think it’s the funniest thing in the world, Edmonton fans hate me. Like hate me. Sharks fans, not so much. Sharks fans are so good to me all the time.”

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/ shots-fired-drew-remenda-firing-the-assistant-coach-to-me-is -ridiculous/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Quote:

Jay Woodcroft had the choice of staying in Edmonton as an asst. coach or taking the head coaching job in Bakersfield, Remenda said.

Survivor 52 CHAMP

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714320 is a reply to message #714319 ]
Thu, 03 May 2018 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Seems to relish being disliked quite a bit, lol. He's probably just at the point of intentionally trolling Oilers fans now, since he is so aware of how annoying he is, and makes a point to not at all do what he's being asked by the network.

I imagine he has a pretty close relationship with Mclellan's BFF's, so it probably annoyed him to see any of them removed, and the gang of buddies broken up. Boohoo.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714321 is a reply to message #714320 ]
Thu, 03 May 2018 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

I hate you Remenda.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714322 is a reply to message #714321 ]
Fri, 04 May 2018 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

What I don't get is why the hell do they have a guy like Remenda doing the color for the Oilers when it's pretty clear he doesn't like the team, the fans or the City? I don't have a problem with a guy at times ripping the team when they deserve it. I don't want a guy lying to me about how wonderful they are all the time when they aren't but I sure don't want to listen to a guy who clearly can't stand the team he's supposed to be covering.

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714333 is a reply to message #714321 ]
Fri, 04 May 2018 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 03 May 2018 22:00

I hate you Remenda.

https://i.imgur.com/2fi1tv1.jpg

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714325 is a reply to message #714319 ]
Fri, 04 May 2018 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

There is a way to rip the Oilers without sounding like a pompous know-it-all. Remenda is so damn condescending in tone. Needs to take a page out of Ferraro's book.

Clean house or bust

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714326 is a reply to message #714325 ]
Fri, 04 May 2018 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 04 May 2018 09:36

There is a way to rip the Oilers without sounding like a pompous know-it-all. Remenda is so damn condescending in tone. Needs to take a page out of Ferraro's book.

Agreed. However to be fair I felt Remenda was a better colour this season that the last, what? 5? Prior to last year he sounded disappointed that the Oilers would get a goal and just hype whomever the Oilers were playing against. Last year he softened his tone.

Now the jerk stirs the pot a bit.. nice going Sharks lover..

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714329 is a reply to message #714326 ]
Fri, 04 May 2018 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

1 Cup

Rocksteady wrote on Fri, 04 May 2018 09:40

Agreed. However to be fair I felt Remenda was a better colour this season that the last, what? 5? Prior to last year he sounded disappointed that the Oilers would get a goal and just hype whomever the Oilers were playing against. Last year he softened his tone.

...not a fan of the Quinn/Remenda team at all....Quinn seems poorly prepared, and Remenda just never shuts up; he is always running his mouth especially during the play....agreed that he wasn't as hostile towards the Oilers this past season, but I see no reason to be "good to him"....

...I don't want someone who blindly toes the team line like the Sportsnet crew out of Calgary does, but informative and balanced would be nice...Ferraro and Gord Miller do a great job at the World Championships: lots of relevant information and accurate play-by play....is that too much to ask of Sportsnet coverage of the Oilers?...

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714330 is a reply to message #714326 ]
Fri, 04 May 2018 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Fri, 04 May 2018 09:40

I hated Remenda in the playoff series against the Sharks. I am watching and Oilers broadcast and all I heard was how great the Sharks were. I'm a little surprised that we didn't hear Remenda swear on air when his beloved Sharks were eliminated.

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714396 is a reply to message #714319 ]
Mon, 07 May 2018 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

3 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Thu, 03 May 2018 21:14

Apologies if this doesn’t warrant its own topic or if it’s in the wrong Forum...

Drew Remenda gave his .02 on the recent events within the organization along with his knowing Edmonton fans hate him

Quote:

“I don’t know if you know this but you can go and Google and search it up, and my kids love to do it because they think it’s the funniest thing in the world, Edmonton fans hate me. Like hate me. Sharks fans, not so much. Sharks fans are so good to me all the time.”

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/ shots-fired-drew-remenda-firing-the-assistant-coach-to-me-is -ridiculous/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Quote:

Jay Woodcroft had the choice of staying in Edmonton as an asst. coach or taking the head coaching job in Bakersfield, Remenda said.

I don't hate Remenda, I just think there are probably at least 100 guys out there that could do better TV color for the Oilers. Remenda should probably note that at no other time in the history of the Edmonton Oilers has a 'color guy' been critiqued so much....perhaps its more of a reflection on the job he does or the value he adds, rather than Oilers fans just suddenly deciding to 'hate' him. Edmonton fans watch a lot of hockey, they see what other color guys bring to the table, and by comparison, Remenda is lacking. Sharks fans quite frankly probably don't know any better.

Kevin Quinn also gets criticism, because Edmonton Oilers fans watch PBP by several other national and regional broadcasters across the NHL, and Kevin Quinn quite frankly is down on the list in terms of quality.

People who are public figures in an age of ubiquitous media/social media should not be surprised or shocked by any reaction by those who are exposed to their work, their product.

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714399 is a reply to message #714319 ]
Mon, 07 May 2018 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Remenda's skin is a thin as tissue paper, he's a local broadcaster, who would ignore mentioning missed calls on infractions against the Oilers, as well as the ghost calls against them, yet never forget to say when an Oiler went to the box on a marginal and or ghost call.. "they'll call that EVERY time", which of course they don't call EVERY time. It was like he was being careful not to ruffle any league feathers by criticizing the NHL and its refs, so that he'd eventually be able to leave his northern purgatory and get on the national circuit, its called career planning. Except it was getting obvious to the viewer.

He's gotten better.. but comments like that to his SJ buddies just puts him a few steps back again.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714416 is a reply to message #714399 ]
Mon, 07 May 2018 16:21 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 07 May 2018 14:32

Remenda's skin is a thin as tissue paper, he's a local broadcaster, who would ignore mentioning missed calls on infractions against the Oilers, as well as the ghost calls against them, yet never forget to say when an Oiler went to the box on a marginal and or ghost call.. "they'll call that EVERY time", which of course they don't call EVERY time. It was like he was being careful not to ruffle any league feathers by criticizing the NHL and its refs, so that he'd eventually be able to leave his northern purgatory and get on the national circuit, its called career planning. Except it was getting obvious to the viewer.

He's gotten better.. but comments like that to his SJ buddies just puts him a few steps back again.

There's a few issues with Remenda. He seems to confirm in that interview that the Oilers ask him to be positive and I feel like he's sending messages - either the ones that the coaching staff or the management ask him to about certain players. There are guys who's mistakes he dwells on (Eberle fell in to this category), and guys who if they make a glaring error, he won't even mention their name when discussing it (I don't think he's ever said a critical thing about Darnell Nurse).

He's definitely very cozy with the coaching staff, which makes sense if in SJ they used to let him sit in on the coaching meetings!!?! It means that he's never critical of coaching. There's no conversation about McLellan's player choices with the empty net or on the powerplay, because he's his buddy.

The San Jose love got old really fast. I understand that as much as every media guy pretends to be impartial, at heart there's a fan underneath all that and they love their team...It would be nice with Remenda if he pretended at least that his heart wasn't still in San Jose. Jim Peplinski was a terrible choice for Oilers colour man too back in the day...because at heart he hated the Oilers and loved the Flames. I do think that these aren't hard jobs to find candidates for really, so if you're going to hire someone...especially a relative no one like Remenda, then maybe find someone who doesn't live and die with another team in the division.

Interesting to hear him talk about how much Oilers fans hate him. That's not going to make him love the job or the team any more. I think if he had any option other than the Oilers broadcast that kept him at the NHL level, he's gone. Honestly, that's probably best for all parties at this point...as long as Sportsnet & the Oilers don't go and hire another ex-Flame to replace him.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Remenda rips the Oilers [message #714401 is a reply to message #714319 ]
Mon, 07 May 2018 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

I actually hated DeBrusk. He was always too positive during the worst Oiler teams of all time and hearing that after watching a couple of periods of garbage just made me even more angrier.

*The League worst Oilers down 4-1 after 2 periods*

Louie DeBrusk : "But if there's any team that can come back down 4-1 it's the Oilers with their combination of speed and skill."

I'm assuming Sportsnet told him to say things like that just to keep viewers.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Previous Topic:Slepyshev out
Next Topic:Kevin Lowe Tote
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca