This day on August 14
Acquired: Kevin Brown (1998)
Departed: Michel Picard (2000)

Happy Birthday To: Trueblue26, Belleu

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Target DefencemenPages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Target Defencemen [message #673215 is a reply to message #673212 ]
Fri, 24 June 2016 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

If a trade included a Dumba and Coyle who's also singed to 2020 for a 3.2 mill cap hit, I'd be listening to that.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673218 is a reply to message #673210 ]
Fri, 24 June 2016 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 24 June 2016 15:56

I don't think a deal with Nuge for a Dumba straight up happens. But what about a deal with something like a Dumba and a Coyle? Coyle is a big, right shot center/RW winger. Shoots right. Physical. Had 21 goals, 42 points last year. Only 24.

I do think Dumba will be expensive. I don't know what it is, but seems the world just assumes a young D is amazing if they play for Minny.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673219 is a reply to message #673218 ]
Fri, 24 June 2016 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I wouldn't do Nuge for Dumba straight up. You'd have to get more for Nuge.

I wonder though if the play for the Oilers is to get a really good, top pairing, right shot guy that plays the big mins, shuts guys down, then you get a Dumba type to be the PP bomb from the point.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673220 is a reply to message #673204 ]
Fri, 24 June 2016 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 24 June 2016 15:36

mightyreasoner wrote on Fri, 24 June 2016 15:07

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 24 June 2016 15:03

Bob McKenzie says Edmonton is looking at Matt Dumba.

Granted I haven't seen a ton of Dumba, but I think there's a lot of chaos in game still, isn't there?

Not a bad add, but not the guy we really need, IMO. Not a guy you'd move RNH for either I would guess.

Good god. Matheson just suggested A) RNH for Dumba the Oilers would need more, which on it's own is true and makes you wish he didn't say B) Brodin would be more fair value for RNH.

Brodin managed SEVEN POINTS in 68 games last year. 17 in 71 games the year before.

Gary Lawless on TSN1260 around 3:30 today said RNH is in roughly the same category as Matheau Perrault from Winnipeg....what a complete moron!!! Basically implying that Bryan Little is better than RNH as well...OMG!

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673333 is a reply to message #673220 ]
Sat, 25 June 2016 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I really think Ceci in Ottawa has big upside and is already a #4 dman who is a right shot guy with good size...6'2" 209 lbs. He gets almost no power play time because of Karlsson which obviously makes sense. He has a big shot, moves the puck well & plays a smart game. I think we may have a guy that could develope into a #2 dman fairly quickly. He is only 22 and needs a new contract. If Ottawa needs a top 6 forward and would be a good trading partner for the Oilers. They are also very cheap when it comes to contracts. If Ceci doesn't want a bridge contract & wants north of $4.5 million over many years they might not like that as they have a ton of money already tied up their top 3 dmen. I think there is a solid deal to be had hear.

My Proposal:

Eberle & Yakupov
For
Ceci, Z. Smith, Nick Paul

They get 2 top 6 forwards, we get a right handed top 4 dman with upside, a very solid 3rd line center with size in Smith & Nick Paul is a hulking bi Cneter prospects that projects to be a solid top 9 guy with upside to be a 2nd liner & is only 1 or 2 years max away from the NHL level.

The best part is Ceci & that Ottawa is cheap & may have to much money in Defense for a very cheap cap team.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673398 is a reply to message #673333 ]
Sun, 26 June 2016 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Here are the teams that look like they have 4 top 4 Dmen that will probably need to trade one of them somewhere to not lose a big piece in the expansion draft. They don't need to do it now, but they may want to get ahead of the curve on this as they will be dealing from a position of weakness as you get closer to the expansion draft next June. Some of these guys will have to be protected because they have full no move clause. Unless they get traded or agree to waive it they have to be protected.

Columbus - Johnson, Savard, Jones, Murray
Washington - Alzner, Niskanen, Orpik, Carlson & Orlov
Nashville - Weber, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis
Minnesota - Suter, Brodin, Dumba, Spurgeon & Scandella
Anaheim - Lindholm, Fowler, Vatenan, Bieksa, Depres
St. Louis - Petriangelo, Boumeester, Parayko, Shattenkirk
Ottawa - Karlsson, Phaneuf, Methot, Ceci
Winnipeg - Byguglien, Myers, Trouba, Enstrom
New Jersey - Severson, Larsson, Greene, Merrill & Moore

That looks like the list as it sits today, plus any July 1st UFA signings.

Out of that list I would like these top 5 RHD if they are open for a trade:
1. Trouba
2. Ceci
3. Myers
4. Shattenkirk (if he is signed to an extension)
5. Severson ( I doubt he is very available, but NJ is desperate for a top 6 forward)

Winnipeg looks like the obvious choice, but I sense it doesn't seem to be a big priority for them right now. If they have Trouble with signing Trouba to something reasonable I think he could be available. I really like Ceci, because he gets almost no powerplay time behind Karlsson & I believe he is being underutilized a lot there & has a fair bit of upside IMO (he has a big shot). I would be happy if we could get one of these 5 guys buy July 2nd.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673399 is a reply to message #673398 ]
Sun, 26 June 2016 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prince Albert 1  is currently offline Prince Albert 1

No Cups

Jakey wrote on Sun, 26 June 2016 10:03

Here are the teams that look like they have 4 top 4 Dmen that will probably need to trade one of them somewhere to not lose a big piece in the expansion draft. They don't need to do it now, but they may want to get ahead of the curve on this as they will be dealing from a position of weakness as you get closer to the expansion draft next June. Some of these guys will have to be protected because they have full no move clause. Unless they get traded or agree to waive it they have to be protected.

1. Trouba
2. Ceci
3. Myers
5. Severson ( I doubt he is very available, but NJ is desperate for a top 6 forward)

Winnipeg looks like the obvious choice, but I sense it doesn't seem to be a big priority for them right now. If they have Trouble with signing Trouba to something reasonable I think he could be available. I really like Ceci, because he gets almost no powerplay time behind Karlsson & I believe he is being underutilized a lot there & has a fair bit of upside IMO (he has a big shot). I would be happy if we could get one of these 5 guys buy July 2nd.

David Savard seems like an attainable piece as well with Columbus in cap hell and needing to get Seth Jones signed to an extension. They are desperate for forwards as well.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673400 is a reply to message #673399 ]
Sun, 26 June 2016 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Prince Albert 1 wrote on Sun, 26 June 2016 10:56

Jakey wrote on Sun, 26 June 2016 10:03

1. Trouba
2. Ceci
3. Myers

David Savard seems like an attainable piece as well with Columbus in cap hell and needing to get Seth Jones signed to an extension. They are desperate for forwards as well.

It's possible, but I think they buy out Tuytin instead. They save $3 million in cap space and that way they don't have to jettison a decent dman in Savard in a trade. Plus in a trade we need to give some money back which CLB doesn't not want back.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673404 is a reply to message #673400 ]
Sun, 26 June 2016 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUFFMAN  is currently offline DUFFMAN

No Cups

So, seriously...Danny Boyle wouldn't be the worst option right? Sign him for one season and no need protecting him for the expansion draft.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673415 is a reply to message #673404 ]
Sun, 26 June 2016 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

DUFFMAN wrote on Sun, 26 June 2016 13:11

So, seriously...Danny Boyle wouldn't be the worst option right? Sign him for one season and no need protecting him for the expansion draft.

You can't be serious.

Dan Boyle is going to be 40 years old on July 11th. He can't skate well enough to keep up anymore. Take the skating out of it for a minute. Why is a 40 yr old, who's made a ton of money, who's said he's going to retire, played a huge part of his career in the east going to up root his family, move all the way across North America to sign a one year contract for the Oilers?

If the Oilers were in Florida, where no one gave a crap about what you did, where many 1 reporter covered the team and you couple play hockey while your family went to the beach everyday, then maybe I guess. But they are in Edmonton, where the weather sucks, the travel sucks, every last person in the City follows your every move and you have morons in the media like Terry Jones asking you stupid questions about why at 40, you can't score 50 points like you use to 6 years ago.

Seriously think about that for a second.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673431 is a reply to message #673415 ]
Sun, 26 June 2016 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Maybe we'll win the Tom Gilbert sweepstakes.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673435 is a reply to message #673415 ]
Mon, 27 June 2016 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Sun, 26 June 2016 16:13

You can't be serious.

I'm an Oilers fan.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673437 is a reply to message #673435 ]
Mon, 27 June 2016 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

DUFFMAN wrote on Mon, 27 June 2016 02:13

RDOilerfan wrote on Sun, 26 June 2016 16:13

You can't be serious.

I'm an Oilers fan.

Are you sure you are an Oilers fan because if you were, why are you suggesting to bring in guys that can't play anymore?

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673471 is a reply to message #673398 ]
Mon, 27 June 2016 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rrathel716  is currently offline rrathel716

No Cups

That is what Chiarelli was saying with options there are club that will do something before it is too late but I am very confident one defenseman could be traded very soon either one of the team mentioned in the thread so there is no panic yet it will be either we get a younger defenseman or one with more experience so that would probably need another one defenseman via UFA.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673545 is a reply to message #673471 ]
Mon, 27 June 2016 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Team Dean  is currently offline Team Dean

No Cups

shattenkirk or trouba yes, dumba and brodin no.

fowler no.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673564 is a reply to message #673545 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

It sounds like the asking price for Shattenkirk is ridiculous (Larkin/Drouin) and also that he's reportedly asking for $7m/yr which I think is equally ridiculous for a 3/4d so I think he's no longer an option.
Really hoping we're not considering Nuge for Dumba as I don't think Dumba is any more than maybe a 4 D right now.

My top pick is still Trouba. Maybe see if we can offer one of our left D for him. I'm not opposed to moving Nurse or Klefbom to get him, but again it'd depend how much he'd be willing to sign for. If it's $7m+ like Shattenkirk then forget it.

Wonder what it'd take to pry Severson out of New Jersey. I'm not overly familiar with him but he seems to be rated highly. They need scoring up front. Would Yak and a high pick get it done?

Sekera - Trouba
Klefbom - Severson
Davidson - Oesterle / Fayne

That almost resembles a legit NHL defence.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673566 is a reply to message #673564 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 08:45

It sounds like the asking price for Shattenkirk is ridiculous (Larkin/Drouin) and also that he's reportedly asking for $7m/yr which I think is equally ridiculous for a 3/4d so I think he's no longer an option.
Really hoping we're not considering Nuge for Dumba as I don't think Dumba is any more than maybe a 4 D right now.

My top pick is still Trouba. Maybe see if we can offer one of our left D for him. I'm not opposed to moving Nurse or Klefbom to get him, but again it'd depend how much he'd be willing to sign for. If it's $7m+ like Shattenkirk then forget it.

Wonder what it'd take to pry Severson out of New Jersey. I'm not overly familiar with him but he seems to be rated highly. They need scoring up front. Would Yak and a high pick get it done?

Sekera - Trouba
Klefbom - Severson
Davidson - Oesterle / Fayne

That almost resembles a legit NHL defence.

The Dylan Larkin rumour was laughed off.

The Blues will have to decide what's more important to them, one more year of Shattenkirk, or getting a decent return for him. If it's the latter, I expect the price will come down. You can't pay that much for a guy who's facing UFA a year out.

I'm never worried about these salary demands. If I'm negotiating my contract, I'm starting high with my demands, especially if there's good comparables that I can point to like the Goligoski and Yandle deals.

Shattenkirk has scored 35 less points in 150 less games compared to Goligoski, so there's a pretty good argument to be made that he should be a $6MM+ defenceman given the deal Goligoski just got.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673599 is a reply to message #673566 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

From Eklund, so take it with a grain of salt, but it's regarding Trouba:

Quote:

a source contacted me and said that he had heard a lot of talk at the Draft regarding the Bruins "offer sheeting " Jakob Trouba. It is apparently possible. The Bruins did inquire about Trouba last week and were told he wasn't available via trade.

So...Nurse for Trouba then? icon_wink

edit: Linkage: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Bruins-Offer-Sheeting- Trouba-On-Stempniak-Brouwer-Nielsen--Buzz1/1/77848

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673600 is a reply to message #670234 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spoonful  is currently offline spoonful

No Cups

If Lucic signs, Hall for Adam Larsson plus 2nd round pick (maybe more)

Fight

This is based on Stauffer all but spelling it out on his show today (2nd half hour)

The Edmonton Oilers - "Craig's on it"

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673601 is a reply to message #673600 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

spoonful wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 12:54

Fight

This is based on Stauffer all but spelling it out on his show today (2nd half hour)

Here was Stauffer criteria:

- plays 22 mins a night
- RHD
- makes less than 5 mil
- not very talked about
- full circle from 15 months ago (New Jersey has an extra 2nd round pick and the Oil owe Boston a 2nd from hiring Chiarelli 15 months ago)

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673604 is a reply to message #673601 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

spoonful wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 12:56

Fight

- plays 22 mins a night
- RHD
- makes less than 5 mil
- not very talked about
- full circle from 15 months ago (New Jersey has an extra 2nd round pick and the Oil owe Boston a 2nd from hiring Chiarelli 15 months ago)

Ugh. If it was Eberle sure (might even do Nuge if it had to be done), but Hall is a big overpayment for a guy who's only hit 20 points once.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673607 is a reply to message #673604 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 13:01

spoonful wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 12:56

Fight

- plays 22 mins a night
- RHD
- makes less than 5 mil
- not very talked about

Ugh. If it was Eberle sure (might even do Nuge if it had to be done), but Hall is a big overpayment for a guy who's only hit 20 points once.

This is tricky, because Larsson has been playing with Andy Greene. Think we all remember the last guy we picked up that looked OK playing with Greene.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673602 is a reply to message #673600 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Fight

Stauffer is calling for Hall to be moved? Can't wait to hear the stories of which player's wife Hall was "possibly" sleeping with after he's traded.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673603 is a reply to message #673602 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 12:56

Fight

Stauffer is calling for Hall to be moved? Can't wait to hear the stories of which player's wife Hall was "possibly" sleeping with after he's traded.

I don't think he's "calling" for Hall to be moved it's just the piece that would be moved if Lucic is signed.

Makes sense though, all of the other wingers (save Pullujarvi) don't have much value.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673606 is a reply to message #673603 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I don't think anyone wants to trade Hall but except for McDavid, no one is untouchable on this team. Nor should anyone on the Oilers except McDaivd be untouchable. I am a HUGE Hall fan and I would be very disappointed if he was traded but I would accept a Hal trade IF they got a very good Dman coming back. I'm not talking a guy who everyone thinks will be good, that Dman needs to be already good. Preferably on the younger side so he hasn't even close to peaked.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673610 is a reply to message #673606 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 13:02

I don't think anyone wants to trade Hall but except for McDavid, no one is untouchable on this team. Nor should anyone on the Oilers except McDaivd be untouchable. I am a HUGE Hall fan and I would be very disappointed if he was traded but I would accept a Hal trade IF they got a very good Dman coming back. I'm not talking a guy who everyone thinks will be good, that Dman needs to be already good. Preferably on the younger side so he hasn't even close to peaked.

It's becoming more and more apparent that the only player with any semblance of value is Hall.

Spector mentioned on the show today that the best offer Minnesota would give for RNH was Dumba straight up (and Chiarelli said no obviously).

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673688 is a reply to message #673610 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

spoonful wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 13:11

It's becoming more and more apparent that the only player with any semblance of value is Hall.

Spector mentioned on the show today that the best offer Minnesota would give for RNH was Dumba straight up (and Chiarelli said no obviously).

I get that we are all attached to Nuge (I think he's far better than his stats suggest), but his numbers are very average. I'm not sure why you think Matt Dumba is worth so much less than Nuge?

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673689 is a reply to message #673688 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 21:30

I get that we are all attached to Nuge (I think he's far better than his stats suggest), but his numbers are very average. I'm not sure why you think Matt Dumba is worth so much less than Nuge?

Nuge is able to hold his own against top lines. He by far played the hardest minutes of any Oiler this season. Dumba was out against the 5th toughest comp among Minny D with sheltered zone starts and couldn't keep his head above water at even strength. There's really no way to tell what Dumba will be able to become in his career, but for now he's a 3rd pairing PP specialist on a good team.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673690 is a reply to message #673689 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 21:36

Nuge is able to hold his own against top lines. He by far played the hardest minutes of any Oiler this season. Dumba was out against the 5th toughest comp among Minny D with sheltered zone starts and couldn't keep his head above water at even strength. There's really no way to tell what Dumba will be able to become in his career, but for now he's a 3rd pairing PP specialist on a good team.

If Nuge played for a cup team, he would be getting Taves'esque attention. He literally gets the toughest competition of anyone on the entire team, and with an anaemic defence, is not far off a positive corsi. Also, this team misses Boyd Gordon.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673697 is a reply to message #673690 ]
Wed, 29 June 2016 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Magnum wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 21:51

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 21:36

If Nuge played for a cup team, he would be getting Taves'esque attention. He literally gets the toughest competition of anyone on the entire team, and with an anaemic defence, is not far off a positive corsi. Also, this team misses Boyd Gordon.

John Tavares is who I had hoped Ryan Nugent-Hopkins would be. He has never given me any reason to suggest that he will be. IMO, it's just not a comparable for him. There is nothing to really point to in comparing those guys.

To me, I think the ceiling for Nugent-Hopkins is Patrice Bergeron. I see a lot of similarities between them. And that's a valuable player. I'm just not convinced it's an elite player or a player that isn't moveable for a defensemen at this point in time.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673609 is a reply to message #673603 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

spoonful wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 12:58

Makes sense though, all of the other wingers (save Pullujarvi) don't have much value.

Pouliot is only 2M less than Hall...

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673611 is a reply to message #673609 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

DUFFMAN wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 13:08

Great, but what's his trade value? I would imagine it's not very much.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673612 is a reply to message #673609 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

DUFFMAN wrote on Tue, 28 June 2016 13:08

I think this applies to the "you can't have X dollars tied up in left wingers" line being thrown around by Rishaug and others.

Taylor Hall is not a salary dump. He is your second most valuable player.

Sure, he might bring in a better return than RNH or Eberle (but Larsson, Hamonic, really?). But you don't move him because you have to clear space. That's ridiculous, especially this year when you aren't hard against the cap.

If the Oilers want to take advantage of the McDavid, Draisaitl, and Puljujarvi ELCs and not waste them, you don't move Hall right now.

I do believe there is a deal for RNH or Eberle out there. If not now, then after July. There's rumours St. Louis wants Eberle for Shattenkirk. If so, maybe there's something you build around that. But if you need to clear space, it's Pouliot you move, not Hall.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673608 is a reply to message #673600 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Fight

I'm higher than some on Larsson and think he's a little underrated around the league and could break out one of these years. That said, it's far too much.

Hopefully Stauffer isn't as connected as he was, like many of us believe to be the case.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673685 is a reply to message #670234 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

On Trouba, looks like Boston might try to screw the Jets and themselves over:

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/Source-Boston-Bruins-prep aring-offer-sheet-for-Winnipeg-Jets-D-man-Jacob-Trouba

I really hope this is true. Would love to see the Neely/Sweeney duo give up 4 1st rounders to give Trouba an insane overpay.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673691 is a reply to message #670234 ]
Tue, 28 June 2016 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

How about Hamhuis? He's still got some gas at 33, he'd come cheap, just don't sign long term.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673714 is a reply to message #673691 ]
Wed, 29 June 2016 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

If the threat of a Bruins offer sheet for Trouba is legit. If I am the Jets, are you not calling the Oilers and saying "give us Nuge for Trouba right now"? The Jets need a center. After Scheifele, the next guy is Little. Little is OK but if he's your next best center, I think you are in trouble. Yeah you get some draft picks but the Bruins are in the East, they are a mid tier team in the East and probably won't drop down that much over the next few years. So whatever picks you get for Trouba are probably mid rounders. The chances of a mid round first out playing Nuge are pretty slim.

I'd sure as hell rather trade Trouba for a 22 yr old, already legit very good second line center over a bunch of ifs and maybes. You have to think the Jones contract just set the market for Trouba

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673715 is a reply to message #673714 ]
Wed, 29 June 2016 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 29 June 2016 10:03

If the threat of a Bruins offer sheet for Trouba is legit. If I am the Jets, are you not calling the Oilers and saying "give us Nuge for Trouba right now"? The Jets need a center. After Scheifele, the next guy is Little. Little is OK but if he's your next best center, I think you are in trouble. Yeah you get some draft picks but the Bruins are in the East, they are a mid tier team in the East and probably won't drop down that much over the next few years. So whatever picks you get for Trouba are probably mid rounders. The chances of a mid round first out playing Nuge are pretty slim.

I'd sure as hell rather trade Trouba for a 22 yr old, already legit very good second line center over a bunch of ifs and maybes. You have to think the Jones contract just set the market for Trouba

I read somewhere that the offer sheet could be in the realm of 9.3m per season, which would be four first round picks.
I like Trouba, but there's no way in hell he's worth that much.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673717 is a reply to message #673715 ]
Wed, 29 June 2016 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 29 June 2016 10:12

I read somewhere that the offer sheet could be in the realm of 9.3m per season, which would be four first round picks.

That can't be right. Even Boston isn't that stupid. It is literally double what every other team will be offering and completely is an outlier in the market. And that's not even considering the picks compensated.

Trouba is a fine piece, but that cap hit would make him the second highest paid defenseman, behind only PK Subban, and ahead of Weber, Doughty, Byfuglien, Suter, Letang, Chara, Seabrook, Keith, Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Pietrangelo, Burns, Faulk, and every other defenseman in the league.

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673719 is a reply to message #673717 ]
Wed, 29 June 2016 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Wed, 29 June 2016 10:23

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 29 June 2016 10:12

That can't be right. Even Boston isn't that stupid. It is literally double what every other team will be offering and completely is an outlier in the market. And that's not even considering the picks compensated.

Trouba is a fine piece, but that cap hit would make him the second highest paid defenseman, behind only PK Subban, and ahead of Weber, Doughty, Byfuglien, Suter, Letang, Chara, Seabrook, Keith, Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Pietrangelo, Burns, Faulk, and every other defenseman in the league.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-bruins/2016/06/29/bruin s-reportedly-preparing-offer-sheet-jacob-trouba

According to this Boston reporter, citing sources within the team, they're going to pay Trouba more than Crosby...

Great take from Yahoo:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/if-bruins-give-jacob-trouba-hug e-offer-sheet-should-jets-match-142500428.html

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Target Defencemen [message #673721 is a reply to message #673719 ]
Wed, 29 June 2016 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Here's where I read that $9.3m: http://spectorshockey.net/nhl-rumor-mill-june-29-2016/

Quote:

Joe Haggerty reports a hockey source claims Boston Bruins GM Don Sweeney is preparing an offer sheet for Winnipeg Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba. The offer would reportedly total a minimum of $47 million, with the aim of signing Trouba to a deal that the Jets can’t afford to match. “Because they sent their 2017 third round pick to the Flyers for Zac Rinaldo and their 2017 second round pick to New Jersey for Lee Stempniak, the Bruins must put together an offer sheet with an average annual value (AAV) of at least $9.3 million that will require Boston to give up four consecutive first round picks as compensation.”

Insanity

Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Premature Speculation - New Forum?
Next Topic:Which Trade was Worse?!
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca