This day on August 10
Acquired: Craig Redmond (1988)
Departed: John Miner (1988) David Haas (1993)

Happy Birthday To: Sam Gagner, oilrfine, LongFellow, TheTooSilentGhost, touchstone, Sour Grape, Becky314, the Green Man, SpaceMoose, dkb19, ruogu1234, GMc99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517249]
Tue, 02 March 2010 03:29 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

3 Cups

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Nashville to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2009-10 Regular Season
Monday, October 12, 2009Edmonton 6 @ Nashville 1Win
Thursday, December 17, 2009Nashville 6 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Tuesday, January 12, 2010Nashville 5 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Tuesday, March 2, 2010Edmonton 3 @ Nashville 4Loss
Home Record: 0-2-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 1-3-0
Home / Road Goals For: 6/9 Total: 15
Home / Road Goals Against: 11/5 Total: 16

2008-09 Regular Season
Thursday, October 30, 2008Edmonton 1 @ Nashville 3Loss
Sunday, December 28, 2008Nashville 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Sunday, February 1, 2009Nashville 2 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Tuesday, March 3, 2009Edmonton 5 @ Nashville 6 (OT)Loss
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 0-1-1       Overall Record: 1-2-1
Home / Road Goals For: 6/6 Total: 12
Home / Road Goals Against: 4/9 Total: 13

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517250 is a reply to message #517249 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm is currently online nullterm

5 Cups

Who cares about picking the score. The real bet is which Grebeshkov shows up for his Pred debut. Longer term which one he'll be too and if Tambo moved the right guy out of 37 and 77. This is the first time I can remember a traded player make his start against his old teammates.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517251 is a reply to message #517250 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George  is currently offline George

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 04:14

Who cares about picking the score. The real bet is which Grebeshkov shows up for his Pred debut. Longer term which one he'll be too and if Tambo moved the right guy out of 37 and 77. This is the first time I can remember a traded player make his start against his old teammates.

I think Doug Weight played his first game for the Oilers against his old Rangers teammates. Can't think of any other examples, though.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517259 is a reply to message #517251 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

George wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 04:55

nullterm wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 04:14

I think Doug Weight played his first game for the Oilers against his old Rangers teammates. Can't think of any other examples, though.

Yep, Tikkanen and Weight just switched dressing rooms.

Brad Werenka was traded to the Nords while the Oilers were in Quebec...but I can't remember if it was before or after the game, just that Sather was asked about trade rumours around him and said "The kid has a great future in this town." No one noticed at the time that he said it while he was in Quebec until later...

It occurs to me there's been a couple of others too...makes sense...sometimes it's easier to make deals face to face.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517267 is a reply to message #517249 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

1 Cup

For the first time in a while, you can actually cheer for an Oiler win with a clear eye to the future--an Oiler win will hurt Nashville's playoff chances and perhaps improve our 2nd rounder slightly. The risk of the Oilers moving up the standings seems minimal.

I'm grasping, but it's been a really tough year.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517271 is a reply to message #517267 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilerPunch  is currently offline OilerPunch

No Cups

It's going to be quite a drop off to watch Oiler hockey after watching the Olympics. Oh well Go Oilers Go! On a side note wouldn't it be interesting if the son of Kent was traded today (look at who was acquired today in 87).

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517275 is a reply to message #517249 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

Well back to our brand of hockey. I'm sorry guys, I'm spoiled after seeing the level of hockey from the Olympics. That was hockey in its purest form, up and down, rush after rush - chance after chance. Now I sit down to oilers hockey.. ugh..

Edmonton continues right where they left off.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517281 is a reply to message #517275 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cableguy  is currently offline cableguy

No Cups

Since Edmonton hasn't lost in nearly 3 weeks I say the're due icon_wink . Nashville takes this but we score on at least 1 bad play by Grebs.

Still jaded but we've got McDavid

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517286 is a reply to message #517281 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

I don't mind a Nashville win tonight - it'll mean that much more ground for the Flames to make up. It would put them 4 points clear of Calgary. I think now that Detroit is finally healthy and Lidstrom has picked up his play they will go on a bit of a run to finish the year.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517323 is a reply to message #517286 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cableguy  is currently offline cableguy

No Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 10:42

I don't mind a Nashville win tonight - it'll mean that much more ground for the Flames to make up. It would put them 4 points clear of Calgary. I think now that Detroit is finally healthy and Lidstrom has picked up his play they will go on a bit of a run to finish the year.

No more Mikey? I agree with Detroit, Franzen will also be better since the Olympics were good for him to get his legs back. I have 20 bucks on Calgary to miss the playoffs, there are too many teams in the mix I think are better than they are.

Still jaded but we've got McDavid

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517325 is a reply to message #517323 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

cableguy wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 12:13

No more Mikey? I agree with Detroit, Franzen will also be better since the Olympics were good for him to get his legs back. I have 20 bucks on Calgary to miss the playoffs, there are too many teams in the mix I think are better than they are.

It takes a little bit of the sting off a last place finish to see Calgary flame out as well...if Vancouver craters in the first round, it'll be about perfect.

He'll always still be Mikey to me!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517327 is a reply to message #517325 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 15:15

It takes a little bit of the sting off a last place finish to see Calgary flame out as well...if Vancouver craters in the first round, it'll be about perfect.

Would be great to see the Leafs AND Flames miss the playoffs with no 1st rounder to soften the blow!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517330 is a reply to message #517327 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 12:17

Adam wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 15:15

Would be great to see the Leafs AND Flames miss the playoffs with no 1st rounder to soften the blow!

Dare to dream...

Ahhh...it's nice to share the misery around, and their could be lots of it this Spring...Montreal could miss out as well...then there'd only be two Canadian teams to see crumble in the first round. Puts a smile on my face to think of the whole country mourning their teams and us able to at least think happy thoughts with a top-two pick in hand.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517332 is a reply to message #517330 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 15:23

and us able to at least think happy thoughts with a top-two pick in hand.

Nice to see you onboard. I never officially welcomed you, so: Welcome! Peaceful here isnt' it? :)

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517335 is a reply to message #517332 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 12:25

Adam wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 15:23

and us able to at least think happy thoughts with a top-two pick in hand.

Nice to see you onboard. I never officially welcomed you, so: Welcome! Peaceful here isnt' it? :)

Yeah...although I was always on board with getting a good pick...I just didn't want to do it on purpose. It's been a nice second half of the season though...once you accept that it's a write-off, it's easy to take the losses. It's still fun to see the wins, but the losses don't hurt as much.

I don't know though...I'm still a little worried that the team will bottle lightning and go on a solid run through March...they're all rested...they've had time to heal the minor bumps and bruises, and they've got really no pressure on them the rest of the way...throw in that you've got a bunch of guys fighting for jobs next year (including possibly a cameo from Jordan Eberle) and it's a recipe for disaster...

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62) [message #517338 is a reply to message #517335 ]
Tue, 02 March 2010 12:37 Go to previous message

4 Cups

Well the Canes are now 11 points clear, and I'm hoping the Leafs go on a bit of a run since they have nothing to lose. After the Canes and Leafs there's 14 points between us and the Isles and Panthers, so right now, the "worst" I could see from us would be 29th if we go on a bit of a run, but I'm feeling pretty good about our chances at 30th.

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62)
Next Topic:Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca