Oilers » Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Madcap Hockey [message #500048 is a reply to message #500046 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 10:48

....they salvaged the 2 points.

Kid Line ain't working at the NHL level.

Looking forward to having Pisani in for Moreau or Nilsson.

Horcoff Mr. Magoo's his way into a couple points, but hey - we'll take what we can get at this point. His game last night was better than what he's shown.

Laddy Smid - fantastic season. He's really turned a corner.

Brule looks like a bonafide NHL player, which is terrific - still love that Brule-Torres trade.

Mr. Magoo's his way? Geez...you really can't say anything positive about him, eh?

Point #1, he manages to get off a wicked one-timer and Penner pops in the rebound. Point #2, he shoots on net, Penner scoops the rebound to Hemsky for the PPG. Point #3, he works his bag off in front of the net to stuff home a rebound. Ugly goal, but that's the way you score in the NHL.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Madcap Hockey [message #500052 is a reply to message #500048 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goffer48  is currently offline goffer48

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 11:06

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 10:48

....they salvaged the 2 points.

Kid Line ain't working at the NHL level.

Looking forward to having Pisani in for Moreau or Nilsson.

Horcoff Mr. Magoo's his way into a couple points, but hey - we'll take what we can get at this point. His game last night was better than what he's shown.

Laddy Smid - fantastic season. He's really turned a corner.

Brule looks like a bonafide NHL player, which is terrific - still love that Brule-Torres trade.

Mr. Magoo's his way? Geez...you really can't say anything positive about him, eh?

Point #1, he manages to get off a wicked one-timer and Penner pops in the rebound. Point #2, he shoots on net, Penner scoops the rebound to Hemsky for the PPG. Point #3, he works his bag off in front of the net to stuff home a rebound. Ugly goal, but that's the way you score in the NHL.

There is no pleasing a chronic pessimist.

-Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
-Don't mess with old folks, they didn't get old by being stupid.

Oh, I Was Much Happier.... [message #500070 is a reply to message #500052 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTR17  is currently offline BTR17

No Cups

...with his performance last night. Said so in my post! Much happier with his play last night.

Can't give Horcoff Hall of Fame accolades because he punched a puck in the goal in a 6-player scrum, though, and finally fired a decent shot on goal.

Pessimist?

Why?

Because I think the team's highest paid forward should produce according to his contract and place on the team? Because I think -7 and 2 points wasn't good enough? Because I see the play die on 10's blade constantly, as everyone else does?

Gee, they say the 10 thing is a cult. After all these years, I'm starting to believe it.

"The Oilers are playing like they'd rather die than lose."

Mike Emerick, on-air, after the Game 3 win over Anaheim in the 2006 Western Conference Final.

Re: Oh, I Was Much Happier.... [message #500072 is a reply to message #500070 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:02

Gee, they say the 10 thing is a cult. After all these years, I'm starting to believe it.

Certainly. I mean a night when Horcoff manages to notch 3 points, the cult is still tongue-in-cheek refusing to acknowledge it.

"Horcoff Mr. Magoo's his way into a couple points"

At least none of the cult has yet attempted to take one of his assists away with the premise of being one of those silly second assists. I think that one is reserved for the 77 cult, not sure.

Horcoff could score a point a game from here on in and I'm betting said cult as you call it would still find room for complaints.

Acknowledgement? [message #500074 is a reply to message #500072 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...what would you have me do?

Start posting 'Horcoff's a 75+ point C's who eats up opposing C's'?

I kid, but c'mon. Check the temperature.

No playoffs for 3 years with that devastatingly effective player at the helm of our PP and first line.

He's had one season where he had 53 or more points. One.

I can't even compliment the player without Horcoff fans reinforcing how wonderful his performance was in a game in which the Oilers nearly blew a 5-1 lead.

Mike Emerick, on-air, after the Game 3 win over Anaheim in the 2006 Western Conference Final.

Re: Acknowledgement? [message #500079 is a reply to message #500074 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:16

I can't even compliment the player without Horcoff fans reinforcing how wonderful his performance was in a game in which the Oilers nearly blew a 5-1 lead.

I've interpreted the Mr. Magoo reference in that Horcoff fluked his way to 3 points, ala a blind man. A kin to "every once in awhile even the blind squirrel finds a nut."

I suppose I will need a dictionary definition for the word compliment, because I clearly missed the memo when it was decided the meaning of the word should become its antonym!

They Nearly Gassed A 5-1 Lead.... [message #500087 is a reply to message #500079 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...I don't think there should be much love for any of the performances, let alone 10's.

Okay, now I'm awfully curious. I've definitely got that Curious George thing right now. Lifting up hats, stealing keys, opening doors:

What has Horcoff done this season to impress you, prior to his 3 point game last night (in which he, like the rest of the team, failed to show up for the 3rd)?

Re: They Nearly Gassed A 5-1 Lead.... [message #500094 is a reply to message #500087 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:31

...I don't think there should be much love for any of the performances, let alone 10's.

Okay, now I'm awfully curious. I've definitely got that Curious George thing right now. Lifting up hats, stealing keys, opening doors:

What has Horcoff done this season to impress you, prior to his 3 point game last night (in which he, like the rest of the team, failed to show up for the 3rd)?

Oh, I have no problem admitting that there's not exactly a glowing list of positives to dig out of Horcoff's game right now.

A lot of this is about perspective to me.

A player starts the season with no points in 10 games -- panic button.

A player goes 10 games with no points in December -- few even notice.

There's no doubt about it, Horcoff is in the spotlight big time right now. I'm allowing the season to continue and quite simply I'm storing my pom-poms for every player on this team, including Penner, until at least January. Horcoff's in a slump right now -- every player in the NHL goes through them. I hope everyone doesn't turn on Penner when he hits his slump.

MacT mentioned that last night, too... [message #500096 is a reply to message #500094 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

did he use that with Horcoff?

I forget.

Re: They Nearly Gassed A 5-1 Lead.... [message #500100 is a reply to message #500087 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:31

I don't think anyone is going to tell you that Horcoff hasn't struggled somewhat this season. Until last night, he wasn't generating a lot on offence, although he was fourth on the team in shots, so he was still getting his chances. But despite that, he's still a guy that''s pretty reliable defensively night after night, still a guy who the coaches clearly love and keep trotting out over and over again. Quinn isn't doing that because he's charitable to Horcoff...he's doing that because he sees a reliable player he can trust to do the right things out there. And because he's the one guy on the team that's better than 50% to win a draw (although Brule did really well at that last night too).

I've said it before, but in my eyes, Horcoff is ideally a Rod Brind'Amour player. He's going to do a lot of heavy lifting for the team, take the tough matchups and hopefully with his line outscore the opposition more often than not. I prefer more line matching than Quinn currently is doing, because I think that Gagner's line benefits greatly if Horcoff is going head to head with the best players on the other team.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Agree re: line matching [message #500102 is a reply to message #500100 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

....I think Quinn needs to be more aggressive re: line matching on home ice.

The third period felt like the minor hockey revolving door - 'go get 'em guys!'.

You and I agree on what Shawn Horcoff, in an ideal world, should look like.

Re: Agree re: line matching [message #500104 is a reply to message #500102 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

1 Cup

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:51

The third period felt like the minor hockey revolving door - 'go get 'em guys!'.

Agreed. This has been one area that Quinn has not impressed me. I understand the whole trying to get the other team to react to my moves and not the other way around approach he is using but that only works if most of your players are better then most of the other teams players and last night it was painfully clear who was getting the beneficial match ups because of it.

On home ice you need to get the most favorable match up everytime against good teams or you will be exposed. Just look how bad The Kid line and Peckham and Chorney were exposed due to bad match ups. You can get away with that against teams like Minnesota and Toronto but trying it against the Detroits of the league is a recipe for disaster.

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Re: Agree re: line matching [message #500105 is a reply to message #500104 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 15:21

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:51

Agreed. This has been one area that Quinn has not impressed me. I understand the whole trying to get the other team to react to my moves and not the other way around approach he is using but that only works if most of your players are better then most of the other teams players and last night it was painfully clear who was getting the beneficial match ups because of it.

On home ice you need to get the most favorable match up everytime against good teams or you will be exposed. Just look how bad The Kid line and Peckham and Chorney were exposed due to bad match ups. You can get away with that against teams like Minnesota and Toronto but trying it against the Detroits of the league is a recipe for disaster.

Well, and the worst thing is, when you're not line matching, it makes it really easy for the other team's coach to line match against you and get all his favourable matchups. The Kid line pretty much only saw the Datsyuk/Zetterberg combo or they were getting pasted all over the boards by Helm's line. With Quinn having last change, he had the ability to keep Horcoff's line against the big guns and Jacques and Brule out against the bangers. I would have thought that would be the ideal set-up, especially since the top line was doing really well, even against Zetterberg and Datsyuk last night...they were the one line that didn't really collapse as the game wore on.

It's interesting to note that line matching is specifically mentioned as responsible for Canada's win over Russia in the 1987 Canada Cup. Tikhonov didn't believe in it, Keenan used that to his advantage. Messier faced Larionov and shut him down, and then Gretzky and Lemieux would take advantage of the weaker Russian lines. You kind of worry if Quinn doesn't do it at all, that we're skating in to that same trap.

Devil's advocate? [message #500127 is a reply to message #500105 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

May I?

Is this part of Quinn's "madness" an effort to educate himself on his players?

Also, what about givin' the players another chance to perform up to expectations? Look how long he stuck with the Gilbert/#37 duo? Cog's line out there late last night? Horcoff back on the top unit? Stortini on the PP? Quinn teaches/prepares/motivates... leaves it to the players to execute.

You have a choice... [message #500129 is a reply to message #500102 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

who do you delegate the responsibility of goin' out against the opposition's top line?

Y'know, the Thornton's, Iginla's and Getzlaf's of the superior WC?

Gagner at centre or core member/ Heartland of Hockey icon Horcoff?

I know full well who I pick. Most other pundits would agree.

Re: Acknowledgement? [message #500090 is a reply to message #500079 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

MJ wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:24

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:16

I've interpreted the Mr. Magoo reference in that Horcoff fluked his way to 3 points, ala a blind man. A kin to "every once in awhile even the blind squirrel finds a nut."

I suppose I will need a dictionary definition for the word compliment, because I clearly missed the memo when it was decided the meaning of the word should become its antonym!

Damn, I was going to post that about Horcoff, you beat me to it. icon_biggrin

I Know Nicknames Are... [message #500097 is a reply to message #500090 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...the not exactly the bee's knee's around here. Frowned on for good, recognizable, understandable reasons. I've had to retire a few, without protest. A couple gems over the years.

But I'm quite fond of calling him 'Quincy Magoo' these days amongst friends and hockey-followers.

I Know Nothing Of The... [message #500078 is a reply to message #500072 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...77 cult :)

Tom Gilbert you say?

Re: I Know Nothing Of The... [message #500082 is a reply to message #500078 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:23

...77 cult :)

Tom Gilbert you say?

I think Robin Brownlee over at OilersNation is a founding member of that particular club. Him and Dennis (former poster here) have been at it pretty good in the comments section the past couple weeks.

Albeit, I don't think I've ever seen Brownlee go after the second assist premise. I credit oobga starting that one up back when Doug Weight was an Oiler.

Haha! Oobga! Where Are You? [message #500093 is a reply to message #500082 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...did you start a Dougie Weight Cult back in the day?

What was the premise? Do tell. Inform!

SOB, sisters of Brewer... [message #500095 is a reply to message #500093 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

CABC, Schremp's wayward apologists.

I seem to recall callin' Poti's detractor's the MOB.

I don't ever recall a cult thing, formally or informally.

The Poti Thing.... [message #500098 is a reply to message #500095 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

....was indeed ugly.

While I wish the same would happen to dear 10, wherein the fan base and every form of media unites together to auto-trade a player out of town, I won't be so lucky.

I remember Terry's Poti columns vividly. Scathing. Absolutely cutting.

MJ? [message #500083 is a reply to message #500072 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I think, please correct me if I'm wrong, that the cult that BTR refers to is a group who rationailze core member Horcoff's contributions. Go to bat for 'im and his remarkable value to the team's success.

Not To Mention.... [message #500091 is a reply to message #500083 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...the incredible effect 10 has on team standings.

I get light-headed seeing EDM at the top of the standings year after year. Such Great Heights :)

[Updated on: Fri, 30 October 2009 15:27]

Re: MJ? [message #500092 is a reply to message #500083 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

AY wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:28

I think, please correct me if I'm wrong, that the cult that BTR refers to is a group who rationailze core member Horcoff's contributions. Go to bat for 'im and his remarkable value to the team's success.

I know, I know. I picked up the ball and ran in the other direction. I attempted to be witty today damn it!! icon_cool

I See... [message #500071 is a reply to message #500052 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...you came onboard in March 2006.

Ahh, that explains it all.

You're still gushing over the 2006 run to the Finals, where yes, 100000% Horcoff was a terrific player for 2 months.

I get it now :)

You've got to let go, though. Longing for the 06 run doesn't help paint the 2009-2010 picture.

Is that you KLowe? :)

Re: Madcap Hockey [message #500049 is a reply to message #500046 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

As for Pisani, unless someone gets healthy by Saturday, it's MacIntyre that he replaces. I'm still not sure why he didn't play last night. Even if his conditioning is way off, I'm sure he could have handled more than the two shifts Quinn gave to MacIntyre. I'm thinking that his career here has almost run its course.

Re: Madcap Hockey [message #500051 is a reply to message #500049 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 11:08

As for Pisani, unless someone gets healthy by Saturday, it's MacIntyre that he replaces. I'm still not sure why he didn't play last night. Even if his conditioning is way off, I'm sure he could have handled more than the two shifts Quinn gave to MacIntyre. I'm thinking that his career here has almost run its course.

I have to agree with that. He is likeable for sure, but his usefulness seems diminished, and quite frankly I don't think he is that great a fighter.

IMO he is currently just taking a much needed roster spot.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Madcap Hockey [message #500053 is a reply to message #500051 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oilerinvan wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 11:22

I have to agree with that. He is likeable for sure, but his usefulness seems diminished, and quite frankly I don't think he is that great a fighter.

I think this bout of flu has really exposed that as an issue. Having the ability to bing up a guy like Ryan Potulny or Chris Minard to take that fourth line role and play ten minutes a night would have been much better than throwing in MacIntyre, because with so many people playing sick, if #33's in the lineup, you're also asking them all to play extra to cover his minutes.

On an unrelated note, has it seemed to anyone that the media's been a little...aggressive with their questions to Oilers players this year? The repeated 'fat' questions to Penner, the Hilary Duff and fan hatred questions to Comrie, and then last night they asked Penner about Horcoff being a 'negative cloud' for their line...Penner sounded pissed off that they'd ask him that.

Re: Madcap Hockey [message #500054 is a reply to message #500053 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 11:35

oilerinvan wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 11:22

I think this bout of flu has really exposed that as an issue. Having the ability to bing up a guy like Ryan Potulny or Chris Minard to take that fourth line role and play ten minutes a night would have been much better than throwing in MacIntyre, because with so many people playing sick, if #33's in the lineup, you're also asking them all to play extra to cover his minutes.

On an unrelated note, has it seemed to anyone that the media's been a little...aggressive with their questions to Oilers players this year? The repeated 'fat' questions to Penner, the Hilary Duff and fan hatred questions to Comrie, and then last night they asked Penner about Horcoff being a 'negative cloud' for their line...Penner sounded pissed off that they'd ask him that.

I agree with this too. I can't remember which one it is, but one writer seems to always say something quite cold about O'Sullivan. Always in loose reference to his past. It is tasteless.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Negative Cloud...? [message #500080 is a reply to message #500053 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...no, Adam, that wasn't me asking the question :)

Which of the dailies posed that question?

Re: Negative Cloud...? [message #500088 is a reply to message #500080 ]

6 Cups

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:25

I couldn't tell you. I heard that on the radio. Could have been Rishaug, he usually asks the inane questions that get under people's skin. Definitely one of my least favourite beat reporters.

Re: Negative Cloud...? [message #500146 is a reply to message #500088 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 22:29 Go to previous message
MyBestGuess  is currently offline MyBestGuess

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:31

BTR17 wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:25

I couldn't tell you. I heard that on the radio. Could have been Rishaug, he usually asks the inane questions that get under people's skin. Definitely one of my least favourite beat reporters.

I believe it was actually Stauffer who asked someone whether Horcoff's presence on that line might be a negative influence on the others. Not sure if he called it a negative cloud or something along the lines of 'infecting' others with his lack of productivity, but what I heard to that effect on the radio, I'm almost sure was Stauffer. I think it was asked to Quinn in this instance.

Oilers Goal Horn
http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=6B5D44535654

Re: Madcap Hockey [message #500089 is a reply to message #500053 ]
goalpost  is currently offline goalpost

No Cups

It's funny that you mention that. Last night on Gregor's show with Brownlee a fan email accused the media of pussyfooting around the players and Quinn.
Brownlee made a couple of really good points.

Firstly, the media can ask the questions but cannot force a player to answer or provide a good answer [the player gives a "stock" answer or simply refuses to answer or respond to the question asked] and that often with editing whether it be print, radio or t.v. a good portion of an interview never makes it to air.

Secondly, if a reporter is too strong in his approach to a player they'll get shut out by the player and eventually out of the dressing room.

That being said -- Barnes wrote a feel good story about Penner today and the media has been fawning at him lately and Comrie had his time in the sun with the prodigal sun has returned media blitz.

It's a balancing act in working with the players / coaches and yet fairly criticizing them when warranted.
I was a fan of Cam Cole with his time at the Edmonton Journal -- nobody did it better.

Re: Madcap Hockey [message #500101 is a reply to message #500089 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

goalpost wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 14:31

It's funny that you mention that. Last night on Gregor's show with Brownlee a fan email accused the media of pussyfooting around the players and Quinn.
Brownlee made a couple of really good points.

Firstly, the media can ask the questions but cannot force a player to answer or provide a good answer [the player gives a "stock" answer or simply refuses to answer or respond to the question asked] and that often with editing whether it be print, radio or t.v. a good portion of an interview never makes it to air.

Secondly, if a reporter is too strong in his approach to a player they'll get shut out by the player and eventually out of the dressing room.

That being said -- Barnes wrote a feel good story about Penner today and the media has been fawning at him lately and Comrie had his time in the sun with the prodigal sun has returned media blitz.

It's a balancing act in working with the players / coaches and yet fairly criticizing them when warranted.
I was a fan of Cam Cole with his time at the Edmonton Journal -- nobody did it better.

I think there's definitely been a few over the line potshot questions, and that 'negative cloud' one was just the latest. Scott Oake has been horrible this year in his interviews with Oilers and it's created some awkward moments on live TV. This question was terrible too. There was just no way that Penner was ever going to throw Horcoff under the bus, and so all you're doing is pissing him off with a question like that.

Yeah, sure... [message #500059 is a reply to message #500046 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

core member Horcoff will never be known for his slickness, or whatever. Mr. Magoo's his way? Tad funny. Might use it meself!

Brule keeps MAP off the ice which makes the team better.

Smidly had that one play to effectively break up a three-on-one there last night... sliding in front of a potential centering pass. I coulda swore it was him who delievered a bold, up-the-middle pass to Brule too. First period, maybe? Three minutes left?

Peckham... [message #500073 is a reply to message #500059 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

...needs to ride the AHL bus. Can't emphasize my agreement there enough.

Also can't contain my enthusiasm for the Brule > MAP commentary. Ideally, MAP never suits up in an Oiler sweater again. Wasted minutes, those.

Always felt Laddy deserved more love around here. Unfortunately, he was a victim of the MacT Treatment, and probably didn't play enough the last two years. He's showing now why he was the Heatley piece I most dreaded losing.

Horcoff's Mr. Magoo act showed well last night. From where I stand, that trumps his beer league start. Best game he's played to date.

People don't get it - I, as much as anyone, would love to see Shawn Horcoff score 215 points and lead the team to a 16-2 playoff record en route to # 6.

I just don't get the square peg, round hole nature of this player's MacT tenure in EDM, nor the condition critical that overtook Kevin Lowe during contract negotiations.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #500064 is a reply to message #499935 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nickxero  is currently offline nickxero

No Cups

What's with Peckham?

Last year he was solid, never took too many chances but never made many bad decisions either.

He screwed up his ankle in camp... does he have nerves because of the injury/not expecting to be called so early in the year?

"Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable." -Conn Smythe

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13) [message #500067 is a reply to message #500064 ]
Fri, 30 October 2009 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

1 Cup

nickxero wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 13:21

What's with Peckham?

Last year he was solid, never took too many chances but never made many bad decisions either.

He screwed up his ankle in camp... does he have nerves because of the injury/not expecting to be called so early in the year?

They guy missed most of camp. He is behind almost everybody in that regard. It will take some time to get up to speed. Hell some players never rebound all season after missing camp. Just look at O Sullivan last year.

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #14)
Next Topic:Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #13)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca