Oilers » MAP Out With Hernia Surgery
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497484]
Tue, 13 October 2009 13:31 Go to next message
Treads  is currently offline Treads

No Cups

The ubiquetous groin pull..

8-10 weeks.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Hernia+surgery+sidelines +Oilers+Pouliot/2097265/story.html

Faster than Pronger's retreat
More powerful than David Frost's Ego,
Able to leap small d-men in a single bound...

Send a private message to this user  

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497488 is a reply to message #497484 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
North East J  is currently offline North East J

No Cups

Ouch.......

Its funny - I was watching the game last night thinking to myself - who are MAP and/or Pisani going to replace when/if they get healthy?

I guess the answer will come a while later than I thought!

What's that weird, warm, feeling in my belly?

Why, it's optimism for the upcoming hockey season!

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497489 is a reply to message #497488 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

I'm hoping that Quinn doesn't mess with the team dynamics...

If we're rocking along when those two come back, they might as well sit. Nothing should be guaranteed with this squad.

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497493 is a reply to message #497489 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
North East J  is currently offline North East J

No Cups

Only if we are under the cap - otherwise, we might have to move/send down someone.....

What's that weird, warm, feeling in my belly?

Why, it's optimism for the upcoming hockey season!

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497494 is a reply to message #497493 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

AY wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 21:13

Brule continues to help us forget MAP and his vapid worthlessness.

Taken from the post game thread last night. I feel like it's relevant.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497498 is a reply to message #497494 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shooter  is currently offline Shooter

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 15:29

AY wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 21:13

Brule continues to help us forget MAP and his vapid worthlessness.

Taken from the post game thread last night. I feel like it's relevant.

You know youre having a good day when you can mix in the word 'vapid' into one of your posts on the internets. rock

Here's a free lesson......

Well thank-you, Shoots... [message #497540 is a reply to message #497498 ]
Wed, 14 October 2009 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

Like Quinn said in his interview with Uncle Bobby, I too believe in the power of words.

I'm not really big on those YKOil-like sixteen long paragraph contributions.

If I'm successsful at crunchin' something in a sentence or less?

Good. Folks attention spans these days are only so long, y'know? ; )

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497506 is a reply to message #497484 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Treads wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 13:31

8-10 weeks.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Hernia+surgery+sidelines +Oilers+Pouliot/2097265/story.html

No big deal. Either he's not visible on the active roster or not visible in an Oilers' jersey. No difference either way.

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497512 is a reply to message #497484 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

Treads wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 13:31

8-10 weeks.

Best news I heard all day.

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497514 is a reply to message #497512 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilermeister  is currently offline Oilermeister

No Cups

clapping

Bad news for him...hope he gets well fast!! But great news for the team and Oilers fans.

Why is a bra better than the Calgary Flames??

Cause even a bra has two cups!

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497519 is a reply to message #497484 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Say what ya will bout the on ice, but it's a bit harsh to be glad he's going under the knife.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497525 is a reply to message #497519 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nickxero  is currently offline nickxero

No Cups

I don't wish MAP specific harm or pain, but whatever gets him out of the lineup, you know? I'm not happy he's injured... but I'm not unhappy. icon_wink

"Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable." -Conn Smythe

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497594 is a reply to message #497525 ]
Wed, 14 October 2009 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MoogintheHOF  is currently offline MoogintheHOF

No Cups

I actually thought MAP was decent last year and this year could have been his break out year (ala Brule so far). But we appear to have a ton of depth now and there aren't too many passengers from what I can see (maybe 10 and 83?). So I don't even know who he would take out. Can he still be sent down? Might not hurt to put him on waivers if not...

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497611 is a reply to message #497594 ]
Wed, 14 October 2009 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

MoogintheHOF wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 13:23

I actually thought MAP was decent last year and this year could have been his break out year (ala Brule so far). But we appear to have a ton of depth now and there aren't too many passengers from what I can see (maybe 10 and 83?). So I don't even know who he would take out. Can he still be sent down? Might not hurt to put him on waivers if not...

Certainly, the media guys seem to be suggesting that it would be Nilsson or MacIntyre out of a job before Marc Pouliot. I'm not sure I see a need for a guy like MacIntyre any more, to be honest. He doesn't bring a lot since he's really not a very good hockey player. It's fun to have a big fighter, but if we have him so he can play 4 minutes a night in 15 games, is that worth taking up a roster spot for?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497615 is a reply to message #497611 ]
Wed, 14 October 2009 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 15:49

Certainly, the media guys seem to be suggesting that it would be Nilsson or MacIntyre out of a job before Marc Pouliot. I'm not sure I see a need for a guy like MacIntyre any more, to be honest. He doesn't bring a lot since he's really not a very good hockey player. It's fun to have a big fighter, but if we have him so he can play 4 minutes a night in 15 games, is that worth taking up a roster spot for?

You've still got to have a a guy like McIntyre in the wings, that's the reality, IMO. I just think there's games where you have to dress a guy like that. No, he's not going to play 8-10 minutes, but there are potential games (most notably against Calgary and Minnesota) where McIntyre will play, depending on the status of guys like Boogard and McGrattan.

I could see Nilsson departing with Pouliot's return, though. Flip a coin between the 2.

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497715 is a reply to message #497615 ]
Thu, 15 October 2009 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 17:03

You've still got to have a a guy like McIntyre in the wings, that's the reality, IMO. I just think there's games where you have to dress a guy like that. No, he's not going to play 8-10 minutes, but there are potential games (most notably against Calgary and Minnesota) where McIntyre will play, depending on the status of guys like Boogard and McGrattan.

I could see Nilsson departing with Pouliot's return, though. Flip a coin between the 2.

My thoughts on Boogaard, McGrattan and the like? You're better off not fighting them, and letting them play a full two or three shifts in the game. Get your best players out there, tell them to keep their heads up, but it'll be the easiest minutes they'll face all night long. Score a goal or two with the goons on the ice and they'll ride the pine the rest of the game.

Why engage them? What's the point of two big guys having a six second shift where they drop the mitts and go and then get maybe one more shift later on in the game?

I like MacIntyre's story, I like his enthusiasm, and it's fun to see him fight...but I don't think it's something the team really needs to waste a roster spot on. How many heavyweight goons have the Red Wings had the last ten years? I can't recall them playing anyone who was a real liability on the ice, and the sad fact is, that's what MacIntyre is if he's not fighting.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: MAP Out With Hernia Surgery [message #497728 is a reply to message #497715 ]
Thu, 15 October 2009 09:26 Go to previous message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 15 October 2009 02:08

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 17:03

My thoughts on Boogaard, McGrattan and the like? You're better off not fighting them, and letting them play a full two or three shifts in the game. Get your best players out there, tell them to keep their heads up, but it'll be the easiest minutes they'll face all night long. Score a goal or two with the goons on the ice and they'll ride the pine the rest of the game.

Why engage them? What's the point of two big guys having a six second shift where they drop the mitts and go and then get maybe one more shift later on in the game?

I like MacIntyre's story, I like his enthusiasm, and it's fun to see him fight...but I don't think it's something the team really needs to waste a roster spot on. How many heavyweight goons have the Red Wings had the last ten years? I can't recall them playing anyone who was a real liability on the ice, and the sad fact is, that's what MacIntyre is if he's not fighting.

Good philosophy, but we know that the Oilers play "bigger" with the guy in the lineup, especially against teams with guys that take liberties.

If Edmonton had the talent, the power play, and the confidence & buy-in to the game plan that Detroit has, then yes, maybe that scenario could be duplicated here.....but the Oilers are a fragile team. The Oilers' best players being run by Neanderthals will still take them off their game. I think the team is moving in the right direction in terms of not being total "Nancy-Boys", but there's a long way to go.

I guess we'll see what transpires and how successful it is when Minnesota is here.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #7)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #6)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca