This day on August 14
Acquired: Kevin Brown (1998)
Departed: Michel Picard (2000)

Happy Birthday To: Trueblue26, Belleu

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451277]
Thu, 11 December 2008 01:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

3 Cups

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Florida to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2008-09 Regular Season
Thursday, December 11, 2008Florida 2 @ Edmonton 0Loss
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 0-0-0       Overall Record: 0-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/0 Total: 0
Home / Road Goals Against: 2/0 Total: 2

2007-08 Regular Season
Thursday, January 24, 2008Edmonton 4 @ Florida 3 (OT) (SO)Win
Home Record: 0-0-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/4 Total: 4
Home / Road Goals Against: 0/3 Total: 3

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451285 is a reply to message #451277 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
knits39  is currently offline knits39

No Cups

Looks as though Gagner might be back for the game.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Oilers/2008/12/11/7704846- sun.html

'Head coach Craig MacTavish had Gagner skating on the fourth line with Gilbert Brule and Liam Reddox, electing to leave what has been a pretty good second line (Rob Schremp, Andrew Cogliano and Marc Pouliot) intact.'

I think we would be looking at:
Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky
Schremp-Cogliano-Pouliot
Moreau-Brodziak-Cole
Reddux-Brule-Gagner

Have not heard who is playing net but I would assume Roloson after his performance on Saturday night. I would also assume Smid to be the odd man out on the point.

Go Oil!!!

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451289 is a reply to message #451277 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huynh  is currently offline huynh

No Cups

Anderson is playing great in goal for the Panthers and will probably get the start. He has the best save % in the league right now.

It's not going to be as easy as it looks on paper, but I think the Oilers will win tonight or else the fans will boo them off the ice again...

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451291 is a reply to message #451289 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marinermoose  is currently offline marinermoose

No Cups

Goaliepost.com says it's Anderson for the Panthers for sure, and likely Roloson for us.

http://goaliepost.com/

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451294 is a reply to message #451277 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LumberingD  is currently offline LumberingD

No Cups

Finally I get to go to a game, hope that upbaeat practice they had Wednesday spills over into the game!

“Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. - Henry Ford

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451298 is a reply to message #451294 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swany  is currently offline swany

No Cups

Hope we can go on a run, We have 3 games on both Van and Cal beeing only 7 points back of Van for first. If we can get it going at home we could climb up the NW latter pretty fast.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451299 is a reply to message #451298 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

1 Cup

Finally!! Seriously this schedualle borders on absurd. I havent actually looked at the next few days but Im guessing we play 3 games in a row here and then have another week off?

As was already posted we have 3 games in hand on Van and Cal. Obviously if we lose that means nothing but put together a few wins in a row here and we are right back in the hunt for the division.

Im predicting a confidence boosting offensive outburst tonight. 6-2 Oil, Hemsky with 3 pts. rock

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451357 is a reply to message #451299 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chiefbender  is currently offline chiefbender

No Cups

I am also predicting a big Oiler win tonight, 5-2. I hope they don't poop all over themselves in the first 15 minutes.

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."

- Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451305 is a reply to message #451277 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

4 Cups

The Oilers are going to feed their fans another turd sandwich. The combination of using both the long layoff and coming off the road excuses will be too much to resist.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451309 is a reply to message #451277 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Longcat  is currently offline Longcat

No Cups

They should try slipping Deslauriers through waivers. I wish they'd do something about this goaltending crap.

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 14:57

I'm just going to say it, this Longcat fellow is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451317 is a reply to message #451309 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ccousine  is currently offline ccousine

No Cups

And if they lose him??? Then going into next season we will have exactly...zero goalies. Nice thinking! crazy

"Travelling with Mario Lemieux was like travelling with the Rolling Stones."

Pierre McGuire

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451319 is a reply to message #451317 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Longcat  is currently offline Longcat

No Cups

ccousine wrote on Thu, 11 December 2008 12:46

And if they lose him??? Then going into next season we will have exactly...zero goalies. Nice thinking! crazy

doh

If you don't sign either of Garon or Roloson for next year this team has bigger problems then whether or not Deslauriers is on it.

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 14:57

I'm just going to say it, this Longcat fellow is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451369 is a reply to message #451319 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

Longcat wrote on Thu, 11 December 2008 11:01

doh

If you don't sign either of Garon or Roloson for next year this team has bigger problems then whether or not Deslauriers is on it.

Don't even try putting him on waivers. Not worth the risk IMO. We put so much time into this 1st rounder. It would be like putting somebody like Cory Schneider or Jonas Hiller on waivers. You just know he will get claimed.

Clean house or bust

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451376 is a reply to message #451369 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 18:57 Go to previous message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 11 December 2008 18:13

Longcat wrote on Thu, 11 December 2008 11:01

doh

Don't even try putting him on waivers. Not worth the risk IMO. We put so much time into this 1st rounder. It would be like putting somebody like Cory Schneider or Jonas Hiller on waivers. You just know he will get claimed.

Not to nit pick but he's a 2nd rounder.

Dubnyk is a 1st rounder though.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451323 is a reply to message #451317 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Medlen  is currently offline Medlen

No Cups

Garon is getting the start tonight according to the Oil website

http://oilers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=Previe w&seas=20082009&gtype=2&gnum=418

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451335 is a reply to message #451323 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JTC 13  is currently offline JTC 13

No Cups

This game should be a sure win. The Oilers are going up against a beat up Panthers squad. Nathon Horton and Cory Stillman are both questionable. Also just in is that Gagner will draw back in tonight and will play on the fourth line with Reddox and Brule.

Hey guys. If you feel the need to put a bag over your avatars head let me know. I got a plastic one for rent!

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451336 is a reply to message #451277 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

God damnit why can't Smid draw into the game... Is he suffering from some sort of undisclosed injury? What is with MacT, it's just ridiculous.

The kid is clearly better at this point already than either Struds or Staios. Playing better than Grebeshkov too.

I would've liked to see a Gilbert - Smid pairing at some point this season cuz I know that given the opportunity he [Ladi] would deliver the goods.

Pisses me off...

Big, strong, hungry kid on the blueline who can probably play at least 18 quality minutes a game. Skates like the wind, doesn't bring much offense but is great at moving the puck and doesn't shy away from any physical play whatsoever. Drafted 9th overall, was projected to be a 2-3 spot defenseman. It's time for developement stage to get full blown and bring this kid along for the ride already.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 December 2008 13:46]

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451346 is a reply to message #451336 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

1 Cup

My thoughts exactly. Im really not sure what Strudwick or Staios for that matter, brings that Smid doesnt. Not to mention the fact that Smid is very young and only going to improve.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451350 is a reply to message #451346 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darth Greene  is currently offline Darth Greene

No Cups

ales_freaking_hemsky wrote on Thu, 11 December 2008 15:34

My thoughts exactly. Im really not sure what Strudwick or Staios for that matter, brings that Smid doesnt. Not to mention the fact that Smid is very young and only going to improve.

Experience in all game situations. That said I agree with you, after all if he doesn't play he isn't going to get that exp. I also believe that Smid has a fair bit of untapped offensive potential. We haven't seen it much, but when he takes the puck and goes he shows that he has a few tools that haven't been utilized yet. Who knows, maybe Huddy is personally grooming this kid and is waiting to unleash the beast at the right time. Unlikely but who knows, he should play more for sure.

And with the 1st pick overall the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select from the Swedish highschool league: Lars Svendsson.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451366 is a reply to message #451350 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Darth Greene wrote on Thu, 11 December 2008 16:43

Experience in all game situations. That said I agree with you, after all if he doesn't play he isn't going to get that exp. I also believe that Smid has a fair bit of untapped offensive potential. We haven't seen it much, but when he takes the puck and goes he shows that he has a few tools that haven't been utilized yet. Who knows, maybe Huddy is personally grooming this kid and is waiting to unleash the beast at the right time. Unlikely but who knows, he should play more for sure.

A "Huddy personal grooming" just doesn't sound promising.

Turn Ladi into Scott Ferguson.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451365 is a reply to message #451346 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

In defense of Staios, (a first for me) he kills penaltys.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #451348 is a reply to message #451336 ]
Thu, 11 December 2008 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B.Oilers  is currently offline B.Oilers

No Cups

http://www.oilersnation.com/index2.php/2008/12/musical-goali es-tonight-its-garon/

Ladislav Smid will skate beside Steve Staios tonight in the third pairing.

Previous Topic:GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #27)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #26)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca