Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397954]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:15 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

3 Cups

/images/logos/ana_comp.gif/images/logos/edm_comp.gif
Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38)

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397959 is a reply to message #397954 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mclovin  is currently offline Mclovin

No Cups

One word: ARGH!!!!!!

Gunn wrote on Tue, 14 April 2009 15:07

McLovin: 1

Oilfans: 0

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397964 is a reply to message #397959 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oiler76  is currently offline Oiler76

No Cups

I dont post that much here, but I think the following should be said:

1. We are not the 2006-07 version of the Vancouver Canucks. If MacT wants to continuing playing defense first, we will be watching Brian Burke walk to the podium with our lottery pick in June.

2. We need to score more than two goals a game if we want a chance to win.

3. Players who have more than 10 games without scoring need to be showed the press box, regardless of their contract. Crazy that guys like Stoll, Sanderson, Stortini are playing a regular shift without scoring goals. I would much rather have Schremp up with the big club, at least he looks towards the net when he is playing

4. In hindsight, and I know it has been said before here, the worst thing that happened to this franchise was the 2006 SCF run. Basically we bought another decade of mediocrity for a Stanley Cup ride.

Not saying I am an expert or have all the answers, just my thoughts

" The Vancouver Canucks: Celebrating Second Round Losses for 50 years!"

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397968 is a reply to message #397964 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TJ39  is currently offline TJ39

1 Cup

Point #2, who is going to score these goals?

Lowe doesn't seem to think we need goalscorers, he's proved it over the years.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397969 is a reply to message #397964 ]
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oiler76 wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 21:39

I dont post that much here, but I think the following should be said:

1. We are not the 2006-07 version of the Vancouver Canucks. If MacT wants to continuing playing defense first, we will be watching Brian Burke walk to the podium with our lottery pick in June.

As a point of comparison the Canucks and Flames have managed to score 7 goals through 40 minutes tonight.

Also, I'd of given of given Keenan a blank cheque in a trade for Luongo.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Review: [message #397961 is a reply to message #397954 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JayStyles  is currently offline JayStyles

No Cups

Doug freakin Weight! Karma wasn't on our side tonight, neither was the iron!

Re: Review: [message #397962 is a reply to message #397954 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilertime  is currently offline Oilertime

No Cups

Wow we score one goal again and manage to lose? Good thing we have the no Hemsky excuse because no team has ever lost a key offensive player to injury before.

I'm sure Nilsson will get ripped and possibly rightfully so, but are we going to try to take every 1-1 game to OT???

https://twitter.com/Reggie__11

Re: Review: [message #397973 is a reply to message #397962 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerdynasty  is currently offline oilerdynasty

No Cups

Oilertime wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 21:36

Wow we score one goal again and manage to lose? Good thing we have the no Hemsky excuse because no team has ever lost a key offensive player to injury before.

I'm sure Nilsson will get ripped and possibly rightfully so, but are we going to try to take every 1-1 game to OT???

MacT's game plan has never been to win, it's been to keep it close and not to lose. He's looking for OT or the Shootout and not to win anything in regulation now. He's looking for a lucky break every game, good luck. The oilers have talent, but you'll never see it allowed to play here.

What's Lupul got now? 2 goals tonight, for 15 on the year and 32 points. Can't play that one out too much as we got Pitkanen for him but it shows you how a guy with talent and the ability to shoot can be successful in a system that allows for offense creativity and the player bing used properly.

Sykora? 11 goals and 20 points. He's way ahead of a pace to out do his success early in Edmonton last year before he got bannished to play with Peterson and a guy he didn't have chemistry with in Lupul.

Hey, Chimera... 5 goals and 14 points. Ahead of any kind of pace he was on in Edmonton.

Anyway, glad to hear that MacT thought that it was just the execution on a few key plays that did them in and not the pull the reigns in defense at the cost of offense bad line combinations coaching style.

---" what we need here is more, Staios (cowbell)"...

"Is your team any good?"

"No. In fact, we're so bad that we're disbanding." - Paul Newman as Reggie Dunlop in Slapshot

Re: Review: [message #397963 is a reply to message #397954 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Longcat  is currently offline Longcat

No Cups

I wish I was a fan of a good hockey team/organization.

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 14:57

I'm just going to say it, this Longcat fellow is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Re: Review: [message #397966 is a reply to message #397963 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oiler76  is currently offline Oiler76

No Cups

J.Money wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 20:37

I wish I was a fan of a good hockey team/organization.

I hear ya!

" The Vancouver Canucks: Celebrating Second Round Losses for 50 years!"

Re: Review: [message #397967 is a reply to message #397963 ]
OldGreyMonkey  is currently offline OldGreyMonkey

No Cups

J.Money wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 21:37

I wish I was a fan of an accountable hockey team/organization.

At some point, even the "homers" here have to wake up.

This is not the style, system, or coaching that wins games.

Happy to announce a permanent Oilfan vacation.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397965 is a reply to message #397954 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Doug Weight the Oiler killer this year.

Why we have been so bad-

Lowe trades Weight for a bag of pucks. The one player I didn't mind in the trade, a goalscorer, Hecht, Lowe trades away.

Lowe trades our pick to NJ and they get Parise, not us.

Lowe lets Marchant walk and gets nothing for him. I think he had quite the season that year.

Lowe makes another bad deal when he traded Pronger. He should have gotten alot more back. One of the players, Lupul, he does get, seems to be able to play for just about everybody but us.

Comrie, not one of my favorites, but what happened with him and off the top of my head I can't even remember the return.

Lowe got rid of Smyth.

Hecht, Parise, Lupul, Smyth and Comrie would have all looked good in an Oiler uniform about now. Heck even two of them would have made a difference.

The players that Lowe has dealt, with the returns he should have gotten, this team should have been fighting for the division title by now.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 December 2007 21:47]

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397974 is a reply to message #397965 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Well since everyone wants to remember yesteryear instead of talking about this game, I figure I'll try and bring this thread back on topic.

2 goal posts killed us.

Anahiem really took away our scoring chances.

Penner looked great.

Hemsky was sorely missed.

Gagner/Nilsson/Pisani needs to be reunited. Gagner had no chemistry with Horcoff and Penner. Maybe Cogliano on the wing would be a better fit?

Gagner was trying to do too much tonight and he had one of his worst games in recent memory. Easily pushed off of the puck and rushed passes into traffic. Needs to make the smart easy pass instead of going for the homerun everytime. He showed his inexperience and lack of physical maturity tonight.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 December 2007 21:57]

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #398001 is a reply to message #397974 ]
Fri, 28 December 2007 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

2 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 21:55

Well since everyone wants to remember yesteryear instead of talking about this game, I figure I'll try and bring this thread back on topic.

2 goal posts killed us.

Anahiem really took away our scoring chances.

Penner looked great.

Hemsky was sorely missed.

Gagner/Nilsson/Pisani needs to be reunited. Gagner had no chemistry with Horcoff and Penner. Maybe Cogliano on the wing would be a better fit?

Gagner was trying to do too much tonight and he had one of his worst games in recent memory. Easily pushed off of the puck and rushed passes into traffic. Needs to make the smart easy pass instead of going for the homerun everytime. He showed his inexperience and lack of physical maturity tonight.

I don't think it was the two goal posts that killed us as much as the six freaking shots in the first 37 minutes. Toss in the world's worst special teams of all time for any sport, and I think there is only two people in the rink that night surprised by the outcome.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #398002 is a reply to message #398001 ]
Fri, 28 December 2007 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Remember those threads a few weeks ago calling for optimism? Well, we're riding a 4 game losing streak, 14th in the conference, 6 points out of the playoffs and 8 behind our draft pick. The PP is still dead. We've scores 7 total goals in 5 games. My math says we need to go 13 games over .500 to get to 93 points and the playoffs. Oh, and we're getting close to healthy too.

Over / under on regulation wins fir the calendar year ending Feb 27, 2008? I've got it at 10.5

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #398017 is a reply to message #398002 ]
Fri, 28 December 2007 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beerfish Revisited  is currently offline Beerfish Revisited

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 28 December 2007 04:10

Remember those threads a few weeks ago calling for optimism? Well, we're riding a 4 game losing streak, 14th in the conference, 6 points out of the playoffs and 8 behind our draft pick. The PP is still dead. We've scores 7 total goals in 5 games. My math says we need to go 13 games over .500 to get to 93 points and the playoffs. Oh, and we're getting close to healthy too.

Over / under on regulation wins fir the calendar year ending Feb 27, 2008? I've got it at 10.5

I said at the time, this is the way it always is with the Oilers, they pull off just enough wins to keep the hounds at bay but never get on enough of a roll to actually accomplish anything siginificant. It's been this way for years.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 December 2007 12:14]

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #398020 is a reply to message #398017 ]
Fri, 28 December 2007 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

Beerfish Revisited wrote on Fri, 28 December 2007 11:24

I said at the time, this is the way it always is with the Oilers, they pull of just enough wins to keep the hounds at bay but never get on enough of a roll to actually accomplish anything siginificant. It's been this way for years.

Dwelling in mediocrity one might say?

Yep.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Let me refresh the memory TJ [message #397987 is a reply to message #397965 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilmanFan  is currently offline OilmanFan

No Cups

because I get angry every time I watch this guy play knowing he was pretty much all sealed and ready to put on that Oiler jersey.

It's none other then HBomb's best friend (hehe) and Ana Duck Mr. Perry.

The deal to trade Perry to the Oilers was done and Mike Comrie would have went the other way when Lowe pulls a 360 on GM Murray and Comrie and tells him that in order for him to go to ANA he would have to pay his own way.

Lowe thought he was a real big shot at that time over this fiasco, but the egg is now on his face while Perry is turning into a force in this league and will likely lead Ana for years to come.

If Seguin gets 51 pts:

G2K= $100
V4ance=$100

Nail Yakupov

Re: Let me refresh the memory TJ [message #397989 is a reply to message #397987 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HBomb  is currently offline HBomb

1 Cup

OilmanFan wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:33

because I get angry every time I watch this guy play knowing he was pretty much all sealed and ready to put on that Oiler jersey.

It's none other then HBomb's best friend (hehe) and Ana Duck Mr. Perry.

The deal to trade Perry to the Oilers was done and Mike Comrie would have went the other way when Lowe pulls a 360 on GM Murray and Comrie and tells him that in order for him to go to ANA he would have to pay his own way.

Lowe thought he was a real big shot at that time over this fiasco, but the egg is now on his face while Perry is turning into a force in this league and will likely lead Ana for years to come.

News flash: most of what Perry is doing in Anaheim this year is in fact due to his linemate, one Ryan Getzlaf.

The REAL screw-up on Lowe's part was the insistence on "five assets" for Pronger, when he should have gone for a "quality, not quantity" return. Something like this:

"You want Prongs to pair with Nieds on your blueline Burkie? Well, it's not happening unless Getzlaf is part of the return."

*click*

To me, it's clear who the elite star and the complementary player are on that particular line. Perry doesn't look a hell of a lot different to me from what Lupul is. Plus, he's a loudmouthed punk. 20 goals? No thanks. Anaheim can have him.

Ryan Getzlaf was the miss. Not Corey Perry. Lowe being a bigshot wasn't what cost him the true prize.....it was his haste to make a deal for Pronger and the fact he wasn't willing to play hardball in order to get a return that included either a) some immediate help for his hockey team or b) a true blue-chip asset. Instead of an Ace, he settled for two 10's and three 6's.

I will never agree with you about Perry [message #397990 is a reply to message #397989 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

A 6'3 RW who is still learning the game and has now just begun to use his body at the NHL level and has 20 goals and 30 points in 39 games is no chopped liver.

I have watched just as many Oiler games this year as I have Duck games and Perry has carried this team in just as many games as Ryan.

Ask 29 other GM's right now if they would say no thanks to Perry.

If Seguin gets 51 pts:

G2K= $100
V4ance=$100

Nail Yakupov

Re: I will never agree with you about Perry [message #397991 is a reply to message #397990 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

For a team that can't score a lick a guy that can score would be welcome. Sure we have a whole room of nice hardworking boys that are defensively responsible and the team is bad. Beggars can't be choosers.

Re: I will never agree with you about Perry [message #398009 is a reply to message #397990 ]
Fri, 28 December 2007 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

OilmanFan wrote on Fri, 28 December 2007 00:47

A 6'3 RW who is still learning the game and has now just begun to use his body at the NHL level and has 20 goals and 30 points in 39 games is no chopped liver.

I have watched just as many Oiler games this year as I have Duck games and Perry has carried this team in just as many games as Ryan.

I honestly can't stand Corey Perry, as good a player as he is. Putting that aside, however . . .

We've got to let this Perry thing go. Yes, we could have got him, and yes, he is a good player. But the guy that Lowe got was then flipped to St. Louis for one of the top-3 defensemen in the NHL. That, my friends, was good trade.

I'm with HBomb on this one. The real problem was the return on Pronger, not the return on Comrie.

Re: I will never agree with you about Perry [message #398014 is a reply to message #397990 ]
Fri, 28 December 2007 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

OilmanFan wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:47

Straight up though, Perry or Getzlaf?

No contest. One is a complementary player in the Lupul vein who is having a very good 3rd year in the NHL (and a contract year on top of that). The other is going to be one of the best 10 centres in the league for the next 10-15 years.

It's a lot easier to find a Perry than it is a Getzlaf.

Chopped liver? By no means. But he's not a rare quantity either. Add in the loudmouthed, dirtbag, dive-artist BS, and there's a lot of guys I'd rather have on my team.

Example: I wouldn't trade Penner straight up for Perry.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397972 is a reply to message #397954 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Smid has been struggling lately. Why was he out against the Perry line? I don't get it. I also don't get why Tarnstrom wasn't playing.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397975 is a reply to message #397972 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

1 Cup

How many regulation wins in the last 60 games or so?

Now.....hmm.....Mr Katz when you buy this team, please move the dead wood management in place. I used to only want the guillotine for MacT's head but I think he may need some company on the chopping block. Mr Lowe your mistakes are starting to come through like a Brian Burke opinion; loud, undicipherable and all over the place.

Neither the coach, the GM or the media seem to be too concerned.The media in this town is way too soft on this team. How many games need to pass before this team can put together 10 regulation wins? How many.....

So this is what hope feels like?

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397978 is a reply to message #397975 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

halfafrog wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:03

7 regulation wins in the last 58 Oiler games dating to last year's trade deadline.

Not good enough. Injuries and youth do not excuse the piss-poor job that MacT is doing right now.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397982 is a reply to message #397978 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MacKnife  is currently offline MacKnife

No Cups

HBomb wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:07

7 regulation wins in the last 58 Oiler games dating to last year's trade deadline.

Not good enough. Injuries and youth do not excuse the piss-poor job that MacT is doing right now.

Ouch! Seeing that stat just gave me an excuse to mix an OT crown&coke.

The boys should watch the tape to see how a real powerplay sets up.

And then Smid should stop giving other teams a reason to show how a real powerplay sets up.

Glad to hear Gator is back on Saturday!

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397983 is a reply to message #397982 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

MacKnife wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:23

HBomb wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:07

Ouch! Seeing that stat just gave me an excuse to mix an OT crown&coke.

The boys should watch the tape to see how a real powerplay sets up.

And then Smid should stop giving other teams a reason to show how a real powerplay sets up.

Glad to hear Gator is back on Saturday!

Gator? Don't you mean Chopper?

And just for a reference frame, there was a stretch from Valentine's Day 1993 to the time Ted Green got axed in November of that year where the Oilers went 8-40-3 (8 regulation wins in 51 games).

News flash folks: this is a bad, bad hockey team right now.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #397985 is a reply to message #397983 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmer  is currently offline Jimmer

No Cups

Was there any talk about Hemsky's condition at McT's press conference?

“I wanna kiss you. I couldn't care less about the team struggguulliing…We're looking to make a noise now and ... I wanna kiss you!” – Joe Namath.

you are too easy on them bud [message #397984 is a reply to message #397978 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Let me first say that I hope everybody here had a great Christmas.

7 regulation wins is 58 games and calling it not good enough is being too easy on them. If we recount those numbers in our head we would realize how ridiculous 7 regulation wins in the last 58 games actually is at this time.

It's time for Lowe to go. How he managed to get extended for 4 more years is beyound me.

If Seguin gets 51 pts:

G2K= $100
V4ance=$100

Nail Yakupov

Re: you are too easy on them bud [message #397986 is a reply to message #397984 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E-townchamps  is currently offline E-townchamps

No Cups

OilmanFan wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:26

Let me first say that I hope everybody here had a great Christmas.

7 regulation wins is 58 games and calling it not good enough is being too easy on them. If we recount those numbers in our head we would realize how ridiculous 7 regulation wins in the last 58 games actually is at this time.

It's time for Lowe to go. How he managed to get extended for 4 more years is beyound me.

clapping

that is absolutly atrocious and embarrassing...if this organization had any accountability heads would roll but this team has ZERO

It's utterly amazing what the GM and Head Coach can get away with in this town and still have a job

think about it...7 regulation wins in 58 games. amazing

Hall-RNH-Eberle...future #1 line

no question about it [message #397988 is a reply to message #397986 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

and the reason this team gets away with it from the Edm media and kool-aid drinking fans is because the people running this darn team into the ground were their little heros when they were growing up.

I loved MacT and Lowe as players too, but that was many years ago and it in no way excuses what they have done to this sorry excuse of a team.

As long as the Edm fans keep on buying up those tickets then you can be sure nothing will change.

If Seguin gets 51 pts:

G2K= $100
V4ance=$100

Nail Yakupov

Re: no question about it [message #397992 is a reply to message #397988 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

OilmanFan wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:39

and the reason this team gets away with it from the Edm media and kool-aid drinking fans is because the people running this darn team into the ground were their little heros when they were growing up.

I loved MacT and Lowe as players too, but that was many years ago and it in no way excuses what they have done to this sorry excuse of a team.

As long as the Edm fans keep on buying up those tickets then you can be sure nothing will change.

Oil fans are probably the most critical fans in the NHL.

Re: no question about it [message #397993 is a reply to message #397992 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:57

lmao rofl

Re: no question about it [message #397994 is a reply to message #397993 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Beerfish Revisited wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:58

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 22:57

lmao rofl

no no. The punchline is coming. Wait for it... Wait for it....

Re: no question about it [message #397997 is a reply to message #397994 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

1 Cup

yep....someone will complain that too many fans are jumping from the bandwagon....which isn't what is happening. What is happening is just criticism for poor performance. For some reason some fans believe the team deserves uncritical praise at all times. But this is ugly folks.

How does 7 regulation wins in 58 games NOT get this coach fired on any team regardless of injuries or any other reason?

So this is what hope feels like?

Re: no question about it [message #398133 is a reply to message #397997 ]
Sat, 29 December 2007 14:04 Go to previous message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

2 Cups

halfafrog wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 23:44

yep....someone will complain that too many fans are jumping from the bandwagon....which isn't what is happening. What is happening is just criticism for poor performance. For some reason some fans believe the team deserves uncritical praise at all times. But this is ugly folks.

How does 7 regulation wins in 58 games NOT get this coach fired on any team regardless of injuries or any other reason?

Yeah, it's funny how nobody is making those threads right now, isn't it?

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: no question about it [message #397995 is a reply to message #397992 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkb19  is currently offline dkb19

No Cups

Oiler fans are the most critical in the NHL? Who is this, Dane Cook? Dave Chapelle? George Carlin? You must either be joking or a leafs fan on the wrong site. No other team in the league, Toronto included, lets it's team have a 12.5% winning percentage (over the last 63 games in regular time) and give the 'Architect' of the team a raise and 4 more years at that level of accomplishment. There are fans in Guatemala that are more critical of their national team's performance than Edmonton fans are of the oil. mexican

5 Cups and counting.

Re: no question about it [message #397996 is a reply to message #397995 ]
Thu, 27 December 2007 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

dkb19 wrote on Thu, 27 December 2007 23:29

Oiler fans are the most critical in the NHL? Who is this, Dane Cook? Dave Chapelle? George Carlin? You must either be joking or a leafs fan on the wrong site. No other team in the league, Toronto included, lets it's team have a 12.5% winning percentage and give the 'Architect' of the team a raise and 4 more years at that level of accomplishment. There are fans in Guatemala that are more critical of their national team's performance than Edmonton fans are of the oil. mexican

Did the fans vote on the extension? C'mon.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38) [message #398003 is a reply to message #397954 ]
Fri, 28 December 2007 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
blackgold  is currently offline blackgold

No Cups

No chance of making the playoffs before New Years.

I didn't think we'd be this bad. icon_frown

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #39)
Next Topic:GDT: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #38)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca