This day on August 15
Acquired: Ken Solheim (1985)

Happy Birthday To: Oilforever, Smytty97, recon929, OvenChicken8

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches?Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 TEAM 1260 Response [message #394724 is a reply to message #394601 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MyBestGuess  is currently offline MyBestGuess

1 Cup

Whomever said that Bob Stauffer would disagree with MacT sitting out Raffi was absolutely right. Listening to Stauff right now and even though Spector is blaming Raffi himself, Stauffer is is blaming the organization in part for the poor play of Raffi Torres (and Sykora and Lupul...).

Zero mention of any alleged comment Raffi made on the bench last game regarding Stortini, so the conclusion is that this alleged comment did not happen.

Oilers Goal Horn
http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=6B5D44535654

Send a private message to this user  

This just in - HBOMB KICKS @$$! [message #394727 is a reply to message #394724 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

HBomb rips MacT on TEAM 1260 for sitting Raffi! for putting Stortini on this line! Stauff feeding him softballs and HBomb ripping them out of the park! for putting Reddox in!

I feel like the kids on Robin Williams' "Hook" movie chanting "Ruffio! Ruffio! Ruffio!"

Well done H!

By the way, they mentioned his name (HBomb) about 8 times during his call. Thank gawd he changed his name from SweatyO!

Oilers Goal Horn

Re: This just in - HBOMB KICKS @$$! [message #394734 is a reply to message #394727 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

MyBestGuess wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 16:17

HBomb rips MacT on TEAM 1260 for sitting Raffi! for putting Stortini on this line! Stauff feeding him softballs and HBomb ripping them out of the park! for putting Reddox in!

I feel like the kids on Robin Williams' "Hook" movie chanting "Ruffio! Ruffio! Ruffio!"

Well done H!

By the way, they mentioned his name (HBomb) about 8 times during his call. Thank gawd he changed his name from SweatyO!

I don't think the name change to SweatyO never did cross over to 1260. Even when he was SweatyO here, he was still Hbomb when he called in there.

I actually don't mind hearing less Daily Doug and more HBomb. Pretty much always has a good take.

Speaking of Total Sports, I'm beginning to think that Spector's kind of an idiot. He bashed a caller criticizing the media earlier this week, asked the guy what HE did for a living, and when the guy wasn't saying - he speculated that he flipped burgers at McDonald's, and started getting smug about putting a caller in his place. Funny how Stauffer can take all kinds of abuse (usually, I edit this as he just skidded a caller for 2 weeks icon_lol) , and Spector's skin is so thin.

Memo to the media - if you get to stand on a soapbox for a living, you have to be able to take some criticism.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2007 16:49]

Re: This just in - HBOMB KICKS @$$! [message #394738 is a reply to message #394734 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rekkin  is currently offline Rekkin

No Cups

Careful last time i ripped on Spector i got my message deleted and a warning =p

This has to be due to some off-ice issue, like a few have speculated a couple young bucks going out on the town and coming to practice hungover is always a possibility. If its due to that I can kind of understand but if its a purely hockey-related move due to the poor play against Pittsburgh (which is completely due to Mac-T's lets get to OT by sitting back in our zone game plan plus a combined effort at sucking by a number of oilers not just Torres and Stoll) then this is absolutely ridiculous.

This move makes us a worse team tonight and could definitely cost us 2 points and regardless of Mac-T's hurt feelings, a coach's job is to do everything in their power to help the team succeed. This move is completely opposite of that goal and is just another in a long line of incompetent moves that Mactavish has pulled.

The people you are sure are wrong are just as sure that you are wrong. The only difference is they're wrong. - God @TheTweetOfGod

Re: This just in - HBOMB KICKS @$$! [message #394865 is a reply to message #394734 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 16:26

MyBestGuess wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 16:17

Well done H!

I don't think the name change to SweatyO never did cross over to 1260. Even when he was SweatyO here, he was still Hbomb when he called in there.

I actually don't mind hearing less Daily Doug and more HBomb. Pretty much always has a good take.

Speaking of Total Sports, I'm beginning to think that Spector's kind of an idiot. He bashed a caller criticizing the media earlier this week, asked the guy what HE did for a living, and when the guy wasn't saying - he speculated that he flipped burgers at McDonald's, and started getting smug about putting a caller in his place. Funny how Stauffer can take all kinds of abuse (usually, I edit this as he just skidded a caller for 2 weeks icon_lol) , and Spector's skin is so thin.

Memo to the media - if you get to stand on a soapbox for a living, you have to be able to take some criticism.

Yeah it was a wild day altogether on 1260. This morning that nutjob "Phillip" calls in and not only says he's going to be the starting goalie for the Oilers on March 14, but then goes on to say that he's the messiah and names an actual person who will die in 2 days! Holy effing crap! Brynn & Jake were pretty much taken aback (how the hell do you respond to that). And then on the drive home, Stauff, Spec, and Rishaug almost slug it out with each other. HBomb comes on the air totally PO'd with the Raffi sitting and MacT in general, gets smarmy replies from Spec but Stauffer shows some respect. Then "Curtis" rips Stauffer for being a MacT hater and for picking a couple whipping boys to constantly flog, to which Stauffer tells Curtis he's turfed from the air for 2 weeks (awesome Stauffer! We're all thankful believe me)!

When the winter driving sucks, it's nice to know that the Oilers and local radio can spice things up a bit.

Oilers Goal Horn

Re: This just in - HBOMB KICKS @$$! [message #394866 is a reply to message #394865 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

MyBestGuess wrote on Sat, 08 December 2007 02:07

Yeah it was a wild day altogether on 1260. This morning that nutjob "Phillip" calls in and not only says he's going to be the starting goalie for the Oilers on March 14, but then goes on to say that he's the messiah and names an actual person who will die in 2 days! Holy effing crap! Brynn & Jake were pretty much taken aback (how the hell do you respond to that). And then on the drive home, Stauff, Spec, and Rishaug almost slug it out with each other. HBomb comes on the air totally PO'd with the Raffi sitting and MacT in general, gets smarmy replies from Spec but Stauffer shows some respect. Then "Curtis" rips Stauffer for being a MacT hater and for picking a couple whipping boys to constantly flog, to which Stauffer tells Curtis he's turfed from the air for 2 weeks (awesome Stauffer! We're all thankful believe me)!

When the winter driving sucks, it's nice to know that the Oilers and local radio can spice things up a bit.

Anyone have that recorded? I'd love to hear it. I gots ta get me some 1260 over here.

Re: This just in - HBOMB KICKS @$$! [message #394869 is a reply to message #394866 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Mikey wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 22:11

MyBestGuess wrote on Sat, 08 December 2007 02:07

Anyone have that recorded? I'd love to hear it. I gots ta get me some 1260 over here.

No recording, but you can listen to 1260 on the web. I'm over in Vancouver and yet still listen to The Bear and occasionally 630 & 1260. Just check their respective websites.

I don't think they have podcasts for listening to past broadcasts.

Sorry if this is rubbing it in, but that had to have been the best sports radio show episode I've ever listened to.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394729 is a reply to message #394601 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Hehe, nice call-in HBomb. Agree on your points, loved their "meh" response.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394731 is a reply to message #394729 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HBomb  is currently offline HBomb

1 Cup

nullterm wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 16:18

Hehe, nice call-in HBomb. Agree on your points, loved their "meh" response.

Maybe meh from Spector and Rishaug (both smart guys in their own right).

But I know that Stauffer and I are on the same page. I'm fairly confident the guy doesn't say a lot of what he wants to on the air, simply because it would be over the line.

The guy needs to get on satellite radio, stat.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394730 is a reply to message #394601 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

2 Cups

If the benching is a direct result of their performance in the third period, then what kind of message does this send to the younger more impressionable players? This is ridiculous. Not at all the way to treat your players, in my books. Players should be held accountable for their play, but MacT is way out to lunch on this one.

FTR though, I also think that there is much more to this story, and I think it's night-life related activities.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394736 is a reply to message #394730 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

1 Cup

Maybe it's to light a fire under them, they were the worst line out there. Attending the game that night you could see they weren't playing together well at all and were afraid of giving Stortini the puck, so they just gave the Pens the puck instead. Stoll was pretty bad in the face off deparment that night I think too I remember him winning 2 againest Crosby, but that is Crosby.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394739 is a reply to message #394736 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

1 Cup

Hmm this goes back to my idiot savant comment. Either this is a stroke of pure genius and it pulls these guys, especially Stoll out of the dumper. Or its idiotic. Personally I believe this should have been done a month ago when the team was especially in the dumper but oh well. There are a lot of hungry young wolves that may never give those second line spots back to Torres and Stoll. It should be an interesting experiment.

So this is what hope feels like?

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394742 is a reply to message #394601 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Were the 2 goals MacT is blaming Torres and Stoll for really because of out of the ordinary bad play by both of them?

The first one, Stoll made a standard hit in the far end and any player with half a brain in Sortini's position would have tried to slow the play down on the left side to let Stoll recover. Instead Sortini tries to make this huge hit and skates right past the puck allowing the play to go racing into our zone. Torres tries to block the pass across to letang and comes pretty close, but it was basically a 2 on 1 play because our dmen decided to converge on 1 guy. Of course Roloson wasn't up to the task of stoping the shot.

The 2nd one...what the hell? The oilers were close to our net like they always are in that situation and Crosby finds Eaton out in no mans land and they get a deflection to put it in. Crosby snuck behind Stoll and yanked him away from the play, but Crosby probably does that 10 times a night. Stoll was actually working his arse off trying to get back in the play but our dmen were standing still right in his way behind the net.

Obviously this is just personal and has nothing to do with the game last night. Nice of MacT to lie to everyone though.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2007 17:05]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394743 is a reply to message #394742 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Punter  is currently offline Punter

No Cups

Laraque on 1260 provides some insight by saying the Penguins laughed at Stortini playing vs Crosby.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394749 is a reply to message #394743 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Punter wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 17:01

Laraque on 1260 provides some insight by saying the Penguins laughed at Stortini playing vs Crosby.

haha. I think that even Sortini should have found that funny.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394750 is a reply to message #394743 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Punter wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 17:01

Considering Laraque as the source, I'm inclined to say "yeah, whatever".

BG's opinion when it comes to anything outside his own game should be taken with a grain of salt. Not to defend MacT necessarily (yeah Stortini belongs anywhere but on a checking line), but Laraque's made it clear the main reason he's not an Oiler is because of MacT.....Could it have been your own play, George .... Is that possible?

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2007 17:14]

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394751 is a reply to message #394750 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rekkin  is currently offline Rekkin

No Cups

Doesn't matter if Laraque said it or not, even my 5 year old niece would laugh at the prospect of using Stortini to help shut down Crosby...

The people you are sure are wrong are just as sure that you are wrong. The only difference is they're wrong. - God @TheTweetOfGod

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394755 is a reply to message #394751 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Rekkin wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 17:14

Doesn't matter if Laraque said it or not, even my 5 year old niece would laugh at the prospect of using Stortini to help shut down Crosby...

True, I had qualified my post before reading this.

I guess I'm just getting tired of hearing from and about Georges Laraque. Kinda boils down to that for me.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394747 is a reply to message #394601 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hunter1909  is currently offline hunter1909

No Cups

Benching or better yet scratching any player for sucking and blowing should be a regular occurrance, provided it's done in an even handed manner.

Scratching Stoll AND Torres, seems like none of this.

Stoll I seem to remember was considered future captain material as recently as last season. Torres, he's always been one of my favourite Oilers. A regular playoff monster.

Call me crazy, but this smacks of Mactavish's patented lunacy.

Part of me wants to care, the other part(my head) just shakes and laughs, in anticipation of tonight's pasting we're going to collect from the Blues.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394752 is a reply to message #394747 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Is this the beginning of mutiny on the Bounty?

....this could get ugly really fast if the coach no longer has the vets in his corner.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394759 is a reply to message #394752 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

halfafrog wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 16:14

....this could get ugly really fast if the coach no longer has the vets in his corner.

Great point. It'll all come down to how the team responds.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394765 is a reply to message #394759 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
limecorrado  is currently offline limecorrado

No Cups

Time will tell if this is the right move or not, but i think Torres should have been bench a few time over the last 2 season. When he's cold, he's very cold.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394768 is a reply to message #394765 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

1 Cup

This is nothing to do with been cold, otherwise it would be one guy not 2, Torres had also gotten point in 5 in a row and Stoll was looking more and more like the player he was last year. Something happened between either Torres (bench argument has been speculated) or Stoll and the other buddy jumped on his friends cause.

This is not about play it is about conflict with the coach, we just need to wait and see which horse the team is backing before the next card is played by K-Lowe.

Renaissance 2015

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394769 is a reply to message #394765 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RedRooster  is currently offline RedRooster

No Cups

I'd rather have a cold Torres than an anything Stortini. 8 days of the week.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394761 is a reply to message #394752 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

halfafrog wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 17:14

I think we are witnessing a p!ssing contest between 2 friends and the coach and we will know which side the team are on by about 7:10 this evening.

Someone is going to loose here, either Torres and/or Stoll will be moved or Mac-T will be relieved and I think how the team responds to this latest Mac-T dressing room drama will decide this.

Renaissance 2015

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394764 is a reply to message #394761 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KSC10032  is currently offline KSC10032

No Cups

ChasinStanley wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 17:38

I think we are witnessing a p!ssing contest between 2 friends and the coach and we will know which side the team are on by about 7:10 this evening.

Someone is going to loose here, either Torres and/or Stoll will be moved or Mac-T will be relieved and I think how the team responds to this latest Mac-T dressing room drama will decide this.

And perhaps both events might occur?

"Where the search for the truth is conducted with a wink, and a nod." Jackson Browne 1996

KSC

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394802 is a reply to message #394761 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

ChasinStanley wrote on Fri, 07 December 2007 17:38

Yeah. Then Kevin Lowe comes out and lambasts either the team, or even fans(as usual) for not supporting his friend, MacTavish.

MacTavish meanwhile, will continue to function, exactly like he always has...100% oblivious to reality.

Stortini playing against Crosby? The Oilers, dear friends, are coached by a lunatic. And since the status quo is currently making money, the owners won't worry themselves about a itty bitty matter like the team becoming a laughing stock throughout the league.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394809 is a reply to message #394601 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I think the most stinging part is that it breaks up Torres' 240+ game consecutive iron man streak he's been running since 2004. For losing a game against the top guy in the NHL, that's a bit harsh. There has to be more to it than just the 2 points. They've been in a rut, but they also have been making improvements lately.

Hopefully it gets sorted out, I'd honestly hate to lose either player.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394862 is a reply to message #394601 ]
Fri, 07 December 2007 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Longcat  is currently offline Longcat

No Cups

This team sucks.

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 14:57

I'm just going to say it, this Longcat fellow is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Re: Torres and Stoll Healthy Scratches? [message #394887 is a reply to message #394862 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

How about if they scratch the coach?

Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #394902 is a reply to message #394601 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Columnists/Jones_Terry/200 7/12/08/4714467-sun.html

Torres and Stoll were the two biggest culprits on Wednesday night? How about "Steady" Steve Staios and Dwayne Roloson?

Stoll is the one who is "salvageable"? If Jones had any clue, he'd see that Torres is a far more complete two-way player than Stoll, who is outstanding on the PK but has not progressed when it comes to ES play. If you're retaining one of these guys, it should be Torres, not Jarret "minus-10" Stoll. Jarret Stoll is overrated by fans and media alike, while Raffi Torres gets zero credit for the strides he's made in terms of being a two way player "because he doesn't hit as often". And it's conveniently forgot that, prior to Wednesday, Torres was on, what, a 5 game points streak? Way to pick and choose the information you present, Jonesey. That's terrible journalism.

Gagner and Nilsson were the ones who took Torres and Stoll's spots, eh? Last time I checked, it was Reddox and Thoresen who drew into their spots, and NEITHER was overly impressive. Furthermore, Stortini was victimized on one of the St. Louis goals. Once again, misrepresentation of the facts that is amateur in nature.

And MacT shows his cluelessness too.....Wednesday you blame Torres and Stoll, but tonight was just breaks? If you were consistent and had the same expectations of accountability for all the players on this team, Steve Staios and Zack Stortini would be making a trip to the Pressbox in Dallas on Monday night. How about it, curly haired "genius" (and I use that term in a HIGHLY sarcastic manner, if anyone couldn't tell).

Jones and MacT....morons alike.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 December 2007 10:11]

Re: Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #394911 is a reply to message #394902 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Longcat  is currently offline Longcat

No Cups

Dude the muppets in the media are just trumpeting the message their overlords want.

Anyone with half a brain watching these games knows where most of the blame lies.

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 14:57

I'm just going to say it, this Longcat fellow is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Re: Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #394914 is a reply to message #394911 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

J.Money wrote on Sat, 08 December 2007 11:01

Dude the muppets in the media are just trumpeting the message their overlords want.

Anyone with half a brain watching these games knows where most of the blame lies.

Well, I hope the good people of Edmonton are smart enough to see that the problem is behind the bench, not the guys who sit on it.

Re: Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #394915 is a reply to message #394914 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

HBomb wrote on Sat, 08 December 2007 11:20

Well, I hope the good people of Edmonton are smart enough to see that the problem is behind the bench, not the guys who sit on it.

They're not.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #394917 is a reply to message #394915 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 08 December 2007 11:37

They're not.

I hate to say it, but I'd have to agree.

Re: Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #394925 is a reply to message #394917 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

HBomb wrote on Sat, 08 December 2007 12:07

They're not.

What's that old fire the coach adage, about how "You can't fire the team".

See Kevin Lowe. See Pat Laforge. See Craig MacTavish, fire the team.

Re: Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #394926 is a reply to message #394925 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

hunter1909 wrote on Sat, 08 December 2007 14:09

They're not.

I think it goes you can't fire your good friend, especially when said friend has more excuses than Britney Spears at a custody hearing

Renaissance 2015

Re: Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #394927 is a reply to message #394926 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

ChasinStanley wrote on Sat, 08 December 2007 14:13

hunter1909 wrote on Sat, 08 December 2007 14:09

They're not.

I think it goes you can't fire your good friend, especially when said friend has more excuses than Britney Spears at a custody hearing

Hey, she loves her children. You just never mind the fact she is totally unfit to coach, I mean, parent them.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #394931 is a reply to message #394927 ]
Sat, 08 December 2007 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Isn't he always out to lunch? You don't get that way jogging during your breaks. As for the idiot savant vs idiot. MacT proves again. He is not an idiot savant, just an idiot.

Not sure what the man love is Lowe has for MacT, or MacT for Slowass, I mean Staios.

Re: Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #395075 is a reply to message #394931 ]
Sun, 09 December 2007 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

halfafrog wrote on Sat, 08 December 2007 14:31

Isn't he always out to lunch? You don't get that way jogging during your breaks. As for the idiot savant vs idiot. MacT proves again. He is not an idiot savant, just an idiot.

Not sure what the man love is Lowe has for MacT, or MacT for Slowass, I mean Staios.

I'm starting to think Lowe isn't hard headed. Pig headed seems to work better. Letting the team twist in the wind for 80% of the 2005-06 season without a decent goalie, signing a lot of role players to inflated contracts, lecturing the fans over "the good times" we all have had following the Oilers over a whole lot of flat out rotten seasons, and finally making us all twist in the wind as all of our best 1,2,3 own draft picks are lost - leaving us praying the team doesn't hand the quacks a 1st overall pick!?

And please, no more excuses re injuries. Playing kids against men in the pros without goons to protect them, leaving so many of them concussed isn't hard headed management
either.

Re: Terry Jones, Out To Lunch, Yet Again [message #395084 is a reply to message #394931 ]
Sun, 09 December 2007 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkb19  is currently offline dkb19

No Cups

I think that every day MacT is around coaching the oilers, there's a village somewhere that is dearly missing it's idiot.

5 Cups and counting.

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #31)
Next Topic:Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #30)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca