This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823001]
Wed, 10 May 2023 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Vegas to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2022-23P Regular Season
Wednesday, May 3, 2023Edmonton 4 @ Vegas 6Loss
Saturday, May 6, 2023Edmonton 5 @ Vegas 1Win
Monday, May 8, 2023Vegas 5 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Wednesday, May 10, 2023Vegas 1 @ Edmonton 4Win
Friday, May 12, 2023Edmonton 3 @ Vegas 4Loss
Sunday, May 14, 2023Vegas 5 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Home Record: 1-2-0       Road Record: 1-2-0       Overall Record: 2-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 7/12 Total: 19
Home / Road Goals Against: 11/11 Total: 22

2021-22 Regular Season
Friday, October 22, 2021Edmonton 5 @ Vegas 3Win
Saturday, November 27, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Vegas 2Win
Tuesday, February 8, 2022Vegas 4 @ Edmonton 0Loss
Saturday, April 16, 2022Vegas 0 @ Edmonton 4Win
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 2-0-0       Overall Record: 3-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 4/8 Total: 12
Home / Road Goals Against: 4/5 Total: 9

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823002 is a reply to message #823001 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Holy heck am I nervous about this one. There’s a pit of Must in my stomach… Oily boys absolutely MUST have this one.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823003 is a reply to message #823002 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Play like game 2 and we blow them out of the water. I think McDavid has a huge game.

And do we know who is starting?

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823004 is a reply to message #823003 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Need this win. Go down 3-1 to Vegas and likely we’re toast.

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823006 is a reply to message #823003 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am expecting the Oilers to take it too Vegas. I don't think last game had anything to do with Vegas being better, the Oilers just played like a pile of garbage.

I'd expect Skinner to get the start just because the coaches know that they will get a OK start from him. Probably not a lights out one but not an epically bad one. With Campbell, you just don't know.

Today is the day Nuge HAS TO step up. He's going into game 10 of being crap. Hyman will not be 100%. Series can be won or lost when key guys that make up the core of a team don't show up. Nuge is in that core and has to contribute.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 May 2023 08:33]

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823013 is a reply to message #823003 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 07:06

Play like game 2 and we blow them out of the water. I think McDavid has a huge game.

It's got to be Skinner. Going to Campbell now would look desperate, and let's face it, two of the first three shots last night went in when he went in goal. It's not like he was a rock back there.

I don't really see any reason to make a switch - Skinner is still the best option we have, even if we haven't seen his best game much in the playoffs. Hopefully he can get on track. Curses again to the useless GM who forced the team to rely on the heroics of a rookie goalie if we hope to be successful.

I do want to see Adin Hill lit up tonight. Everyone was a little too easy on him in his first two appearances in the series, and it's time to make him look like the fourth stringer he is.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823015 is a reply to message #823013 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 13:21

Mike wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 07:06

It's got to be Skinner. Going to Campbell now would look desperate, and let's face it, two of the first three shots last night went in when he went in goal. It's not like he was a rock back there.

I don't really see any reason to make a switch - Skinner is still the best option we have, even if we haven't seen his best game much in the playoffs. Hopefully he can get on track. Curses again to the useless GM who forced the team to rely on the heroics of a rookie goalie if we hope to be successful.

I do want to see Adin Hill lit up tonight. Everyone was a little too easy on him in his first two appearances in the series, and it's time to make him look like the fourth stringer he is.

2 summers ago was the time to get a goalie - there were tons available, I think more than ever before. Between UFAs and guys that teams would be unable to protect in the expansion draft, options were plentiful.

Anyway - we are where we are, and no changing that now.

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823042 is a reply to message #823002 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 05:45

Holy heck am I nervous about this one. There’s a pit of Must in my stomach… Oily boys absolutely MUST have this one.

https://i.imgflip.com/7lb6c9.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823044 is a reply to message #823042 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 18:12

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 05:45

https://i.imgflip.com/7lb6c9.gif

Lolll! I’m loving your gif game my man

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823005 is a reply to message #823001 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

I don't see Vegas crapping the bed like they did in game 2....but I also don't see them repeating their game 3 effort as well.

Gotta be more attentive & hungrier for a full 60 minutes opposed to just 10. Leggo!

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823007 is a reply to message #823005 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I would strongly consider playing 12-6 tonight just to have coverage for Hyman if he plays and is limited.
I'd split up McC and Leon. The second line with Nuge at center is getting destroyed.

I would have Janmark in there if he's ready to go. Sounds like he was skating.

I would consider Holloway in for Yamomoto to give the line up a spark. I am not one of the moronic fans that thinks Holloway is better than 1/3 of the line up. I do worry about him getting into his first playoff game on home ice and him spitting the bit like the did in the regular season home opener but 5 on 5, I think they need something more and Yamo isn't do that at all. If Janmark is back, he can take Yamo's PK minutes. You could give Foegele another shift or 2 if you worry about Holloway's ice time. But they need to make a change as Yamo just isn't bringing it and hasn't all year.

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823010 is a reply to message #823007 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oiltec  is currently offline oiltec

No Cups

Big George L. just guaranteed an Oilers win, so there's that.

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823011 is a reply to message #823001 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Gotta win this - hugely nervous. Thinking about not watching since I watched 1 & 3, but was in a movie for 2. Hmm.

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823012 is a reply to message #823001 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Man, we just have the worst media ever:

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

No numbers on water bottles this year (training staff has pulled ahead in the counter-intelligence game) but lots out there, so looking like a well attended morning skate to come.

Rishaug, desperate for his next "scoop" goes snooping to see who's water bottle makes it out to the morning skate. We wait in breathless anticipation for his reporting of who is the first on and off the ice this morning!

Hopefully the team is a lot better than the reporters today and we have a strong bounce-back.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823014 is a reply to message #823012 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I think it's funny. A bit of a cat and mouse game between Rishaugh and the media. Both sides seem to be making this a thing now. Whatever gets them going. hahaha

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823022 is a reply to message #823012 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 10:18

Man, we just have the worst media ever:

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

No numbers on water bottles this year (training staff has pulled ahead in the counter-intelligence game) but lots out there, so looking like a well attended morning skate to come.

Rishaug, desperate for his next "scoop" goes snooping to see who's water bottle makes it out to the morning skate. We wait in breathless anticipation for his reporting of who is the first on and off the ice this morning!

Hopefully the team is a lot better than the reporters today and we have a strong bounce-back.

Yes but who was at the center of the stretching circle today?? And have Ryan and the other scribes managed to find a direct flight back to Vegas to "work" game 5? Only "journalists" really know what it's like to put in the hours and be in the trenches!

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823017 is a reply to message #823001 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skinner starts.

Broberg stayed out late, indicating it very well May be 12-6 tonight with Hyman and Janmark in, who both did not skate this am

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823018 is a reply to message #823017 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

It makes sense they go 12-6 with Hyman not being 100%

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823019 is a reply to message #823017 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I don't see any weight carried into who's on the ice for morning skates. Woodcroft seems to always take the, 'if you need a break, take it,' mentality. Kane has only participated in half of them, played every game.

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823024 is a reply to message #823001 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

If both teams deliver their best games, the Oilers win.

Let's hope the Oilers deliver their best game of the playoffs. Play well defensively, take the game to them...defend by playing in their end, earn calls.

Hyman not being able to skate well concerns me. He's probably only had a couple good games in the playoffs, but it's really noticeable if you dont have him or he's only at 75%.

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823026 is a reply to message #823024 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 13:08

Let's hope the Oilers deliver their best game of the playoffs. Play well defensively, take the game to them...defend by playing in their end, earn calls.

Hyman not being able to skate well concerns me. He's probably only had a couple good games in the playoffs, but it's really noticeable if you dont have him or he's only at 75%.

It's times like these that I remember that James Van Riemsdyk was available for next to nothing at the trade deadline and our GM was busy trying to move up his press conference a couple hours so he could start his weekend early...

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823030 is a reply to message #823026 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 13:38

It's times like these that I remember that James Van Riemsdyk was available for next to nothing at the trade deadline and our GM was busy trying to move up his press conference a couple hours so he could start his weekend early...

Yeah, useful player. The Oilers have a pretty strong forward group but if a couple go down, you start with Shore and Holloway. I probably find a place for Holloway in the lineup over Shore if need be.

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823039 is a reply to message #823030 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 14:50

Yeah, useful player. The Oilers have a pretty strong forward group but if a couple go down, you start with Shore and Holloway. I probably find a place for Holloway in the lineup over Shore if need be.

Holloway would be my preference too if we have to insert someone - especially if you're trying to replace Hyman in the lineup. That said, probably a short leash. Holloway wasn't particularly impactful earlier this season, and has had some injury struggles of his own.

I wish we'd addressed the forward depth a little more, because it just isn't unforeseeable that you're going to get some bumps and bruises in the playoffs, and our depth could have stood to be improved even when everyone is healthy.

FWIW, I disagree with those clamouring for Yamamoto to be sat. I think he wasn't a problem last game and I don't think he's been the weakest link at forward - not even close. To me, he's just another person who Oilers fans have decided to jump all over because he's not sitting at 10 points yet. People need to settle down on that stuff.

Not sure I'd sit Broberg over Desharnais either, but every coach has their blindspot. The six defenceman system worries me a little bit given that it means less options if the big fella struggles.

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823043 is a reply to message #823039 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Oilers win 4-2

Book it

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823045 is a reply to message #823039 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 16:24

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 14:50

Holloway would be my preference too if we have to insert someone - especially if you're trying to replace Hyman in the lineup. That said, probably a short leash. Holloway wasn't particularly impactful earlier this season, and has had some injury struggles of his own.

I wish we'd addressed the forward depth a little more, because it just isn't unforeseeable that you're going to get some bumps and bruises in the playoffs, and our depth could have stood to be improved even when everyone is healthy.

FWIW, I disagree with those clamouring for Yamamoto to be sat. I think he wasn't a problem last game and I don't think he's been the weakest link at forward - not even close. To me, he's just another person who Oilers fans have decided to jump all over because he's not sitting at 10 points yet. People need to settle down on that stuff.

Not sure I'd sit Broberg over Desharnais either, but every coach has their blindspot. The six defenceman system worries me a little bit given that it means less options if the big fella struggles.

Half hour from puck drop and all of Hyman, Janmark and Broberg are taking warm up...

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823047 is a reply to message #823045 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 10 May 2023 18:36

..Half hour from puck drop and all of Hyman, Janmark and Broberg are taking warm up...

Going 12-6

Janmark in..
Hyman in..

Broberg out..

L F G ! 👍🏻

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #823048 is a reply to message #823045 ]
Wed, 10 May 2023 19:58 Go to previous message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Really hoping Janmark is ready to go.

I know it’s a small piece, but I want him and his 63 games of post season experience out there.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Previous Topic:GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #4)
Next Topic:Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca