This day on May 17
None

Happy Birthday To: vikingkid, Moreau#18

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT)Pages (16): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787175 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

4 games for Marky. Probably got an extra 2 for lying to perros that he was trying to make a defensive play

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787176 is a reply to message #787175 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 18:53

4 games for Marky. Probably got an extra 2 for lying to perros that he was trying to make a defensive play

More than I expected. Hard to know what to expect.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787177 is a reply to message #787176 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 19:18

More than I expected. Hard to know what to expect.

I thought he would get more, but it helped him that he does not have a rep as a dirty player or have a history of making these kind of hits. Hopefully he learns from this, but we'll see.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787179 is a reply to message #787175 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Parros' whole mission is to prove to everyone that DOPS doesn't play favourites and star players are held to a high or higher standard. Everyone knows hockey fans want to see stars have to fight through hooking, holding and interference ad nauseum, but they don't want to see the stars ever lay a questionable hit.

I think 2 games would have been plenty for this, and even that is unnecessary if not for the optics due to the injury. Parros, in his infinite wisdom, felt differently. If Tkachuk or Wilson did this though, we're looking at a $5000 fine.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787182 is a reply to message #787179 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 20:03

Parros' whole mission is to prove to everyone that DOPS doesn't play favourites and star players are held to a high or higher standard. Everyone knows hockey fans want to see stars have to fight through hooking, holding and interference ad nauseum, but they don't want to see the stars ever lay a questionable hit.

I think 2 games would have been plenty for this, and even that is unnecessary if not for the optics due to the injury. Parros, in his infinite wisdom, felt differently. If Tkachuk or Wilson did this though, we're looking at a $5000 fine.

It is kind of an extreme version of the Tkachuk/Kassian hits...

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787184 is a reply to message #787179 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I honestly think Scheifele may have screwed himself here claiming he was trying to stop the goal. It's so obvious he wasn't, and Perros (is that Perros talking? I forget what he sounds like) specifically points that out in the video, Scheifele's claim and how it's bullcrap.

https://www.nhl.com/video/scheifele-suspended-four-games/t-2 77440360/c-8516240

I agree he has punished stars more, so Scheifele was at a disadvantage to start, but then lying probably gave it all a boost.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787185 is a reply to message #787184 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 20:05

I honestly think Scheifele may have screwed himself here claiming he was trying to stop the goal. It's so obvious he wasn't, and Perros (is that Perros talking? I forget what he sounds like) specifically points that out in the video, Scheifele's claim and how it's bullcrap.

I agree he has punished stars more, so Scheifele was at a disadvantage to start, but then lying probably gave it all a boost.

I saw the video and was surprised at the language they used. The video claims that he concedes the goal, which I think is not a claim you can make in a play where milliseconds makes all the difference. If it’s not a late hit, which it isn’t, then I don’t you can’t make the argument that he conceded anything.

But I agree, the intent to injure was there. He skated the whole length of the ice.

I think I’m okay with 4. Severe injury, intent, charging, and no history.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 June 2021 21:23]

Clean house or bust

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787186 is a reply to message #787185 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 21:19

I saw the video and was surprised at the language they used. The video claims that he concedes the goal, which I think is not a claim you can make in a play where milliseconds makes all the difference. If it’s not a late hit, which it isn’t, then I don’t you can’t make the argument that he conceded anything.

Think they are just looking at how instead of just putting his stick out to stop the goal, he actually puts it in his left hand and actively pulls the stick back so he can bend down and line up his shoulder for the hit.

Personally I think it's fair from that to say Scheifele gave zero craps about his team being scored on with a minute still left in the game. He really really REALLY wanted that hit.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787187 is a reply to message #787185 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

If that's a late hit, then there's about 100 late hits a game. I think it's a decent argument that he has as much of a chance to stop him with a hit as he does just waving his stick at the puck...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787188 is a reply to message #787187 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 21:23

If that's a late hit, then there's about 100 late hits a game. I think it's a decent argument that he has as much of a chance to stop him with a hit as he does just waving his stick at the puck...

Scheifele should go back to school and learn some physics if he thinks the hit had more of a chance to stop the goal than his stick, hehe. I'd give him 5 games if he made that claim. During the extra time off he can learn how to measure arm and stick length relative to the human shoulder.

It's all really weird in the end. You can see in the replay behind the net that if Scheifele just kept his stick in his right hand and reached out, he would have been able to get his stick on that puck before Evans was able to create the momentum of the puck towards the open net. He just didn't even try. Scheifele would have been able to land a big hit too, in addition to getting his stick on the puck. Just completely bailed on the puck part though and went all in on the hit that connected when the puck was already bouncing off the far back corner of the net.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 June 2021 21:38]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787191 is a reply to message #787179 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 19:03

Agree.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787192 is a reply to message #787179 ]
Fri, 04 June 2021 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Yeah, I think 2. I dont think it was a malicious charge all the way from the o zone back because initially at least I think he's going back to defend his net. He's thinking stopping Evans from coming to the front when he gets to his own slot, I think, but then for some reason carries on and finishes his check the split second after the puck is in.

Pretty horrible for Wpg as it turned out. Dubois has been pretty much invisible since his arrival, I think, they could use him now.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787190 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

I never disliked the Jets or their fans, mainly because they haven't done anything worth talking trash about. However, reading all the whinging on their HF board about how the suspension was unfair over Scheifele's "clean hit" is making me rethink that position. I get that they are pissed that their team's top player is gone for most of the series, but he made a stupid decision and had to pay for it. The fact that he could theoretically come back in this series means he did not get hit with the book by Parros as hard as he could have.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787466 is a reply to message #787190 ]
Wed, 09 June 2021 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 22:47

I never disliked the Jets or their fans, mainly because they haven't done anything worth talking trash about. However, reading all the whinging on their HF board about how the suspension was unfair over Scheifele's "clean hit" is making me rethink that position. I get that they are pissed that their team's top player is gone for most of the series, but he made a stupid decision and had to pay for it. The fact that he could theoretically come back in this series means he did not get hit with the book by Parros as hard as he could have.

I don't normally agree with Craig Button since he's been a huge Leafs homer in recent years, was a bad GM, and makes some questionable takes despite making sense at times.

His position on the Scheifele hit made the most sense to me however. Can't find the video clip but could post it later on:

1) The initial contact was a 2 minute charging penalty at most since he made zero effort to play the puck.

2) If Scheifele made some effort to play the puck, we're looking at a mini-odd man rush headed back the other way giving the Jets some hope in tying Game 1.

3) The initial point of contact was to the chest and not the head.

4) Scheifele leaves his feet but not intentionally since it naturally occurred as a result of the contact initiated by himself of course.

5) Button's main point is the follow through of Scheifele's hit as he shifted his body upward into the head/shoulder area instead of continuing forward which lead to Evans landing rather awkwardly.

6) Point 5 is Button's big issue with the hit.

7) Different types of hits but this is somewhat comparable with what happened to Joe Pavelski in Game 7 of the 2019 1st round series between San Jose/Vegas. Eakin was unfairly assessed a 10 minute game misconduct for initiating contact with Pavelski after a face off; it was Stasny who drove him into the ice landing awkwardly after he was already somewhat in midair.

8) I don't think Scheifele is a dirty player given his overall history though a very irresponsible play leading to:
A) a bad concussion from an opposing player
B) costing his team a chance to tie the game in the dying seconds by not playing the puck
C) a suspension (regardless of how many games) preventing him from helping his team in this series.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787195 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Fri, 04 June 2021 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Maybe lame to keep piling on the Scheifele stuff, but this is funny:

JFresh @JFreshHockey
Mark Scheifele has been suspended four games for an illegal charge on what appears to have been his first backcheck in several years. #GoJetsGo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2_y5AwXMAE1PwE?format=jpg&name=small

Maybe I have to give him more of the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he just doesn't know how to use his stick to defend.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787196 is a reply to message #787195 ]
Fri, 04 June 2021 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

DOPS continues to be baffling. I am not knocking the suspension. It may have been the hardest hit I have seen in a long time. Something you would see more of a few decades ago. He deserved to get a suspension. How many games? I don't know. He's not normally a dirty player, he's not even a physical guy as he barely touches anyone normally but he was definitely trying to blow the guy up. I was surprised it was 4 games, seems like a lot for a guy who has no history at all and normally never touches anyone given how they operate but I am not debating the amount.

But it's just another example of the NHL how how inconsistent they are. How one know what will happen, what gets called, what gets punished and for how much.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787197 is a reply to message #787196 ]
Fri, 04 June 2021 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 04 June 2021 10:28

DOPS continues to be baffling. I am not knocking the suspension. It may have been the hardest hit I have seen in a long time. Something you would see more of a few decades ago. He deserved to get a suspension. How many games? I don't know. He's not normally a dirty player, he's not even a physical guy as he barely touches anyone normally but he was definitely trying to blow the guy up. I was surprised it was 4 games, seems like a lot for a guy who has no history at all and normally never touches anyone given how they operate but I am not debating the amount.

But it's just another example of the NHL how how inconsistent they are. How one know what will happen, what gets called, what gets punished and for how much.

How many games would he have got if he just told Perros that he was trying to land a huge hit to send a message for the rest of the series that his team wasn't going to lay down? And that the head contact was purely accidental.

Probably 1 game :) People gotta know their audience. Lying to a guy that enjoys taking stars down a notch. Bad plan.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787198 is a reply to message #787196 ]
Fri, 04 June 2021 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Four playoff games no less - which we've heard in the past the NHL sees as basically the equivalent of 2-3 regular season games. So this is an 8-10 game regular season suspension!? For a first time offender on a hit that was clean other than the speed of attack??? Did Pronger get that much for stomping on the guy's leg with his skate?

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787202 is a reply to message #787198 ]
Fri, 04 June 2021 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 04 June 2021 11:14

Four playoff games no less - which we've heard in the past the NHL sees as basically the equivalent of 2-3 regular season games. So this is an 8-10 game regular season suspension!? For a first time offender on a hit that was clean other than the speed of attack??? Did Pronger get that much for stomping on the guy's leg with his skate?

McDavid got 2 games for a glancing shoulder that was said to be a head shot but that didn't even contact the head, so - this is about right in Parrosville.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787248 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Fri, 04 June 2021 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Man, Dubois is looking so slow and ineffective out there, when he should be going max out, can't believe how much can change in a couple of years, CBJ was looking genius taking Dubois instead of Puljujarvi in the draft, not now.

He's still young, but his trend line sure regressed.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787252 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Fri, 04 June 2021 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jets reliving what the Oilers went through against Price. Hoping for a sweep now. Get this crap done with and let's see Montreal get spanked in the semifinals

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787253 is a reply to message #787252 ]
Fri, 04 June 2021 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 04 June 2021 19:33

Jets reliving what the Oilers went through against Price. Hoping for a sweep now. Get this crap done with and let's see Montreal get spanked in the semifinals

That might be even better, give them some short-lived hope and glory and then watch the rug get pulled out in mid stride.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787271 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

6-1 powerplays for Tampa in this game. Their extra 18M of cap space scores 3 powerplay goals.

At least it's against Carolina who I hate equally.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787277 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Krejci spears Barzal in the nuts, gets a 5 min penalty for spearing, as he should... then they are ready to drop the puck and the refs suddenly get the "magic" call from NHL HQ telling them that NO it was only a "slash", spear is reversed, and penalty is now only 2 minutes... like spearing a guy in the nuts can be re-interpreted as a "slash" .. hmm... wondering if another team gets that call reversed.. NHL managing games from HQ now.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787278 is a reply to message #787277 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 05 June 2021 21:59

Krejci spears Barzal in the nuts, gets a 5 min penalty for spearing, as he should... then they are ready to drop the puck and the refs suddenly get the "magic" call from NHL HQ telling them that NO it was only a "slash", spear is reversed, and penalty is now only 2 minutes... like spearing a guy in the nuts can be re-interpreted as a "slash" .. hmm... wondering if another team gets that call reversed.. NHL managing games from HQ now.

That is one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen as it relates to officiating. Wow. Not to mention The Bruins are getting away with murder out there.

Playoff hockey is trash. NHL is bush league. Maybe I’m still bitter about our flop, but I really don’t find this to be “good hockey” at all.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787290 is a reply to message #787278 ]
Sun, 06 June 2021 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 05 June 2021 18:16

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 05 June 2021 21:59

That is one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen as it relates to officiating. Wow. Not to mention The Bruins are getting away with murder out there.

Playoff hockey is trash. NHL is bush league. Maybe I’m still bitter about our flop, but I really don’t find this to be “good hockey” at all.

No I agree, the playoffs, and the way they are reffed, have devolved the game to a hack and wack game of pin ball, pucks bouncing, crashing the crease to hack in a goal, the top-end skill and speed of the game have been dragged down to lower level, its hard to watch.

And yes, that was one of the most bizarre things I've seen, having a call "modulated" by NHL HQ.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787279 is a reply to message #787277 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 05 June 2021 18:59

Does Colin Campbell's kid still play for the Bruins?

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787280 is a reply to message #787277 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

That was so weird! And the commentator seemed to be instantly on board "it was mostly up and down motion! Not a front to back!" so apparently it made perfect sense that it was only 2. Better remember that the next time you want to nut shot someone, make sure your up/down to front/back ratio is in the correct range.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787291 is a reply to message #787280 ]
Sun, 06 June 2021 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 05 June 2021 18:22

That was so weird! And the commentator seemed to be instantly on board "it was mostly up and down motion! Not a front to back!" so apparently it made perfect sense that it was only 2. Better remember that the next time you want to nut shot someone, make sure your up/down to front/back ratio is in the correct range.

Yeah I caught that too.. the PxP guy and Gary Galley opinions did an about face the instant the call got changed, prior to that they were both saying it was an obvious spear. Its moments like that where you get indirect evidence, a "tell", that the on-air media guys are fearful of criticizing the NHL, and that their jobs depend on it, you won't find direct evidence such as a text, or email, but you can draw some conclusions from extrapolating media actions.

I can't think of any on-air NHL media guys that say what they really think, too bad

[Updated on: Sun, 06 June 2021 15:07]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787282 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Hall -3 and a fight in game 4 of the Hall vs Ebs battle. Hall's first fight since 2012!

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/13392

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787283 is a reply to message #787282 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 05 June 2021 21:43

Hall -3 and a fight in game 4 of the Hall vs Ebs battle. Hall's first fight since 2012!

Was that the fight he toe picked or whatever?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787284 is a reply to message #787283 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 05 June 2021 21:53

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 05 June 2021 21:43

Was that the fight he toe picked or whatever?

His last NHL fight was. Against Dorsett in 2011. Looks like his 2012 one was in the AHL during the lockout against Rousell.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787294 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Sun, 06 June 2021 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Avs vs LVGK #4
Oh man, just saw one of the worst ref calls this year, Avs get a PP off a legit trip, then ref evens it when a Vegas guy skates backwards into Makar who was just standing there, gets "interference", LOL, the ref actually invented a penalty out of thin air, this league so absolute bush.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787299 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Sun, 06 June 2021 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Vegas dominates Colorado for the 3rd straight game (with only 2 wins to show for it).

Thought Colorado was gonna sail to the semi's, but they have looked like crap 3 games in a row now.

Is the greatest playoff performer in NHL history that cranks it up to 11 every playoffs gonna fail to get to round 3 AGAIN? Little urgency needed. Cap hell starts for the Avs this summer.

guess this is why Vegas hired TheBore. If Vegas just did the whole trading chances have fun deal vs the Avs, they are probably done. They are locking down the Avs speed very well.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 June 2021 21:34]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787366 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Mon, 07 June 2021 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Uh oh. LOoking like Eberle >>> Hallsy.

Also wishing Pageau was an Oiler as usual when I see him in the playoffs. 2 2nds = AA. 1st and 2nd = Pageau. What a world we live in.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787367 is a reply to message #787366 ]
Mon, 07 June 2021 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 07 June 2021 18:16

Also wishing Pageau was an Oiler as usual when I see him in the playoffs. 2 2nds = AA. 1st and 2nd = Pageau. What a world we live in.

5 goals on 19 shots...not a great night for Rask. He's going to get buried by that Haggerty guy who hates him after this...

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787369 is a reply to message #787367 ]
Mon, 07 June 2021 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 07 June 2021 17:52

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 07 June 2021 18:16

5 goals on 19 shots...not a great night for Rask. He's going to get buried by that Haggerty guy who hates him after this...

The Bruins and Haggerty deserve each other lol!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787401 is a reply to message #787369 ]
Tue, 08 June 2021 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Did anyone notice Bruce Cassidy commenting on the reffing after the Bruins/Isles game last night? Complained that the Isles were getting calls they shouldn't, because they've tried to perfect an image with the officials. I didn't know coaches could still do that!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787406 is a reply to message #787401 ]
Tue, 08 June 2021 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 08 June 2021 10:30

Did anyone notice Bruce Cassidy commenting on the reffing after the Bruins/Isles game last night? Complained that the Isles were getting calls they shouldn't, because they've tried to perfect an image with the officials. I didn't know coaches could still do that!

Something Holland should have said something long ago. Not a Bruin fan, but thumbs up for Cassidy's rant. About time McDavd got some support from this meek franchise, give your balls a tug Holland!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787407 is a reply to message #787406 ]
Tue, 08 June 2021 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 08 June 2021 14:04

Adam wrote on Tue, 08 June 2021 10:30

Something Holland should have said something long ago. Not a Bruin fan, but thumbs up for Cassidy's rant. About time McDavd got some support from this meek franchise, give your balls a tug Holland!

He was given a 25k fine now.

Sorry, too risky. Tippett or Holland don't wanna lose that kind of cheddar.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 June 2021 14:09]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787372 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Mon, 07 June 2021 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Montreal completes the sweep.

Jets looked like trash. Only guy that showed up was Helly for the elimination game.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Pages (16): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]  
Previous Topic:NHL Pre-Season Schedule Begins September 25
Next Topic:Advertising Patches Coming to Jerseys
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca