This day on November 21
Departed: Jesse Boulerice (2008)

Happy Birthday To: Snowman99, gjlang

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of SenatorsPages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718360]
Mon, 10 September 2018 23:07 Go to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1039334041219084289

Man...Katz sucks, but at least he's not this lame. Why are they putting Borowiecki in that situation? So awkward.

And his plan. 10 new to the league players this year, and then 15 the next year...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/874/569/852.gif

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2018 23:11]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718363 is a reply to message #718360 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Oilers: we have an incompetent management with a history of PR blunders

Senators: hold my beer

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718367 is a reply to message #718360 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve  is currently offline Steve

No Cups

Borowiecki is a super fan-friendly player. He's the guy throwing pucks to kids (and making sure the shy kids don't get left out), posing for photos with anyone who asks, and signing autographs when everyone else has gone home. The fans love him. He's also from Ottawa. Melnyk thinks that by talking to Borowiecki, it will give himself more credibility.

I saw part of it, and it sure sounded like "Karlsson is getting traded and we're going scorched earth like the Oilers". And "I'm not going anywhere, so you'll have to cheer for this team in spite of me".

It's too bad you can't trade an owner. The Sens have the worst in the NHL.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Calvin

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718395 is a reply to message #718367 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Steve wrote on Tue, 11 September 2018 07:00

Borowiecki is a super fan-friendly player. He's the guy throwing pucks to kids (and making sure the shy kids don't get left out), posing for photos with anyone who asks, and signing autographs when everyone else has gone home. The fans love him. He's also from Ottawa. Melnyk thinks that by talking to Borowiecki, it will give himself more credibility.

I saw part of it, and it sure sounded like "Karlsson is getting traded and we're going scorched earth like the Oilers". And "I'm not going anywhere, so you'll have to cheer for this team in spite of me".

That was pretty awful to watch. As a veteran depth player, you wonder how Borowiecki must feel hearing that the team is looking to replace 75% of the roster within the next two seasons? That's Melnyk promising to turn over his job to someone else.

Although given where Ottawa's been at, he'd probably be happy for a parachute out of there.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718411 is a reply to message #718367 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Complete Hockey News @CompleteHkyNews

A source at Canadian Tire Centre says that the Ottawa Senators have less than 4,000 full season ticket packages sold for next season, per The Athletics’ Chris Stevenson.

Crazy. And I bet a lot of those 4000 are regretting it if they saw that stupid video.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718412 is a reply to message #718411 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 11 September 2018 15:55

A source at Canadian Tire Centre says that the Ottawa Senators have less than 4,000 full season ticket packages sold for next season, per The Athletics’ Chris Stevenson.

Crazy. And I bet a lot of those 4000 are regretting it if they saw that stupid video.

4000 is Oilers in the 90's bad. He's going to have to sell, it's nearing time when the NHL quietly steps in.

This is fine.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718416 is a reply to message #718411 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 11 September 2018 15:55

The worst thing is that you know Melnyk thinks he deserves better support from the fans...

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718423 is a reply to message #718360 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

2 Cups

If I was a Sens fan, this would suuuuuck.

As a hockey fan, this is super interesting. Can a team succeed with mostly no-name, low salary role players? Will they be any worse than the overpaid mediocre players other teams have? Can you succeed with players focused on single skills (ala Moneyball)? Do they go with mostly veterans, and try to with with experience? Do they go with mostly kids, and hope that those passed over have a chip on their shoulder?

It sounds like he wants to bring up prospects from within the system as opposed to signing new players (reportedly most of the 2015 draft class at once). If they go all in with this, it will be fascinating.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718424 is a reply to message #718423 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 11 September 2018 17:08

If I was a Sens fan, this would suuuuuck.

As a hockey fan, this is super interesting. Can a team succeed with mostly no-name, low salary role players? Will they be any worse than the overpaid mediocre players other teams have? Can you succeed with players focused on single skills (ala Moneyball)? Do they go with mostly veterans, and try to with with experience? Do they go with mostly kids, and hope that those passed over have a chip on their shoulder?

It sounds like he wants to bring up prospects from within the system as opposed to signing new players (reportedly most of the 2015 draft class at once). If they go all in with this, it will be fascinating.

The CapFriendly page for the Sens is amazing:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/senators

Only 11 players with contracts past this year off the current roster - B. Ryan, M. Gaborik,, C. MacArthur (LTIR), M. Boedker, Z. Smith, J.G. Pageau, M. Borowiecki, T. Chabot, B. Harpur, C. Anderson, M. Condon

Three more are RFAs - C. White, C. Ceci, C. Wolanin

Everyone else is UFA. with 6 more players (MacArthur, Boedker, Pageau, Borowiecki and both goalies) reaching UFA a year later.

Is there another team in the league who only has 3 players (Ryan, Gaborik, Smith) signed for longer than the next two seasons?

You have to think that the Sens are already working on deals for Stone, Duchene and Karlson...they're the ones who have real value, and they're all on expiring deals. If the Sens don't max out on those deals, they're in a lot of trouble. All three are relatively young UFAs to be, but it will be interesting to see if Ottawa gets fair value for them. My guess from that conversation is that they only want prospects and picks...which doesn't often work out with superstar trades...

The numbers he threw out about new players joining the team seemed really high, but looking at this, they don't have much of a choice now. The organization is toxic right now. Everyone wants out of there. You can't attract free agents if you can't keep a guy like Karlsson happy. They literally will be playing 12+ kids next year...anyone have any idea what their prospect depth looks like?

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718425 is a reply to message #718424 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Who makes the playoffs first?

Edmonton
Ottawa
Montreal
Vancouver
Seattle

This is fine.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718426 is a reply to message #718425 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 11 September 2018 17:44

Edmonton
Ottawa
Montreal
Vancouver
Seattle

Hahaha...that poll makes me sad.

I think it's Edmonton, simply because we have McDavid...He's that good. Imagine if we had even league average management...

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718428 is a reply to message #718425 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 11 September 2018 16:44

Edmonton
Ottawa
Montreal
Vancouver
Seattle

You forgot Mexico City. Arriba!

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #718430 is a reply to message #718428 ]
Tue, 11 September 2018 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 11 September 2018 18:45

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 11 September 2018 16:44

Edmonton
Ottawa
Montreal
Vancouver
Seattle

You forgot Mexico City. Arriba!

Is that where Carolina is moving? I suppose I could add the Sens future home too, Quebec City.

This is fine.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #719099 is a reply to message #718360 ]
Thu, 27 September 2018 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Man, Ottawa is a gong show this year.

Quote:

"It was probably the toughest discussion that I’ve ever had with a player," Dorion said of the decision to TSN's Brent Wallace. "Zack is a high-character player, he's the heart and soul of that dressing room, but at the same time, it was performance-related. We knew that is if we let the team know we are not going to accept what happened last year, including how Zack played, that hopefully the message would be passed to the room."

https://www.tsn.ca/dorion-waiving-smith-was-performance-rela ted-1.1181679

I'm not sure what he's hoping to accomplish, slagging a player like that in the media. Given that they have just traded away their top player for peanuts and seem to be staring down the barrel of a lottery pick season without their first round pick, I'd suggest the Senators players may think management has some performance-related issues.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #719105 is a reply to message #719099 ]
Thu, 27 September 2018 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 27 September 2018 07:59

Quote:

"It was probably the toughest discussion that I’ve ever had with a player," Dorion said of the decision to TSN's Brent Wallace. "Zack is a high-character player, he's the heart and soul of that dressing room, but at the same time, it was performance-related. We knew that is if we let the team know we are not going to accept what happened last year, including how Zack played, that hopefully the message would be passed to the room."

I'm not sure what he's hoping to accomplish, slagging a player like that in the media. Given that they have just traded away their top player for peanuts and seem to be staring down the barrel of a lottery pick season without their first round pick, I'd suggest the Senators players may think management has some performance-related issues.

Dorion is a lame duck. It's near impossible to tell how good of a GM he is, because I'm sure his boss is telling him to make this a cap-floor team, or else. When priorities have nothing to do with winning, weird stuff is going to happen. And Dorion is stuck trying to find ways to make himself look defendable in a non-defendable position.

The Sens are going to get a lot worse before they get better (if that ever happens). I'm worried about the sustainability of the franchise with the current owner.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Calvin

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #719107 is a reply to message #719105 ]
Thu, 27 September 2018 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Steve wrote on Thu, 27 September 2018 10:12

The Sens are going to get a lot worse before they get better (if that ever happens). I'm worried about the sustainability of the franchise with the current owner.

The most likely options seem a move downtown into a new building with a new owner or a move out of town completely. I don't see how Melnyk can repair the relationship with the fans... it's Pocklington bad there.

This is fine.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #719108 is a reply to message #719105 ]
Thu, 27 September 2018 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Steve wrote on Thu, 27 September 2018 10:12

Adam wrote on Thu, 27 September 2018 07:59

Quote:

Dorion is a lame duck. It's near impossible to tell how good of a GM he is, because I'm sure his boss is telling him to make this a cap-floor team, or else. When priorities have nothing to do with winning, weird stuff is going to happen. And Dorion is stuck trying to find ways to make himself look defendable in a non-defendable position.

That Turris/Duchene deal looks worse all the time. Ottawa gave up Turris, a first and third round picks, plus a prospect and Andrew Hammond (which was likely salary relief) for a guy who they're going to sell low on this year.

When Duchene and Stone are sold off, that team is going to be awful.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #719120 is a reply to message #719108 ]
Thu, 27 September 2018 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 27 September 2018 10:39

That Turris/Duchene deal looks worse all the time. Ottawa gave up Turris, a first and third round picks, plus a prospect and Andrew Hammond (which was likely salary relief) for a guy who they're going to sell low on this year.

Yet every time a guy like Hamonic comes on the market, many want to sell off prospects and draft picks because the Oilers have a 'window' and they need to 'win now'. The truth is, teams are built over time and big splashes rarely ever succeed. I couldn't understand the Duchene deal when it was made, and they compounded the issue by drafting Tkachuk instead of taking next years pick.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #719122 is a reply to message #719120 ]
Thu, 27 September 2018 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 27 September 2018 13:03

Adam wrote on Thu, 27 September 2018 10:39

Yet every time a guy like Hamonic comes on the market, many want to sell off prospects and draft picks because the Oilers have a 'window' and they need to 'win now'. The truth is, teams are built over time and big splashes rarely ever succeed. I couldn't understand the Duchene deal when it was made, and they compounded the issue by drafting Tkachuk instead of taking next years pick.

There's a few bizarre things about everything that happened:

- they dealt for Duchene in November last year. It seemed to make some sense at the time, given that they had just been to the Semi-Finals and they had the best defenceman in the game and a decent team. I think they overpaid to get him - they threw a lot of assets on what was essentially an upgrade from Turris - but if they thought that was what could get them over the hump and back to the Conference Finals, okay. But it sounds like the Hoffman/Karlsson thing had already started, so was the team just not aware of the fissures in the dressing room when they pulled the trigger?

- And knowing that they had dealt Hoffman, that they were dealing Karlsson, that Stone and Duchene are here on a limited time basis only...it was pretty bold to keep the 4th overall this year. They were in a tough situation either way, but that could conceivably be the first overall pick...and it's unlikely to be much lower than 4th...

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #719589 is a reply to message #718360 ]
Thu, 04 October 2018 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The Ottawa Senators dropped weird heavy beach balls on the crowd during warmups tonight.

The balls spilled a lot of beer and injured some children.

Photo: Kevin Lee - @BringBackLee

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dos83_AUYAIKsk3.jpg

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #720107 is a reply to message #719589 ]
Fri, 12 October 2018 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 04 October 2018 20:15

The Ottawa Senators dropped weird heavy beach balls on the crowd during warmups tonight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dos83_AUYAIKsk3.jpg

Is Melnyk like some real life character from The Onion?

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #720115 is a reply to message #720107 ]
Sat, 13 October 2018 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

[quote title=nullterm wrote on Fri, 12 October 2018 21:25]

Reminds me of this classic.

Start it at 22:00 .. Mr. Carlson.. punchline at the end..
premise: Its US Thanksgiving, radio station WKRP decides to do a turkey give-away promotion...

[Updated on: Sat, 13 October 2018 13:48]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #720190 is a reply to message #720115 ]
Sun, 14 October 2018 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teammate Avry  is currently offline Teammate Avry

No Cups

[quote title=Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 13 October 2018 09:58]
nullterm wrote on Fri, 12 October 2018 21:25

Reminds me of this classic.

Start it at 22:00 .. Mr. Carlson.. punchline at the end..
premise: Its US Thanksgiving, radio station WKRP decides to do a turkey give-away promotion...

I see what Melnyk did here. If he sends all the fans in Ottawa to the hospital they can't come to games, more inured Ottawa fans and an empty rink= an excuse to move to Houston.

Ever heard of Avrysports.com? If not go check it out.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #720911 is a reply to message #720190 ]
Wed, 24 October 2018 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

1 Cup

.....Borowiecki in a bit of hot water with the NHL....

https://www.nhl.com/news/mark-borowiecki-to-have-hearing-for -action-in-ottawa-game-against-boston/c-301236900

..."Mark Borowiecki will have a hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety on Wednesday.

The Ottawa Senators defenseman is facing discipline for elbowing Boston Bruins defenseman Urho Vaakanainen during the first period of Boston's 4-1 win at Canadian Tire Centre on Tuesday. No penalty was called on the play.

The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: elbowing. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review."...

....have not seen the tape of the incident, so can't express an opinion on the incident....seems like a lot of rookies are getting their bells rung, though....maybe their coaches and teammates need to show them how to protect themselves better....

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #720912 is a reply to message #720911 ]
Wed, 24 October 2018 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 24 October 2018 09:57

.....Borowiecki in a bit of hot water with the NHL....

https://www.nhl.com/news/mark-borowiecki-to-have-hearing-for -action-in-ottawa-game-against-boston/c-301236900

..."Mark Borowiecki will have a hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety on Wednesday.

The Ottawa Senators defenseman is facing discipline for elbowing Boston Bruins defenseman Urho Vaakanainen during the first period of Boston's 4-1 win at Canadian Tire Centre on Tuesday. No penalty was called on the play.

The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: elbowing. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review."...

....have not seen the tape of the incident, so can't express an opinion on the incident....seems like a lot of rookies are getting their bells rung, though....maybe their coaches and teammates need to show them how to protect themselves better....

It's ugly. Borowiecki really nails him with an elbow. Rookie had no reason to expect he was going to get it there either. I don't think it's on Vaakanainen.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #720932 is a reply to message #720912 ]
Wed, 24 October 2018 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

....Borowiecki suspended for one game...

https://www.tsn.ca/sens-borowiecki-suspended-one-game-for-el bow-1.1197537

...."Ottawa Senators defenceman Mark Borowiecki has been suspended for one game by the NHL's Department of Player Safety for his elbow to the head of Boston Bruins rookie defenceman Urho Vaakanainen in the first period of Tuesday's 4-1 loss."....

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #721240 is a reply to message #720932 ]
Mon, 29 October 2018 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

.....and Borowiecki does it again....

https://www.tsn.ca/borowiecki-to-have-another-hearing-monday -1.1200182

..."Borowiecki was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for charging after hitting Eakin deep in the Golden Knights zone with less than five minutes left in the first period. Vegas defenceman Jon Merrill fought Borowiecki just after the hit was delivered and received an instigator penalty and a game misconduct for his actions.

Golden Knights head coach Gerard Gallant came to the defence of Borowiecki, stating he doesn't believe there was any malice behind the body check."....

....I'm old enough to remember when teams sent video to the league office when they thought their players had been abused by the opposition...don't remember opposing coaches defending transgressions against their own players....still expect Borowiecki will be suspended for multiple games partly due to the recent incident....

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #721770 is a reply to message #721240 ]
Mon, 05 November 2018 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/cand id-camera-ottawa-senators-players-caught-on-video-joking-abo ut-team-badmouthing-coach

Oh man, the Sens are a train wreck.

This is fine.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #721771 is a reply to message #721770 ]
Mon, 05 November 2018 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 05 November 2018 21:22

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/cand id-camera-ottawa-senators-players-caught-on-video-joking-abo ut-team-badmouthing-coach

God, what I would have given for a video like that of Hall/Ebs/Nuge/Schultz talking about Eakins.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #721779 is a reply to message #721771 ]
Tue, 06 November 2018 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 05 November 2018 21:25

God, what I would have given for a video like that of Hall/Ebs/Nuge/Schultz talking about Eakins.

Some pretty amazing lines there. And it's not just a couple vets talking, it's SEVEN guys, including some rookies. This has to hasten the already guaranteed exit for Duchene, eh?

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #721869 is a reply to message #721771 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 05 November 2018 21:25

Why go that far back? 2017/18 season must of been a chirpfest for players. What a terrible season.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #721873 is a reply to message #721869 ]
Wed, 07 November 2018 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

....way, way off topic, but I don't often get the chance to bring one of my all time favourite Oilers into the discussion (yes, he of the velvet track suit)....

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/anson-carter-uber-drive rs-mcphee-1.4894952

....man, I absolutely believe in free speech, but welcome to the 21st century....anything you say can and will be held against you in social media, a court of law, or just because....

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #733822 is a reply to message #718360 ]
Fri, 22 March 2019 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Melnyk wasn't gonna let Nicholson steal the whole show yesterday.

https://www.tsn.ca/melnyk-next-six-months-critical-for-dorio n-and-hockey-ops-1.1277645

Quote:

Melnyk told Ottawa's CFRA 580 Radio Friday that trading , and at the trade deadline last month has set up an important summer for his management staff. He added, however, that the Senators will not rush in their rebuild.

"You don't do a rebuild with a short-term view. You've got to have, and it’s tough in sports, a five-year outlook and if you don't all you're doing is patching up. I know a team that you know that's done it for 53 years," Melnyk said referring to the Maple Leafs. "They've been selling out, but all they do is they've been patching up. Finally, they collapsed the team, said ‘We've got to a rebuild,’ but mistakes were made and somebody forgot about defence.

Burn!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/eugene-melnyk-key-senato rs-identify-real-fans/

Quote:

“I think the key for us is, first of all, to identify who is a Senators fan or not,” Melnyk said during an appearance on Prime Time Sports Thursday evening. “We tripped up one of these guys, or somebody did, and it turned out it was some little 12-year-old in Toronto that was upset with the Senators in general. I’m a high-profile person that is an easy a target, so let them do what they want to do. I basically ignore 99 per cent of it.

“For our fans that are real fans, we’re doing the best we can. All we can do is keep doing what we’ve been doing. We’ve had a great record for the past 15, 16 years,”

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #734395 is a reply to message #733822 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve.kreys  is currently offline steve.kreys

No Cups

could the sens move to Quebec city this off season? There are few people that are just sticking to their guns that it could happen

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #741873 is a reply to message #718360 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Man, the Senators of the last couple years are just cursed. So many weird stories out of there - here's one more.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-maple-leafs-defenceman-cody-ceci- files-statement-of-defence-against-8-6-million-lawsuit-1.135 5026

Ceci's a Maple Leaf now, but this all happened while he played for Ottawa.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #741956 is a reply to message #741873 ]
Wed, 28 August 2019 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 09:14

Man, the Senators of the last couple years are just cursed. So many weird stories out of there - here's one more.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-maple-leafs-defenceman-cody-ceci- files-statement-of-defence-against-8-6-million-lawsuit-1.135 5026

There PR guy likely never gets a day off. Lives in a constant state of “What next?”

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #742007 is a reply to message #741956 ]
Wed, 28 August 2019 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 28 August 2019 07:58

There PR guy likely never gets a day off. Lives in a constant state of “What next?”

"Sorry, did you say you set fire to one of your friends last night!?!?"

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #742009 is a reply to message #742007 ]
Wed, 28 August 2019 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 28 August 2019 16:35

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 28 August 2019 07:58

"Sorry, did you say you set fire to one of your friends last night!?!?"

"Honey, I'll be home late... yes yes please chill a bottle of the good stuff and leave a plate in the fridge for me... sorry."

This is fine.

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #742728 is a reply to message #718360 ]
Sun, 15 September 2019 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The fun never stops.

Matt Harris @mattfharris
Report: Mohegan Sun casino is suing Eugene Melnyk, the owner of the National Hockey League’s #Ottawa Senators over a $900,000 gambling debt. #ottnews #Sens

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators [message #744489 is a reply to message #718360 ]
Fri, 11 October 2019 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

The attendance at the latest Sens game was 9,204. This City won’t support a tanked season like Edmonton.

- Calvin

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Dylan Playfair (Riley from Letterkenny) interview
Next Topic:Evander Kane - Abuse of Official
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca