This day on May 18
None

Happy Birthday To: Johnny Upton, Oil and Spuds, pdechant, mrdrolet

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832944]
Wed, 01 May 2024 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
Congratulations to: CrusaderPi and MJ for predicting the score.

Edmonton to win:   86%
Los Angeles to win:   14%
14 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832963 is a reply to message #832944 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/MA_Route_12.svg/480px-MA_Route_12.svg.png

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832965 is a reply to message #832963 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

I vomited with joy. Wave Towel

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832966 is a reply to message #832965 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

This feels good!!! Hell yes !!!

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832979 is a reply to message #832963 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 01 May 2024 22:53

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/MA_Route_12.svg/480px-MA_Route_12.svg.png

Love it. Keep it going, Boys!!!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832967 is a reply to message #832944 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Woohoo!

Great to close this out. Another game in the slush pond with the Kings taking runs at guys all night was gonna be bad for our hopes in the next round.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832969 is a reply to message #832967 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 01 May 2024 22:56

Woohoo!

Great to close this out. Another game in the slush pond with the Kings taking runs at guys all night was gonna be bad for our hopes in the next round.

Thats a huge bonus.

It appears they might have gotten through this without any major injuries (to my knowledge). I’m sure there’s ice packs all around that room, but on the surface this turned out much better than I imagined. I’m such a pessimist.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832968 is a reply to message #832944 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1b/e2/76/1be276c3401fe615c2b30ec16c71b0b8.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832970 is a reply to message #832968 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Yeah baby!!!!

I’m tired and want to go to bed, but need to stay up and hear Hrudey cry. Should help me sleep better.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832972 is a reply to message #832970 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Nearly perfect 3rd period and we hear our 4th La Bamba of the post season... Only thing missing in the 3rd would have been a Skinner or Vinny empty netter, but we can't have it all.

Rest up oh mighty Oilers and get ready for our next challengers

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832974 is a reply to message #832970 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Mike wrote on Thu, 02 May 2024 01:59

Yeah baby!!!!

I’m tired and want to go to bed, but need to stay up and hear Hrudey cry. Should help me sleep better.

You & me both brother!

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832973 is a reply to message #832968 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Awesome win. As much as I love to hate on Doughty, he's one of those dudes that just loves playing hockey. Kinda like Ovi. He'll happily play the heel, so long as he's playing.

Bring on the Nucks or Preds. Vancouver hasn't faced our starting lineup post-Woodcroft yet, and Drai owns Nashville, so I'm not too worried about who we come up against. It's whoever comes out of the Central that worries me.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832971 is a reply to message #832944 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Whew! No more Adrian Kempe this postseason...it'll be an interesting offseason for the Kings with PLD's no trade clause kicking in July 1st.

Some lucky bounces going in our favor...but some unlucky ones such as the phantom bounce on Laferriere's goal.

Now we await what will come of this Nucks-Preds series...

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832977 is a reply to message #832971 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Thu, 02 May 2024 02:00

Whew! No more Adrian Kempe this postseason...it'll be an interesting offseason for the Kings with PLD's no trade clause kicking in July 1st.

Man he’s a good player. If I was Holland or whoever the GM is this off-season, I’d be calling Blake non stop. He is a stud. And only $5.5 for 2 more years. With a NMC kicking in July 1. Call up Blake right after the parade.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832976 is a reply to message #832944 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

OH YEAAAAHHHHH!!!

The MUST delivered a proper launching of the pants tonight!!

4 down, 12 to go lads. Enjoy this for a few days. Oh and cmon Preds!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832980 is a reply to message #832944 ]
Wed, 01 May 2024 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Well deserved series for the Oilers!

Nice to see a coach keep Draisaitl and McDavid split the entire way for once.

Rest up guys, you’ve earned it.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832983 is a reply to message #832944 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

It was pretty funny at the end of the game.. Knobloch is so low key.. he just started going down the tunnel to the dressing room.. the trainer had to call him back and tell him he had to go out and do the handshake line..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832984 is a reply to message #832983 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 01 May 2024 23:07

It was pretty funny at the end of the game.. Knobloch is so low key.. he just started going down the tunnel to the dressing room.. the trainer had to call him back and tell him he had to go out and do the handshake line..

My wife and I always say that Knoblauch looks mildly concerned he left the oven on at home.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832985 is a reply to message #832984 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 01 May 2024 23:13

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 01 May 2024 23:07

My wife and I always say that Knoblauch looks mildly concerned he left the oven on at home.

.. key word "mildly" :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832986 is a reply to message #832983 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 02 May 2024 00:07

Had he gone all the way down, we could have added that to Woody's leaning on the boards after the Flames win, to classic coaches reactions after win. Glad he didn't go down though as you can bet your life the Kings would be using it as motivation to lose in 4 next year

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832987 is a reply to message #832986 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Leia wrote on Wed, 01 May 2024 23:39

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 02 May 2024 00:07

Had he gone all the way down, we could have added that to Woody's leaning on the boards after the Flames win, to classic coaches reactions after win. Glad he didn't go down though as you can bet your life the Kings would be using it as motivation to lose in 4 next year

Yeah total opposite moves.. Woody came off as kinda cocky.. but Knoblach just honestly forgot.. he was leaving like it was the end of any other game.. forgot he had to say good bye to the other team first.. pretty funny.. surprised no one in the media scrums asked him about it after.. :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832989 is a reply to message #832944 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

Great win for our boys last night.

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832992 is a reply to message #832989 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

That was satisfying.

I really hate Doughty. I can't stand how much whining he does to the refs about how hard done by he or the Kings are when a play earlier he will slew foot a guy, our pitch fork him or drag a player to the ground and get no call.

The Kings must sacrifice things to the hockey gods every period because they get so many breaks. They could do that same dump 100 times and not have it bounce like it did last night.

Fiala is a diver, whiner and a rat.

Arvidsson and Anderson are dirty pukes.

A really easy team to hate so it was satisfying to beat them and they keep beating them in less and less games. The big boys once again rose to the occasion in a big game once again.

Skinner was solid.

Leon, holy crap. Man he was a horse and soooooo good, especially defensively.

Best part, the Oilers are getting at least 4-5 days rest between games.

I am sure the Kings will whine about the penalties. Moore hacks a guy hard in the stick and hands, that's a penalty. McDavid cuts to the middle and Gavrikov has his stick wrapped around his waist water skiing stopping him from skating. If a guy wants to complain about Fiala, I guess. But he was getting the call which I thought was soft, you don't need to sprawl out like superman. Be like McD, try to fight through it, don't show up the ref. AND he has a history of diving. AND he has a history with the refs that were on the ice. Dubois grabs Leon by the arm and shoulder and rips him backwards. Doughty hacks the crap out of Holloway to save a goal. THEY ARE PENALTIES!! Don't do them.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2024 08:19]

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832994 is a reply to message #832944 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Loved that I could watch the last 15 min in bed (thanks to this being on ESPN, not TBS) and it was great to watch them close it out.

Glad they stayed healthy, and we can watch Vancouver/Nashville fly back and forth half way across the continent, and not play until Friday. Every extra day and mile on the next round foe is a plus.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #832998 is a reply to message #832994 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I know there are series still left to be decided but does anyone know what the seniority is for Sportsnet Announcers? Just curious that once all the series are decided if we are stuck with Singh or is he the lowest seniority wise that regardless, someone else will do the call next round?

I just can't stand Singh. I don't like the ton of his voice. I don't like how he calls goals. I don't like his insight and I find him boring. I dread his calls every time the Oilers are the late game on a Saturday because he always gets the call.

I am also of the opinion that as a Canadian broadcaster, unless it's 2 Canadian teams playing where you should try to be neutral, you should be ramping up the energy a little bit more for the Canadian team. It was Oilers vs Kings. As a Canadian broadcaster, even if you aren't an Oilers fan, you should want the Oilers to win because it's better for business for your Canadian company. When I hear Singh yelling as loud or louder for a Kings goal, it pisses me off. You don't have to sound like you just came from a funeral when the Kings score but your level of excitement for a Kempe goal shouldn't match a Leon goal.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #833001 is a reply to message #832998 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 02 May 2024 10:35

I know there are series still left to be decided but does anyone know what the seniority is for Sportsnet Announcers? Just curious that once all the series are decided if we are stuck with Singh or is he the lowest seniority wise that regardless, someone else will do the call next round?

I just can't stand Singh. I don't like the ton of his voice. I don't like how he calls goals. I don't like his insight and I find him boring. I dread his calls every time the Oilers are the late game on a Saturday because he always gets the call.

I am also of the opinion that as a Canadian broadcaster, unless it's 2 Canadian teams playing where you should try to be neutral, you should be ramping up the energy a little bit more for the Canadian team. It was Oilers vs Kings. As a Canadian broadcaster, even if you aren't an Oilers fan, you should want the Oilers to win because it's better for business for your Canadian company. When I hear Singh yelling as loud or louder for a Kings goal, it pisses me off. You don't have to sound like you just came from a funeral when the Kings score but your level of excitement for a Kempe goal shouldn't match a Leon goal.

I can almost guarantee that if the Leafs don't advance, HNIC will have Cuthbert/Simpson come out west to do the Oilers series whether it's the Canucks or Predators (since this would be the only series involving a Canadian team). If the Leafs can advance then Cuthbert/Simpson will stay put and I assume the Oilers would get Singh/Debrusk again (or possibly the Canucks' team if it's an Edmonton/Vancouver affair).

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #833003 is a reply to message #833001 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

benv wrote on Thu, 02 May 2024 10:47

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 02 May 2024 10:35

I can almost guarantee that if the Leafs don't advance, HNIC will have Cuthbert/Simpson come out west to do the Oilers series whether it's the Canucks or Predators (since this would be the only series involving a Canadian team). If the Leafs can advance then Cuthbert/Simpson will stay put and I assume the Oilers would get Singh/Debrusk again (or possibly the Canucks' team if it's an Edmonton/Vancouver affair).

So, what you're saying is that we definitely get Cuthbert next round 😉

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #833004 is a reply to message #832944 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I'm trying to figure out how different this year's team is compared to the version we watched the last two years. I've settled on the defensive corp being better and the defensive support system being much improved. The Oilers looked downright competent holding a 1-0 lead on Sunday and wound down the time in the third yesterday very efficiently.

Is it unfair to say the Oilers blow at least one of those games last year?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #833005 is a reply to message #833004 ]
Thu, 02 May 2024 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 02 May 2024 11:12

I'm trying to figure out how different this year's team is compared to the version we watched the last two years. I've settled on the defensive corp being better and the defensive support system being much improved. The Oilers looked downright competent holding a 1-0 lead on Sunday and wound down the time in the third yesterday very efficiently.

Is it unfair to say the Oilers blow at least one of those games last year?

Vs last year one big difference is Hyman and Kane were both broken the entire playoffs. We didn't have the horses to have 2 lines attacking which makes us far easier to play against. Vinny has stepped up in a big way vs last playoffs, so we don't have an obvious D pair to try to run over. How much better Nurse/Ceci can play against high end offensive players still needs to be tested though. Skinners confidence wasn't already near zero to start the playoffs, so huge difference there too.

2 years ago drai and Nurse were both broken. Goaltending pretty consistently questionable. Avs were just way deeper too. For the LA series, I think LA played with way more speed and had more players peaking offensively with perfect timing for playoffs. The nothing to lose underdog hockey they played vs the Oilers, scared they might buckle under the pressure again, and choke like the 2 years before made an nice mix for a long series. No Ekholm too. Keith was getting walked in a lot of highlights of key goals against in those playoffs, including the last one that finished our year.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 May 2024 11:26]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #833023 is a reply to message #833005 ]
Fri, 03 May 2024 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

So if the Canucks-Preds go to game 7, we're playing Tuesday at the earliest? If it wraps up tonight, I wonder if we would play Sunday?

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #833031 is a reply to message #833023 ]
Fri, 03 May 2024 13:25 Go to previous message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 03 May 2024 08:04

So if the Canucks-Preds go to game 7, we're playing Tuesday at the earliest? If it wraps up tonight, I wonder if we would play Sunday?

I've heard Sunday is considered too soon to start that next series. Building availability in Edmonton and Vancouver kinda demands the series starts on Tuesday. That is the expectation.

Previous Topic:Keslers pad pull on Talbot
Next Topic:GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca