This day on May 28
Acquired: Mike Bishai (2002)

Happy Birthday To: solracer, hanna44, Qbert, Butters4Ever

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49) [message #798675]
Sat, 29 January 2022 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Montreal to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49) [message #798677 is a reply to message #798675 ]
Sat, 29 January 2022 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

That was a whooping. Good to see all 4 lines score. Still have zero confidence in Skinner (give me Kostko every time).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49) [message #798678 is a reply to message #798677 ]
Sat, 29 January 2022 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

OIL defence is still BAD. sorry. icon_neutral

wow. We think the OIL have a goaler issue... it could be worse (looks at HABS).

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49) [message #798679 is a reply to message #798675 ]
Sat, 29 January 2022 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Zero mcpoints on 7 goals. Time to start looking for the Lindros trade

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49) [message #798682 is a reply to message #798679 ]
Sat, 29 January 2022 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

go NUCKS! confused2

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49) [message #798684 is a reply to message #798682 ]
Sat, 29 January 2022 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

watchman wrote on Sat, 29 January 2022 19:04

go NUCKS! confused2

Might as well.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49) [message #798689 is a reply to message #798684 ]
Sat, 29 January 2022 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 29 January 2022 20:24

watchman wrote on Sat, 29 January 2022 19:04

go NUCKS! confused2

Might as well.

A Canucks regulation win puts the Oilers in 2nd in the pacific using points percentage

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49) [message #798691 is a reply to message #798675 ]
Sat, 29 January 2022 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Hate to say it, but the Oilers dominating an outmatched Habs team was rather dull. I've been conditioned to see the team down by a couple after one and wondering when the team might find some urgency in games, not this business of never being in real danger of losing the game.

Still, defensively, they still managed to regularly lose coverage in their own zone. Not much better than the habs in that respect at times tonight. I think they'll win more than they lose going I to the 2nd half, but the deficiencies are still obvious. Tip's probably got the rudder for the balance of the season, it seems.

The absolutely empty building in Mtl is a joke at this stage of the covid saga in my opinion. Politics.

Ben Chiarot a -5 for the night. That has to feel like a kick in the nuts. Rough.

Should be a more spirited and entertaining game in Ottawa, and they're dogs going into Washington until they prove otherwise.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 January 2022 23:29]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49) [message #798715 is a reply to message #798691 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

K.McC#24 wrote on Sun, 30 January 2022 02:08

Hate to say it, but the Oilers dominating an outmatched Habs team was rather dull.

See, I thought the opposite. That’s exactly what we haven’t done for many years - beat the teams we should. And handily. So even though I’m not planning a parade for beating up on that sad sack team, I am happy to see them finally win a game by more than a goal or two.

Plus, i have 3 standing beer bets for all Oilers-Habs games, so that’s extra sweet.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49) [message #798719 is a reply to message #798715 ]
Mon, 31 January 2022 08:36 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

3 Cups

The Habs where grossly over matched, there is no debate about that but I do not see any negative in that game.
They got a brand new player in Kane and put him with McD. With zero practices with the team and him not playing for a month, he's going to be rusty. Plus he's learning a new center. It will take time. So having an easier game like this helps get rid of that. Bonus that he got a goal his first game so hopefully he's feeling good.

During the Oilers bad stretch, Leon and McD didn't play well. Leon is going again. So getting a couple keeps him rolling plus another game where that line looked good and dangerous. I really wanted JP to get a goal because he's been very cold for a long time and needs to get going.

Brand new line in Hyman - Nuge - Kassian. Both Hyman and Nuge first games back in a bit. That line needs to build chemistry so an easy game helps with that. Plus Hyman hadn't scored in a long time with a combination of injury, being sick, recovering. Hopefully getting a couple gets him rolling. Nuge hasn't played a game in a month. Points wise, he's been fine on the PP, lousy 5 on 5. He got a 5 on 5 goal so hopefully that gets him going 5 on 5.

The new 4th line got a goal.

Regardless of the competition, these guys feed on confidence and a lot of their confidence comes from producing offense. Lots of guys got long needed goals, I hope it keeps rolling. When the Oilers play well and play with confidence, holes and all, they can be an extremely dangerous team.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #50)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #49)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca