F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » CBJ G Matiss Kivlenieks passes
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 CBJ G Matiss Kivlenieks passes [message #788609]
Mon, 05 July 2021 11:17 Go to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

CBJ loses G Matiss Kivlenieks to freak July 4 mishap. Pretty sad.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1412062778651648000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: CBJ G Matiss Kivlenieks passes [message #788610 is a reply to message #788609 ]
Mon, 05 July 2021 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 05 July 2021 11:17

Americans and their fireworks. (I know he's not American but he was celebrating 4th of July)
Never fails someone dies from firing off fireworks and clearly doing it dangerously. If you are having to jump out of your hot tub to get away from getting hit, they obviously were put in a spot that was way too close.

Re: CBJ G Matiss Kivlenieks passes [message #788623 is a reply to message #788610 ]
Mon, 05 July 2021 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 05 July 2021 10:41

Americans and their fireworks. (I know he's not American but he was celebrating 4th of July)
Never fails someone dies from firing off fireworks and clearly doing it dangerously. If you are having to jump out of your hot tub to get away from getting hit, they obviously were put in a spot that was way too close.

Apparently the first reports were incorrect, he got hit directly in the chest by a "mortar style firework blast". Hope it wasn't some a-hole shooting off roman candle type fireworks directly at people..

Quote:

Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks died on Sunday night, and according to a medical examiner, the cause of his death was chest trauma from a mortar-style firework blast, not from a fall, which is what police initially reported.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: CBJ G Matiss Kivlenieks passes [message #788626 is a reply to message #788623 ]
Mon, 05 July 2021 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 05 July 2021 16:13

Apparently the first reports were incorrect, he got hit directly in the chest by a "mortar style firework blast". Hope it wasn't some a-hole shooting off roman candle type fireworks directly at people..

Quote:

Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks died on Sunday night, and according to a medical examiner, the cause of his death was chest trauma from a mortar-style firework blast, not from a fall, which is what police initially reported.

I heard that as well. You have to think that whoever he was with was probably doing something kind of dumb if he took a firework in the chest. That screams someone was drunk and holding fireworks shooting them all over the place.

Re: CBJ G Matiss Kivlenieks passes [message #788835 is a reply to message #788626 ]
Thu, 08 July 2021 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 05 July 2021 16:36

Quote:

I heard that as well. You have to think that whoever he was with was probably doing something kind of dumb if he took a firework in the chest. That screams someone was drunk and holding fireworks shooting them all over the place.

That’s purely speculation. A dog could have knocked it ascue. I’ve seen dogs go nutty around these things at times. A bad mount. There are a number of possibilities here.

I agree about the USA and their access to fireworks though. It shocks me whenever I visit. These things should require a license, training etc.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam

Re: CBJ G Matiss Kivlenieks passes [message #788838 is a reply to message #788835 ]
Thu, 08 July 2021 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Thu, 08 July 2021 18:27

Quote:

That’s purely speculation. A dog could have knocked it ascue. I’ve seen dogs go nutty around these things at times. A bad mount. There are a number of possibilities here.

I agree about the USA and their access to fireworks though. It shocks me whenever I visit. These things should require a license, training etc.

15,600 people hospitalized from fireworks injuries last year and 18 dead. Two thirds of those came around July 4th.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/07/02/july-4 th-fireworks-most-common-er-injuries/7839299002/

That’s a pretty incredible toll that’s taking. I have to imagine in Canada our fireworks casualty numbers are a tiny fraction of that.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: CBJ G Matiss Kivlenieks passes [message #788865 is a reply to message #788838 ]
Fri, 09 July 2021 12:39 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 08 July 2021 20:56

g2k wrote on Thu, 08 July 2021 18:27

Quote:

15,600 people hospitalized from fireworks injuries last year and 18 dead. Two thirds of those came around July 4th.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/07/02/july-4 th-fireworks-most-common-er-injuries/7839299002/

That’s a pretty incredible toll that’s taking. I have to imagine in Canada our fireworks casualty numbers are a tiny fraction of that.

I have some old family reunion footage involving a couple cousins and some mortars that tipped over and went off sideways and some that went off prematurely. The two of them silhouetted against the flashes, running for cover on a lake beach. Hilarious and frightening at the same time.

Previous Topic:Sens hire Pierre Maguire
Next Topic:Arvidsson to Kings
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca