Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Nashville to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497368 is a reply to message #497367 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oil Tycoon  is currently offline Oil Tycoon

No Cups

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! Good to see (hear) them play a full 60. JDD- what a game! Up next- the team I hope wins tonight.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497369 is a reply to message #497367 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

No Cups

Good job boys!! that's a huge monkey off our backs in Music City!!

"McDavid is as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years." Gretzky

"I think it goes without saying that there is a lot of pressure on me," McDavid

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497370 is a reply to message #497367 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

Wow, someone predicted that? good call.

Nice game, way to keep pouring it on, especially against NSH who we never seem to win against.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497372 is a reply to message #497370 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LumberingD  is currently offline LumberingD

No Cups

So very sweet. Nice to play the full 60min too, even a 5-1 lead can go away, just ask the Flames.

“Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. - Henry Ford

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497374 is a reply to message #497370 ]
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Best game / result for the Oilers since game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals? Off the top of my head I ca't think of anything else.

Whoever is running the online feed of Cal/Chi has started flipping channels. angryfire

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497375 is a reply to message #497370 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huynh  is currently offline huynh

No Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 20:26

Wow, someone predicted that? good call.

Nice game, way to keep pouring it on, especially against NSH who we never seem to win against.

That was a really nice win. The team didn't dominate but they capitalized on the chances that they got.

JDD was really good. 40 Saves.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497371 is a reply to message #497367 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raggamuffin Rascal  is currently offline Raggamuffin Rascal

No Cups

How was anyone a - in this game? Jeez...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497373 is a reply to message #497367 ]
Oilbud  is currently offline Oilbud

No Cups

It didn't seem like 40 shots... maybe it's because of the 7 powerplays for Nash.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497376 is a reply to message #497367 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilbud  is currently offline Oilbud

No Cups

I thought that was the best showing for Penner in a while.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497379 is a reply to message #497376 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhino  is currently offline rhino

No Cups

And Calgary completes the choke job of the year. Seabrook in OT and this is the best Thanksgiving in a long time!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497382 is a reply to message #497379 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoCrazy18  is currently offline GoCrazy18

No Cups

Everything feels very right tonight with all the bounces going the Oil's way for once and karma reeking havoc on the Flames. Deslauriers looked awesome as well.

And to top it off, the Leafs got slaughtered at MSG to remain winless.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 October 2009 20:49]

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is: never try."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497386 is a reply to message #497382 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

nice. Imagine giving up the #1 overall for Kessel :P

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497390 is a reply to message #497386 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The Leafs gave up consecutive first rounders for Kessel. That could become an all time bad trade. I think we'll be arguing whether the Leafs are historically bad or just generationally bad for the next few years.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 October 2009 21:05]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497401 is a reply to message #497390 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

The best part about the Kessel thing, is if the Bruins get the top draft pick and then go on to win the Cup with him.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497385 is a reply to message #497379 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

1 Cup

rhino wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 20:42

And Calgary completes the choke job of the year. Seabrook in OT and this is the best Thanksgiving in a long time!

Burke/Wilson and the rest of the Leafs losing 7-2 helps as well...especially with them not even having their first round pick next year.

great game at the Sommet Center (not something we have been able to say in a looong time). These two wins without Souray in the lineup are huge as well.

Congrats to the "Treads" guy that picked tonight's score correctly.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497381 is a reply to message #497376 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I've been happy with Penner all year. He looks like a new player out there.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497391 is a reply to message #497381 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkknight  is currently offline darkknight

No Cups

Didn't watch or listen to the game but from what i can tell from JDD, had we seen this goalie the last 20 games of last year instead of riding Rollie to try and get a last gasp playoff berth, we may be 4 mill a year lighter right now salary cap wise with Khabi.

He shoots, he Sykoras

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497393 is a reply to message #497391 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

By the way, the Oilers are fifth in the west 2 points out of first with a game in hand.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497396 is a reply to message #497391 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MoogintheHOF  is currently offline MoogintheHOF

No Cups

I agree, great game by JDD but it was one game, remember when most of us were praising him last year with his quick start? And even though they got 40 shots the Preds appear to be offensively challenged. Khabi will be the guy to carry us to the playoffs, no doubt there.

Very impressed with the team, the effort has been there basically every game so far - can they keep this up?? I think so - lots of energy guys on this team - Stone, Brule, Stortini, even Penner! Hopefully that first goal will get Horcoff going.

My morning will be a little easier in NE Calgary with the Oil winning and the Flames blowing that lead!

Isn't this right? [message #497398 is a reply to message #497396 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

JDD had that great weekend in NYC and another game... first stars both?

After that he pretty much served up crap and tied up MacT hands.

Re: Isn't this right? [message #497471 is a reply to message #497398 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

AY wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 21:15

JDD had that great weekend in NYC and another game... first stars both?

After that he pretty much served up crap and tied up MacT hands.

Deslauriers looked better last night than he did in his games against NJ and NYR last year...I remember thinking that despite the fact we won and he made a lot of saves, that there was a real problem with rebound control and we just were lucky that our guys were getting to those rebounds in those two games.

I only saw the third last night, but he seemed to be doing a lot better...Hopefully it's something he's worked out. Ideally, the organization has a really tough decision next year between him & Dubnyk...and for that to happen, he's got to be strong when he's in goal this year.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Yeah... [message #497397 is a reply to message #497391 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

the JDD from last season to tonight.

Night and day.

Post-game Quin talked about a "rough start"... that #37/Gilbert combo deluxe vs. anyone's top line is trouble in the making but somehow (JDD) the team survived.

Hat's off to Stortini for making the most of it. Core member Horcoff finally converts. Comrie and Cogs keep puttin' up points. Brule continues to help us forget MAP and his vapid worthlessness.

MAP and his [message #497399 is a reply to message #497397 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

vapid worthlessness. That's solid analysis right there.

Good information CP... [message #497402 is a reply to message #497399 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

that's what the unwashed masses cry for!

Good information!

MAP?

(Andy spits on ground)

Re: Yeah... [message #497478 is a reply to message #497397 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

AY wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 21:13

Night and day.

I assume this is simply a comment regarding his existence relative to our coaching staff? I don't know how anyone could judge JDD as a player based on our last season.

Pretty awesome game. Can't recall the last time the oilers kept pushing after getting a 2-3 goal lead. For the last decade that was the cue to go into full retard mode (unless we were horribly embarrassed in our last game and were trying to make up for it with 1 great game, usually followed by 2 more crappy ones).

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Yeah... [message #497490 is a reply to message #497478 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oobga wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 12:48

AY wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 21:13

Night and day.

I assume this is simply a comment regarding his existence relative to our coaching staff? I don't know how anyone could judge JDD as a player based on our last season.

Pretty awesome game. Can't recall the last time the oilers kept pushing after getting a 2-3 goal lead. For the last decade that was the cue to go into full retard mode (unless we were horribly embarrassed in our last game and were trying to make up for it with 1 great game, usually followed by 2 more crappy ones).

Well, Deslauriers did play in 10 games last season. And he consistently showed a habit of giving up greasy rebounds. It cost the Oilers several goals against. Great example was the last game of the season against a Calgary team playing only 15 skaters and dressing their winless backup. Deslauriers was awful in that game.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Yeah... [message #497579 is a reply to message #497490 ]
Wed, 14 October 2009 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 14:27

Well, Deslauriers did play in 10 games last season. And he consistently showed a habit of giving up greasy rebounds. It cost the Oilers several goals against. Great example was the last game of the season against a Calgary team playing only 15 skaters and dressing their winless backup. Deslauriers was awful in that game.

He did win the Calgary game before that though. Just looking back at the stats, we allowed 45 shots on JDD in that last completely pointless game. He still had a .911 save % after the loss, AND those were his first games in over 2 months. He played a whole 4 games after Nov 30th. The stats are actually pretty funny to go through. In November, he wins 2 games letting in 3 goals, but loses the next, so MacT sits him for 2 weeks. Then, the nail in the coffin, he loses the next one so MacT sits him for 2 months. Sweet.

I know this is kinda petty and you're all just saying he's better now. Still, I can't let go of the fact that the guy shoulda played 20+ games last year and he would have looked fine doing it if not for one guy that I thank god isn't picking players for team canada :) I'll give it a rest now, haha.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 October 2009 12:26]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Yeah... [message #497591 is a reply to message #497579 ]
Wed, 14 October 2009 13:01 Go to previous message

6 Cups

oobga wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 12:22

Adam wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 14:27

He did win the Calgary game before that though. Just looking back at the stats, we allowed 45 shots on JDD in that last completely pointless game. He still had a .911 save % after the loss, AND those were his first games in over 2 months. He played a whole 4 games after Nov 30th. The stats are actually pretty funny to go through. In November, he wins 2 games letting in 3 goals, but loses the next, so MacT sits him for 2 weeks. Then, the nail in the coffin, he loses the next one so MacT sits him for 2 months. Sweet.

I know this is kinda petty and you're all just saying he's better now. Still, I can't let go of the fact that the guy shoulda played 20+ games last year and he would have looked fine doing it if not for one guy that I thank god isn't picking players for team canada :) I'll give it a rest now, haha.

Honestly, I don't think any coach, with his job resting on making the playoffs, would have chosen to put him in down the stretch.

And remember, in the games where he came in in relief...Detroit and Buffalo come to mind...Deslauriers looked TERRIBLE. Now the team didn't play well in those games, but still, if you're trying to get your foot in the door, you need to have a better showing than he did when you do get an opportunity to play.

No hidden agenda here Lt.... [message #497536 is a reply to message #497478 ]
Wed, 14 October 2009 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Merely another astute chapter in the Good Information Provider business.

Performance. The performance on the ice.

The truth is always on the ice.

Enough with the coaching claptrap too, hell, Quinn even trotted out MacT's ol' pool analogy line on the weekend. Not what'cha make... it's what you leave.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497394 is a reply to message #497367 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Storts with the fight and double G, JDD put on a clinic. Now that's a road win you can be proud of.

And at the same time, Calgary drops a 5-0 lead to lose in OT vs Chicago.

Good times. icon_biggrin

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Great win boys. [message #497404 is a reply to message #497394 ]
Joanie  is currently offline Joanie

No Cups

I listened online from the Tampa Bay Lightning game. Brutal trying to listen while it buffers every 30-60 seconds though!!

Building For The Future

Re: Great win boys. [message #497407 is a reply to message #497404 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Joanie, check in here before you listen to a game online. We could have found you an online television feed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497405 is a reply to message #497367 ]
azashi  is currently offline azashi

No Cups

The score makes me kinda happy. I mean, JFJ getting another point and being only 48 from saving me from eternal humiliation is nice.

But Calgary blowing a 5-0 lead to lose in OT is sweeter. Much, much sweeter. Let me taste those tears, CP.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497409 is a reply to message #497367 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Joanie... Completely off-topic, but I noticed you mention you were in Tampa now. Were you by any chance at the U2 show on Friday? I made the drive from Miami. Amazing experience. I was just wondering.

Gee MR... [message #497411 is a reply to message #497409 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

wrong generation there, feller.

Joanie's more there for the Tom Jones/Tony Bennet sounds!

Gee AY [message #497447 is a reply to message #497411 ]
Tue, 13 October 2009 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joanie  is currently offline Joanie

No Cups

AY wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 21:28

wrong generation there, feller.

Joanie's more there for the Tom Jones/Tony Bennet sounds!

Tony Bennet is a little before my time ! I DO remember loving Tom Jones, tho.

No we didn't go to see U2. They were expecting over 70,000 !!!!

We are going to see a concert, Celtic Thunder, they're more my speed. Saw them in Edmonton a few months ago and just love their music.

Building For The Future

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497410 is a reply to message #497367 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

I think tonight has made a bit of a believer out of me. I picked the Oilers to lose this game, because Nashville is a team they SHOULD beat, and coming off a big win against Montreal, these are exactly the type of games I am used to the Oilers losing.

That they came out and played hard and won like they did is surprising, and kind of a revelation. Maybe Quinn/Renney is able to change the culture of this team.

I'm wishing I would have skipped the homework and watched the game tonight.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497412 is a reply to message #497367 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MyBestGuess  is currently offline MyBestGuess

1 Cup

To Treads78, who predicted this score, I say good day, sir. icon_thumbsup

Oilers Goal Horn
http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=6B5D44535654

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5) [message #497429 is a reply to message #497412 ]
Mon, 12 October 2009 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Treads  is currently offline Treads

No Cups

MyBestGuess wrote on Mon, 12 October 2009 21:31

To Treads78, who predicted this score, I say good day, sir. icon_thumbsup

Nice work little brother.

Faster than Pronger's retreat
More powerful than David Frost's Ego,
Able to leap small d-men in a single bound...

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #6)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca