This day on May 13
None

Happy Birthday To: Devon, Shauno99, TruckerD, WhoreableGuy, patd, Gino, oilergrl, Bo Dangles

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #30)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to nested viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #30) [message #779514 is a reply to message #779493 ]
Mon, 15 March 2021 09:18 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I really thought winning this game would be pretty tough. Back to back. Canucks had been sitting at home waiting. They were playing decent and their goalie Demko was lights out.

I was fairly happy with the effort. I thought the Oilers had the better chances and Demko was excellent. The Canucks blocked a TON of shots. The first Canucks goal I don't really know what to say. I've never seen a goal like that. There were 7 guys and a goalie in the crease. The refs keeps yelling it's loose. If you watch the replay, both Horvat and Pearson are literally pushing the pile to get the players over the line. Eventually they pushed the players far enough that the puck went over the line. I've seen refs whistle the play dead where the puck is laying on the ice wide up and you can see it from the blue line. This guy lets it go on for almost 30 seconds with 8 players in the crease, pucks under guys arms, legs, asses. I guess so?

A couple of breakdowns on the Canucks second goal. Myers was allowed to be wide open at the top of the circle to walk in an lean into it. He has a bomb and he places it probably exactly where it had to go to score. He could see it but there were players all around Koskinen to be a distraction. It goes far side, top corner, blocker side. If an Oiler scored that exact goal, we'd all be saying what a fantastic shot that was. I don't blame the goalie on that one. It was on hell of a shot and I think a player had to miss his shot a little for the goalie to save it as that's a extremely difficult save to make.

I am not blaming this on the refs but they didn't do any favors either. I described the baffling goal. A couple of times I saw McD dragged to the ice. There was 1 replay where the Canuck basically did a football tackle of him.

I thought the Oilers deserved to get a point from that one.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 March 2021 09:29]

Send a private message to this user  

Read Message Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #30)
By: OilFans on Sat, 13 March 2021 22:30
Read Message Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #30)
By: K.McC#24 on Sat, 13 March 2021 22:43
By: Leia on Sat, 13 March 2021 23:50
By: Adam on Sat, 13 March 2021 23:53
By: Dragon_Matt on Sun, 14 March 2021 11:05
By: K.McC#24 on Sun, 14 March 2021 14:33
By: Adam on Sun, 14 March 2021 15:22
By: Slim Jim Phantom Call on Sun, 14 March 2021 03:51
By: Oscargasm on Sun, 14 March 2021 08:47
By: RDOilerfan on Mon, 15 March 2021 09:18

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #31)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #30)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca