This day on April 29
None

Happy Birthday To: eightythree, yanner39, Smid4Life, Oil Spill, Ginjanna, Sopranosbaby, epower, Brewer84, rufeo01, OilCup2017

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Leon Wins the Hart and Lindsay!
Switch to flat viewSwitch to nested viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Leon Wins the Hart and Lindsay! [message #767011]
Tue, 22 September 2020 13:51 Go to previous message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

A major accomplishment from Leon Draisaitl that warrants its own thread. He has exceeded every expectation.

https://www.nhl.com/news/edmonton-oilers-forward-leon-draisa itl-wins-hart-trophy/c-319122878

Quote:

"It's a big deal for me," Draisaitl said. "You know, at the same time, I know that there's so many people that have helped me get to this point, and there's so many people that I have to thank, you know, family, friends, coaching staff, they trust in me, my teammates, most importantly, the fans. There are so many people that, you know, play such a big role in this and they don't get much recognition, so just from my side, it's a huge thank you to all those people."

Draisaitl also won the Ted Lindsay Award as most outstanding player in voting by the NHL Players' Association after he led the League with 110 points (43 goals, 67 assists) and in points per game (1.55), assists, and power-play points (44). He was first among forwards in ice time per game (22:37), tied with Boston Bruins forward David Pastrnak for first in game-winning goals (10), and was second in even-strength points (66) and power-play goals (16). Draisaitl had 33 multipoint games and scored at least one point in 56 of 71 games.

"Obviously, I found some chemistry with [Kailer Yamamoto] and [Ryan Nugent-Hopkins]," Draisaitl said of his linemates. "We clicked at the end and had a good run, so that definitely helped. Again, the whole team throughout the entire year. Coaching staff, the trust they put in me and, you know, getting me out there over and over again even though I probably didn't deserve it at times. You know I'm just very thankful for that."

"It's a nice personal reward, or it's a nice personal … yeah, I guess, award for myself, but there's nothing that comes ahead of the Stanley Cup," Draisaitl said. "I think that's the same for any player in the League. And, you know, if I could hand those two awards back in for the Stanley Cup, I would do that in a heartbeat, and I think so would everyone else. So it's a nice day. I'm proud and I'm happy, for sure. But you know, my goal at the end of the day in my career is to win the Stanley Cup."

He is the first Germany-born player to win the Hart Trophy.

"It's a big honor," Draisaitl said. "Our hockey's getting much better (in Germany) and we're producing more and more players, so hopefully this will somehow give little kids maybe some more joy of playing hockey and starting hockey instead of other sports. If I can help with that in any way, then I'd love to do that."

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Read Message Leon Wins the Hart and Lindsay! 
By: smyth260 on Tue, 22 September 2020 13:51
Read Message Re: Leon Wins the Hart and Lindsay!
By: GabbyDugan on Tue, 22 September 2020 15:38
By: K.McC#24 on Tue, 22 September 2020 16:12
By: Pseudoreality on Tue, 22 September 2020 20:35
By: CrudeRemarks on Tue, 22 September 2020 20:49
By: Adam on Wed, 23 September 2020 14:30
By: g2k on Mon, 28 September 2020 18:46
By: Kr55 on Mon, 28 September 2020 18:53
By: Rocksteady on Tue, 29 September 2020 09:46
By: CrudeRemarks on Tue, 29 September 2020 10:20
By: Dragon_Matt on Tue, 29 September 2020 12:35
By: Ragnarok73 on Wed, 23 September 2020 10:11
By: NZ Oiler Fan on Wed, 23 September 2020 10:22

Previous Topic:Oilers sign forward Adam Cracknell
Next Topic:Oilers sign Russell to an extension
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca