This day on May 9
None

Happy Birthday To: Alex Plante, Gregzky, noodles, mikeisthird, E-man the Oil Fan, foreveroil, darkknight

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to nested viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32) [message #748963 is a reply to message #748961 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Leia wrote on Sun, 08 December 2019 23:22

I can understand the reasoning, and I can't say in a similar situation I wouldn't do the same thing, but Tippett has to move away from McD and Drai as the only go to solution this team has. It was clear through the game that neither were particularly playing well and luck wasn't favouring either of them.

So why not send out the second unit first in OT, why did he persist with the first PP unit for so long when it wasn't working? We bemoan our secondary scoring, but if the primary scorers are having a off day, then give the others a chance, how must it feel to be stuck watching them two struggle as they did tonight, knowing that no matter what you won't get a chance.

I've seen Tippett do this a few times now and as I say I can see why he does it as all it takes is a bit of fortune for the top two guys, but I feel it hurts the team when it's clear it isn't going right for them. He'd bench someone off the other lines for the performance that Drai and McD put in tonight, and I'm not suggesting he goes that far, but reduce the shifts, let someone lead the team if they are playing well.

Apart from that moan, we blew this game in the first period, didn't really recover and once Drai had hit the post in the third you knew what was going to happen. I was just happy it went to OT, rather than them scoring with say 20 seconds to go which what would have happened a year or so ago.

Worth mentioning - I thought McDavid was decent. Had some great chances, including that cross-bar. His linemates struggled to hit him with passes, but I didn't think 97 was the problem this game. I thought Kassian and Draisaitl both had tough games.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Send a private message to this user  

Read Message Review: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32)
By: OilFans on Sun, 08 December 2019 20:30
Read Message Re: Review: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32)
By: Suomalainen on Sun, 08 December 2019 20:33
By: Ragnarok73 on Sun, 08 December 2019 20:33
By: clutchlikeeberle on Sun, 08 December 2019 20:34
By: Adam on Sun, 08 December 2019 23:12
By: overdue on Sun, 08 December 2019 20:39
By: Kr55 on Sun, 08 December 2019 21:04
By: Skookum Jim on Sun, 08 December 2019 21:15
By: Leia on Sun, 08 December 2019 23:22
By: Adam on Sun, 08 December 2019 23:25
By: Leia on Sun, 08 December 2019 23:39
By: Oscargasm on Mon, 09 December 2019 05:37

Previous Topic:Pregame: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32)
Next Topic:Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca