This day on May 2
None

Happy Birthday To: Oil Fan stuck in Cowtown, Filthy, Yozzy, oilymion, Blurr, mandingo, Smyty98

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Exit Interviews
Switch to flat viewSwitch to nested viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Exit Interviews [message #735339 is a reply to message #735273 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 08 April 2019 11:42

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 08 April 2019 09:07

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 08 April 2019 08:35

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 21:28

RDOilerfan wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 14:09

What a freaking CLOWN terry Jones is. He's the biggest joke in the Edmonton media. The media's trying to interview McDavid and his phone is ringing and then dinging so much it's actually so distracting McDavid has to stop and mention it. He's not a young kid who doesn't know any better.

I was able to watch some of the interviews. I really hope they resign Chiasson. There obviously is a price you can't go past but I want guys on the Oilers who want to be there. I want guys who want to be part of the solution rather than just collect pack checks. I want a guy who's seen as positive person on the team. When your 2 best players talk about him in that light and say he's a guy they want on their team, I think that means something.

The Lucic interview pissed me off. He talks about his training and what he does vs what everyone else in the league does. Guys around the league are working on their skating and skills. He says guys start skating in June. Lucic is in the freaking gym doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing. Then he goes. Well maybe I should start doing that. YOU THINK!! Then he goes on to talk about how the new GM will come in and maybe he's part of the solution and maybe not and if he's part of the solution, that's great. NO talk about signing with the Oilers and wanting to turn it around with this team. No talk about wanting be here. No talk about wanting to be part of the solution. Just said if I an here, great, if not, oh well. Unbelievable.

Just listened to the Lucic part. OMG, that stuff about how he doesn't train on ice like the younger guys. This guy is friggin unbelievable. What an idiot. How hasn't he realized his lack of puck skills has been one of the main reasons of his demise? Lack of speed too. How do you consistently measurably improve your skating by just being in the gym all summer with weights?

I was absolutely blown away by the Lucic interview. Everyone is training one way, you are doing the opposite and surprise surprise the results aren't coming for Lucic. He has his money and his security so it's pretty clear he's taken the foot off the gas but you'd think some short of personal pride would kick in. Who wants to be ridiculed over and over again for sucking. He's a laughing stock yet he doesn't think he should have changed his training? Unbelievable.

I honestly would not expect too much improvement if he actually did train like a modern pro. But, damn, his lack of awareness of what is needed to succeed in the league today, or his lack of willingness to sacrifice his training in the gym with celebs in California routine he's adopted, or maybe it's a combination of both. The guy is ridiculous and this pretty much reinforces that we should be getting rid of this guy any way we can. He's way too far gone now, and I highly doubt he changes his routine up much this summer even though he says he should think about it. He said similar things last year if I recall correctly.

If I remember correctly, last year when Gregor suggested he maybe look into a skills coach because even the elite guys use them, I think he even listed off Ovie, he laughed at him. I agree with you on Lucic, he won't improve as long as he's in an Oilers uniform. I don't think he cares enough.

I'm pretty good friend with a guy who close with a few of Lucic's former teammates. Apparently they were pretty shocked and - how do I put this kindly? - very skeptical when he signed his deal with the Oilers. They mentioned how he liked to visit the California vineyards more than the gym. They didn't expect that deal to work out well.

But I'm sure next September, after they can't find a way to move him, we will hear article after article about how Lucic is in the best shape of his career, just like we did this past season.

Send a private message to this user  

Read Message Exit Interviews
By: Kr55 on Sun, 07 April 2019 11:37
Read Message Re: Exit Interviews
By: JPro on Sun, 07 April 2019 12:53
By: steve.kreys on Sun, 07 April 2019 13:51
By: RDOilerfan on Sun, 07 April 2019 14:09
By: Ragnarok73 on Sun, 07 April 2019 14:58
By: Kr55 on Sun, 07 April 2019 15:28
By: CrusaderPi on Sun, 07 April 2019 15:38
By: Kr55 on Sun, 07 April 2019 21:28
By: RDOilerfan on Mon, 08 April 2019 08:35
By: Kr55 on Mon, 08 April 2019 09:07
By: RDOilerfan on Mon, 08 April 2019 11:42
By: K.McC#24 on Mon, 08 April 2019 14:17
By: mightyreasoner on Mon, 08 April 2019 16:27
By: overdue on Mon, 08 April 2019 19:41
By: Skookum Jim on Mon, 08 April 2019 19:50
By: Jay on Mon, 08 April 2019 08:42
By: Xombie on Sun, 07 April 2019 15:40
By: nullterm on Sun, 07 April 2019 18:02
By: nullterm on Sun, 07 April 2019 22:11
By: K.McC#24 on Sun, 07 April 2019 23:48
By: RDOilerfan on Mon, 08 April 2019 16:14
By: overdue on Mon, 08 April 2019 19:45

Previous Topic:NHL Draft Lottery 2015
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca