This day on September 28
Acquired: Eldon Reddick (1989) Kevin Lowe (1996)

Happy Birthday To: GagnerRocks, Scribe

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » A couple of interesting notes
Switch to flat viewSwitch to nested viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 A couple of interesting notes [message #674627]
Mon, 04 July 2016 13:25 Go to previous message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

3 Cups

First off please take this with a grain of salt. I am not professing to have direct inside info.

I had a chance over the long weekend to spend some time with an old friend of mine who has worked with the Oilers for a while. He is very careful to not disclose any conversation he has had that may be seen as details on upcoming trades/offers/etc but he when we do spend time together he often has some interesting nuggets of info.
- he expects Yak to be back to start the year at least. He hears that Chia and T-Mac would rather showcase him on a top line with Lucic and McDavid than give up on him for terrible trade offers. The best they have had so far is mid picks/bad prospects or as a throw in for other deals.
- Further to that he thinks there is a higher chance that Yak is in EDM with a new agent than being traded
- The brass expects Larsson to step in 100% as a shut down D man right off the bat and expect him to develop as a PP guy but are not counting on it.
- The belief is that his ability to keep the puck out of the net and shots to the outside will result in more efficient breakouts. This will maybe not see him get a lot of points but will be a driving force in getting the puck out of our end and thus into the hands of the skill guys up front.
- from what he has seen and been told locker room issues with Hall were over blown. Always treated staff around the room with respect. The day after the trade Hall called one of the lower staff to thank them for everything. Also sent a group email to a number of people including my buddy saying good bye and left his personal cell number for them to keep in touch.
- there was some that thought if McDavid was given the C over Hall he would not have been too happy. As was seen with his comments after Hall took the trade to heart. It wasn't ego necessarily that would drive his not wearing the C as a slight but just that he always saw himself as responsible for the start of the rebuild, wanted to see it through and wanted to be the leader.
- My friend wasnt talking about coaches and front office but many of the low level staff are concerned about Hall's body over time both given previous history and style of play. Some are speculating this is why Hall was made available.
- Lowe and Mclellan are rarely seen speaking to each other unless there is a camera around or it is some kind of event.
- Many expect puljujarvi to make the team but he will have to earn it. Especially if Yak is still around most figure he will be sent to the AHL as a last cut and called up later.

I think that is all I can remember. We were sitting around the fire into the wee hours and had a few drinks so if something else comes to mind I will add.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Send a private message to this user  

Read Message A couple of interesting notes  
By: PlusOne on Mon, 04 July 2016 13:25
Read Message Re: A couple of interesting notes
By: Pseudoreality on Mon, 04 July 2016 13:34
By: nullterm on Mon, 04 July 2016 13:37
By: Adam on Mon, 04 July 2016 13:40
By: Skookum Jim on Mon, 04 July 2016 14:12
By: DUFFMAN on Mon, 04 July 2016 13:49
By: George on Mon, 04 July 2016 14:28
By: Skookum Jim on Mon, 04 July 2016 14:34
By: RDOilerfan on Mon, 04 July 2016 15:10
By: Skookum Jim on Mon, 04 July 2016 17:46
By: jds308 on Mon, 04 July 2016 18:14
By: Skookum Jim on Mon, 04 July 2016 19:05
By: Pseudoreality on Mon, 04 July 2016 19:44
By: Skookum Jim on Tue, 05 July 2016 00:41
By: George on Tue, 05 July 2016 05:11

Previous Topic:The Larsson Alternative
Next Topic:Lucic, Demers and surprise big fish?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca