F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Erne signed
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Erne signed [message #825929]
Fri, 13 October 2023 14:45 Go to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-sign-adam-ern e-to-two-way-contract

I am sure some will get upset because it's not Lavoie as the 12th. I think it's foolish for Lavioe's development to have him up with the Oilers this season, maybe playing 8 mins a night because he doesn't kill penalties, even less when they are down or healthy scratched when they go 11-7.

He should be playing 20 mins a night in the AHL on both special teams.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Erne signed [message #825930 is a reply to message #825929 ]
Fri, 13 October 2023 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Most of his career, he's been Just-a-Guy. He did have one really good season in Detroit a few years ago there, so here's hoping we're getting the 2020-21 Adam Erne!

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130888

Also the idea that Lavoie needs a bunch more AHL time is kind of silly. He's got almost 140 AHL games under his belt so he's at a point where the team should be finding out soon if he's got what it takes to make the jump.

Oilers management for some reason loves older players who they're more sure won't do anything of note over younger players who might still produce.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Erne signed [message #825931 is a reply to message #825930 ]
Fri, 13 October 2023 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 13 October 2023 15:53

Most of his career, he's been Just-a-Guy. He did have one really good season in Detroit a few years ago there, so here's hoping we're getting the 2020-21 Adam Erne!

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130888

Also the idea that Lavoie needs a bunch more AHL time is kind of silly. He's got almost 140 AHL games under his belt so he's at a point where the team should be finding out soon if he's got what it takes to make the jump.

Oilers management for some reason loves older players who they're more sure won't do anything of note over younger players who might still produce.

Lol. Adam doesn't believe in seasoning his players.

I can't imagine that Erne gets the Oilers closer to a Stanley Cup, but running 21 players was always a bad idea. I'm glad that cap space is being eaten up, but I don't think he can play defense better than we're already watching.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Erne signed [message #825932 is a reply to message #825931 ]
Fri, 13 October 2023 16:54 Go to previous message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Similar to the (sorry for bringing it up again) Rob Schremp / Linus Omark situation of The Dark Days, but imo Lavioe should be there as a callup if one of our skilled top 6 guys gets injured, not as a part-time 3rd or 4th line grinder.

I'd rather he play 1st line minutes in the A than get called up to play 10 mins a night on the 3rd or 4th line (or to warm the bench while past-his-prime-aged career AHLer gets ice time.

Edit: LMAO the old "a fan should know how to spell Schremp" autocorrect blocker thing is still in place 10 years later!

Previous Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca