This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821690 is a reply to message #821689 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

If you think the game was fairly officiated, then we’re just not gonna have a common ground to settle on.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821691 is a reply to message #821690 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 22 April 2023 21:20

If you think the game was fairly officiated, then we’re just not gonna have a common ground to settle on.

Likewise if you think Gary is handing out scripts to the refs in the locker room before the game, we're not going to find common ground. It wasn't a well reffed game, but it wasn't unfair. Seems like we all have to pick one of the two options.

Like I said, if you truly think the games are rigged this sport isn't for you.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821692 is a reply to message #821691 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 22 April 2023 20:28

nullterm wrote on Sat, 22 April 2023 21:20

Likewise if you think Gary is handing out scripts to the refs in the locker room before the game, we're not going to find common ground. It wasn't a well reffed game, but it wasn't unfair. Seems like we all have to pick one of the two options.

Like I said, if you truly think the games are rigged this sport isn't for you.

It’s a great sport when officials aren’t unfairly influencing the outcomes, or becoming the story ahead of the two teams that are playing the game.

And as I stated, I don’t think Uncle Gary is handing out scripts. But I also can’t ignore the fact the Kings are getting preferential treatment from the officials.

When Klim is hauled down by a King and he gets a holding penalty, but a King stands over McDavid holding him down without a call… I can’t ignore that. Not the wicked two handed slash on McDavid that ended with him on the ground that was a no call.

“ Highest net-penalties so far these playoffs

7 — Los Angeles Kings
3 — Toronto Maple Leafs
2 — Carolina Hurricanes
2 — New York Rangers

Edmonton isn't getting any help from the refs.”

Kings have as many net penalty calls for them as the next three teams combined.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 April 2023 22:11]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821693 is a reply to message #821692 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Also, Drai also never slashed Doughty after the McDavid goal. But was still given a penalty.

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1649618503601889280?s=46& amp; amp;t=DKvfit-43PJ2gpC0xCAMGA

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821694 is a reply to message #821693 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 22 April 2023 22:15

Also, Drai also never slashed Doughty after the McDavid goal. But was still given a penalty.

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1649618503601889280?s=46& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;t=DKvfit-43PJ2gpC0xCAMGA

Just saw this. I was always wondering why Doughty never reacted at all. It's because he wasn't even touched.

That's one of the worse examples of game management I have ever seen. Panicky refs freaking out about giving us 2 goals with 2 PP's just desperately looking for anything to call.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821695 is a reply to message #821693 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 22 April 2023 21:15

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1649618503601889280?s=46& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;t=DKvfit-43PJ2gpC0xCAMGA

I have that video clip up above as a gif.. you know it wasn't a slash because Doughty didn't even turn his head to acknowledge it.

Regarding the bias.. if the dice keep rolling snake-eyes roll after roll .. defying standard probability.. you don't need to know how the dice are loaded to know they're loaded.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 April 2023 23:36]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821696 is a reply to message #821695 ]
Sun, 23 April 2023 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 22 April 2023 23:33

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1649618503601889280?s=46& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;t=DKvfit-43PJ2gpC0xCAMGA

I have that video clip up above as a gif.. you know it wasn't a slash because Doughty didn't even turn his head to acknowledge it.

Regarding the bias.. if the dice keep rolling snake-eyes roll after roll .. defying standard probability.. you don't need to know how the dice are loaded to know they're loaded.

Refs can just make up a penalty call out of thin air like that for game management and totally f a game up. But the league can't just use simple reason that as a puck is going through the air it is 99% likely that the stick caused it to not only change the direction it was moving, but also completely change how it's rotating because they are too scared to affect the game.

That's the NHL. And they seem to REALLY REALLY not want people to take it seriously.

We are definitely not alone, many fan bases have to see stupid stuff that makes no sense and leave the playoffs feeling like their team was scammed. Almost everyone sees the stupid game management garbage refs do and understand that the rules are just arbitrary and mainly exist to give reasons for the refs to make excuses to make calls when they feel the time is right (based on whatever dumb calculation is going on in their head, juggling factors like how to manufacture "fairness", how annoyed they are with one side, etc...). This league is just not able to figure it out.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821898 is a reply to message #821696 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 23 April 2023 00:04

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1649618503601889280?s=46& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;t=DKvfit-43PJ2gpC0xCAMGA

Refs can just make up a penalty call out of thin air like that for game management and totally f a game up. But the league can't just use simple reason that as a puck is going through the air it is 99% likely that the stick caused it to not only change the direction it was moving, but also completely change how it's rotating because they are too scared to affect the game.

That's the NHL. And they seem to REALLY REALLY not want people to take it seriously.

We are definitely not alone, many fan bases have to see stupid stuff that makes no sense and leave the playoffs feeling like their team was scammed. Almost everyone sees the stupid game management garbage refs do and understand that the rules are just arbitrary and mainly exist to give reasons for the refs to make excuses to make calls when they feel the time is right (based on whatever dumb calculation is going on in their head, juggling factors like how to manufacture "fairness", how annoyed they are with one side, etc...). This league is just not able to figure it out.

This is really concerning when the NHL seems joined at the hip with online gambling ventures.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821901 is a reply to message #821898 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 24 April 2023 08:21

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 23 April 2023 00:04

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1649618503601889280?s=46& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;t=DKvfit-43PJ2gpC0xCAMGA

This is really concerning when the NHL seems joined at the hip with online gambling ventures.

Think those same turd refs just went and make a joke of the Dallas/Minny game to get that series back to 2-2. Couple total phantom calls on Minny to help Dallas get the win.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821676 is a reply to message #821674 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

There are other, better angles.. but in this one you can see the rotation changes.. axis of rotation is horizontal to screen (going up).. hits stick and axis changes to vertical to screen (going down). Clear contact.
Further evidence is that you can tell from View 2 that the puck is going straight towards the glass.. so when you consider that fact in context with the other views (1 & 2), you can tell its trajectory is re-directed away from going towards the glass once it gets to the blade of the stick.

NHL has disallowed goals for 1/4" offsides as evidence, so it wasn't "too close" to call.. more than enough evidence (and time) to get the call correct if that was the intent of the exercise.

View 1
https://i.imgflip.com/7j4817.gif

https://i.imgflip.com/7j48sl.gif
View 2
https://i.imgflip.com/7j55dh.gif
View 3
https://i.imgflip.com/7j55jt.gif

Two handed axe chop to 97.. no call
https://i.imgflip.com/7j49rq.gif

Now compare that two-hander on 97 to the "slash" given to RNH in OT.. then Ia-fall-down throws his stick away after 3 second delay just to add more theatrics.
https://i.imgflip.com/7j4yfj.gif

And this "bump" for a 2 min called on 73... never seen this called even in a meaningless regular season game.. not even in a non-contact beer league..

https://i.imgflip.com/7j4wpq.gif

Then there is this love tap to Doughty's shin pads.. Doughty himself didn't even think it worthy of selling..

https://i.imgflip.com/7j4x3b.gif

Speaking of physics. Arvedson should get a Tony Award for this interpretive dance routine..
https://i.imgflip.com/7j52ap.gif

Here's the 1st Oil penalty.. the one on Ekholm for "cross checking".. comical
https://i.imgflip.com/7j5300.gif

[Updated on: Sat, 22 April 2023 18:23]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821666 is a reply to message #821664 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Fri, 21 April 2023 23:55

Time for Woody to take a fine.

He went right to the edge, but didn't go over.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821670 is a reply to message #821598 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Here's a prime example of the preferential refereeing going on in this series..
https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1649654682355372032
Quote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuTQfSiaUAA6egk?format=png&name=small

Especially the no-call on the overhead two-hand axe chop on McDavid by Danault when compared to the minor RNH stick slash that gave LA the PP in OT.. not even freaking close in severity.. or game situation (OT in game 3 of a playoff game)

Something is rotten with the refereeing in this series .. everyone can smell it.

The NHL has gotten away with this type of BS score management for so long that they don't even care if anyone knows now.. they know they're untouchable.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 April 2023 05:38]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821671 is a reply to message #821598 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k is currently online g2k

2 Cups

Why do they even have a crew in Toronto reviewing these calls? They still can’t get it right with large monitors, proper lighting and a team of people.

Whoever is driving the ship for these decisions in that booth needs to get the gas pipe.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821677 is a reply to message #821671 ]
Sat, 22 April 2023 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

g2k wrote on Sat, 22 April 2023 14:44

Why do they even have a crew in Toronto reviewing these calls? They still can’t get it right with large monitors, proper lighting and a team of people.

Whoever is driving the ship for these decisions in that booth needs to get the gas pipe.

Was wondering the same thing

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821924 is a reply to message #821598 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

I do not believe in a league wide conspiracy to keep Canadian teams down.

I do believe we have a systematic refereeing issue that is not going away. They are having difficulty finding kids to ref atom and midget games right now. I do not know if it's terrible hockey parents scaring kids away, or they do a poor job marketing it to young players as a way to make some extra cash and have a legitimate chance to make it to higher levels of hockey.

What I do know is that far too many parents and minor league coaches are jerkoffs, and with no feeder system we are going to keep getting inexperienced washed up AHL'ers who can skate like the wind, but have limited in-game experience.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821930 is a reply to message #821924 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 24 April 2023 11:27

I do not believe in a league wide conspiracy to keep Canadian teams down.

I do believe we have a systematic refereeing issue that is not going away. They are having difficulty finding kids to ref atom and midget games right now. I do not know if it's terrible hockey parents scaring kids away, or they do a poor job marketing it to young players as a way to make some extra cash and have a legitimate chance to make it to higher levels of hockey.

What I do know is that far too many parents and minor league coaches are jerkoffs, and with no feeder system we are going to keep getting inexperienced washed up AHL'ers who can skate like the wind, but have limited in-game experience.

I think that the difficulties in developing officials is absolutely part of the problem, but I think there's some systemic issues with the NHL specifically. For whatever reason, the people who run the league feel that hockey is made better by allowing teams to impede their stars. Where other sports like basketball may go too far the other direction and defer too much to their star players, in the NHL we regularly see teams resort to just hanging off star players in the post-season. That that isn't called is a league decision, not just a referee decision. We saw last night McDavid get literally punched in the face, right in front of a referee, with no call at all. No matter the feeder system, that should be a penalty, but the league has told refs that they don't want the games all decided on the powerplay so they overlook infractions. I think it's amplified in Edmonton because that powerplay is so good that the refs feel they are almost awarding us a goal every time they raise their arm.

I would prefer to see the refs asked to continue to call obvious infractions and not to look for chances to even things up if they've made a couple calls one way. I'd also be clear that if there's a dive caught, it won't likely be a coincidental penalty but rather just the diver going to the box. There's still too much embellishment, and I think the fact that when they call dives, they usually still call the other infraction is part of that problem. It's still low-risk for the diver...at worst they are 4-on-4.

Until the league decides that they're okay with a first round where some team gets repeatedly dinged for penalties until they learn better, we're going to see this again and again every year. It's too fine a line that the league wants the referees to walk otherwise.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821946 is a reply to message #821930 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Truthfully I would be happy if we just got consistency between every ref, in every game no matter if it's the regular season or playoffs. Players would adjust to what ever standard was set out. Might take a season, but they would get there.

Throw away the rulebook, and rename it a guidebook. As it stands right now ... embarrassing.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821947 is a reply to message #821946 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Or even in one ref, from the start to the finish of a game.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821951 is a reply to message #821946 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 24 April 2023 13:55

Truthfully I would be happy if we just got consistency between every ref, in every game no matter if it's the regular season or playoffs. Players would adjust to what ever standard was set out. Might take a season, but they would get there.

Throw away the rulebook, and rename it a guidebook. As it stands right now ... embarrassing.

Looking back at this series, I think in game 1 and 2, we very well could have had a refing job similar to game 4. We just blew those games up for ourselves by doing stupid things. Game 1, 2 and 4 could have ended with ~2 PP's each if we didn't do obvious things to draw more. That seems to be the target for the refs, so ensure they can't be accused to helping the Oilers and their historically good PP too much.

Game 3 stands alone as a total clown show, and I guess it was a bit of a relief to see those same refs immediately make a mockery of another game. The review still burns, but that the NHL wimping out, scared to make a call that requires a little bit of reasoning without a camera angle that makes it obvious to 100% of people. We've seen worse.

Fingers crossed we get more like last night. And it's a shame we do have to just accept that McDavid can be groped and chopped at all night and the Kings will have to do very extreme things to push the refs over their ~2 PP per team target.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821959 is a reply to message #821951 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 24 April 2023 14:10

Looking back at this series, I think in game 1 and 2, we very well could have had a refing job similar to game 4. We just blew those games up for ourselves by doing stupid things. Game 1, 2 and 4 could have ended with ~2 PP's each if we didn't do obvious things to draw more. That seems to be the target for the refs, so ensure they can't be accused to helping the Oilers and their historically good PP too much.

Game 3 stands alone as a total clown show, and I guess it was a bit of a relief to see those same refs immediately make a mockery of another game. The review still burns, but that the NHL wimping out, scared to make a call that requires a little bit of reasoning without a camera angle that makes it obvious to 100% of people. We've seen worse.

Fingers crossed we get more like last night. And it's a shame we do have to just accept that McDavid can be groped and chopped at all night and the Kings will have to do very extreme things to push the refs over their ~2 PP per team target.

It's funny, but Game 1 might have been the best reffed game of the series. The Oilers continued to do stupid things and continued to get punished for them. The refs didn't look to even it up, even though the Kings had waaaaaay more PP time than we did. That's really how it should be.

I don't think the Kings were angels that night but they were much sneakier and we were just so blatant with so many of the penalties that it would have been hard not to call them.

Since then, I've thought it's not been great of course. Even last night, you knew after the Oilers went 2-for-2 that it would take attempted murder to get another call. The overtime penalty from the Kings was so grievous that they couldn't pretend it didn't happen.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821963 is a reply to message #821959 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 24 April 2023 15:26

It's funny, but Game 1 might have been the best reffed game of the series. The Oilers continued to do stupid things and continued to get punished for them. The refs didn't look to even it up, even though the Kings had waaaaaay more PP time than we did. That's really how it should be.

I don't think the Kings were angels that night but they were much sneakier and we were just so blatant with so many of the penalties that it would have been hard not to call them.

Since then, I've thought it's not been great of course. Even last night, you knew after the Oilers went 2-for-2 that it would take attempted murder to get another call. The overtime penalty from the Kings was so grievous that they couldn't pretend it didn't happen.

And initially I thought it was a gifted penalty until I saw the replay today without the beer goggles. Definite can opener.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821964 is a reply to message #821963 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 24 April 2023 15:42

And initially I thought it was a gifted penalty until I saw the replay today without the beer goggles. Definite can opener.

Even pulls his stick upward as the blade is stuck against Drai's right foot.

Yet I remain surprised the refs called it :) Just luck I guess that the ref was paying attention at the right thing at that moment.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821966 is a reply to message #821964 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 24 April 2023 15:44

Yet I remain surprised the refs called it :) Just luck I guess that the ref was paying attention at the right thing at that moment.

That's only the second call though.

The overtime penalty was the straight cross-check from behind that put Bouchard face-first in to the boards.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821967 is a reply to message #821964 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

It was a trip or interference or whatever a guy wants to call it, it just wasn't as horrible as other ones that got let go on both sides. But considering a few mins earlier, Byfield popped McD in the face with his gloves and no call, I think it was even.

Considering how horrendous game 3 was, last nights game and game 1, wasn't that bad. I will give the panel props, they haven't held back with how much of a trash call the missed high stick was.

I would love if the league had the balls to admit it was wrong. Nothing they can do about it after the game is over but at least admit it was a mistake to try to show you want to be better. So many media, fans, panelists, everyone say it was the wrong call and have evidence to show it was, man up and admit you made a mistake. But this is the NHL, they are never wrong.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821969 is a reply to message #821967 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 24 April 2023 15:53

It was a trip or interference or whatever a guy wants to call it, it just wasn't as horrible as other ones that got let go on both sides. But considering a few mins earlier, Byfield popped McD in the face with his gloves and no call, I think it was even.

Considering how horrendous game 3 was, last nights game and game 1, wasn't that bad. I will give the panel props, they haven't held back with how much of a trash call the missed high stick was.

I would love if the league had the balls to admit it was wrong. Nothing they can do about it after the game is over but at least admit it was a mistake to try to show you want to be better. So many media, fans, panelists, everyone say it was the wrong call and have evidence to show it was, man up and admit you made a mistake. But this is the NHL, they are never wrong.

Apology would be nice. Think the NHL just swept under the rug that missed high stick leading to a huge OT winner. All Oilers fans can still be PO'd every time they see it.

I just watched it again personally. F. puck was flying towards the boards and Valardi makes it drop straight down on Ekholm instead.

https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/07/putersmash.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #821972 is a reply to message #821969 ]
Mon, 24 April 2023 16:19 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 24 April 2023 16:06

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 24 April 2023 15:53

Apology would be nice. Think the NHL just swept under the rug that missed high stick leading to a huge OT winner. All Oilers fans can still be PO'd every time they see it.

I just watched it again personally. F. puck was flying towards the boards and Valardi makes it drop straight down on Ekholm instead.

https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/07/putersmash.gif

Or explain the call then. Tell the fans, media, whoever what they saw. Don't say "Inconclusive" What did you see that is different than everyone else! Maybe we are all wrong and you are right, so explain why.

There are so many angles where it clearly looks like the puck changes direction. It is going up, the movement of the puck looks to be going over the 2 players heads, then all of a sudden drops straight down. Laws of physics says it had to of hit the stick to stop it from going the way it was going, then drop like that so explain to us why the NHL felt it didn't happen. The whole "this is how it is" attitude doesn't work for people.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #4)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca