This day on May 4
None

Happy Birthday To: Devan Dubnyk, Copperhead, hornblower, evaoilplc

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #1)Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #1) [message #808132 is a reply to message #808131 ]
Wed, 01 June 2022 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 01 June 2022 17:22

Adrian Dater, Avs insider put this tweet out just a few moments ago;
Hearing there are/were Kuemper concussion symptoms from pucks to mask last night, symptoms which include vision/fogginess. Had previous eye injury too. Fluid situation. A couple good nights’ rest be all needed. Tomorrow key

Shoot high and hard..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #1) [message #808134 is a reply to message #808033 ]
Wed, 01 June 2022 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Goodnight Oilfans! Tomorrow is a new Musty day!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #1) [message #808163 is a reply to message #808033 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

https://twitter.com/MarkPavelich/status/1531821850598076416? cxt=HHwWgMCjge72j8IqAAAA

Quote:

Mark Pavelich @MarkPavelich
I just phoned my Dad #MattPavelich
@HockeyHallFame #NHL official and arguably the best ever at what he did and quote “ 100% offside and can’t believe that people on @Sportsnet, Aka @RonMacLeanHTH are trying to justify it is." @KellyHrudey make him stop.😂#LetsGoOilers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUIf2qIUcAAqh27?format=jpg&name=small

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #1) [message #808164 is a reply to message #808163 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

It blows me away how many former players, guys who played in the league a long time, have come out after seeing it and said they thought it was offside. Gretzky was on today and he thought it should have been offside. Is what it is now.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #1) [message #808167 is a reply to message #808164 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 15:23

It blows me away how many former players, guys who played in the league a long time, have come out after seeing it and said they thought it was offside. Gretzky was on today and he thought it should have been offside. Is what it is now.

You're gonna trust the word of a guy with a coaching record of 193-186-0-31? Sorry i'll stick with the referees in the game who get PAID to know the rules

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #1) [message #808168 is a reply to message #808167 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 16:23

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 15:23

You're gonna trust the word of a guy with a coaching record of 193-186-0-31? Sorry i'll stick with the referees in the game who get PAID to know the rules

Well he's the greatest player in the game. But I more take the word of other players who are barely out of the game saying the same thing.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #1) [message #808254 is a reply to message #808168 ]
Fri, 03 June 2022 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

greatest player of all time, who didn't play in a video review era. There's something to be said about that.
Grey area used to be called more toward the reserved side of things. Now that they have video review, I believe it was Shanahan that pushed this though I may be mistaken, the refs are letting more go if it's grey knowing they can use video review as a backup.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #1) [message #808259 is a reply to message #808254 ]
Fri, 03 June 2022 11:26 Go to previous message

3 Cups

So let me get this straight.

Byram gets hit into the Oilers bench. Kassian does a dumb thing and grabs at his helmet in an attempt to stir the pot. There was no attempt to hurt the guy, just trying to be annoying. He got a penalty for it which he should have. The NHL doesn't think that was enough and gives him a $2,500 fine for that.

Landeskog went for a blindside hit. Yamo didn't see him coming, Landeskog drilled him and worse of all, drilled him in the head and probably knocked him out of game 3 and maybe longer. Now did Yamo being so small play a part? Maybe but Yamo didn't see him coming at all, he was hunched over a bit and he took the shot right in the head. Landeskog got nothing. Not a penalty on the play, NHL deemed it clean.

I am not calling for a suspension on Landeskog but the league supposedly wants to get blindside hits and shots to the head out of the game and that was a blindside hit and a head shot and don't even give him a fine. But hey, you make damn sure that Kassian and others like him never tugs on a guys helmet again.

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca