Final (OT) (SO)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Colorado to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803944 is a reply to message #803936 ]
Sat, 09 April 2022 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Another Avalanche game. Another game where the Oilers play incredibly well, but come up short. Colorado sure is something. I’d rather play LA in the playoffs haha

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803946 is a reply to message #803944 ]
Sat, 09 April 2022 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

JPro wrote on Sat, 09 April 2022 22:49

Another Avalanche game. Another game where the Oilers play incredibly well, but come up short. Colorado sure is something. I’d rather play LA in the playoffs haha

Ideally a third round match-up.

It's a pretty close match between the teams though. Their wins against us are at 3v3 and shootout - neither of those things happen in the playoffs.

Kuemper definitely looks like the real deal though. He had a heck of a game there.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803947 is a reply to message #803946 ]
Sat, 09 April 2022 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sun, 10 April 2022 01:52

JPro wrote on Sat, 09 April 2022 22:49

Ideally a third round match-up.

It's a pretty close match between the teams though. Their wins against us are at 3v3 and shootout - neither of those things happen in the playoffs.

Kuemper definitely looks like the real deal though. He had a heck of a game there.

He did, but Jesse helped him a bit too.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803945 is a reply to message #803936 ]
Sat, 09 April 2022 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Quite a game from Keumper. The glass body likely shatters in time though like every other year.

Refs did their best to lame up the game but fun one overall. Needed a little finish on the wide open nets. Kostko was in his best mode.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803948 is a reply to message #803936 ]
Sat, 09 April 2022 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Well played game by the Oilers albeit against a depleted CO team on the 2nd of b2b games, too bad it came down to that lesser SO effort. LD was pretty awesome in the game but that slapper in the SO? Koski was outstanding.

Oilers settled things down after reverting to giving open looks in the 1st 10 min. It's like they need to adjust on the opponents' movement in the ozone early, and lucky not to be down 2 or 3 in the 1st. Colorado had a great forecheck going early as well, but it petered out eventually as the Oilees had the play pretty much for most of the last 50 minutes.

CO with I think 3 posts in the 1st. Jesse has to bury something when he's set up stone cold, at least twice tonight. I'd have liked to seen Nuge roof that chance he had on the OT PP.

Officiating was playoff quality, lots of managing by team NHL.

Oilers are getting in form looks like, it's encouraging.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803950 is a reply to message #803948 ]
Sat, 09 April 2022 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 09 April 2022 22:59

Well played game by the Oilers albeit against a depleted CO team on the 2nd of b2b games, too bad it came down to that lesser SO effort. LD was pretty awesome in the game but that slapper in the SO? Koski was outstanding.

Oilers settled things down after reverting to giving open looks in the 1st 10 min. It's like they need to adjust on the opponents' movement in the ozone early, and lucky not to be down 2 or 3 in the 1st. Colorado had a great forecheck going early as well, but it petered out eventually as the Oilees had the play pretty much for most of the last 50 minutes.

CO with I think 3 posts in the 1st. Jesse has to bury something when he's set up stone cold, at least twice tonight. I'd have liked to seen Nuge roof that chance he had on the OT PP.

Officiating was playoff quality, lots of managing by team NHL.

Oilers are getting in form looks like, it's encouraging.

Leon was bagged after the OT, I would've gone with either Kane or Hyman or McLeod in the shootout. Even Connor looked tanked. Grade A effort for 65 minutes so it's not a complaint against Drai or McD. Koskinen had his best game but he sure looked exhausted after OT - bright red face and neck, bagged eyes. Kuemper just looked focused. Puljujarvi sure has the monkey on his back. My main takeaway from the game was that the Oil stopped hitting about halfway through the game and handed that element to the Avs who used it well. McKinnon didn't expect the strong check from McDavid in OT and retaliated. If the Oilers check hard all game, I think the Avs would have folded down the stretch.

Nailbiting excitement for once, not the 55 minute yawners with 5 minutes of panic at the end. Loved it.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803949 is a reply to message #803936 ]
Sat, 09 April 2022 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Great game by Koski.. Oilers outplayed them.. but Nurse got his pocket picked for the game tieing goal.. we won the faceoff and he was too soft on his stick.. Koski had no chance.

Teem needs to get some set plays for special circumstances like a PP in 3 on 3 OT.. they were doing the same routine.. their PP tendencies are getting around the league.. need to fake the PK out.. they have the talent to create something.

Too bad, the 2 pts would have been helpful.. their next road trip going to be brutal.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803951 is a reply to message #803936 ]
Sat, 09 April 2022 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Sour Nate complaining about his penalty in OT.

Gotta admire the shamelessness. Maybe wish some of our guys were complaining 24/7 no matter what. Likely part of why Colorado had to go to such great lengths to finally be called, and why the refs were cool to almost tank that game with a 10 times/night play being called.

Still, makes me look extra-forward to sour Nate melting down after another playoff elimination.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803952 is a reply to message #803951 ]
Sun, 10 April 2022 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 09 April 2022 23:49

Gotta admire the shamelessness. Maybe wish some of our guys were complaining 24/7 no matter what. Likely part of why Colorado had to go to such great lengths to finally be called, and why the refs were cool to almost tank that game with a 10 times/night play being called.

Still, makes me look extra-forward to sour Nate melting down after another playoff elimination.

He wasn't happy about the OT penalty but he actually mentioned the Oilers getting one in the last 2 minutes of regulation and ended with "so, whatever". He knew it was an even up and wasn't too sour.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803953 is a reply to message #803952 ]
Sun, 10 April 2022 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 10 April 2022 00:01

He wasn't happy about the OT penalty but he actually mentioned the Oilers getting one in the last 2 minutes of regulation and ended with "so, whatever". He knew it was an even up and wasn't too sour.

Nah, Nate was sour, always is. Complaining how McDavid was holding his stick. passes it off as just an even up call to rationalize that what he did wasn't really a penalty. Penalty on us was laughable compared to what he did in OT to finally get called on the 4th strike. Dude is always whining and extra sour when things don't go his way.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 April 2022 00:30]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803954 is a reply to message #803953 ]
Sun, 10 April 2022 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 10 April 2022 00:28

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 10 April 2022 00:01

Nah, Nate was sour, always is. Complaining how McDavid was holding his stick. passes it off as just an even up call to rationalize that what he did wasn't really a penalty. Penalty on us was laughable compared to what he did in OT to finally get called on the 4th strike. Dude is always whining and extra sour when things don't go his way.

He learned that trick from Sid through all the time spent together doing Tim Horton’s commercials.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803956 is a reply to message #803954 ]
Sun, 10 April 2022 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I’m happy to not have anything to complain about in regards to goaltending the last few games. Both guys have been good to great. I don’t believe they can sustain it, but nobody would be happier for me to be totally wrong about that than me.

The good news: we again showed we were able to hang with the Avs. They dominated the first 10 minutes or so, and then I feel we controlled the rest of the game. Some may say we should have had a few more with all of Jesse’s grade A chances and a couple of posts, but the Avs rang like 4 or 5 off the posts. From what did happen, pretty even matchup.

Bad news - they are missing Landeskog and Kadri. Scary looking team with a full lineup.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803957 is a reply to message #803956 ]
Sun, 10 April 2022 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Mike wrote on Sun, 10 April 2022 09:14

I’m happy to not have anything to complain about in regards to goaltending the last few games. Both guys have been good to great. I don’t believe they can sustain it, but nobody would be happier for me to be totally wrong about that than me.

The good news: we again showed we were able to hang with the Avs. They dominated the first 10 minutes or so, and then I feel we controlled the rest of the game. Some may say we should have had a few more with all of Jesse’s grade A chances and a couple of posts, but the Avs rang like 4 or 5 off the posts. From what did happen, pretty even matchup.

Bad news - they are missing Landeskog and Kadri. Scary looking team with a full lineup.

Avs won the first game thanks to Kadri’s cheating and team NHL. Oilers could easily have won both games. 50/50 Kadri does something stupid in the playoffs and is suspended again.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803971 is a reply to message #803957 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I was at the game and it was a really, really good game. Other than goalies covering it, not a ton of whistles. Other than the first say 5 mins, I thought the Oilers were the better team.

Kuemper was unfreaking believable. He must have made 10 - 10 bell saves. Normally at least 1 or 2 of them are goals. I thought Koskinen was excellent as well.

JP!! OMG. He's doing a ton of other good things and he's getting into good spots but he has to bury some of those!!! He has too. The first one especially he just fired into Kuemper. The second one I think Kuemper might have got a small piece but when you are set up like that, you need to put that in. I hope it comes because at some point when you are on McD's line and you are getting setups like that, you have to put them in.

Lots to positives to come from that game, got a point. Oilers showed they can hang with the best team in the league and be a shot away from winning.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803974 is a reply to message #803971 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 11:45

JP!! OMG. He's doing a ton of other good things and he's getting into good spots but he has to bury some of those!!!

You're right in that two of those he had pretty wide open areas to shoot at and sent it right to the middle of the net into right into the Kuemper's crest. He needs a few practice days with the shooter tutor to start seeing those corners again.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803975 is a reply to message #803974 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 10:01

JP!! OMG. He's doing a ton of other good things and he's getting into good spots but he has to bury some of those!!!

You're right in that two of those he had pretty wide open areas to shoot at and sent it right to the middle of the net into right into the Kuemper's crest. He needs a few practice days with the shooter tutor to start seeing those corners again.

From where I was sitting, we were in the attack zone twice on JP's side so we could see it coming perfectly, the angle, everything and there was a TON of open net so how he didn't score was just so frustrating.
I still like him and as a line they are awesome but I have to think that a Hyman, Yamo, Kane, definitely Leon, all put at least one of those in. He needs to find away to bury those. I think he had a few against the Sharks too so it's good to see him getting into the right spots.

I think moving forward, he will be a real good, 2 way guy but I do wonder if his ceiling is 20 goals in a good year.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803977 is a reply to message #803975 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 10:30

From where I was sitting, we were in the attack zone twice on JP's side so we could see it coming perfectly, the angle, everything and there was a TON of open net so how he didn't score was just so frustrating.
I still like him and as a line they are awesome but I have to think that a Hyman, Yamo, Kane, definitely Leon, all put at least one of those in. He needs to find away to bury those. I think he had a few against the Sharks too so it's good to see him getting into the right spots.

I think moving forward, he will be a real good, 2 way guy but I do wonder if his ceiling is 20 goals in a good year.

Yep. He's going to be a 20-25 goal guy who's rarely well above 50 points. He'll still be a valuable contributor to a line, but he excels at puck retrieval and two way play. I will bet he has maybe one spike season where it all goes right for him - something like Eberle's 78 point season - but he's not going to be an elite goal scorer.

Hopefully the Oilers (and a large portion of the client base) have learned from their past that a guy can still be a pretty big contributor even if he isn't the mythic "one-shot scorer". I just look at Eberle and think how much criticism he had for not scoring on one-timers in his last season here, even as he put up 50 points in an off-year. We traded him for Strome, who because he wasn't immediately scoring those kinds of numbers from the third line, we traded again for Spooner. We need to be better at accepting what a player is, rather than lamenting everything he isn't.

I do hope Puljujarvi works a little on his release - he seemed to be pulling those shots too far back towards the way they came from, rather than shooting it straight ahead and I feel like that's something that can be developed to an extent - but I also hope that the team isn't still stuck on thinking that he needs to be another superstar to be an effective contributor.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803978 is a reply to message #803977 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 11:20

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 10:30

Yep. He's going to be a 20-25 goal guy who's rarely well above 50 points. He'll still be a valuable contributor to a line, but he excels at puck retrieval and two way play. I will bet he has maybe one spike season where it all goes right for him - something like Eberle's 78 point season - but he's not going to be an elite goal scorer.

Hopefully the Oilers (and a large portion of the client base) have learned from their past that a guy can still be a pretty big contributor even if he isn't the mythic "one-shot scorer". I just look at Eberle and think how much criticism he had for not scoring on one-timers in his last season here, even as he put up 50 points in an off-year. We traded him for Strome, who because he wasn't immediately scoring those kinds of numbers from the third line, we traded again for Spooner. We need to be better at accepting what a player is, rather than lamenting everything he isn't.

I do hope Puljujarvi works a little on his release - he seemed to be pulling those shots too far back towards the way they came from, rather than shooting it straight ahead and I feel like that's something that can be developed to an extent - but I also hope that the team isn't still stuck on thinking that he needs to be another superstar to be an effective contributor.

Just my opinion but I think JP has the ability to do a lot more for a line than what Eberle did when he wasn't scoring and I think if the offense for JP dried up to the point he wasn't producing enough to stick in the top 6, you could drop him to the 3rd line and he'd still be effective. I never saw Eberle have the ability to drop down and be effective as a 3rd liner.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803981 is a reply to message #803978 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I wonder if anybody ever suggested to PJ that he change his stick size... he wiffs more than anybody I've ever seen.

Interesting, watched a deep dive on him and he has the highest numbers in relation to other players on the team. Essentially no matter where he plays or with whom that line does better in terms of possession time, puck advancement, turnovers, shot attempts and shot quality.
Tried to find it to paste in here but was unable to find it.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803983 is a reply to message #803981 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 12:00

I wonder if anybody ever suggested to PJ that he change his stick size... he wiffs more than anybody I've ever seen.

Interesting, watched a deep dive on him and he has the highest numbers in relation to other players on the team. Essentially no matter where he plays or with whom that line does better in terms of possession time, puck advancement, turnovers, shot attempts and shot quality.

I think it was Gregor who used to have Adam Oates on his show and Oates would talk a ton about sticks and how a lot of young players have too long of sticks and it makes a huge difference.

I don't know if I would say he's lacking confidence because he's doing lots of other things well and looks to be playing well. When you see a guy who's lacking confidence, lots of times they look like that can barely tape their stick but he's sure missed some grade A++ chances. As the games get tighter and tighter, the chances get fewer so it's hard seeing those not get cashed in.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803984 is a reply to message #803981 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 11:00

I think Gregor has talked about it.. problem is if he shortens it up his puck retrievals, turnover creation, poke checks, might suffer.. I think its a trade off .. I think he could drop his hands in close to the net, i.e. choke up on the stick, and get at the pucks closer to his feet, but then the lie probably gets screwed up.. I'm sure he must have looked at it though .. probably needs some frame by frame study.. be sweet if he could start burying those McD grade A setups though! .. its an enigma...

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803985 is a reply to message #803984 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 12:15

I think Gregor has talked about it.. problem is if he shortens it up his puck retrievals, turnover creation, poke checks, might suffer.. I think its a trade off .. I think he could drop his hands in close to the net, i.e. choke up on the stick, and get at the pucks closer to his feet, but then the lie probably gets screwed up.. I'm sure he must have looked at it though .. probably needs some frame by frame study.. be sweet if he could start burying those McD grade A setups though! .. its an enigma...

I am not sure if he does use one but hopefully he works with a skills coach to work on his finish. Getting to the right spots at the right time is a huge part of it which he is doing, he just needs slightly better finish.

I had this game as a loss so to get the point is good.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803988 is a reply to message #803985 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 11:20

I am not sure if he does use one but hopefully he works with a skills coach to work on his finish. Getting to the right spots at the right time is a huge part of it which he is doing, he just needs slightly better finish.

The longer stick also helps him with his boomer of a shot, which is his bread and butter.

I think we need to realize PJ isn't Eberle weaving through checks like a leaf on the wind, puck dancing in tight near his feet. The longer stick is probably more ideal for the type of player that PJ is. Also being a taller guy with long arms, the longer stick maximizes his reach advantage.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803989 is a reply to message #803988 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 13:25

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 11:20

The longer stick also helps him with his boomer of a shot, which is his bread and butter.

I think we need to realize PJ isn't Eberle weaving through checks like a leaf on the wind, puck dancing in tight near his feet. The longer stick is probably more ideal for the type of player that PJ is. Also being a taller guy with long arms, the longer stick maximizes his reach advantage.

If adjusting his stick mean he can hit a few spots better, maybe a slightly quicker release but the result is his slapper isn't as hard, I think that would be a pretty good pay off. You don't see too many players these days putting pucks through goalies that often. It's more important to pick corners and get shots off quickly.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803990 is a reply to message #803989 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Question - how many goals has PJ scored in the NHL with his 'boomer' of a shot? How many grad A chances has he missed because he flubbed on a shot?

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803991 is a reply to message #803990 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 14:00

Question - how many goals has PJ scored in the NHL with his 'boomer' of a shot? How many grad A chances has he missed because he flubbed on a shot?

I'd say the NHL has gone away a far amount from the big slapper. Guys are just too quick that players don't have as much time to take that big back swing and load it up. You don't even see Dmen do a slapper that often anymore.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803992 is a reply to message #803991 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 13:06

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 14:00

I'd say the NHL has gone away a far amount from the big slapper. Guys are just too quick that players don't have as much time to take that big back swing and load it up. You don't even see Dmen do a slapper that often anymore.

Boomer might have been an exaggeration on my part. I mean his shots off the rush or from the face off circle area, which are somewhere between a snap shot and a slap shot.

That video is his goals from last season. Which are either him in front of the net like Smyth or Holmstrom. Or him firing it on net from around the face off circle.

IMO, both cases he's still best served with a longer stick. Longer reach to get to rebounds first. And more zip on his snap shots. Other than breakaways, he's not holding on to the puck very long leading up to his goals.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803993 is a reply to message #803992 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

As for the media targeting PJ.... I wish they'd piss off and focus on something relevant, like how does management clean up the goalie situation next season? Without dragging the goalies we have over the coals, because they are who they are, criticizing them is like criticizing Marty Reasoner for not being Gretzky.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803994 is a reply to message #803993 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 14:23

As for the media targeting PJ.... I wish they'd piss off and focus on something relevant, like how does management clean up the goalie situation next season? Without dragging the goalies we have over the coals, because they are who they are, criticizing them is like criticizing Marty Reasoner for not being Gretzky.

There's a marked preference among Edmonton's media to save their ammunition for those least able to push back on them. Going after management for bad management decisions!?!? Or with an expectation that they make better decisions moving forward??? No chance.

The young European who isn't super confident in English is a big enough fish to them to go after thank you very much. Yamamoto is the back-up plan, and if both of those are unavailable, then Bouchard is still young, so he's fair game next.

If they get REALLY brave, they start going after Leon over his interview style.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #804004 is a reply to message #803994 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 13:29

There's a marked preference among Edmonton's media to save their ammunition for those least able to push back on them. Going after management for bad management decisions!?!? Or with an expectation that they make better decisions moving forward??? No chance.

The young European who isn't super confident in English is a big enough fish to them to go after thank you very much. Yamamoto is the back-up plan, and if both of those are unavailable, then Bouchard is still young, so he's fair game next.

If they get REALLY brave, they start going after Leon over his interview style.

What really bugs me is the "fans" who don't think for themselves and just adopt whatever opinion the hacks tell them. And that their news outlets keep sending them paychecks.

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #804014 is a reply to message #803993 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

BUT, he was Joe Sakic!! (ironically in this postgame thread for Oil/Avs game 😉

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803986 is a reply to message #803981 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 15:00

They went into that in an Oilersnation article:
https://oilersnation.com/2022/04/10/five-edmonton-oilers-pla yers-that-have-improved-the-most-under-jay-woodcroft-and-dav e-manson-and-the-one-that-still-needs-to-improve/

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803982 is a reply to message #803974 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 09:01

Yeah I agree, Bison shouldn't even see a goaltender during training in the off-season, just put in a shooter tutor.. force him to "aim" at the "holes" for a summer.. train his brain to see empty space and hit it, to the point it's hardwired! :)

.. Actually that's what I should be doing.. hit the team logo every time!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803987 is a reply to message #803936 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

The media hate from a select few on Puljujarvi is making me sick.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803996 is a reply to message #803987 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 13:03

Only thing to complain about his game is not finishing, and of course that is all they can talk about as if the Oilers are just loaded with snipers that should be taking his place lol.

Hopefully Jesse just takes it all as motivation to work in his shot this summer. Polish up that release and he would be an absolute beast.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #803999 is a reply to message #803996 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 14:35

Only thing to complain about his game is not finishing, and of course that is all they can talk about as if the Oilers are just loaded with snipers that should be taking his place lol.

Hopefully Jesse just takes it all as motivation to work in his shot this summer. Polish up that release and he would be an absolute beast.

These bleeping guys...

Quote:

Mark Spector🇨🇦🇺🇦
@SportsnetSpec

When did Expected Goals become more relevant than ACTUAL goals?
3 goals since Jan. 1 for Puljujarvi, playing with McDavid every day.
And 13 makes 97 better?
Sorry. That’s an a analytics fail.

Quote:

Jim Matheson
@jimmathesonnhl

Again, Allan. (***responding to a Lowetide tweet***) I have said Jesse does good things with Connor but is three goals over the last 30 games not a fact? Is that good for a forward, never mind the other stuff he does, playing on the top line?

This is the best response to these fools, but even that doesn't get through to them:

Quote:

Dimitri Filipovic
@DimFilipovic
Replying to
@SportsnetSpec
They’re up 18-2 in *actual 5v5 goals* with him on the ice under Woodcroft so what are you going on about

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #804006 is a reply to message #803996 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Strudwick had a great idea. He said JP should be calling up McD in the offseason and working with him. I think that is a great idea and I hope it happens.

I doubt McD is ripping into him but I have to believe there would be some level of frustration on the part of McD when he is setting up JP with looks like he did on Saturday and he can't cash in. Those sets ups don't get any better and if he scores on just 1, they win the game. He does a lot of things well. I don't think he will ever score like Laine but if he could get up to 20-25 that should be enough. If you look at the amount of goals he's missed in the last month, with a little tweaking and maybe some work with McD, getting those totals shouldn't be a problem.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2022 16:27]

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #804008 is a reply to message #803996 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

It's frustrating watching JP not bury chances, but you want guys to get the chances. I'd be worries if he wasn't making plays to create chances or putting himself in scoring position. Clearly he does both well. I was really worried about Yams earlier in the year when he wasnt really even getting shot attempts. That kind of play is what gets you down the lineup and in the PB, and worse. Thankfully Yams got out of it, but at the time he was actually lucky because there was no one else that could have been elevated.

They'll start to go for JP, I'd love that guy's S% to approach 15 instead of below 9%

Re: Review: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73) [message #804015 is a reply to message #804008 ]
Mon, 11 April 2022 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 11 April 2022 17:36

It's frustrating watching JP not bury chances, but you want guys to get the chances. I'd be worries if he wasn't making plays to create chances or putting himself in scoring position. Clearly he does both well. I was really worried about Yams earlier in the year when he wasnt really even getting shot attempts. That kind of play is what gets you down the lineup and in the PB, and worse. Thankfully Yams got out of it, but at the time he was actually lucky because there was no one else that could have been elevated.

They'll start to go for JP, I'd love that guy's S% to approach 15 instead of below 9%

The kid is fragile, which is normal for any young player. Shoot, he was almost out of the league and has came back and found a significant role on this team. Media sucks.

I think Puljujarvi has the right coach at the right time for him to work through this. Jesse has some big goals left in him and I hope they get at the biggest stage. A solid playoffs would do wonders for the Bison King. Absolutely love this gem.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #75)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca