This day on April 26
None

Happy Birthday To: Hemmer2Eberle, Burgeoboy, Weloveoil

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800061]
Thu, 17 February 2022 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Anaheim to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800062 is a reply to message #800061 ]
Thu, 17 February 2022 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

9-2-1 in the last 12. Feeling good.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800063 is a reply to message #800061 ]
Thu, 17 February 2022 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Look like a different team right now

I honestly cant pick a single Oiler that had a bad game today.
6 diff goal scorers.
7 diff guys with a 2 point game.
Every forward got a point except Shore. (Speaking of Shore; I think he had a round 4 mins going into the third and finished with 6ish. Time to move on from him permanently. )
D was solid overall.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800069 is a reply to message #800063 ]
Thu, 17 February 2022 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 17 February 2022 21:40

6 diff goal scorers.
Every forward got a point except Shore. (Speaking of Shore; I think he had a round 4 mins going into the third and finished with 6ish. Time to move on from him permanently. )
D was solid overall.

I would consistently play Benson over Shore. Also Perlini and Sceviour (although Sceviour is in Bakersfield right now).

Derek Ryan does look like a new man. Warren Foegele too. This looks more like the depth we thought we were going to get at the start of the year.

I thought Tippett was crap for a while but it's interesting to see how different this team looks without him. McDavid hasn't even really got going yet...so the league better watch out.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800070 is a reply to message #800069 ]
Thu, 17 February 2022 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 17 February 2022 21:56

6 diff goal scorers.
D was solid overall.

I would consistently play Benson over Shore. Also Perlini and Sceviour (although Sceviour is in Bakersfield right now).

Derek Ryan does look like a new man. Warren Foegele too. This looks more like the depth we thought we were going to get at the start of the year.

I thought Tippett was crap for a while but it's interesting to see how different this team looks without him. McDavid hasn't even really got going yet...so the league better watch out.

Shore. Only forward that didn't manage to be on for a goal for, and only forward that managed to be out for more high danger chances against than for.

Steelcroft almost done with that?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800072 is a reply to message #800063 ]
Thu, 17 February 2022 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

6 diff goal scorers.
D was solid overall.

I wonder why PERLINI isn't getting a chance with the new guy...

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800073 is a reply to message #800063 ]
Thu, 17 February 2022 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

6 diff goal scorers.
D was solid overall.

Barrie was terrible. That first sequence before he took the penalty was Samorukov bad.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800066 is a reply to message #800061 ]
Thu, 17 February 2022 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

http://i.imgur.com/mpYxTp8.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800081 is a reply to message #800066 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Another big win!!

I thought the first goal against was weak as hell. A high tip that somehow found a hole right through Smith's body. I think that had to be stop.

Second goal I thought wasn't as bad but not great. Another tip where it somehow makes it all the way through Smith's body.

After that though, it was men against boys out there. They pumped 7 by Gibson and he had to make multiple fantastic stops

The best thing is they are doing it with their PP not clicking. If they could get their PP going at even middle of the pack, look out.

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800086 is a reply to message #800061 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Navy Jerseys are 4-0 !!

Still work to do on D.. all 3 goals good have been negated without key mistakes.

Good to see some offensive power.. and I have to say addition of Nemo and Kane have welcome .. nice to see some physical presence.. swagger.. might rub off on a couple of guys..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800088 is a reply to message #800086 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 09:44

Navy Jerseys are 4-0 !!

Still work to do on D.. all 3 goals good have been negated without key mistakes.

Good to see some offensive power.. and I have to say addition of Nemo and Kane have welcome .. nice to see some physical presence.. swagger.. might rub off on a couple of guys..

4-0 if you don't count all the games before those four...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800115 is a reply to message #800088 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 09:14

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 09:44

Navy Jerseys are 4-0 !!

4-0 if you don't count all the games before those four...

I can't tell what jerseys they wore in previous games.. just started keeping track.. would be interesting though.. Win/Loss for Orange vs Navy ?
My working hypothesis is Navy is > Orange.
Since records have been kept (me) .. so far the record is 4-0 ! :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800117 is a reply to message #800061 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Side note: As bad as Oiler pro scouting has been, with regards to Anaheim.. at least we didn't choose to keep Sami Vatanen and Josh Manson over Shea Theadore.. holy crap

Ducks turned Vatanen into Adam Henrique..
https://thehockeynews.com/news/on-the-incremental-destructio n-of-anaheims-defense

Quote:

"..To begin, let’s take it back to 2016-17, when the Ducks won the Pacific Division with 105 points, then went all the way to the conference final before losing to the Nashville Predators. The defense corps from that run featured Cam Fowler, Hampus Lindholm, Sami Vatanen, Josh Manson, Shea Theodore and Brandon Montour as the regulars, with Kevin Bieksa and Korbinian Holzer also seeing action. That top six is super-impressive, especially since all of them can move the puck and even break down evenly in terms of left- and right-handed shots. Plus, Theodore and Montour were still on their way up – they were rookies at the time.

So what happened? Well, Vegas happened, for starters.

The Ducks traded Theodore to the Golden Knights, thus protecting Vatanen or Manson from getting pinched in the expansion draft (the Knights took Clayton Stoner instead). This was bad, but complicated: Anaheim were forced to protect Bieksa, who had a no-move clause, plus the Ducks elected to guard seven forwards and three defensemen, as opposed to four of each. If Bieksa hadn’t been given that NMC originally, the Ducks could have kept Manson and Vatanen on their list (with Fowler and Lindholm) – though that would have made for some interesting decisions at forward.."

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30) [message #800130 is a reply to message #800117 ]
Sat, 19 February 2022 13:38 Go to previous message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 22:28

Side note: As bad as Oiler pro scouting has been, with regards to Anaheim.. at least we didn't choose to keep Sami Vatanen and Josh Manson over Shea Theadore.. holy crap

Ducks turned Vatanen into Adam Henrique..
https://thehockeynews.com/news/on-the-incremental-destructio n-of-anaheims-defense

Quote:

"..To begin, let’s take it back to 2016-17, when the Ducks won the Pacific Division with 105 points, then went all the way to the conference final before losing to the Nashville Predators. The defense corps from that run featured Cam Fowler, Hampus Lindholm, Sami Vatanen, Josh Manson, Shea Theodore and Brandon Montour as the regulars, with Kevin Bieksa and Korbinian Holzer also seeing action. That top six is super-impressive, especially since all of them can move the puck and even break down evenly in terms of left- and right-handed shots. Plus, Theodore and Montour were still on their way up – they were rookies at the time.

So what happened? Well, Vegas happened, for starters.

The Ducks traded Theodore to the Golden Knights, thus protecting Vatanen or Manson from getting pinched in the expansion draft (the Knights took Clayton Stoner instead). This was bad, but complicated: Anaheim were forced to protect Bieksa, who had a no-move clause, plus the Ducks elected to guard seven forwards and three defensemen, as opposed to four of each. If Bieksa hadn’t been given that NMC originally, the Ducks could have kept Manson and Vatanen on their list (with Fowler and Lindholm) – though that would have made for some interesting decisions at forward.."

That's what happens when you assess defenceman at 21 years old like some people around here do. The good ones generally take quite a while to grow into the players they can be.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #43)
Next Topic:Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca