Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795649]
Wed, 08 December 2021 17:29 Go to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

https://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/#tab:overall

Oilers worth 1.1 billion. US dollars.

Seventh most valuable NHL franchise.

Must be Oiler management is doing a lot of things right.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795653 is a reply to message #795649 ]
Wed, 08 December 2021 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Revenue for any team is between 66 and 105M and all teams have operating losses between 20 and 56M. It's crazy team value ballooned last season.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795658 is a reply to message #795649 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 08 December 2021 17:29

Must be Oiler management is doing a lot of things right.

Must be $500+ million in free city money for a new arena.

Re: Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795659 is a reply to message #795658 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

400 mill for the Yotes? I googled what it costs to buy the Yotes in 2019 and Forbes was saying it cost around 300 mill. Nice potential profit for a team that to start the season only had 1 yr left on a place to play, now they might be out of a play to play in a couple of weeks for being way behind on taxes and rent.

Re: Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795661 is a reply to message #795659 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 11:55

400 mill for the Yotes? I googled what it costs to buy the Yotes in 2019 and Forbes was saying it cost around 300 mill. Nice potential profit for a team that to start the season only had 1 yr left on a place to play, now they might be out of a play to play in a couple of weeks for being way behind on taxes and rent.

If I am a multimillionaire then I am looking to buy the Coyotes, move them to Houston and sell them in 5-10 years for a nice profit. I think Houston would do great supporting a team, and there is built in history with the Aeros of the WHA and the Howe family. In 10 years you could turn that $400M into $1B (with the help of some inflation too).

Re: Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795666 is a reply to message #795661 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 10:15

If I am a multimillionaire then I am looking to buy the Coyotes, move them to Houston and sell them in 5-10 years for a nice profit. I think Houston would do great supporting a team, and there is built in history with the Aeros of the WHA and the Howe family. In 10 years you could turn that $400M into $1B (with the help of some inflation too).

The arena in Houston isn't capable (at this point) of creating ice. Tillman Fertita ripped all the ice making equipment out to make room for a VIP lounge. Anyone serious about going to Houston would need pockets deep enough to buy a new building (and keep the team afloat until it gets built. The easier alternative would be KC, which has an empty building that you can probably get a sweetheart lease deal on. Quebec is a no-go because they can't get the alignment to work. Detroit and/or Columbus will not agree to move back to the west.

Re: Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795667 is a reply to message #795666 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 10:35

The arena in Houston isn't capable (at this point) of creating ice. Tillman Fertita ripped all the ice making equipment out to make room for a VIP lounge. Anyone serious about going to Houston would need pockets deep enough to buy a new building (and keep the team afloat until it gets built. The easier alternative would be KC, which has an empty building that you can probably get a sweetheart lease deal on. Quebec is a no-go because they can't get the alignment to work. Detroit and/or Columbus will not agree to move back to the west.

Is KC a good hockey market though? In Houston you have the natural rival of Dallas and they have a history of hockey teams there at fairly high levels.

At some point Bettman has to just accept it's not going to work. No one will accuse the guy for not doing everything to try and keep that franchise there. Multiple owners, leagues owned it for a bit. Now their City is fed up, team isn't paying their bills. Just end it Gary!

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2021 10:46]

Re: Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795668 is a reply to message #795666 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I did not know that about the Houston arena. Great information.

I now agree KC is the obvious and easiest choice... which means the NHL will never consider it. Two idiotic alternatives off the top of my head: make the Nords play in the west or drop a team in Portland (moving Vegas to the central).

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795670 is a reply to message #795668 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 11:21 Go to previous message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 12:45

I did not know that about the Houston arena. Great information.

I now agree KC is the obvious and easiest choice... which means the NHL will never consider it. Two idiotic alternatives off the top of my head: make the Nords play in the west or drop a team in Portland (moving Vegas to the central).

I didn't realize that Houston didn't have the arena ready for hockey. If the worst happened and the Coyotes couldn't play in Glendale after Dec 20th, I wonder what the NHL does? Do they find just any arena to put them in to get games played?

Re: Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795662 is a reply to message #795659 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2021 09:55

To be fair though, they still have the rights to Loui Eriksson.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Forbes Values for NHL teams, 2021 Edition [message #795664 is a reply to message #795662 ]
Thu, 09 December 2021 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

It's bad enough that the City cancelled their lease do they were going to be homeless at the end of this season but to be way behind on your bills to the point they are going to kick you out in a little over a week? What a joke they are.

Previous Topic:Arizona is in deep doo doo
Next Topic:Brad Marchand - meeting with DOPS
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca